The Spoils of War Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literoticaยฎ experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unfortunately for Celine, she was the smallest of the three, so she landed further away than the others. She ended up falling into a ravine before rolling all the way to the bottom.

When she realized where she was, she quickly tried to get up so she could climb out of the ravine. However, her foot became stuck underneath a large log that had fallen into the ravine with her.

Private Violet continued to struggle, but only grew more frustrated once she couldn't get her leg free from the pile. Feeling helpless, she slammed her fists against the ground as she cried out for help.

"Somebody help me!" she screamed, noticing the fire drawing closer to her. "I'm still stuck in here! It's me, Private Violet!"

Tears of frustration started to build in her eyes as she realized there was no escaping. The fire was slowly growing closer to her. She knew that it would only be a matter of seconds before she became engulfed.

This is my biggest fear! she thought as her body slowly started to give up. I came back for them. Why aren't they coming for me?!

We barely even made it into the forest. How is it ending so quickly? I'm going to die because my nation sent out a group of unprepared soldiers to a land we had no business in. There is absolutely no honor in my death! All I can do now is accept it!

It's happening... My nightmare is happening... and there's nothing I can do about it... My life was just a waste... just as I feared...

Suddenly, there was a sign of hope. Celine could hear the rustling of leaves getting closer to her. Then, as she looked up with big eyes, she noticed a figure approaching through the smoke.

Someone came back for me... Someone heard my cries for help and came back for me!

The closer the unknown person got, the more hopeful Celine became. Whoever it is... she knows I'm here... but who would step through the fire so confidently? Who has come to my rescue?

I was wrong about the people I came out here with. Though most of them are cowards, there is one strong person out here. Whoever this is that came to save me... is a true warrior...

As soon as those thoughts crossed Celine's mind, Reyna appeared from the smoke and stood right before her. As she looked up, she could see how fierce the Yeveland soldier was, while sparks of fire flew behind her.

The Ishla soldier was wide-eyed, staring into the cold eyes of the rival soldier. But as their eyes connected for the first time, Celine's cheeks suddenly became red.

She's... incredible...

To be continued...