The Unlikely Quarterback Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yep. And just so you know, while you might be just a booty call, you are my friend first and foremost. We might be just friends with benefits but I only sleep with one guy at a time. If I decide to take someone else on then I'll let you know. Just so you know I won't be sleeping with you when I do. One at a time is all I can handle."

"Fair enough."

"I am not imposing the same for you, but I would ask that if you DO sleep with someone else, you always wear a condom."

"I think that won't be a problem."

"Good," she said, "Now take me home. I've got a party to get ready for."

*

I came home to find my sisters were already home in the kitchen.

Lorraine had a glum look on her face and simply said, "We came home early, her manager let her go early and so did mine, it was a slow day."

I was confused by how muted they were acting, "OK, you could have beeped me I could have picked her (Stephanie) up," I addressed Lorraine.

"It's OK she called me and I was available," Lorraine said.

"Well, what's the matter?" I addressed Stephanie. "You should be excited, it's your eighteenth birthday, you're an adult. It's time to whoop it up!" I tried to muster as much enthusiasm as I could.

Stephanie held up Simone's beeper, (stupid me), I must have subconsciously wanted it to be found because I left it on my desk. In my defense, my sister wasn't supposed to go in my room.

"What's this? 'Cause it looks like Simone's, and last time I checked she had it with her..."

I thought fast and the first thing that popped into my head was: I can lie and tell her that it was a present for her and I got Simone a new one. But then I saw Lorry's "Inquisitor" face, she knew I was going to lie so I had no choice but to come clean.

"I was too embarrassed to tell you. She broke up with me," I said dryly as if I didn't care.

"What happened?" Lorraine jumped in.

"According to her letter, she fell in love with someone she's been working with this summer. They are even talking about marriage - already - can you fucking believe it?" I laughed hysterically.

My sisters rallied and crushed me in a group hug.

"Look, I'm OK. Really, it's been a couple weeks and I realized that I probably would have broken up with her sooner or later. It still hurts - I mean - she was my first REAL girlfriend after all. But, today is YOUR day, don't worry about me, I'm OK," I assured, they looked skeptical, "Really! Besides, I wanted to give you your real present and nothing's gonna spoil that, OK?"

"My REAL present? I KNEW it... See I told you that gift card wasn't his real present," she smirked at Lorraine. She started jumping up and down and squealing in childish laughter. "You give the BEST presents. Where is it? I didn't see one in your room... OOPS."

"Uh-huh, I thought as much, why else would you be in my room?"

I lead her outside and we started walking down the sidewalk. She looked confused but I gave her a look to be patient. I went to the front door and found the garage door clicker in the leaves of a potted plant near my neighbor's door. I clicked the garage open as I walked back to Stephanie and dangled the keys in front of her.

She looked back and forth between the car in the garage and the keys in my hand. Then I saw the light bulb go off in her head.

"No Way!" she screamed, jumping up and down once again. She jumped into me and threw her arms around me squealing, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! Can I drive it?"

"Yeah, the car's in my name but you just have to send in the title transfer to the DMV and it'll be yours officially. I even added you to my insurance... Before you get too excited, YOU are paying for it going forward. It's your car so you are responsible for gas, insurance and maintenance. Lucky for you, you have all that money saved up right?"

"Yes!" she jumped in her new car, exploring all of its features.

"My brother the saint!" Lorry chuckled, before she got in the passenger side.

Before they took off, I told them, "Mom said she would take you out this weekend, but you still need to be back here by five so you have enough time to get ready... Your friends and I are taking you dancing!"

"What? Where?" she said, excitedly.

"I'll tell you when you get back."

I think she would have went driving a lot longer if she wasn't so excited about where we were going because she was home by four.

"OK, where are we going?" she asked, anxiously.

"We are going to Knotts Berry Farm!"

My sister squealed, did her Minnie Mouse kisses and ran to get ready.

