The Summer of '66 - Troubles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You can tell us what happened. We've heard Barbara Ann's version a couple of times; it's pretty heavily slanted your way, though. We're not sure how her testimony will hold up, given your relationship," Sean stated.

"Let's leave it at her version, which I'm sure is accurate enough, since she was in the middle of it all. As to witnesses, after the fight I asked the 'head of security' at the Dunes, Darrell, to get names and addresses of some of those who watched, and to be prepared to be deposed if Asshole, uh, Chad, filed against me. As soon as I got to Peggy's house the other day, I called and asked Darrell to call Mr. Jameson and give him the names and addresses, including those of the 'security detail'. I haven't talked to him since, but I assume he has received them.

I'll say this: I had been preparing for that day since he cut my legs out from under me from the blindside, and I did extract some revenge. I did not, however, 'start it' or throw the first blow. In fact, I was going to cut him some slack until he started talking trash about Barbara Ann.

I'm certain everyone will remember in their statements that I offered him multiple opportunities to turn tail; even after we went outside. Instead, he attacked me. What happened after that is on him, not me! A 'fifth degree black belt' should be able to defend himself against a simple roughneck, right?"

The last part was said with a shit-eating grin that bordered on arrogance; Sean cautioned, "You might want to lose that look and attitude on the stand. If I didn't know you, I'd think you tricked him into the butt kicking he got." That drew another laugh from everyone at the table, and a hug from the Princess.

"He's right, Caelan, if it gets that far. John called early to say he spent the weekend lining up your witnesses, and noticed the Smithwick's attorney that you will be available for deposition on Wednesday in Corpus. He asked that Chad be available for deposition at the same time.

Normally, that would take months, but Amelia called Chad's parents last night and advised them to get down here Wednesday with their son, or face the fury. They agreed, and told their attorney to agree. They will be bringing their son, of course, so you need to get a grip before then.

Oh, and don't worry about cost; someone is covering all the expenses."

Although they never fell, everyone at the table saw the moisture in his eyes as he thanked Peggy, Amelia, and Sean. His princess hugged him; he turned his head to her, kissed the top of her head, and laid his face on her hair.

Monday afternoon and Tuesday were busy for Caelan with preparations for the meeting, and in giving formal notice to his boss, who laughingly said he already knew, he had Caelan's replacement ready, and good luck! Barbara Ann was busy making arrangements for her transfer to UT and for new housing in Austin. Their nights were also busy, but they did manage to sleep at least six hours each night before their 'sun-upper'.

Wednesday morning Caelan drove his Woody to the courthouse after dropping Barbara Ann at Peggy's. He met with an ebullient and confident John Jameson. "They won't know what hit them! You won the case when you asked Darrell to collect contact information from the witnesses."

Mr. Smithwick had a quizzical look; Mrs. Smithwick had a worried look; and Chad had a cocky look when Caelan and his attorney entered the conference room. The looks of all three, and the appearance of their attorney, changed to 'Oh, shit!' when Peggy and the three McLaughlins made their entrance moments later.

After all the legal jargon was enunciated, Jameson announced the meeting was on the record and was being recorded. He turned to Chad and said, "Are you prepared to tell your story, on the record, young man?" His attorney nodded, and Chad lied his ass off.

"This was all a setup. This clown is mad because I knocked him out in a football game, and she is angry because I dumped her. I walked into the Dunes, they jumped me, and he and his friends drug me outside, where he beat me while they held me. He is a dangerous criminal and needs to be in prison!"

Caelan's smile grew as he listened to Chad lie on the record, telling lies that would be easily disproven. Barbara Ann, on the other hand, got more and more red faced, to the point her mom had to tell her to relax because she was scarring the furniture with her nails.

After his attorney offered into evidence three statements that supported Chad's version, Jameson offered the floor to Caelan. He leaned forward, looking directly at the parents, and stated firmly, "Now, let me tell you what REALLY happened!" When he finished about ten minutes later, having given details and names of witnesses, his attorney tossed twelve folders on the table and stated, "And here are a dozen impartial witnesses who support Mr. Kelly's version, as well as sworn statements from five of his friends who were present, including Miss McLaughlin.

How would you like to proceed, Mrs. and Mr. Smithwick? I must warn you, in the end, my client will be exonerated, your son will be found guilty, and he will serve time for the assault and for lying under oath in his sworn statement. I believe your attorney will concur with my prediction."

