The Whole Nine Yards Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bettina: "Breonna Bryant is a promising student at the University, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies. She was arrested near the Block House, peacefully protesting Police Brutality against People of Color, after the building exploded, killing civil rights leader Jacquez Wilson, our colleague Lester Holder, and six other Persons of Color. Ms. Bryant has been charged with 'Felony Murder', which is the shorthand name for murder in the first degree in the commission of a felony."

Bettina: "Ms. Bryant's plight is being publicized as a stark example of the sheer abuse of power by white Police Commander Donald Troy and the Office of white District Attorney Miriam Walters. We have with us Dr. Lionel Carmela, Head of the Department of Political Science at the University." The camera panned out to show the fat body and heavily bearded face of the rabidly Socialist Dr. Lionel Carmela. "Dr. Carmela, what do you make of the treatment of a promising black student by Donald Troy?'

Carmela: "Bettina, it's outright racist what Troy and the District Attorney are doing to this poor girl They are literally charging her with murder in the first degree for merely peacefully protesting the treatment of People of Color by racist white cops. This girl has no criminal record, she's doing well in School, and that's what racists like Troy are scared of: they can't have a black person succeeding and doing well, so they try to crush this poor girl with a triphammer, and make a severe example of her for other blacks who dare to rise up and achieve."

"Thank you, Doctor." said Bettina. As the camera came back to her, she said "And stay tuned to Channel Two News for a Press Conference by Dr. Carmela, several black civic and political leaders, concerning the Breonna Bryant case. That will be at 8:00am this morning!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"And there you go." I said as the Sheriff, Lt. Commander Croyle, and ADA Patterson drank coffee with me in my office. "It begins."

"Not that I'm a publicity hound," Paulina said, "but the prosecutions of the 'Jacquez 200' are all me. Miriam has virtually nothing to do with it, and Bettina is very much aware of it. I know that because I told her myself."

"And that's all the more reason she's emphasizing D.A. Walters." I said. "You're black, which really hurts the narrative of this being racist whites prosecuting a seemingly innocent black girl. They also want to create more strife and division between you and Miriam, hoping that Miriam will be angry at you for the publicity she's getting, when it's the dishonest, race-bating Media that she and everyone should be angry at."

"Hear hear." said the Sheriff.

Teresa said "And they're doing it to help harm Miriam's chances for re-election in a couple of years, unless she get's 'woke', and also starts toeing the line drawn by the Far Left and their Media allies." I nodded vigorously in agreement.

"And she didn't even mention Kelly Carnes's racist attack on Tasha." said Teresa.

Sheriff Griswold growled: "They also scheduled their Press Conference for 8:00am... the exact same time we're having a huge Press Conference on the 'front porch' of City Hall, to condemn Kelly Carnes for that racist hatred she displayed. I'm going to be a part of that, and I'll be bringing a very special guest."

Paulina said "Miriam surprised me by telling me she is going to be there and speaking out against Carnes. I'll have to be there, too. We're also going to have the Republicans on the Council, the Reverend Joseph E. Williams, Chief Moynahan, Chief Davies, and Chief Cordell. I'm surprised you weren't invited, Don."

"Oh, I was." I said. "But I'm going to be here watching Carmela's presser instead."

Everyone looked at me as if I had fallen out of my tree. "Just kidding." I said reassuringly with a grin. "I'll be there. And I'll be bringing a very special guest, as well..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

8:00am, Wednesday, July 15th. The podium was set up on a raised dais at the base of the semi-circle steps in front of City Hall. Reporters had gathered, and there were also a good number of 3rd Shift TCPD Officers getting some overtime, since 1st Shift was having roll call right now. A fairly large group of people, of all ethnicities, were gathering behind the reporters, spreading out sideways from the statue of Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of These United States.

"Thank you for coming." said Mayor Allgood, to start the Press conference. "We are here to address the abhorrent, filthy language used by Councilperson Kelly Carnes at the Council meeting last night. Ms. Carnes called Commander Troy and Paulina Patterson's daughter a racial epithet I won't repeat here, but it's the same one the late Lester Holder of KXTC... that's Channel Two News... constantly used in his race-bating and goading of Commander Troy."

