The Ultimate Nerd

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,056 Followers

Tori ran... ran so hard and fast, that her high heel broke just outside the frat house, to the laughter of many. She hurried to the sorority house, not even worried about speed limits, and shut herself into her room.

Tori stared at herself in the mirror, her make up a disgrace of mascara lines flowing from her eyes. "What has happened to me?" She gripped the sides of the mirror, intent on everything. "Two days ago, life was perfect and then I want to try some new hobbies, I lose my boyfriend, my friends..."

The Star Wars collector's case caught her eye on her dresser. "It's all this things fault!" She grabbed the collection in anger and opened her window. She went to throw it with all her might, her armed cocked back, "No," she sighed at a new revelation. "This is my salvation. Without this, I never would have known Lane was a Cheating Asshole and Naomi and Luna were using me." She then cradled it lovingly in her arms, "I owe Star Wars my life,"

Tori took her time cleaning herself up. A hot shower to melt the stress away led to getting into her pink pajamas and cuddling with her pillow while Episode Four played; she was only stopping there because she wanted to make it to The Roasted Bean in time to hopefully be allowed to role play.

"Knock, knock," Sadie stepped into Tori's room. "I heard what happened with Lane; you going to be all right?"

"Sadie," Tori paused the movie, "What are you doing here? Why aren't you at the party?"

Sadie sat on Tori's bed, her sensible purple sundress, bunching slightly underneath her. "Because I heard what happened and thought you may need a friend."

Tori smiled, "I appreciate that, but I'll be fine. It hurts how things happened... or just knowing the truth, but I'd rather know now rather than live the rest of my life thinking my friends were my friends and my boyfriend wasn't a cheating bastard that was only after my boobs."

"Still, I'm sorry it happened." Sadie hugged Tori. "You seem to be taking it better than I thought you'd be."

"Should it bother me more?" Tori shrugged, "I don't know, maybe, but I think I just have a lot going on right now that I'm excited for and that's why, you know, I don't really care as much."

"Want me to stay with you for a little bit?"

"I'd like that."

Sadie got comfy on the bed, "What are we watching, anyway?"

Tori cringed, "Star Wars."

"Well what are you waiting for; hit play already."

Tori gave a soft smile as she hit play. That was Sadie for you - no judging.

*

Tori walked into the coffee shop, a small bag of dice in one hand, her character sheet in the other, and her arousal at a minimal simmer. She saw the four guys, same as yesterday in the same corner. 'Nothing more consistent than Nerd routines!' Her smile was ear to ear until she got closer, 'They aren't playing D&D?' She immediately sat, upset that she was unfortunately even further away than yesterday.

It took time. The guys were playing a card game that had involved commanders, lands, and other things she couldn't make out; and not with playing cards, either. These looked like they all had different types of art on them and very confusing - and Brandon's surprise was a new deck.

Tori shook her head, after everything that happened last night, the thought of 'Why did she want to learn this new game?' didn't even faze her. She needed this distraction - no, it was because this distraction she was able to cope with the betrayals. She just had to go to Nerd Haven again and find out all she could about this new game.

Tori was all in, and whoever judged her be damned. She felt these new endeavors weren't changing her as much as she was merely incorporating them into her existing life. It was a wonderful distraction from the hell her social life had become.

*

Graham noticed Tori, again. She had an air about her as she navigated the aisle way in his direction. She seemed different; warm and excited... inviting even. It didn't matter as just the sight of her still made him clench up. But that slowly ebbed away as she abruptly stopped and sat. It was obvious that she was here for him, she didn't even order coffee.

It made Graham nervous simply awaiting the tormenting onslaught that never came and he made a plethora of misplays in the game because of it. When she finally dispersed, he became curious, debating with himself whether he should ask her about it Tuesday in class. He was certain he'd chicken out. Regardless, it felt as if Tori was different, more... human. He felt a crushing despair in the pit of his stomach, 'Did I really do something to her?'

*

"Hey, hey, hey," Tony boisterously called out when Tori walked through the door. "How did it go, Saphielle?"

Tori huffed, "Not well."

"Oh? What happened?"

"I didn't get to play, my boyfriend broke up with me, and now I need to know what involves lands and commanders."

"Sounds like a Magic: the Gathering variant." Tony rubbed his chin, "This one takes more time and some money to play, though it doesn't have to be much; are you sure?"

Tori's face echoed her seriousness, "Show me."

