The Verse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the doctor finally came in and said I could be released, I was dismayed when he was followed by Aaron.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"They called me, said you were going to be released and you would need a ride home?"

"Why would you call him?" I demanded from the doctor.

"He is your emergency contact? He was here almost the whole time you were in a coma?"

"Talking to other girls on his phone! Texting and talking. I told the police yesterday he isn't allowed near me! And you better be out of my house! Anything left that's your, I am burning! It's HIS fault I am here, did he tell you that? He is only here because he feels guilty. I wouldn't have been walking if he hadn't taken my phone and ID and cards and took off, leaving me there all alone with no way to get home! After openly cheating on me with every girl he could grope or get to grope on him! No, asshole, get out and don't ever contact me again! I want nothing to do with you!"

"Ollie, baby, come on. I'm sorry I lost my temper, ok? Don't do this. I really was here the whole time you were out. I'm sorry baby."

"Get out!"

"Sir, you need to leave," a male nurse said from the doorway.

"Should we call you a cab?" the doctor asked.

"No, I have my phone, I have someone to call," I said quickly. As soon as Aaron left, giving me a pleading look, I opened my phone and texted the number Andrew had given me.

He answered immediately. "BRT".

By the time I was dressed and had signed everything, he was at the door.

"Andrew?" the male nurse asked, half punching his arm. "What's up man?"

"Picking her up."

"So I see. Didn't know she was a friend of yours?"

"Now you know," Andrew evaded with a smile. "You ok Ollie? You need help walking?"

"My hips are sore," I answered softly, trying not to look at the other nurse.

"Shit, if I had known that all you had was a bloody costume to wear out of here... Hold on," he said, pulling his flannel shirt off and draping it over my shoulders.

He helped me out to his truck and drove me home without asking where I lived. I didn't question it, he had access to all my files, it would have been easy for him to look up.

It shouldn't have surprised me that Aaron was there waiting, but somehow it did.

"Who the hell is this?" Aaron demanded immediately as Andrew followed me in.

"I told you to get your shit and get out! I mean it Aaron! I am done with your cheating and your temper and your bullshit! Get out of my house!"

"Have you been cheating on me with this freak?" Aaron demanded, grabbing my good arm and pulling me away from Andrew roughly.

"Dude, take your fucking hands off of her," Andrew growled, stepping up to Aaron and staring him down.

"Call your freak off!" Aaron demanded, looking at me in a rage.

I flinched back and stepped away. "Just get out, Aaron."

"Where the fuck am I supposed to go? I LIVE here! You can't just kick me out, this is my house too!"

"No! This is my house! I inherited it from my nana and I pay all of the bills! You have never once paid a single bill since you moved in! You didn't even help with the remodel for the mancave YOU wanted in the basement for you and your friends to hang out in! This is my house and you have NO right to it! Go move in with your friends! Or your mother! I don't care, but get out of my house!"

"I am not leaving you here with this freak!"

"I will call the cops if you don't leave now."

"The fuck you will," he snarled, snatching my phone away from me.

Andrew grabbed a handful of Aaron's hair and bounced his face off the wall next to me. He took my phone out of Aaron's hand, then walked Aaron out the front door by his hair. I watched, horrified as Andrew pinned him to the ground and leaned over him, saying something in Aarons ear.

When Andrew stood up, Aaron scrambled to his car as if he were being chased. Andrew came back in and calmly handed me my phone, though his face was red. "Call the police. File a report. He will be back when he thinks you are alone, I know his type. How long were you with that dude?"

"A while? I was sixteen, he was twenty one?"

"Why'd you stay?"

"I... I don't know. I never made him angry, I knew not to. I guess I knew he cheated too, but I ignored it."

"You shouldn't stay here tonight. Come stay at my place, with Allan and Larry and... No. Actually, I am going to call in tonight. Come stay with me at my place. Not a debate. Call the cops, get a shower while you are waiting and pack."

I felt a little thrill shoot through me.

I called the police and showered, then packed as we waited. When they got there, I told them what had happened, what was going on, they got the names of the two cops who had been there at the hospital when I kicked him out. Andrew told them what he had done to get Aaron out of my house, then gave them his number and address after telling them I would be staying with him for a few days.

A few days!

I peeked up at him, blushing. He had said it so casually, like it was a given even though he hadn't even asked me.

Walking into his house was a little odd. It was an older victorian style, but not the epic, grand kind. More like the plain kind that there were a dozen in a row of on a block. It needed a little work, but it was all from age and not from misuse. The hardwood floors had seen a LOT of wear over the years and I looked around at the eclectic and random decor as he led me through to the living room.

Allan looked over his shoulder at me from the couch and Larry sat up from laying in Allan's lap. I grinned at Larry, he looked exactly the same. Allan had a full head of hair, all puffy and wild and black, no white at all, but it was him. Still big and scary looking.

