The Silver Guardian Bk. 02 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The vans pulled up into a large garage attached to a smaller traditionally styled Cuban home in Little Havana that backed up to what looked like a run down old warehouse. Ramon spoke up respectfully.

"We will be entering through the small house into one of the main compounds my King and Queen. Alpha Maria will be waiting for you there. Are you ready?"

Dante and Lily quickly checked with Astrid and Bryn and Freydis, the latter of the two had the Little Royals, and confirmed they were. Dante nodded at Beta Ramon.

"Let's go."

The doors opened and the entire contingent moved to protect the Royal Family and quickly as one made their way into the little home. It was currently empty but they moved into a large hallway in the back and then entered a short but large corridor that lead to a large vault door. Ramon quickly opened the door and then they were inside.

What appeared like a small modern luxury hotel was inside of the large warehouse, which from this side was anything but old or dilapidated. It was clear that was just a facade beneath something far stronger and more secure. In a word it was incredible. Out front of the grand entry to the hotel on the bottom floor was Alpha María Garces and her mate Señor Alpha Emanuél Garces, along with a contingent of their top Beta's and a large portion of her Pack. Alpha Maria confidently stride forward with her mate and kneeled before Dante and Lily and barred their throats.

As had become standard for Dante, he scented and scanned them both of their intentions. Alpha Maria was a strong and confident wolf and lead fairly but intensely. She reminded Dante a lot of Alpha Mary Winslow and both Dante and Lily had quite the soft spot for that pistols of a she-wolf.

Emanuel was a fine compliment to his mate. He was fiery and bold but had a keen intellect that supported and complimented his mate Maria. He was a good wolf who fiercely loved and protected his mate and let her shine as the fine and strong she-wolf that she was.

Lily felt this all with Dante in those brief moments and they were pleased with who their hosts and allies were. Dante spoke to them.

"We accept your submission and appreciate your warm welcome. Rise as the proud wolves you are Alpha Maria and Señor Alpha Emanuel."

Maria and Emanuel smiled and rose in front of them before Dante quickly hugged Maria and Lily quickly hugged Emanuel as they all smiled broadly. Maria spoke as they all separated. Both her and her mate were blushing but clearly filled with joy.

"We thank you both for your warm introduction and sincerely welcome you to the Little Havana Pack! If you'd follow me we will go inside and get comfortable."

****

They were in a large and tastefully lit modern lounge of leather and glass and rich woods with plush beige carpet and had been talking for some time while sipping on Cuban Coffee and some local sweets. Dante was holding Fenrir and Lilly was holding Alunra. They had quickly let Alpha Maria and Señor Alpha Emanuel know that in private they wished to be addressed casually as friends and allies so that everyone could relax. There would be enough trouble soon enough as they all knew. Dante spoke to Maria.

"Your neighborhood and facilities here, maybe better said your compound, is incredible! The local support is also unique and rich in culture themselves as well. As you can tell we are very much enjoying it and appreciate how it works. You've done tremendously well here and something we can all aspire to in our respect for our surroundings. Yes there is risk, but it's managed risk which is nothing new to our kind."

Lily touched Dante's arm and smiled at him. "I grew up in our mountain community which was decidedly separate. We supported the local town and built our own mystique, I guess I'd say, and felt very free but this is an entirely different experience. The respect of the locals to respect and not push on each other's boundaries is wonderful. We still need to be careful and mindful but it's a unique experience that I love. Maybe one day things can change for us all."

Maria was beaming as well Emanuel. To be recognized like this was wonderful and they were relishing the praise of their King and Queen. Maria spoke to Lily,

"Thank you Lily, and you too Dante. It took a lot of effort and trust from both sides but it's been working since the beginning over 75 years ago. Our most recent compound upgrade was the hotel we are in. That took years and a lot of work and money, but it's paid off tremendously already. We have a safe place for our Pack and plenty of room and safety for all the pups too. We're all very happy here and glad that you feel so welcome too!"

Astrid politely coughed. "Ahem." Dante sighed.

"Sadly, that gentle reminder is right. We love what you e done here but we also need to talk a bit of business."