"That's the spirit I like to see... Jack," Tony called to a clerk sorting merchandise. "Any customers come in, they're all yours." He then directed a soft smile at Tori, "And your ex is an idiot."

*

"Now remember," Tony smiled as Tori was preparing to walk out the door. "These newfound hobbies of yours have a community, so if you can't get in games or whatever, we have dedicated nights here at the shop, like tomorrow is a role playing day starting at four. Our back room is spacious and we get quite the turnout. I know any number of tables will let you join in their campaigns."

Tori nodded at the knowledge, "We'll see; I just think for my first time I'd like to play with people I know." She was hopeful tomorrow was her day, 'That is unless they're playing something else.'

*

The learning, the understanding, the practicing, the playing; it took several hours. More so because Tori was enjoying herself and the shop wasn't busy so Tony kept accepting her challenges of "just one more game." It truly was fun - and an arousal fueled distraction. She felt like she was walking on sunshine as she entered her sorority house.

"There's the loser!" Luna cheered from the couch in the common area as Tori entered.

"Aw, did the poor Princess lose her Prince?" Naomi leaned in and kissed Lane before proudly staring down Tori.

Lane put his arm around Naomi, giving a nod at Tori's shopping bag, "What dumb bullshit did you buy this time, Tori Boring... or maybe it should be Tor the Bore?" He then pulled the Star Wars collectors edition from behind his back, "Oh, you might need to get another one of these," he threw it to the ground, and on impact, it opened to reveal all the discs were shattered. "Oops."

Tori didn't hesitate, "You guys are fucking Assholes! Everyone of you is a total fake..."

"Ha!" Lane interrupted as he stood, "You have the two fakest things here, Four Eyes."

"Yeah," Luna piled on as she and Naomi stood as well, before moving forward to press the situation. "Let's pop them and see what comes out!"

Tori was surprised at the unexpected taunt, and it stung as she was very self conscious about her endowments, and these three knew it. "Fuck you, all of you know I never had anything done!"

"Yeah right," Naomi countered, "No one has natural tits that large. Maybe we should cut them off and use them as bean bag chairs?"

Tori was on the defensive, a losing position from experience which turned her anger into a seething boil, "Fucking Bitches!"

Tori dropped the bag that was in her left hand while she swung with her right, smacking Naomi hard in the face. Naomi swung back, connecting into Tori's cheek as Luna stepped behind and grabbed Tori's hair.

Lane watched in happy amusement wishing he had popcorn.

Tori tried to get a clean hit on Naomi, but was constantly being pulled back by Luna. Her two adversaries rained down on her blow after blow, knocking her down to one knee.

"What in the hell is going on here!" Sadie rushed into the fray, pulling off Luna from behind, demanding Lane to "Hold her."

Free from the double team, Tori went full force at Naomi, using both legs to push herself into the girl's body. She was able to grab her hair and make solid contact with a right cross.

Sadie quickly stepped in between the combatants, disengaging Tori and Naomi from each other, luckily not getting hit from the last two wild swings. "This ends now!"

Naomi did her best baby voice impression, "Aw, did the poor loser need help from getting her ass kicked?"

"That's enough!" Sadie demanded. "Tori, go to your room, and you two," she stared down Luna and Naomi, "Don't you have somewhere to drink or an orgy to attend?"

"Nice," Luna mocked. "Of course you'd take the Little Bitch's side."

Sadie became adamant, "I'm not taking any sides, just get the FUCK away from each other."

Tori barely remembered to pick up her bag of cards - her deck, which was right next to the destroyed Star Wars collection. She was fighting a losing battle against the tears, something she desperately didn't want anyone to see, and hurried out of the room.

"Bye, bye, Tori Boring." Naomi gave a small wave. "I gotta go fuck your boyfriend, again." She then nodded to the door, "Let's go to the bar."

*

Tori barely made it out of the room before her head fell, still hesitant to let her true emotions come out, just in case. It wasn't because she lost her boyfriend. It wasn't because her friends were backstabbing whores; she had made her peace with those issues the night prior. It wasn't even her ruined Blu-rays, though that really did bother her. It was the whole altercation. Why couldn't they just let her be?

"Whoa," Tori was pulled into a room and the door closed swiftly behind her.

"May the force be with you."

Tori stared at Willow in disbelief. The girl had a slight grin as she spoke the line. "You're making fun of me, too?"