Allgood: "I am fully condemning Kelly Carnes's racist hate speech, and I am calling for her to resign from the Town & County Council. I also believe that if the US DOJ Civil Rights Division wants to investigate anyone in this County for racism and hate speech, they should concentrate on Kelly Carnes. Mr. Goldman?"

J.P. Goldman: "Thank you, Mr. Mayor. I also condemn Kelly Carnes for her racist hate speech, and I demand that she resign from the Council. She is an embarrassment to the voters of her District of all ethnicities, she is an embarrassment to the Council, and an embarrassment to the County. She cannot effectively represent her District!" Some of the people watching applauded Mr. Goldman's words.

John Colby came up: "What Kelly Carnes said last night was one of the most despicable things I've ever heard. It was racist, it was hateful, and it was directed at a small child. We don't need that kind of hatred on the Council nor in this County, and I also demand Kelly Carnes do the right thing, and resign."

Ian McGhillie came up: "As the proud father of a Police Officer, what Kelly Carnes said last night is abhorrent to me because it was directed at another Police Officer, Commander Donald Troy. Ms. Carnes has the right to her opinions regarding our great Police Force and its Police Commander, but to attack him and the Police Force by calling a young child such filthy names is inexcusable, and the Police take umbrage at their Commander's family being treated with such ugly hatred."

Dagmar Schoen: "Kelly Carnes's racist hate speech is exactly what everyone of all races, creeds, colors, and orientations should be condemning. Especially because it was an attack upon a small child who has done nothing to deserve that hatred and derision. I call upon all our County's citizens to condemn Kelly Carnes, and demand her resignation or removal from the Town & County Council!"

Edward Steele came up: "I just want to say I agree with my fellow Council Members's words, and I strongly condemn Kelly Carnes and her racist hatred. And now I'd like to introduce a man I've gotten to know as we worked on the Charter Commission together, a man who has shown me his integrity, his values, and his love of people of all races and creeds, the Reverend Doctor Joseph E. Williams."

Many in the crowd applauded as the Rev. Dr. Joseph E. Williams came up and said: "It is time to stop the hatred we are seeing in this County, and across the State and indeed the Nation. And we can stop the hatred on all sides by coming together as God's children and condemning racism and also violence. I pray that God will show Kelly Carnes the sinfulness of the hatred in her heart, and that He will show her the way to love, inclusion, and happiness. And that has to start with her. I call upon Kelly Carnes to apologize for her hateful words, that are only adding fuel to the fires of anger, chaos, and division."

Next was D.A. Miriam Walters: "Tasha Troy-Patterson is a lovely child, always with a smile on her little face. By way of contrast, I don't think I've ever seen Kelly Carnes smile. I've seen nothing but anger and hatred on her face." There was some laughter and applause in the growing audience.

Walters: "When I heard what Kelly Carnes said about that little girl last night, it sickened me, and I hope it sickened all of you, too. The divisions and hatreds we've seen over the last few weeks and months, both here and across our State and Nation, are tearing us apart... and Kelly Carnes shows her hatred and rage by attacking a sweet little girl."

Walters: "My job is to prosecute persons committing crimes, regardless of their ethnicity, background, or circumstances. I don't want to prosecute people that are peacefully protesting, but when they break the law, when they commit crimes, especially crimes of violence, I must and I will do my job." Cheers broke out among some of the growing audience on the Square.

Miriam: "I will be contacting State and Federal authorities concerning the hate speech and civil rights abuses committed by Kelly Carnes last night, and I will work hard to have her punished to the fullest extent of the law. What she said is not free speech, but hate speech. I don't have tolerate it, and neither should you." There was applause in the crowd.

Sheriff Griswold: "I see some of you reporters getting bored back there. If you stick around, you'll definitely want to hear from the person that will be following me." That got the reporters's attention back, which had begun to flag, with some of them looking to get out of there. The man can read the room, I thought to myself.

Griswold: "I've said before that the greatest decision I ever made, except for asking my wife to marry me, was to hire Donald Troy into the Town & County Police Force. Donald Troy is the most brilliant Detective I have ever seen, and he has put some of the most despicable criminals of all ethnicities into prison, protecting all the good people of all ethnicities."