Everyone sat up a bit straighter while Lily snuggled into Dante a bit.

"How is your Pack coming with readying for this strike in two days? Any problems to mention?"

Maria briefly looked at her mate who nodded in the negative.

"Dante we should be ready by then. The facility identified is deep in the Everglades and away from prying eyes. We are planning on entering with 150 of our wolves plus your 50 and your own contingent. It is a large facility and access is via a single lane roaring headlong into the docking area. Unlike others this one is well maintained and has security going in. There will not be a way to be overtly stealthy on this one. That's why we have such a force going in. We have dozens of Humvees that will take us in as an assault force. What we meet when we are there is really up to Viktor's men on site."

Dante nodded deep in thought. "I've already spoken to William and looked myself. It's well done and it's a closed system, nothing in going out, just self contained. If it isn't brought in it can't get in. This is going to be a nasty fight, I want everyone in full body armor. Lily you'll be next to me as we each have ways of keeping bullets off of us. I want most of our wolves positioned around and behind our humvees in a fan formation so we can concentrate fire if needed."

Lily kissed his cheek and nodded. "Yes we both do so long as we aren't caught by surprise. Astrid and our Hellhound contingent will be riding with us while Fenrir and Alunra are back with the other part of the contingent and the remainder of our wolves and yours Maria that we leave behind to protect ourselves here against any retribution."

Maria patted Emanuel's leg and grinned grimly. "Emanuel and Ramon and a contingent of our top Beta's are coming in right behind yours and then the rest follow suit. It's the best we can do without this being a full scale military operation that could be picked up by the humans. We'd need air support and assault vehicles to dramatically change anything more. Your past operations always had the element of not just surprise, but in most ways the targets were always exposed as well. Trusting on their anonymity and their ability to blend in as well as their own reputation. This isn't going to be anything like that."

Dante's expression was grim. "We know, and we are the exposed party this time. But I don't want to just take them out, I want to be able to crush them. To make a point and put one of the biggest nails in their coffin yet. Thanks to our much more significant resources that we now have, I'm going to be stacking the deck in our favor and upping the game. Viktor and his ilk have so far used money and drugs, corporations and other Packs, political corruption with humans, and heavy weapons all added to the equation. We're bringing in high explosives. A number of pre-prepared shaped charge explosives for breaching and leveling, but also vast amounts of RPG's and grenades. This isn't going to be a fair fight and that's before Lily and I step onto the field."

For some in the room their eyes widened considerably, but Dante and Lily and their wolves knew this going in. It was Maria and her mates and their wolves who were impressed and surprised. Maria straightened up and leaned forward.

"What about exposure after the fact. We both know it's remote enough that there won't be any initial reaction from the humans, but eventually they will come around."

Dante and Lily looked at each other before Lily took up the response. "The explosions and the heat as well as gore will take care of any critical DNA evidence but with us we are unknown to the humans and to them no motive for the crime. We are also shortly going to be back in Germany after a stop-over in New York. Any ties that could be found we also only tie back to who we want in Viktor if there is any incriminating evidence is left behind. On our return it will be in the early morning hours and into your neighborhood and other parts surrounding Little Havana. We will be able to disappear just as you designed Maria. We have to be seen and keep up appearances tomorrow to not tip anyone off, but tomorrow night it will be time, and we'll be ready."

Everyone nodded and mentally started to gear up for a completely different type of war tomorrow night.

***

It was late in the evening and Lily and the Little Royals along with the rest of the contingent save for Dante and Astrid and Alpha Maria. They were in a lounge on another level sipping on some fine aged rum while Alpha Maria opened up a fine Elie Blu humidor on the low table.

"You can't be a true resident here and not love a fine cigar. Little Havana is packed with cigar factories and boutiques here and it's part of the culture. It's nice to find someone who appreciates it as much as we do."

Dante smiled as he looked in and pulled out a Don Pepin Garcia 10th Anniversary, made blocks away in the My Father Cigars factory. Maria brought up her own Cohiba Behike 54 from further south of the city. For someone who loved these little pleasures it was heaven. The rich oily feel of the tobacco under his fingers, the refined and delicate flavor of the tobacco and the slight tingle on your lips and tongue and the flavors as it slowly burns down was something they could savor and appreciate. Dante blew out a great cloud of rich white smoke.