Their attorney intervened: "May I speak with my clients alone? We will go to the other conference room you reserved."

Caelan and his supporters talked while they were gone, mostly about what a jerk Chad is, and her parents apologized to Barbara Ann for setting her up with him a year ago.

"My client is willing to withdraw his complaint if Mr. Kelly will withdraw his," their attorney offered when the Smithwicks returned. "Not without a sincere apology from your client to both my client and Miss McLaughlin," Mr. Jameson replied. "The apology will detail his transgressions; it will be given orally today before we leave, and provided in writing within a week. IF those conditions are met, IF my clients are convinced of his sincerity, and also convinced that he has or is learning a lesson, my clients will withdraw his complaint. If any condition is not met, it will proceed, and I will ask for an expedited hearing from the same judge who allowed us to set this up. I can assure you he is anxious to bring this to an end, so it will go to trial soon...very soon."

Are we clear?"

"Before you answer, please let me have a say," Caelan interjected. "Your son believes he is above rules, above the law, above consequences of any kind. His arrogance transcends all bounds, and that is on you, his parents. It is my opinion that this is probably the last chance you will get to teach him a lasting lesson. If you don't, he will likely fu... mess with the wrong man, and that man will kill him. I know he is your only child, but if you want grandchildren, you need to take action right now!

Mr. Smithwick, you own construction companies; how much time has your son spent on the working end of a shovel? A hammer? Pushing a wheelbarrow? How about at the controls of a backhoe or front loader? Our agreement doesn't specify the kind of penance he will pay, but being a working man instead of a worthless playboy for a semester or two would indicate he is on the right path to me. Don't you agree, Miss McLaughlin?"

"I do! However, I would have preferred to add one more caveat to the agreement. That I get to slap his face once for every lie he has told about me since I TOLD HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE, including that we were 'going together'!"

"That might constitute a more serious assault than he accused Caelan of, given what we have learned about the statements he has made about you. That is why I left your request out of the agreement, Miss McLaughlin," Mr. Jameson stated with a smirk.

Chad's parents gave him el mal ojo, and he ducked his head. "Apparently, besmirching the reputation of a young woman from a good family is worse than trying end the career of a football player with a cheap shot, or assaulting a lowly roughneck," Caelan opined to his attorney, loudly enough to be heard across the table.

The Smithwicks left the courthouse with their tails tucked between their legs. Dad was berating Chad before they got to the parking lot, and Mom was wagging a finger in his face. Caelan and Barbara Ann watched arm in arm, smiling. "May life bring him what he deserves," Barbara Ann implored.

With that behind them, Amelia and Sean accompanied Peggy to her home, and took his car back to the island. Barbara Ann climbed in on the driver's side and sat as close as humanly possible to her beau. As they drove down the beach, she proved once again that she would swallow, and then suck you back to full staff so she can ride you into Never-Never Land...or perhaps Nirvana.

Caelan thought she was the most responsive girl he'd ever had before, but with the "I love you" on record, she took sex to a new level. Between Wednesday afternoon and Friday at noon, they tried every position in the Kuma Sutra, and a number the authors never thought of because they weren't working with a gymnast cheerleader with unlimited energy and flexibility. There were times when he thought her magnificent body was going to draw him fully inside her, and times when he just watched his little fuck bunny pleasure herself with his body.

Though he would never admit it, he was glad when she got hungry and wanted to go eat, when she wanted to sunbathe or surf; even when she had to go to the restroom. The bed was a disaster and the room smelled like an orgy when the phone rang at noon on Friday. His nympho was hungry and wanted to go eat a big burger with a shake so they would have energy for their 'afternooner' and 'sundowner' and whatever came in between, so they had actually showered and were getting dressed when the phone rang and Caelan answered.

"Hey, Brother, we're in town at Custards. We hear a lot has happened since we left a couple of weeks ago, and we are hoping to catch up with you and your sweetie. Are you available for a burger and custard? We have our table."

"Haha! That is incredible, Danny. We just got dressed to go to that very place! We will be there in fifteen or less. Hey, who is with you?" "The same crew: Paula, Judy, Kathy, Marcus, and Theo."

There was a slight hesitation, and then, "Sounds great! Why don't you order for us: two double meats with cheese, fries, and two large shakes; one vanilla, the other chocolate.