Knotts Berry Farm is a famous Southern California Amusement Park which was not only closer to Long Beach than Disneyland, (Buena Park vs Anaheim), but was WAY cheaper and had better rides. Only tourists and Disneyphiles went to Disneyland. They are famous locally but you might not have ever heard of them if you'd never been to So. Cal. Back in the eighties and early nineties, Knotts Berry Farm would allow you to purchase park tickets for ten dollars after five pm. Not only that but on the weekdays, they had two dance studios where anyone of any age could go dancing. Although it was for anyone of any age, it became a popular place for teenagers to hang out; there was no other 'ageless' dance studios anywhere in America. Girls from all over, came to Knotts just to dance and guys came from all over just to see all of the girls.

I gave Stephanie a list of all of the girls I confirmed were coming and all that I called. A lot of them, unfortunately, were out of town on vacation and a few had to work, (not to mention I kind of did all of this at the last minute). I let her know that she could invite anyone I might have left out.

I picked up Delilah, Candy, Mandy and Paulette since I knew them pretty well. Stephanie and Lorry went and picked up three more of her friends and we agreed to meet at the Liberty Bell replica house in the Knotts parking lot. I had a hard time keeping my eyes on the road because all the women in my car were dressed in slutty dance outfits - short skirts and tight tops that revealed a lot of cleavage and four-inch high-heeled shoes. The ladies were excited and were talking about all the cute guys that would be there.

Paulette leaned her head into the front and said, "So, Mike, I heard it through the grapevine that you're back on the market!"

She started laughing and the others in the back were giggling as if they were in on a joke. Candy was in the front seat with me and when she heard this, she gave me this look.

"Is that true?" she asked.

"I wouldn't say I'm 'on the market', but did I break up with Simone."

"Why didn't you say anything to me?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't want anyone to know, especially you," I said and she looked hurt. "Not for the reasons you might think... It's just that I felt embarrassed about the whole thing, and I guess it was easier for me to withdraw then to... Besides you seem so happy with your new beau and I didn't want to mess things up between the two of you."

She patted my leg and I reached down and grabbed her hand.

Paulette wasn't done though, "Why'd she break up with you, Mike? You're a good-looking guy, smart, you got a rockin' bod' and I heard from a friend of a friend you're packin' some heat."

I turned a little red and looked to Candy for help but she looked like she wanted to know.

"I really don't know her reasons, we barely dated a couple of weeks before she left, and she sent me that letter three weeks later. I guess I didn't mean that much to her."

"I'm sure there's more to it than that," Candy reassured.

"So, you're saying she's a slut?" Paulette asked.

"No... I mean I wouldn't know about that. Besides, we never even made it that far."

"You mean, you guys never did it?"

"Surprise! I'm glad though. I think it would've hurt way more if we did."

The girls in the back started whispering and giggling after that.

"Look, I know it's easy for you to jump all over her case for what she did. But I try my best to find the good in people and I'm a big believer in 'not talking behind people's backs'. Simone's still a good person and whether or not we're together doesn't mean we have to tear her down."

The giggling stopped for a few minutes. Until I broke the ice with a stupid joke.

"So, a termite walks into a bar and says, 'Is the bar tender?'"

It's one of those jokes most people don't get right away, they creep up on you and either make you laugh or roll your eyes in disgust.

Amanda got it right away but just rolled her eyes. Paulette started laughing after 30 seconds and Delilah followed suit a couple seconds after.

"I don't get it," Candy squeaked, confused. Delilah had to explain it to her twice before she said "Oooooh!"

Suddenly the car erupted with stupid jokes and the jovial mood picked back up again.

We got to Knotts first and we waited next to the replica church that held the replica Liberty Bell. They had some benches to sit on outside, so I sat down. Candy, Delilah and Paulette went to check out the church so Amanda sat down next to me to talk.

"What do you think of Paulette?" she asked, mischievously although I suspected she had other motivations. "She likes white boys you know and I think she's got the hots for you."

"She's a good-looking gal." I said.

"What's the matter, not into black chicks?" she asked, expectantly.

"Pfffttt, I've lived in Long Beach most of my life. It's the most ethnically diverse city in the country and one thing I've learned is that women are women, black, white, brown, it doesn't matter to me. I think they're all beautiful... And, SHE is fiiiine, but Paulette and I don't have a lot in common."

"Oh? You both grew up poor, went to the same school, she's a cheerleader and you're a football player..."

"I have those things in common with you too but that's not enough for me. I mean the vast majority of the half million people that live in Long Beach are poor. There are thousands of people that were once cheerleaders and the same amount for ex footballers."