"I share that love Maria, it's a rare treat with how busy I am that I get to indulge. I've been fortunate that many of my friends and close family enjoy them as well and we can indulge in occasions like this. Soon enough Lily and I may be on the other side of the world right on the front lines in Russia, and I just can't see having many opportunities during that where I can relax like this. So thank you, very much."

Maria leaned into her recliner and blew a heavy cloud from her nose enjoying the richness and the tang of the Cuban leaf. "I can never quite find what I'm looking for in these unless they've been set down for at least four years. But when I do, it's my absolute favorite. We're about to be in a fight for our very lives, it's good to enjoy what you can while you can. Tonight let's just relax a little while."

Astrid standing behind Dante still on duty smiled at the two, glad they could take a moment like this and put the problems of a troubled world aside and slow down. "My Lord, Alpha Maria has a point and you should. Take advantage of it."

Dante relaxed and closed his eyes letting the burn of the aged rum and sweetness of it encompass him with the rich and spicy smoke of the cigar as soothing music softly played in the background. He let his thoughts drift as he felt his mate and children in comfort and safety, sleeping peacefully fill him. He let go and felt at peace for a while. It was a nice way to lead into the night.

****

The next morning Dante and Lily found themselves with their Hellhounds and Pack at a massive breakfast for the rest of the compound. After which they made their way with a contingent and Alpha Maria and Senor Alpha Emanuel with their own contingent into Little Havana. They visited many places and tried delicious food and drink at nearly every stop, but Maria surprised Dante in the early afternoon with a stop of his own at the My Father Cigar factory where he placed a rather hefty order to be shipped to Germany quickly.

Late afternoon found them back at the compound preparing for their assault. It was quite a sight seeing over 200 heavily armed and armored lycans ready to head into hell.

***

Dante and Lily along with Astrid and Freydis and four of their Hellhounds were in front racing along the dirt single lane road leading their massive convoy towards the facility. Everyone's expression was grim and Lily was holding Dante's hand and talking with him through the bond.

Don't be a hero here tonight love. We both have to make it through but we can't protect every wolf with us tonight. Everyone is outfitted and ready, pick your objectives and stick to them like I will be doing and we will get through this intact, ok Dante?

Dante glanced at Lily and nodded. Yes my love, I agree and I will make sure you are untouched and I know you and our Hellhounds and Pack have my back. We are going to be communicating via the bond at times, and others using our radios. Best to be prepared and ready for anything.

The convoy was nearly on top of the facility and Dante could see a single bright spotlight illuminating the front of the docking bay entrance. That wasn't what was bothering him. Inside of the spotlight stood Viktor himself but there was enough light to see by to see hundreds of enemies with assault rifles staged around the docking bay and Viktor himself.

Instructions flew through the convoy radios as Dante and Lily slowly drove in and the convoy followed and fanned out taking up their positions. Their humvees lights were illuminating the ground in front of the spotlight the Viktor was in. Freydis and Astrid and ten of their Hellhounds were fanned out behind and beside Dante and Lily as everyone else formed up. They didn't want to tip their hand just yet and left the RPG's and grenades in East reach but out of initial sight. Dante gave Lily's hand a strong squeeze then let go and walked forward a few paces closer to Viktor who was acting like he had all the time in the world. Dante was only about twenty feet in front of his position with Lily and their Hellhounds behind them, and about fifty feet from Viktor. Viktor finally deigned to speak.

"Ah Dante, yes it's finally good to meet you. Granted this will be a short meeting, but you've angered me enough and been a big enough pain in my ass that I felt I needed to speak to you briefly tonight before I kill you and all of the fodder you brought along with you. Mark my words, you will die here tonight and that as they say is that."

Dante knew he was exposed but so far so was Viktor. He didn't expect that to last however and he was preparing for the first wave. Dante was slowly building up the energy that coursed through his veins pulling it into himself and readying it to unleash it at a moments notice. If Viktor wanted to talk and give him and his team time to prepare then so be it. He'd let him run his mouth until it was time. Viktor continued on.

