The Summer of '78 Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The booming voice returned, "All you folks in attendance now know the secret of his success; he totally charmed my wife and daughter! I had no choice but to go along!" He emitted a hearty laugh, and then turned serious.

"Actually, it was far more than his charm. He presented proposals that made sense and were fair to my country, and he negotiated on our behalf with the companies chaired by Mr. Allen and Mr. Williams, and negotiated on their behalf with me and our government. Sometimes such agreements are zero sum, with someone losing and someone winning; this time, however, I'm certain this agreement will benefit all of us, so it is a win-win-win agreement!

Could someone else have gotten us to this point? Perhaps, but I think not. Mr. Kelly has a uniquely voracious intellect and tenacious attitude, and that rare combination was needed to make this happen. And, so, on behalf of my country, my wife, and myself, I congratulate you on your new position, Caelan Kelly, and assure you we look forward to working with you and those in the partnership to make the great promise of our agreement a reality. Vaya con Dio, Amigo! Hasta luego!"

"Thank you, Minister Sanchez and Mrs. Sanchez. I look forward to seeing you again, and to making our vision a reality. Hasta luego, mis amigos, y vayan con Dios!"

Ymelda chirped, "Goodbye Caelan!" and the call ended. He looked around and grinned at the number of friends and valued employees he knew.

"Well, while I'm up here, let me say a few words. Most of you know me as shy and retiring...(pause for laughter), but tonight I have many thanks to give. First, to the best bosses in the world, Mr. Winfred Williams and Daniel Durst -- thank you for this remarkable evening... and for springing for the prime rib instead of rubber chicken! I think I speak for everyone here when I say that!"

After another short pause for the laughter, Caelan spoke at length of the delicate nature of the negotiation, of how the two CEOs had worked closely with him, including providing him critical information in a timely manner that was convincing to Minister Sanchez and the other government officials. He spoke of the boards, chaired by Bob Allen and Winfred Williams, being willing to give a little to move the process forward, with the goal of everyone getting their fair share, and how it would have all ended in frustration had they not.

He then thanked all three men for the support he received when his wife and friends were kidnapped, and declared the outcome would have been very different without their personal interventions in high places, and in making the "world's best security team" available.

"There are many more that deserve thanks, but none more than my wife, the lovely Barbara Ann McLaughlin Kelly! Without her support, I'd have given up a few months into what seemed, at the time, a hopeless quest. With the assistance of her family, Amelia and Sean McLaughlin and Peggy and Gary Manson, she managed our family while I shuttled around the world. Thank you, and my parents, brother, and sister, who always support me and my family, most sincerely!

Barbara Ann, would you come up and join me?

Now for a change of tune: I'd like to introduce the first employees of our new Corpus Christi office and ask them to also come up. We feel this new office will be of benefit to the company and to the city, and that starts with good people.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is my wife, Barbara Ann, who will work with us on both public relations and real estate acquisitions. Hers will be a part time but critical job. Welcome to our team, Barbara Ann... and thank you very much for the kiss. I hope I'll get more of that later!

The young lady to her left is our new office manager, Kara Armstrong. To her left is our new director of accounting, Lauren Walker. I know, I know: they are gorgeous and look far too young to be as experienced and qualified as they are, but believe it or not, they are all highly qualified... if quiet easy to look at also!"

After pausing for laughter and applause, Caelan continued. "As you know, we've been hard at work for over a month now, and I've learned that we need more help at the director level. Kara, Lauren, and Barbara Ann don't know about this latest addition to our staff, so this is a surprise to them also."

He waved at the new addition, and she started forward.

"This young lady is also highly qualified, and comes highly recommended by a very reputable person -- Peggy Manson.

May I introduce Ms. Kathy Thomlinson, who will serve as our liaison with other parts of our massive company, and with our partners in the United States and in Venezuela. I've known Ms. Thomlinson since 1965, and I've enjoyed watching the great success she's enjoyed in the banking and investments industries as she worked around the world in a similar position for Aunt Peggy."

Kathy walked gracefully up the stairs and across the stage to join them, giving a surprised Barbara Ann a kiss in greeting before shaking hands with Caelan and her new partners.

"As you can see, she also does nothing to dim the glow of the gorgeous ladies on this stage, and in the office. Welcome aboard, Kathy!"

Barbara Ann asked for the mic, and made a show of looking at her 6'2" husband, and the three 5'10" women on the stage with her, and complained, "Can we hire someone who's not a giant? I feel tiny up here with all of you!"

She paused for the laugher and then said, "And I have a little something special of my own to announce.

Caelan, honey, you are going to be a Daddy, again!"

Are you wondering what has happened with the Kelly's by their twentieth year together like I am?