All Comments on 'The Table'

by LilyHardin

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
OzArrianOzArrian4 months ago

Great start to your writing here at Literotica. Hopefully you will write more :-)

funperson969funperson9694 months ago

Loved the story! Nice wake-up call. Well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I know it's your first posting, but maybe you need to get a better handle on the categories. I didn't see anything in this that said "Romance". I also disliked both of your characters, he is a manipulative asshole, and she is as dumb as dirt. Two unlikeable characters having sex does not a romance make!

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood4 months ago

Nice job of getting inside the mind of a narcissist/sociopath. I hope you write more stories.

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

Good sex scene but this story is the antithesis of a Romance.

WetheNorthWetheNorth4 months ago

That was your first story?

Amazingly good for your first time out of the box.

Keep up the good work,

Never mind the nitpickers saying it did not belong in this category. It is fine right here.

LilyHardinLilyHardin4 months agoAuthor

For the people complaining that my story is not a romance, here are the guidelines for the Literotica Romance category. "Drama, love, risk, and happily-ever-afters"

My story contains all of these. Not all romances fit into the Harlequin template and reek of sweet smiles, flowers and sipping glasses of Chablis while watching the sun set. Real romances have sharp edges, especially when they fall apart, which is what is happening here.

MsPeachPitMsPeachPit4 months ago

Although it's a little awkward in places, I loved this story. It rings true in a deep way--love teaches us some hard lessons but if we know how to handle them we can take our lumps and grow.

Josh was a very well drawn character--Meg was more vague. Not sure if that was intended to underscore her naivete--particularly initially-- and the ambivalent feelings she has towards Josh. But I felt I didn't really get to know her until very close to the end.

As for the people who say this is in the wrong category: romances aren't fairy tales. Love hurts and that goes double for first love. This was a realistic portrayal of a romance from its sweet beginnings to its bitter but ultimately uplifting end. And the table was an excellent trope.

Well done!!

The table was an excellent trope

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked this story a lot. It accurately describes a difficult situation that many young women find themselves in with older controlling men. Sometimes the only way out is a painful one, as Meg learns. But the pay off is worth it.

This is most definitely a Romance, just not the vapid star-crossed lover narrative that we're used to. Having said that, there should be a category on Literotica for Rite of Passage stories. This story would fit there perfectly.

I'm really looking forward to your next story. You're not only talented, you have something to say.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great job for a debut! There's a well-told story here rather than just a narrative that leads up to sex and ends when everyone comes, which is typical on this site unfortunately, I really liked the way you entwined her sexual and emotional desires for Josh. That's a very feminine thing and probably makes this story more relatable to women than men who generally compartmentalize sexual desire and emotional need in different parts of their brain . As for whether or not this should be included in the Romance category, my vote is a big YES! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fiction. (And I LOVE your handle.)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You have a knack for portraying the inner life of your characters that one doesn't often see in erotic fiction and that's the best part of this story. Meg's dilemma is portrayed clearly and realistically and I was pleased to see that you ended the story on a positive note, i.e. her "mistake" empowers rather than crushes her. I hope you'll be contributing more stories of this quality.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLilyHardin@LilyHardin
Newbie writer here with one story and more on the way. I'm on Literotica to learn more about erotic fiction but I'm also into chatting with other bi/gay females and guys with something interesting to say.