The Silver Guardian Bk. 02 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lily gracefully stood up her pride and love for Luna beaming in her eyes. With a twist of her hands and a flick of some of her fingers the energy forge dissipated out of existence and left the crown in its place. Flat bars wove and linked together forming the crown made of the same mysterious silver metal creating a beautiful and delicate pattern that was as unique as it was beautiful. Large and small emeralds adored the entire crown and like Dante's crown had large wolf canines in this mystery metal woven into the bands and sticking up along the circumference with a few pointing down as well. In the center matching Dante's were emerald twin crescent moons and on the temples two delicate wings arching up and out. The crown moved onto Lily's head and once again Luna cut her finger and pressed it to Lily's crown on the front. This time in a flash of emerald light the crown molded itself to Lily's head and the emeralds glowed a deep green radiance shining from the very depths of all the jewels with the silver giving off wisps of silver moonlight to swirl and dance in the air.

"I crown you the Emerald Queen! Long may be your rule through the ages, leading and guiding with strength and wisdom and compassion!"

With that proclamation a cheering and clear keening erupt d from Luna's children in the clearing echoing out over the night air. Luna pulled Dante and Lily close in her divine embrace and spoke to them in a whisper.

"The crowns on your head are special and they are a part of you now, of your very essence and identity. They will respond to your will and changel. Silver is still deadly to my children, but this comes from my own domain and is moon-silver. Once upon a time the dwarves called it mythril and it holds the very essence of the Moon and my domain and magic. It can do wonderful things, things you must learn and find out in time as you both grow and evolve. They are part of my love and my grace for my two most beloved children and they will serve you well in ways you cannot yet know. It is time for you to go home, my Champion. Once there you and Lily will find a chest at the foot of your bed. Open it in private with just you and Lily and your children there and begin your journey. Then you can bring your Hellhounds in on it and eventually your Pack and the rest of my children in the world. Those children still loyal to me will be seeking you out to lead them now. Others are friends and will assist you on your path. Lead and charge forward and prepare. There is much you must both now do. Now go..."

With that Luna placed two gentle kisses upon the brow of Lily and Dante and faded from existence as the beam of moonlight dissipated.

***

The next three days were crazy and spent at a breakneck pace, there was suddenly so much more to do and so many plans in motion. Packs all over North America were reaching out left and right to not only Lily and Dante, but also Odin and Victoria and other Alphas and Packs in the Guardian's Council. No lycan who still followed their Mistress could or would ignore this new direction. Nearly overnight the North American Guardian's Council became the governing body of the wolves in that region of the world. The few left who did not heed the call were the remnants that Luna spoke of and directed Odin and Victoria to take the lead on. The new Council meeting the next day was an eye opening experience and currently became the new virtual replacement for the Alpha Council of old. The new Council would have to grow and evolve as well with all of the new changes, but the lycans were inspired and fortified by their Goddess and knew in their hearts that all would be ok. An anticipation of this new direction was evident to all and an air of tolerance and acceptance was pervasive. All of Luna's children were coming together and uniting. Not just with themselves but also with the rest of the wider world and supernatural community that they were ready to step into. Though none yet knew what that would look like or even what was all out there. Dante and Lily both knew they would find out more when they were home at the Castle. But with a new quest directly from Luna both Dante and Lily as well as the rest of Luna's children the world over had new goals and new drives and new determination to see it done. It was a titanic shift in just a few days and getting everything started and moving in North America took them at a breakneck pace.

Dante and Lily did get a new small surprise that first night after returning to the Little Havana Compound when they went to take a shower after the long night of blood and action. How in the hell were they going to take a shower now while wearing a new crown that was somehow part of them? Just as Luna had said though they responded to their wearer's will and as Lily reached up to touch it it popped out of existence for a few seconds before popping back in with Lily's jump and surprise when it happened. They quickly found out that if they concentrated on it, the crowns could disappear for a time until they relaxed their concentration and they would return. This would eventually lead them both to hours of practice and experimentation, but for now it let them shower as normal.

By the end of the second day they were back at the O'Connor Pack and with their parents and brother. There was a call for an all member Council meeting for that day and started shortly after they arrived and went late into the night. There, the base of rule was generally established. No one expected to form a government overnight but the basis for it was hashed out and discussed. Dante and Lily and their family's house would form a constitutional monarchy over the lycan race with parliamentary parties representing regions of the world would report to them. For now it was the North American Guardian's Council represented by four Packs across the States, with the O'Connor Pack leading the North American region. A ruling body of five Packs with Odin and Victoria's leading it and representing the lycans of North America. They would eventually draft a constitution as well keeping closely to the ideas and ideals that their own Goddess commanded of them in joining and standing for the world and the humans and the rest of the supernatural community.