Willow embraced Tori in a heartfelt hug, "May the force be with you. May the force be with You. May the force be with YOU..."

It took several repetitions of the line before Tori realized she was being comforted, the quote proving to her she was no longer alone. She finally broke down, her tears cascading like a pair of waterfalls as her arms wrapped around Willow's back.

Soon, another set of arms encompassed her. Tori glanced up to see Sadie offering a small smile.

"I'm proud of you, Tori," Sadie squeezed tighter in confirmation.

Tori took a deep breath as she relinquished the comforts. She wiped at her eyes before sniffling, "For what?"

Sadie grinned, "For getting rid of the two disease infested prostitutes from your life? Or getting rid of the densest, most air headed douche of a guy from your life? Or perhaps that you are actually caring about your future enough to study? Ooh, I know!" Sadie's eyes became serious as she put a hand on Tori's shoulder, her eyes locking with her friends, "For understanding you deserve better in the friends department, for understanding you need to find a guy that will see you for more than your bust size, but most of all, becoming a better, mature you."

Tori started crying again, this time the tears were of happiness as she reached out and pulled the two girls back into the hug, "You guys are the best... I couldn't ask for better friends. "

*

Tori arrived at The Roasted Bean at nine in the morning, a full two hours earlier than the prior two days, full of bubbling energy and she hadn't even had her latte yet. The place was packed, but still no Graham and his crew. She ordered her coffee and found a seat to where she could watch the door. 'The price of not knowing what time they start, I guess. At least I can get some last minute studying in for my math test.'

Time ticked by, ten am, eleven am, noon; at twelve forty, she rushed out, disappointed they never showed up, but absolutely prepared for her test.

*

"Welcome back, Saphielle." Tony chuckled, "What new game are you going to try today?"

"Funny." Tori thoroughly enjoyed the fact the shop owner referred to her by her character name. It made her feel... accepted.

"I'm still trying to be able to play the other games with somebody."

"Well, you came to the right place," Tony smiled. "Today's our role playing day and we already have a packed house. Did you bring your character sheet? I can get you into a group if you want."

"Yeah, I got it. I brought my deck too, just in case." Tori gave a sigh that turned into a small smile. "I was hoping to play with some people I know, but what the hell; what group do you think is best for... Wait; was that Graham?"

"You know Thrain Ironhide?"

"Who?"

Tony shrugged, "It's the only Graham I know."

Of course... His role playing name. Tori rushed to back room, hoping her eyes didn't deceive her. It was Graham, and the other three guys as well. She turned to the proprietor and signaled a thumbs up as she smiled brightly and he gave her a nod in kind.

'Now how do I get them to let me play with them?'

Every table Tori passed as she walked across the room, conversation stalled; she could feel all the eyes boring holes into her figure. Just like other avenues in life, she reminded herself that once she becomes a familiar face, it will lessen.

"Hey guys... Graham," Tori bit her lip with nervous anticipation. "Can I play?"

"What?" It was collective. All four guys at the table were in shock.

It took a moment before Brandon, the guy with black tussled hair who was sporting some sort of anime t shirt responded. "You want to play D&D?"

"Dungeons and Dragons," Tori gave a slight nod and a quick smile. "I have a character, I'm an elf named..."

The blonde haired, extremely overweight guy with a Mario Bros. shirt shook his head, "No, there's not enough room at the table, sorry."

Graham knew why Derrick said no. He knew the torments, the insults... but he saw something different in Tori the past two days and it echoed today. This was not the confident and crass Tori he knew. He still couldn't look at her, but he was definitely curious regarding the changes he has witnessed. "Well, if it's a matter of lack of space, she can have my chair and I'll play standing up. What do you think, Hal?"

The auburn haired, skinny as a toothpick, wearing a shirt with a twenty sided die on it sat there, eyes wide.

"See," Graham gestured to his friend. "Hal's okay with it."

Derrick took a drink from his soda bottle, "I said no, all right," he then slammed the bottle down.

Graham understood, and took a deep breath to pacify, not caring, or more importantly, needing Tori to hear this. "Somethings different with her, Derrick. I mean, we all saw her the past two days, and nothing was said to us; and today she's here, at Nerd Haven of all places, holding a Dungeons and Dragons character sheet... And don't we say that nothing builds a team better than beating a dungeon together?"