Barbara Ann -- have you gotten your sexy little body covered with clothes yet? We're meeting friends for lunch and they are already there." She appeared beside him in very short shorts and a halter-top, "I'm ready, Big Boy -- are you?" she teased.

"We'll be there in ten, Danny." He untangled her from his body and looked her up and down. "Your friends are going to be shocked by your appearance young lady; what became of the conservative dress and the pale skin of only a few weeks ago?"

The sun had done more than tan her; it had also accentuated the chain of freckles across her small nose and cheeks. She was wearing very little makeup, and had morphed into the girl next door; a very, very sexy girl next door, but still, fresh and wholesome in appearance. Caelan kissed her on her freckled nose and said "Let's go before you get excited and accost me again!" She giggled, wrapped her arms around him, and, in a little girl voice, demanded, "Carry me!" He scooped her up in his arms, and took her down the stairs to the Woody.

"You said 'my friends' are meeting us for lunch; who do you mean? Not Paula and Judy?" "Paula and Judy, plus Danny and Marcus, and another couple." "Oh, I'm so excited! I didn't expect to see them again until I went to get my things in Dallas!" She snuggled against him, took a deep breath, and asked "How do you always smell so good?" He laughed, "Your pheromones like my pheromones?"

They parked on the far side; she hopped out and exclaimed, "Go order for us! I'm starving, but I want to see my friends!" Caelan chuckled, "Already done, so we can both go see our friends."

She hurried around the building; Paula saw her first; she jumped up, screamed "Barbara Ann!" and ran to hug her. Judy enveloped both of them in her arms, kisses were exchanged, and they directed her back to the table so they could hug and kiss 'Adonis', who had just turned the corner.

Caelan watched Barbara Ann break stride and stumble when she saw Kathy and Theo standing behind Danny and Marcus, who were now exchanging hugs with her while the girls escorted Caelan. Kathy's greeting was much more subdued than normal, and Theo restricted himself to "Hello, Barbara Ann" and a brief, distant hug. Judy looked up and asked Caelan quietly, "Something we should know about those three? That was awkward."

He merely broke away, gave Kathy a big hug that lifted her off the ground, and then kissed her cheek near her mouth. He set her down, turned to Theo, took his offered hand, and pulled him in for a 'bro' hug. He turned to Danny and Marcus and they exchanged hugs, before everyone took a seat on the bench. Caelan laughed when he saw his Princess had taken the seat on the opposite end from Theo, and was looking anywhere but at him.

Caelan told her to move over so he could sit on the end, and took his seat. The four were looking from Barbara Ann to Theo and Kathy quizzically; Kathy was stone faced, and Theo was mimicking Barbara Ann in observing the crowd, the sand, and anyone else but her.

"Some of you mentioned an awkwardness you hadn't seen before, so let's get that out of the way. Barbara Ann and Theo had a bit of a tete a tete while I was offshore and Kathy was working. It's over now, I assume, so we need to all move on. I told him to help her have fun during the rest of her vacation, and he did, for a day. She unexpectedly had to return to her parents in California the next day, and that's all there is to it. Nothing to be concerned about, right? Kathy, are you okay?" "As long as there are no more tete at tetes, yes, I am. Barbara Ann, are there going to be any more?" A very red-faced Princess looked up at Kathy and firmly answered, "No, I promise."

"Now that that's out of the way, how about you three have a group hug? After that, we can eat, go shopping, buy some food and beer, head for the shack, and enjoy the great company!" Kathy stood first, Barbara Ann next, and then Theo; they met in the middle, where Barbara Ann hugged Kathy tightly and whispered, "I'm sorry. We were drunk and emotional about you and Caelan being gone, and things got out of hand, and... I'm sorry!"

"Shush. Theo already told me everything, after I took his balls in my hand and squeezed. Just make sure it doesn't happen again, or I'll make Caelan a very happy man!" She giggled, and passed Barbara Ann to Theo, who wrapped her in his arms and apologized for his actions. She apologized in return, and they parted just as their order number was called.

After a long lunch, dessert, and a fulfilling conversation, they decided they were too full to shop and departed for the beach. The guys filled two coolers with ice, sodas, and beer, and opened long neck Lone Stars to toast the weekend fun ahead. They were standing at the base of the stairs with ice chests and lounge chairs when the girls came down in a gaggle, and they were unanimously stunned.