Tolerance and acceptance among the greater whole would be a must and it was likely the human part of this grand equation would be the challenge on that view. True there were many out there among the billions who behaved and believed that way already, but there were also plenty that did not. History had proven that to not only Lycans, but each and every denizen hidden in the world knew and had seen over millennia the darkness as well as the light that was in humanity. But for now this was a human world and due to their sheer population were the current masters of this world. They would not let go easily to find a new balance. It would be only at the tip of a spear with carefully controlled strength and violence for some needed examples that humans would accept a permanent change in the status quo. War was not the goal or the answer, respect was and understanding. Dante and Lily and the rest of the supernatural community would need to show humanity that they were as mighty and strong if not stronger than humanity and deserved their place on the world stage. They would no longer stay in the shadows and this was their world just as much as it was humanity's and they would not be exterminated, or subjugated, and they would protect their own and stand strong and unyielding. Conflict would solve nothing and destroy everything. They all needed to work together to create a grander whole and a new world with new possibilities and technologies for everyone. It would take unbelievable might and power and vision to make this a reality but Dante and Lily were Champions and God-touched as was their family. Blessed by the Moon and the Goddess herself and charged with this new world order sometime in the near future. It was their duty and their responsibility and there could be no failure afforded. Not with what they would all be faced with from the Dark God Morgoth in time. Even if at first only to survive, humans would join the effort stave off extermination and enslavement.

By the end of the Council meeting they had much decided and an immediate plan in motion. Thanks to their very own Goddess Luna forcibly uniting them they now had a tremendous and dedicated workforce in all lycans. The immediate problem was they had never before been united and were spread out over all corners and surfaces of the earth. There had never been a ruling body and they were always fractured and hidden and divided. But they had a great base to start with in North America and could begin there. The call was being sent out to all wolves represented at that Council for every lycan to contact each other throughout the world and the spread the message to each one they knew for how to contact the NAGC (North American Guardian's Council) for contact and registry. A worldwide network of contact was being created so that new Council's will form and their kind could be united on a global scale. The only exception was Morgoth's known influence of Russia and the corruption of that titanic superpower. But first Dante and Lily had to gather their allies and start their journey to the future and being a world power.

Initial groups were formed by the dozens inside of that meeting as needs were identified and problems arose. A large portion of resources would be tied up by the creation and expansion of their local and global networking and communication and registry. That would be a tremendous challenge Dante and Lily knew but it was absolutely necessary and critical to their goals. Another vast pool of resources went into another group based solely on economy, in what would grow to become their treasury and economic system. This would be tremendously difficult but for now would have to be based in the human global economy. Their advantage and the answer was they were already doing so. But the question of how would you hide in plain sight, a nation's and species' assets without calling out that you weren't strictly human? The answer was surprisingly simple, giant corporations were basically doing it already and that is to form a corporation and giant conglomerate that was global. Silver King Trinity was born and would quickly grow to encompass the lycan race. The intricacies and details of this were still growing and would be for some time. It would take all of their legal minds and economists and business experts to make this work, but again they had a leg up and an advantage. Everything was already in place in many ways as most lycans around the world had been integrated in their local population. They all had businesses and land, they all had money and properties and all of these were assets. Everything was being handed over and out towards this vision.

Never before had their Goddess ever appeared to the mass of lycans around the world, let alone spoken and decreed anything. So when she told them to hop to, get in line and follow my Champion, they did so. There was no question and there was no dissension. They were special, they were children of the Moon born from Luna's very essence and love just for Her. When she spoke each and every wolf listened and did as they were told.

That said Dante and Lily weren't just taking everything from everyone and stripping them, no. Resources of all kinds would be divided out to all in order to strengthen and grow all. It would be a grand shift and restructuring on a global scale and be noticed and impacted upon all. The trick would be doing it quickly enough but quietly enough that by the time it's noticed it's too late to stop. To Dante and Lily and to the Council, money was just a means to an end. It was an asset to strengthen their race and achieve Luna's decree. It was a vision that Dante and Lily and those around them were beginning to build and shape and would endlessly continue to do so as time passed. With that in mind both Dante and Lily and the NAGC would be throwing large amounts of money at all of these challenges and opportunities to accomplish what was needed and it would grow organically, every new contact and call that brought in a new wolf or Pack strengthened the whole and grew stronger and would evolve by joining them. It could grow as quickly or as slowly as needed thanks all to Luna's decree and change. Deciding not to stay removed and apart but to actively guide and be involved with her children's lives.

There was a ripple that would quickly grow and become a tsunami when they were ready to step onto the world stage. And this is why they had been running at a breakneck pace where at the end of day three they had spent traveling and getting everything set up from everything that was started. It seemed that right now time was always against them.

***

The lights were dimmed and a low constant rumble was felt in their seats as Dante and Lily were flying across the Atlantic on their way home on the fourth day. They were only midway over the Atlantic and still had hours left of their flight and it was 3:00am. Lily was curled up with Dante holding Fenrir to her chest with Dante holding Lily and Alunra in his arms protectively. Enjoying the quiet moment while they had some time to slow down. They were talking through the bond to be private and Dante was soaking it all in.

So much has changed so fast Lily my love. It's almost too much to take in. I thought everything changed when I became a lycan, or rather when I found out I was one.