"You have no idea the humiliation you caused me and the damage to my empire and operations! You knew I was coming for you and yet still you came. I'm going to fucking KILL you're sad sorry ass, and I'm going to rape and murder that bitch of a whore you call your mate before I defile and sacrifice your child-... GHAAAAK!!"

No one was more surprised than Viktor himself when a demonic black hand and claws were sticking through his chest holding what was left of his beating heart! A twisted mask appeared over Viktor's shoulder grinning maniacally, Dmitri's hissing sibilant voice echoed out over the coming battlefield.

"Viktor you always did have a flair for the dramatic, but this was getting tedious..."

The demonic Dmitri pulled his hand back through Viktor's chest as his human features flickered and wavered in the spotlight shifting forms and giving way to the monster he had become. Demitri seemed to grow before everyone's eyes into the 7' twisted demon he had become. His eyes glowed with an otherworldly red as his face twisted and his skin turned into a burned and twisted red and black that was darker than pitch. His jaw unhinged unnaturally as Viktor's heart was swallowed while with blood dripping off of Dmitri's chin and with a sickening gulp was gone.

"My Master was tired of his failures and has a low tolerance for shortcomings. You know who I speak of Champion, even if not everyone else here does. I'm sure you'll meet Him soon enough. How about I introduce..."

The power that Dante had been pulling into himself reached critical mass and Dante could no longer hold it in or hide it.

"DOWN!!"

Just as every wolf save for Lily and Astrid and Freydis hit the ground, Dante in an instant entered his War God state and swept his arms wide. A massive rolling and coiling bolt of lightening swept out in an arc overcoming the forces in front of him. Even as some of Dmitri's forces tried to engage Dante and his assault force the lightening wave was already upon them arcing into every point of metal it could find and electrocuting everyone it came upon and melting whatever it touched. The demonic Dmitri brought his arms together as an inky black sphere appeared around him and seemed to absorb Dante's power.

Dante vaulted back and went spinning away back to Lily and his unit. Lily was already up and ready as she screamed out to engage as both forces started to pour death at each other. Dante quickly thought to Lily via the bond.

RPG's and grenades NOW! Keep the pressure up and make sure you are shielded!

Innumerable rockets went streaking into their enemy. Some were dead already from Dante's opening storm while others were shocked or injured and they wanted no time for them to react as a cohesive unit. The more pressure they could put on them the higher chances of survival for their men and women around them.

The opening rounds of explosions were epic and quickly put down the majority of the forces arrayed before them, but not all. Astrid and Freydis were pouring rounds to a retreating Dmitri as well as firing off their under slung grenade launchers on their target but nothing seemed to touch Dmitri! A shout rang out from Dante as they increased the pressure!

"FORWARD!! Keep up the pressure and put them down!"

This was an extermination and while Dante could feel through the bond that several of his Pack were injured, so far there were no deaths and he wanted to cut off the head and wrap up this initial engagement as quickly as possible. Dante went streaking after Dmitri with Lily right beside him cocooned within her emerald shield as occasionally bullets would go glancing by and ricochet off of it. The lightening and power from Dante's War God state kept him from being perforated himself.

Dmitri was retreating into the fold of his forces making his way towards one of the entrances deeper into the docks. The lycans around him were very rapidly dying and dropping like flies though. Between the hail of gunfire, the occasional explosion of an RPG or grenades were steadily overwhelming them rapidly, but not fast enough to get to the demonic Dmitri who slipped inside of the facility.

Dante and Lily with their Hellhounds flowed into the last major pocket of resistance outside of the facility and within 30 seconds had finished cutting down the opposition. A brief eerie silence overcame the Everglades. Dante checked in through the bond with his Pack and via radio with Alpha Maria and her wolves.

Dante in his no nonsense combat voice called out, "Set charges and get ready to blow to doors! Half our forces with me and the other half to setup here with Alpha Maria. Alpha Maria, take lead out here, prepare for any further resistance and patrol the perimeter looking for any escaping rats! Lily and Hellhounds on me, we are breaching."