Griswold: "Donald Troy is more than just a Police Officer to me. He's family. And his children are the grandchildren I never had. And when I heard one of the most despicable human beings I've ever encountered, Kelly Carnes, calling Donald Troy's daughter a viciously racist slur just because she hates how good Donald Troy is, it made my blood boil. Kelly Carnes is a disgrace. A disgrace to the Council, a disgrace to this County, and a disgrace to all human beings! I call upon her to resign."

Griswold: "I'd like to bring up someone who loves Tasha Troy-Patterson as much as i do... because he really is her blood kin. Please welcome my good friend T-Square!"

Ripples of murmurs went through the reporters and the crowd as T-Square came up, wearing a well-fitting suite and tie, and wearing his trademark shades. After hugging Sheriff Griswold, he said: "I want to thank my good friend Sheriff Griswold for inviting me to speak to you. What I heard last night about what my sister's child was called was despicable."

T-Square: "And I'll tell you this: I love my niece, but nobody in this world loves that little girl more than her daddy does. Too many men in this world do not take care of their children, but that cannot be said of the Iron Crowbar. He is a wonderful father to his children, and an example for all fathers to follow."

Applause broke out in the crowd, then T-Square wrapped up: "I agree with Dr. Williams, that God's children of all races and creeds must move past their hatreds and the slights done to them and that they have done. Kelly Carnes can begin the process by resigning from the Town & County Council. Her presence and her despicable hate speech does nothing for blacks nor whites nor any of our precious children in this County. And now I'd like to ask my sister... .my blood sister... to say a few words."

Paulina came up and she and her brother hugged. Then she took the podium. "My brother and Dr. Williams are more forgiving than I am. Maybe it's because it's my daughter that was so cruelly attacked. Maybe it's because of the abuse which my daughter and I were subjected to by the late Lester Holder. I also demand that Kelly Carnes resign, but whether she does or not, I will be doing everything I can to have her charged with hate crimes for what she said about my daughter."

She looked around and said "Who's next?"

"Where's Commander Troy?" reporter Keith Madden shouted out. Astute Detectives will realize that it was right on cue.

"Glad you asked!" said the Sheriff briskly. He turned and looked up the steps and said "He's right there."

It was a solid entrance as Your Iron Crowbar appeared on the portico of City Hall, then began slowly descending the steps, carrying a most very special package: my special guest... my daughter Tasha. Everyone watched, just a little spellbound as we came down the stairs and to the podium.

I was going to hand Tasha to her mother, but the Sheriff came up to take her. But before he did, he whispered something to Tasha. She reached out and hugged me, then said loudly "I love you, Daddy!" and kissed me on the cheek.

Daddy's heart was thoroughly melted. "I love you, too, Little Love." I said, then kissed her cheek and handed her to the Sheriff. I held out the red crowbar and said "Hold this for me?" Tasha took the crowbar with the biggest, happiest smile she could possibly make. She had just stolen this whole show.

Just then, a 'cub' reporterette shouted "Aren't you ashamed of your white privilege?" There was a hush among the crowd, then a few hisses started up.

"I'm glad you asked that." I said enthusiastically. "I make no apologies for how I was born, and I think I can speak for Paulina when I say that we are raising our daughter to be proud of who she is, too." Paulina nodded vigorously in agreement as loud applause and cheers emanated from the crowd.

After it died down, I said "I consider it much more of a privilege to serve this Town & County as a Police Officer. In a day and age when the Police are attacked verbally and physically, when politicians and reporters not only use racist hate speech to call my daughter filthy names solely because she is my daughter, when hatred-filled politicians like Kelly Carnes demand Governments defund the Police, I stand here and say that I love my daughter unreservedly for the wonderful person she is, and I am proud to be one of the Thin Blue Line, and lead the greatest Police Officers in the world!"

There was more applause from the crowd, but the Press was tuning out, as they did not like what I was saying. I finished up: "So my full answer to you is that I'm white because I was born that way, and it is what it is... but I'm Blue because I want to be, and choose to be!"

The crowd applauded. The Press, most of them, looked utterly disgusted. And that pretty much ended the Press Conference...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I returned to Police Headquarters, a gauntlet of Officers and Detectives assigned to Headquarters had formed in the hallway, and I was subjected to a round of strong applause as I walked through it towards my office. At the end, I turned and said "Thank you all. Now let's get back to doing what we do best... serving and protecting, protecting and serving..."