Lily smiled at her mate lovingly. I know love, and it's true for you and for me in my way too when everything changed that day you saved my life. Then again everything changed when we learned who you really were and the prophecy. Then when you became Luna's Champion and I your Great Love and the leaders of our own Pack everything changed. But I agree this is totally different. We are now leaders of a hidden nation. One that grows by the minute right now. Silver King Trinity was genius and will serve its use as a multipurpose sword and shield for us. We have already grown powerful, not only individually but also as a people now. But things will only grow from here. We have to balance not only being the leaders of our vision for Luna, but growing ourselves at the same time as being parents. This is going to be the new 'normal' for right now. Take the time when we can to breath and rest, like now.

Dante leaned down with both Alunra and Fenrir quietly protesting the movement and kissed Lily softly but passionately.

You're absolutely right love. I'm glad we can rest for a while and I'm glad we can still talk and be together like this. Though I have to bring up we haven't spoken about our Goddess' not so little kiss to each of us.

Lily blushed at that and smiled coyly. Yes that was very unexpected to say the least. And I know I shouldn't be jealous of a Goddess but when she kissed you that definitely was hard to keep in mind. But then again I got my own kiss and I felt the same little flair of jealousy from you so we both understand that at least. Though it was quite hot I have to say, though I'd never mention that aloud! There's be no end to the line of hussies lined up for miles to kiss you if I somehow made it seem that anything but Divine right made that ok.

Dante let out a little growl in his throat. Yeah I agree because I'd have to bitch slap the entire male species if I made it seem the same for you. Let's just keep that private for now. That said I haven't gotten used to this new magic I'd guess I'd call it, though that still sounds a little strange to just come out and say but it's easier to adjust to than some things lately.

Lily snuggled into Dante a bit more as did Fenrir. Yes I agree. I'm not used to it either and I feel it twisting and writhing at times like I don't know what to do with it. Though that's fair, I really don't know what to do with it just yet haha. We should at least get some hints once we are back home. Just another step on this epic adventure that our life has become. But I know we can do it baby, I believe in us and I know you do too and so do so many others, including the Goddess herself.

And with that Lily dropped off to sleep and Dante closed his eyes and followed her.

***

Dante and Lily walked into their bedroom with Bryn and Astrid following them holding the Little Royals to see a large mythril and odd wood chest at the foot of their bed. The wood was a dark color with a large swirling grain on it and had a golden sheen to it. Both Bryn and Astrid were wide eyed and open mouthed. It was beautiful but also something clearly special and unique. They glanced at Dante and Lily and closed their mouths and quickly out the little ones in their bassinet. They knew already from Dante and Lily warning them that this part was for their eyes alone and Astrid and Bryn couldn't be here for this. Dante and Lily would share what they could when they could, but for now it was time to leave.

The door sealed shut behind them and Dante and Lily turned towards the chest. Dante smiled at Lily. "Well let's see what our Goddess has in store for us. Should be interesting at the least."

Dante opened the chest but inside was just this gaping black hole where the inside of the chest was, like a shadow covered the entire inside. Glancing at Lily Dante stuck his hand into it and felt something and held on and pulled his hand back. It was a letter with their names on the front in flowing silver script. Lily quickly opened it as they unfolded it and opened it up.

My Beloved Champion and Great Love,

Here is your first new taste of magic, it is inter-dimensional spaces. This chest is a gift from me to help start your journey. Inside of the chest is another dimension that will store and preserve whatever you put into it. Just like those bags of holdings in games those humans play, but much more powerful and diverse. It does in fact have limits and rules but those you will have to find out on your own. It is part of your education and your evolution. For now you can start small and start here. If you need to move it or take it with you then you simply will it out of existence and recall it when you're ready. It is tied to each of your own core essence. That which encompasses your life force, your soul, your magic, your very being. That is what essence is and your own magic is a part of it. The chest can never be taken from you because it is tied to you, much like your new crowns. Learn and grow. With it and it will serve you well. Just put your hand in, think of what you're wanting and pull your hand back and you'll have it. Included in here currently are a few more gifts I have for you, I gave you a true task and vision and I can't start you out with nothing to start with which to achieve it in.

First is a map of all the lands and worlds and realms. It can take many forms and many shapes but will guide you to whatever you need to find and wherever you need to go. People and beings you must seek out and find, it's a new world for you my children. Some of them hide like us in plain sight, others hide with their own magic, and others still are found only at special and certain intersection points that you can now travel to. It will be essential, especially here at the beginning with all you must do.

The next is a way to travel. And for that you will have a very special personal tent. Like the chest it is also going to be a lesson in extra dimensional spaces. Inside is your home away from home complete with unseen servants. You will learn more in time as you use it. It will hold you and your family and up to ten others. This will allow you to travel and stay safe even off the beaten path.

Lastly for now are your grimoires. Lycans are already magical beings and you two more so than most with your innate abilities and powers. But now that I've opened up this new world to you and my children you will experiment and train and learn new magics that you will record and learn in your grimoires.