The Thirst Within Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tauger
tauger
179 Followers

"That.... was...."

He trailed off, his gaze turning to me as a broad smile drifted across his face.

"I did say I would have you screaming my name."

I said, grazing my lips across his again.

"And you are certainly a man of your word."

Oscar said, his hand moving up to wrap around my shoulders and tug me to his side. I nestled against his warm skin, running my lips across his shoulder.

"I have never cum like that before, I don't think there can be anything better than that."

He said, ghosting his lips across my forehead.

"Oh, I don't know,"

I said, shifting positions to lean close towards his ear.

"Just imagine my arse sliding down onto your cock with my fangs buried in your throat."

I whispered in his ear, ghosting a light kiss across his neck as I pulled back.

Something akin to a growl passed through Oscar's chest, closer to a purr than anything, and his arms wrapped around me.

He stopped suddenly, and I saw his face blush red as he looked down at me sheepishly.

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about your needs, while you were...."

I silenced that train of thought with a finger to his lips, tutting as I shook my head.

"You were quite distracted I think, which I suppose I should take as a compliment,"

I began, moving my hand to ghost a kiss across his lips.

"But I took a great deal enjoyment from seeing you enjoy yourself. And we have plenty of time ahead of us for that."

I said, seeing Oscar's eyes already beginning to drift closed.

"But I want to make you happy too...."

He said, his hand gripping at my shoulder to hold me closer to him.

"Sleep my love, there will be time for that, I promise you."

I said, watching as Oscar began to drift off to sleep.

"Did you seal the doors?"

I asked, already seeing his eyes beginning to stutter closed.

"Fosgail an doras."

He said, a single finger flexing towards the door.

The sound of chains striking the floor emanated through the room, and I hear the click of the lock on the door release.

I gently repositioned Oscar on the bed, resting his head on the pillow, and after leaving a small kiss at his temple stepped towards the door to the main corridor.

Sparing a single glance back towards Oscar I felt a warmth spreading through my chest. He was mine. As difficult as I foresaw the reaction from my people to be, they would learn to accept him, if for no other reason than because I did.

While I was incapacitated, I expected that he faced some resistance from the coven assembled here. Now however, damage control would be my main priority, and the posting of additional guards at the gates in case of any further uninvited guests.

Victor and Heig stood outside my room, their normal defensive positions when I was indisposed in my room.

"Guard him as you would me."

I sent to them both, my mind grazing theirs for a moment. A stiff nod was their response, their understanding absolute.

I strode forth through my home, noticing that much of the damage perpetrated by the hunters had already been rectified. Not a sign of the ferocious conflict that occurred, at least to human eyes.

Any vampire passing through these halls would smell the blood here, mortal and immortal alike, spilled in equal measure.

I spent some time speaking with Dominic, receiving a full report of all damages inflicted on the property, and finally the losses we suffered. Fourteen humans (mostly donors to residents here), and eight vampires (whose loss I mourned deeply). The humans knew the risks of associating with our kind, and wergild would be paid to their families my own form of restitution for the loss of their life.

The humans had come prepared, and that was the most worrisome part of this. In the past the hunters had been a nuisance at their best, a few minor skirmishes over the past century.

Now however their presence seemed to be growing in the world, not just in my own territory, but word travelled of other incidents occurring, seemingly isolated but I feared a greater organisation at work.

Hunters had been an issue over my five centuries on the throne, although not always to the detriment of my kind. In the past, their focus had primarily been upon the witches, whose covens had dwindled much during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I and King James I.

In those days the Mer had scarcely begun to venture forth from their ocean homes to walk the land, our cousins the Incubi and Succubi thrived in the shadows. It was truly a different time, yet the dangers were certainly more numerous.

Humans of this century viewed the supernatural with a gratifying sense of dismissiveness. No longer did they believe the old stories, the old superstitions that humans once believed would keep them safe.

It was a scant few centuries later that the Fae began their great retreat, withdrawing from the world in great numbers, their mounds lying empty as they returned to whatever realm they truly called home. With them, went a great swathe of other beings, unique entities of legend, the monsters of myth. Yet now, one had returned to the world, and I tried not to view this as an omen.

Oscar being a Fae had either been the result of an exchange of children in his crib, or his father being one of the Fae. Among the supernatural races that remain here, hybrids were unique when they did occur. Much of the inheritance was pure, and many tended to mate within their own species. The only notable exception being witches, since the days of my relative youth.

A thousand years ago, the compact between the witches sought to dilute the bloodlines to curb the tide of necromancy. As the tide of monstrosities unleashed by the Helrýnegu, so called pure-blooded sorcerers of old, the compact was formed.

No Witch may bear a child of another, the bloodlines diluted, the mixing of Witch and Mortal blood forming a new species, the modern witches who reside in the world. Pairings with other supernatural races produced mixed results, usually resulting in no Witch children, or an odd blending of the parent's traits, a hybrid.

I feared that with the return of a single Fae, holding onto him would be a more difficult endeavour than in the past. I need to keep him with me, he is mine, and I would fight by claw and fang to retain that grip.

The age difference between us would be the most difficult obstacle I felt. Compared to me he was barely crawling from his crib, wide eyed and innocent to the ways of our world. He was too innocent for this world, far too naïve to be able to walk this path alone.

I felt a surge of fear run up my spine that I even considered keeping him by my side. He would be a vulnerability, one that could not be afforded in the present times. It would be far better to be rid of him.

In his current state he was no more able to defend himself than the child he was, compared to me. Having him nearby not only pressed him into further danger, but placed a target squarely upon him. He would become my Achilles heel, especially if we became mates.

Vulnerability did not agree with me. But I also knew that I was beginning to experience feelings for Oscar I had not known since my youth. Hot wet desire at the prospect of having the intoxicating beauty that was Oscar at my side, using my body to drive his to untold heights of ecstasy. A low growl sounded in my throat at that prospect, my possessive nature rearing its head at the prospect of having him as my mate, bound to me.

Warring desires fought for dominance, the desire for my independence, to require no-one but myself. And the desire to have someone to share the rest of my existence with, in spite of the added vulnerability that that presented to both myself and Oscar.

I was shook from my reverie by a thrumming in my blood, reacting to the presence of one linked to my own. A swift thought confirmed my suspicion of who it was. Darren was here. My first progeny, and something of a wild child at that. Whatever had drawn him to seek my guidance would certainly be something of interest.....

********

Apologies for the long hiatus on this story, hit a knot that took a while to work past.

My thanks go to my partner for supporting me in continuing these works, and to my good friend Adrita for her help and commentary.

********


tauger
tauger
179 Followers
12