All Comments on 'The Seeker and the Source Pt. 05'

by The_Diddler

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
The_DiddlerThe_Diddleralmost 4 years agoAuthor
Message from the author

Colter here!

Sorry for the late posting, I ended up at the high risk clinic to test for Covid-19 last week because I was showing symptoms (viral infection). Don't worry, the test came back negative but my nose burned for like an hour afterwards.

Anyways, that pushed back my hospital audit to this week (and no auditing a hospital did not get me sick, though the irony in getting sick during a pandemic while conducting an audit on a hospital doesn't escape me).

Which meant I was working over time all week.

Although.... overtime isn't all that uncommon in my line of work.

I basically edited this in 7 hours, which for me is very quick, as a result I'm sorry if the quality may not be up to snuff.

Anyways thanks for the read! Part 6 and 7 to be posted soon-ish

MajesticJMajesticJalmost 4 years ago
Relax it’s all good

I have been enjoying your story so far and I feel like I should reassure you after reading the foreword to this latest chapter. I have previously read Reckingball’s story and many others that deal with forced magical binding and power transfer and these are not new ideas. One of the better ones was The Last Triton by waterburn (no longer available). Maybe the fact that you both used the term seeker is what’s bugging certain people but the two tales are distinct. Besides your story is well written enough that I’m pretty sure you’re not an idiot and wouldn’t use such a similar title if you were plagiarizing. I’ve seen this before where fans of a series will accuse someone of ripping off their favorite author but they don’t realize how many concepts and ideas get recycled. I consider it axiomatic that if you think you have an original idea you probably don’t. So relax and enjoy writing your story and don’t worry about the self appointed idea police.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Chill out and enjoy

The one thing I notice about authors on this site is that, when they start getting stressed or worried about their writing it actually reflects in the quality of their work. Like if you were to compare your previous writing to this part you can see a drop in the quality.

I agree with Majestic. Having read The Seeker, yours is different enough. And the minute we start policing others on not having 'unique' themes is when we start losing good creative stories like this. So what if you're Hunger Games to Reckingball's Battle Royal.

The way you tell your story will always be unique to you! It's why it's 'James Cameron's Avatar' and 'Disney's Pocohontas'

What people have against your story is likely because you both used the word Seeker. But that's like Hugo boss coming down on Boss brewing for using the word "boss" in their name.

My advice: take your time and enjoy what you're writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
well worth the wait

Sorry to hear you were ill and glad to know all is well. Have enjoyed the story much to this point and am eagerly looking forward to the next installments! Keep up the good work and ignore the comparisons. You're story is.just fine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Diddler@The_Diddler
Usually a lurker, wanted to try writing after finding some stories that got abandoned. I do full plot driven stories, sectioned in parts, released over a period of a few weeks (give or take for editing). I'm dyslexic and creative writing isn't my forte but I'm always looking ...