"What do you look for in a woman?"

"I don't know really. I never really made a list."

"Well, I know it's a sore subject but what did you find attractive about Simone other than her being a cheerleader and being 'fiiine'?"

"Honestly, I found her intelligence refreshing. She was one of only a few people that could understand what an eigenvector was without looking it up. She was also one of the most giving and caring people I knew. She wasn't afraid to be vulnerable with me. We clicked when I ran into her at a soup kitchen."

"You mean, Lillian's?" she asked, but didn't wait on an answer. "You know that Lillian is her grandmother, right? Her grandmother makes her work there once a week."

"No. She said she had to go there for a year but now goes because she enjoys it."

"She probably wanted you to think that she was a really compassionate person. She smoozes up to Lillian so that she doesn't get disinherited."

"It didn't seem like that to me. She seemed to sincerely like working there and the people there loved her."

"Maybe," she said. "Maybe you're right and Lillian rubbed off on her."

"It wasn't just her charity, I mean, growing up I had a violent temper stemming from my father... She seemed to empathize. She was angry at her father. I guess I felt a connection there because of our shared experiences."

"You find ME attractive, don't you?"

"Of course!"

"So, what about me?"

"You... hmmm. You have spirit. You are full of fire and don't take shit from anyone. You seem tough as nails but when I needed you, you were there for me and didn't break my balls when I cried on you shoulder - literally."

She surprised me when she pulled me in for a kiss. Our lips melded into one, and our tongues danced. We knew where each other's erogenous zones where and tried hitting as many as we could get away with in public. I made her swoon when I bit her neck and nibbled on her ears. I wanted it to go on and on, but as fate would have it, she saw Stephanie approaching with her car load of friends and she pushed me away so we could both cool off.

"Hey, guys. Ready to go?" Stephanie asked once she parked and unloaded.

I got a few knowing looks form Lorry but Stephanie was oblivious to our affections. I paid for everyone's tickets and we made our way through the Camp Snoopy kids' area and Montezuma's Revenge. Studio K sat right next to the ride and since there was no line for the ride, we all started out the night right.

Montezuma's Revenge is a rollercoaster that shoots you out of a gate into an immediate loop until you ended in a practically vertical slope and stop, the lead car 20 feet above the peak of the loop. Gravity would then take it back down the slope backwards where it went through the loop again but this time backwards. It then would shoot through the gate to the other side where you would go to another vertical stop, gravity would then take the car back to the gate with enough track to slow you down stopping outside the gate, then it would slowly pull you back into the gate.

The girls were giggly and excited after the ride, but poor Candy looked a little green, so we decided to forgo any more rides and see how Studio K was. When we got in, the circular dance floor was packed with teenagers. Studio K was way smaller than Cloud 9 but it had a different crowd and they played different music. Studio K was all about Hip-Hop and as soon as we entered, they were playing Bell Biv DeVoe's Poison and the girls got all excited. I had no choice as I was pulled onto the dance floor immediately. I wasn't much of a hip-hop dancer but I was really good and mimicking people around me and I didn't look too foolish.

We danced for a few songs before the girls all decided to check out a few rides. We decided to hop on the swing ride since the line for it was pretty quick. Amanda and I hung out at the back of our group so we could talk.

"So, I was wondering... If I could take you OUT, sometime. You know. On a date?" I asked nervously.

"I, I can't. I'm sorry," she said, sadly. "You know why, maybe in a couple of years when I'm ready to settle down."

I shrugged, "OK, but I can't promise you I'll be free then."

"I'll have to take my chances," she said, resolutely.

After spinning around on the swings, the girls were ready to dance again. But this time we decided to check out Cloud 9. Cloud 9 had a totally different crowd. It tended to be more 'white' mainly because of the music they played there. They played KROQ music, which was more Depeche Mode, The Cure, Guns and Roses and a few new bands from Seattle like Pearl Jam and Nirvana as well as older early eighties/ late 70's music. I have to admit that even though they played more music that I liked; they also played a lot that I hated too. I wasn't a fan of The Cure or Depeche Mode; my sister on the other hand LOVED the Cure and Morrissey so I guess it was fate that "Boys Don't Cry" was playing as soon as we entered the venue.