Lisa looked less severe, her face softened by a cute bob cut as she got up and smiled, crossing the floor and holding her hand out. "And who is THIS?" she asked, taking my hand. "She is adorable! What happened?"

"Remember I told you about the hit and run coma patient?"

"This is her? You didn't say she was adorable!"

"This is her, she is going to be staying a few days."

"Wow, baby brother! No mention and then you show up with her out of the blue? I'm Lisa."

"Olivia, but my friends call me Ollie."

"Lovely to meet you Ollie, come sit down. This is Allan and Larry, our roommates. My husband is at work, he will be home soon. John and Mallory took the week to go see the Ozarks in the fall, though I told them it was pretty late for that."

"They just needed a break from us," Larry teased. "You are scrumptious. I would love to get my hands in your hair! And you'll be needing help while your arm is in a cast, right?"

"Thanks, Larry, I would appreciate that..." I said, trying hard not to let emotion overwhelm me again.

"Everyone have a seat. I want you to listen to this story of hers," Andrew said, leading me to a couch and pulling me down to sit next to him, his arm around me tight.

I looked up at him in surprise, but he smiled at me encouragingly.

I told them everything, pausing for questions and comments, and a giggling fit from Larry when I said Callen was Endrews enforcer.

"So... you dreamed all of this from Andrew talking to us on his phone?" Lisa asked. "Which, by the way, Andrew, very unprofessional. Ducking into coma girl's room to make calls."

"I don't know, I guess, but that doesn't explain how I knew what you all looked like or acted like already. I met you all and I knew you all. And Pannar. Endrew left him behind when we came here to lead for him."

Lisa went pale, sitting up. "Like... Peter? I mean, all the names were a little off..."

Andrew's arm tightened around me as he sat up straight. "Not funny Lis," he snapped.

"No! Think about it! Peter was left behind!" she said quickly.

"Who is Peter?" I asked quietly.

"Our little brother. Our mom was pregnant with him when we were in the accident," Andrew said softly. "I was in a car seat, that saved my life. Lisa and John were at school. She was trying to drive herself to the hospital, our dad was in Texas. Over the road trucker. She wasn't due yet, not for another four weeks, so he thought it was ok. She went into labor. I don't really remember it, I was young. Two. I just know we buried Mom and Peter together."

"Grew up, left him behind," Lisa said softly.

"This is spooky!" Larry breathed, curling up close to Allan.

"What was he like?" Lisa asked, sitting on the other side of me.

"I... actually, I never really got to know him well. He was always quiet and distant, aloof. He helped when he was told and he was the one who would calm me with whatever it was when I was scared. He didn't talk much."

"That actually sort of makes sense," Lisa said, leaning back.

"But... Endrew asked Mallee if she wanted to stay behind or come with us?" I said, shaking my head, putting an end to that theory.

"Holy shit!" Allan said, jerking upright.

"Mallory tried to kill herself last year when they told her she couldn't ever have kids," Larry said softly, his eyes huge. "She almost did. Andrew came home mid shift when he found out it was going to snow and wanted to have what he needed with him after work. He found her by accidental fluke and if he weren't trained, he wouldn't have been able to save her. He saved her."

I felt cold all over and I peeked up at Andrew who looked stunned. He looked down at me, searching my face again. "I don't think anything that happened to you that night was an accident," he said softly. "You were put in my path and I was put in yours, whatever really happened. What I know is, I was there when you were brought in. I was there with you every night. I know you were physically in this world. But I also think that part of you wasn't. I don't know where, or how, or whatever... but I don't care. Every minute I spend with you, every second I spend touching you, I am more and more sure of one thing. You and I are destined for each other no matter what universe it is. I don't say that lightly... I am a sworn, lifetime bachelor, I don't date seriously at all. Ever. That being said... move in with me, Ollie. Move in with me and... I won't ask you to marry me yet, that would be insane, but I don't see it going anywhere but there."

"Uhhh... An? You..." Lisa began uncertainly, looking at her brother in shock.

"Ok," I said quickly. "Umm. Yeah. I will move in with you. Or... you can move in with me? I have a house too?"

"Maybe after we have kids," he said, pulling my face closer in his hands. "Till then we can stay close to family and friends."

"K," I breathed.

"Did he just say kids?" Larry asked in an exaggeratedly shocked whisper meant to be heard by everyone.

"He just fucking said married," Allan said, not bothering to whisper.

"John is going to shit himself!" Larry giggled.

"Mallory is going to be pissed."

"Both of you hush," Andrew said, not looking at them. "Ollie?"

"Yeah? Umm... do you think we could go be alone for a bit?" I asked as he started to lean down and kiss me again.

He jumped up quickly, then bent down and picked me up, carrying me up the stairs to a large bedroom.

He kicked the door shut behind us.