"Derrick, I'm sorry I hurt you," Tori shook her head, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I'm sorry to all of you. I know I was a horrible person... I don't deserve to play with you guys." She lowered her head and took a step away.

"Wait," Derrick sighed. "If Graham wants to give up his seat, then... whatever. Hal, how about you?"

Hal simply nodded.

Brandon laughed, "You guys are in for a shit storm with a party of five."

Graham stood, lowering his head slightly as he gave a warning under his breath, "This better be on the level."

"It is; I swear."

Graham smiled as he held out the chair for Tori, "Welcome to the party."

"Thank you."

*

"Fuck yeah," Derrick cheered as he pointed at Tori. "You just saved our lives!"

"All in a days work for an elf cleric," Tori giggled.

"Take that, Brandon!" Derrick finished by chugging the last of his soda.

"All right, all right," Brandon threw up his hands. "Make the monsters tougher... or lots more of them."

Hal's eyes went wide, his head shaking fervently in rejection of that idea.

"But seriously, I planned this for four people not five," Brandon laughed. "So what's the verdict, all in favor of Tori joining us again?"

All hands raised.

"Awesome, " Brandon stood. "Tori, we play D&D Saturday mornings at the deli and Monday afternoons here, and if your interested, Magic: the Gathering on Sunday mornings there and tomorrow here."

Tori nodded, "I do have a deck." All four stared at her in surprise. "What?"

Graham chuckled, "You're just full of surprises."

"Yup," Tori smiled.

"All right," Brandon stacked his books. "I gotta go, c'mon Hal."

Derrick followed, "See you guys tomorrow."

"Bye, Hal," Tori gave a small wave to him.

Hal just diverted his head as he walked away, smiling.

Tori shook her head, "He doesn't talk much, does he?"

"Who Hal?" Graham collected his notebook and pencil. "He's actually quite the chatterbox; its getting him to shut up that's the problem... but he's intimidated by you. We all still are, in a way, but Hal never had it easy."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay," Tori drew out the word. "By the way, I just wanted to say thank you for sticking up for me today." She turned to throw a scrap piece of paper away only to bump into Graham.

"No problem, whoa," Graham put his hands on Tori's hips to balance both of them from falling. "You proved you are worth fighting for." He then stared into her eyes. Under his breath, he mumbled, "Huh, that's weird?"

Tori felt caught in his gaze. For the first time a guy was looking in her eyes - not her boobs or ass, but her eyes. "What is?" She whispered.

Graham shook his head, relinquishing Tori from his grasp. "Nothing."

"C'mon," Tori playfully slapped his shoulder. "I thought we were party members?"

Graham looked back into Tori's eyes, "It's just I would have sworn you had blue eyes, but they're hazel." Graham then stumbled over his next words, "Not that their bad or anything, I mean, uh, when I thought they were, uh, blue, they seemed, I don't know, um, fake." Graham closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "What I meant to say is your eyes are lovely." He opened his eyes and gave an awkward smile, "Sorry."

Tori stood in disbelief, "You knew what color my eyes were?"

"Apparently not," Graham shrugged.

"The blue were colored contacts." Tori's head tilted, 'I guarantee Lane couldn't tell me either of my eye colors, and we were dating for nearly a year.' She eyed Graham curiously, "I didn't think you ever looked anywhere but my feet?"

"Well, not the first time we met." Graham took a step for the door. "After that..." He let his words hang in the air, leaving out the aftermath.

It hit Tori that much harder understanding her prior destruction. She was a horrible person. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

Graham paused, "Sure."

Tori felt she owed Graham so much. She became accepted and it was all because of him. "Why were you nice to me today?"

Graham took a deep, worried breath, "Atonement." Yes, he knew his indiscretion was coming to light.

"What do you have to atone for?"

'Was this new Tori his creation? Could he live with the truth if it was?' Graham turned to face Tori, intent on the truth... but he needed all the information first, or maybe just to use the next question as a self delay tactic. "Tell me, are D&D and Magic newfound hobbies of yours or something you've done for a while now?"

"Relatively recent... Why?"

Graham deflated. This was all his fault. Sure it's what he wanted, but to know he changed someone's life without their approval was eating at him. He had to clear his conscience and make this right. "I think I did..."

"But they were a long time coming." Tori had interrupted, thinking Graham wanted further clarification to his question as he had stood momentarily silent.

Graham shook his head, "What was that?"

fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,056 Followers
123456...8