Once again, I was pulled onto the dance floor by the mob of girls. The dance style was also way less sophisticated so it was easier to get away with just simply moving around than over at Studio K which felt more like break dancing at times. It was my sister's birthday not mine so I sucked it up and put up with listening to a lot of music I didn't care for. Soon they seemed to play one too many songs I hated by artists I couldn't stand like INXS and the Red-Hot Chili Peppers, and I had to give my ears a break. I let my sister know I'd be outside and she decided to keep dancing.

I made my way outside, near the concession stands and bathrooms. There were a few carnival games off to the right and I was thinking of trying to win a stuffed animal for Amanda when I saw a streak of something flashing toward my head out of my peripheral vision.

My muscle memory kicked in and I dropped my head in time to have something glance off the side of my ear. I spun out off to the side and faced the danger.

"Junior! What the fuck, dude?"

"This guy's a chump!" someone said, and I saw that Junior had five of his buddies with him.

"You're gonna pay for what you did, faggot!"

"Take a chill pill, Junior. What did I DO exactly?"

"My parents are getting a divorce... We are losing our house. I can't afford to go to college now. You fucking ruined MY family, asshole!"

"Want us to fuck him up John?"

"Yeah, you two take the right, you take the left."

"Wait a sec," I said holding up my hands. "Can't we hash this out a different way? I mean, I know you're no coward, John. But look what happened to Johnny..."

He looked at me funny but he knew I'd fuck up a couple of his friends before they took me down, so he reconsidered.

"Fine, what do you have in mind?"

"Humiliation. I propose we have a contest, me against all six of you," I said, pointing to one of the carnival games. "If I win, you all have to take off your shirts, throw them in the trash and walk out of here."

"OK, fine, but if we win. Then I'll take your shoes, socks, shirt and pants and you run the fuck out of here in just your boxers. Deal?"

"Fine, but John win or lose we are done, capiche?"

"Fine, let's go!"

As I turned to walk over to the carnival games, I saw Amanda. I pointed at her and curled my finger toward me. She walked over to me quickly.

"What's going on, Mike? You want me to call security?"

"No! But hang on to these for me and meet me at my car, and don't forget to get your hand stamped," I said, handing her my car keys and wallet after I took a couple of dollars out. "I'm gonna try to make peace," I said, kissing her cheek really quickly. She started walking away with a weird look of 'what the fuck' but she trusted me and listened to me, leaving anyway.

I walked over to the racing game. Essentially there was a set of toy race cars that when you sprayed water into a hole with a water gun, would move your car up a track to a finish line. You were supposed to compete with up to eight others, and whomever got their car to the finish line first would win.

We waited for an opening and all seven of us lined up to race.

Now the chances of me winning were not good, if it were even. I played this game before and learned the perfect arc and best gun to use to win. However, I never intended to win.

Soon enough, the game was on and we sprayed away. I quickly took the lead and halfway up I started spraying slightly off center and one of Junior's friends overtook me and 'barely' won.

I had to put on a show, so I put on some theatrics. "Fuck this! The game's rigged! Come on, John, that was some bullshit."

"Nah, man. Let's have it," he said, his hand outstretched expectantly.

I took my shoes and socks off first, making sure to grumble and look as embarrassed as possible, which wasn't too hard. After I handed him my shoes, I unbuttoned my pants and unzipped. Then I pulled off my shirt quickly as I could, then nearly jumped out of my pants and left them on the ground as I took off running. I heard his friends laughing as I disappeared around the corner. I never ran faster as I jumped over the exit turnstiles in less than two minutes. I must have covered over four hundred yards, weaving through the crowds, trying my best to keep my head low and my boxers on. I ran so fast; I didn't give the security a chance to react to me. I made it to my car, huffing and puffing, covered in sweat. I actually beat Amanda to my car even with her lead. I hid between two cars waiting for her, just in case security was looking for me.

It seemed like it took Amanda forever to get there. I was hypervigilant, my eyes darting all over the place waiting for the police, security or a bus full of nuns to stop in front of my hiding place. Finally, I heard her calling for me and I came out of hiding, looking sheepish and embarrassed.