Everyone laughed. Lt. Commander Croyle called out "Dismissed to your duties!" and followed me into my office as the gauntlet broke up. Captain Tanya Muscone was already parked on her dime (literally) in front of my desk.

"Dayum!" Teresa said as we sat down. "That was righteous!"

"It was more than righteous." said Chief Moynahan, who had followed me in, along with the Sheriff. "That... needed to be said, especially about being a Police Officer."

"I had to do something, sir." I said. "The Sheriff was trying to get me all emotional by having Tasha say that to me, and hug and kiss me." Our Sheriff's mustaches twitched most very merrily.

"You'll have to watch the DVR." said Teresa. "That came across very, very well."

"And the smile on her face when you handed her your crowbar?" Tanya added. "That was a 'wow' moment, too."

"So." I said. "For those of you that watched on TV, how effective was the presser, and the mini-speeches?"

"It will depend on who watched it." said Tanya. "KFXU carried it live, but KXTC didn't show a minute of it. They were showing Lionel Carmela make a total ass of himself."

Teresa said "You all gave Bill Redmond plenty of material to make campaign ads--- and speaking of that, where was Bill Redmond? That was the opportunity of a lifetime to verbally beat down his opponent Carnes."

Sheriff Griswold said "I called him and invited him, and I know J.P. Goldman did, as well. You're right, Teresa... he just wasted a huge opportunity, there."

"Where is Commander Ross?" asked Teresa.

"Right here!" a voice said from the anteroom, that being Cindy Ross. She was allowed to squeeze past people to get into the office, then said "Too many people in here."

"Commander Troy!" Tanya Muscone said loudly. "The size of your office is too small for all these people to fit in here!" That brought the house down...

Part 6 - The Gathering Storm

After everyone dispersed, I held a late Angels Meeting, with Cindy joining it.

"Let's watch some TV." the Green Crowbar said as she expertly used the remote to turn on my television monitor and bring up the DVR'd Press Conference on KXTC.

Breonna Bryant's parents were at a table, holding a photo of their daughter. They were dressed nicely, looking like the middle-class couple that they were. They were flanked by Dr. Lionel Carmela on their right, and their daughter's attorney Gwen Munson on their left. Stacey Jacobs was to Munson's left. The KXTC camera made sure to not show the Press pool, which only had three 'cubs'; it was a poorly attended Press conference.

"Thank you for coming, and thank you to KXTC and KSB for carrying this Press conference live." said Dr. Carmela. "I'm Dr. Lionel Carmela, head of the Political Science Department at the University. To my left are the parents of Breonna Bryant, and to their left is attorney Gwen Munson, and to Gwen's left is Stacey Jacobs, who was cheated out of her rightful win as the Democrat nominee for the Council seat held by illegitimate white Council Member Malinda Adams. We're here to make you aware of the racist abuse the cops and the D.A.'s Office are subjecting one of my most promising students to."

Carmela: "Breonna Bryant is majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with a 3.75 GPA. She is a model, active student, with no arrests nor even a speeding ticket, but she is being imprisoned without bail at County Jail. While exercising her First Amendment rights of Free Speech and Expression, and her right to Peaceably Assemble, Ms. Bryant was arrested by the racist thug cops under the command of racist cop Donald Troy and illegitimate White Nationalist Mayor Daniel Allgood. She was charged with Felony Murder just for raising her voice in protest of white cop brutality against innocent People of Color. Ms. Munson?"

Gwen Munson said in her deceptively sweet voice: "In addition to her First Amendment rights being brutally suppressed by white cops simply because she is a black woman, for her to be charged with Felony Murder, which is first degree murder in the commission of a felony, just for peacefully protesting the treatment of her People by racist white cops has to be a violation of the Eighth Amendment prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment. To even charge her with Felony Murder violates a multitude of my client's rights under the Constitution."

Stacy Jacobs was called upon, and said: "This is exactly why People of Color don't trust the American Injustice System. Whites whine about their rights, but when a Person of Color, and especially a promising black student, raises her voice in peaceful protest of Police brutality, the corrupt, racist Court system is used to suppress the rights of People of Color, and destroy their attempts to succeed and achieve greater things."