"Do we pass inspection?" Judy asked with a smirk. "Damn! I hope we don't get arrested for public nudity!" Danny exclaimed. "Did they make those bikinis out of dental floss and lace?" The girls laughed, sashayed past them, and Paula ordered, "Bring our stuff; we need sun and salt water!"

The men fell in behind them, carrying their heavy loads with open mouths. The girls surged ahead, giggling and wiggling, side-by-side, knowing their mostly exposed little asses, shapely legs, and curvy bodies were being ogled by their beasts of burden.

"Now THAT is a deluxe smorgasbord, boys!" Marcus opined. "A veritable buffet of pulchritude, offering two shades of blondes, a redhead, and a stacked brunette! Each offers something delightful, but different. We have a tall, athletic Elke Sommer, a 5'11" Lisa Jak, an Ann-Margaret look alike, and Raquel Welch! This is a carnal delight for a voyeur like me, and the rest of you! Admit it!"

With a crooked grin, Danny asked, "Speaking of Raquel Welch; Caelan, what the hell did you do with the sweet, innocent, conservatively-dressed young lady who was with Paula and Judy when we met them? I thought ya'll had something going, but when we come back a scant three weeks later you're with a tan, scantily dressed, brick shithouse sexpot!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Danny. I left for two weeks of work, and that young lady stayed here with Theo. You should ask him what became of her." Theo looked uncomfortable, but answered, "Don't look at me! She bailed on me to go see mommy and daddy! I don't know what became of her either. She resembled this sexy little beach bunny, but this one is all strut and attitude, and she looks like she could fuck you silly!"

"She's not the only fuck bunny on the beach today; I'd like to lay all four of them side by side and give each a lick to find out their flavors. Do you think hair color has anything to do with taste?" Marcus posed.

The gaggle of girls pointed at the spot they wanted things set up, and then raced for the water. Not a hair got wet but their 'bathing suits' did, which made them translucent. They were standing in waist deep water, spooning water on their upper bodies with their hands, and giggling at the effect on their bikini tops. "I can see your nipples!" Barbara Ann said to Judy, who replied, "I can see YOUR hard little nipples and your aureoles, slut! I can't believe you bought us these suits! I feel like a tramp!"

"We look like exactly what the boys want -- sexy beach bunny exhibitionists! I'm sure if Playboy came along, we could each get a page because we are HOT CHICKS!" Barbara Ann stated confidently. "And, to be honest, when they look at me like they were on the way down here, I get HOT between my legs!" "Yes, I had to get my bottoms wet because they already were - with my own juices!" Kathy agreed.

They dashed back up to the camp their guys had built with loungers, chairs, and cooler kits. They each grabbed a beer, and laid back on the loungers. "Suntan lotion?" Marc asked hopefully. "Not yet, Honey; we want to get a half hour of sun first," Paula responded with a grin and a wink. "Why don't you boys go play in the surf or something for a while?"

Caelan pulled a football out of a bag he brought down, and they played a rough game of two-hand touch, using the camp and the water as boundaries. Judy pulled the back of her lounger up to watch. "They are all so big, athletic, and gorgeous; just watching them run around makes me wet!" "No joke!" Paula agreed. "It's like a beefcake buffet; dark, handsome Marc, big, burly Danny, the Greek God Theodore, and, of course, Adonis. Speaking of, doesn't that make you Aphrodite, Barbara Ann? The goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, passion and procreation, or something like that."

"Well, I don't know about being the goddess of all those things, but without Enovid I would be well along in procreation! Adonis may have been a mortal, but the two goddesses fought over him for a reason! My parents kept reminding me when I went home in tears that I had, only recently, told them I didn't understand the big deal about sex, and then all I could talk about was how wonderful it was with Caelan."

"You DO NOT talk to your parents about sex!" Paula asked, aghast. "I actually don't, very often, but I was so distraught I couldn't keep my mouth shut between crying jags. I told them everything, more than once!"

"And why were you so distraught? What had you done that was so terrible?" Kathy asked with a certain tone. "I was so distraught because Caelan was gone, and he GAVE me away before he left!" She looked Kathy straight in the eyes, and finished. "Yes, the friend was Theo, as you know, and yes, we did things we shouldn't have while we were drunk and emotional because you two were gone. But he... he did not fuck me! And we will NEVER do anything like that again, I promise!"