The Whole Nine Yards Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bryant's father went next: "We've always done everything the right way. We worked hard for what we earned. We raised our daughter to study hard, work hard, be respectful of the Law, and to make a difference in the world. We did everything right... and now that racist white cop Donald Troy is doing everything he can to destroy my daughter, to effectively end her life, just because she's a promising young black woman on the verge of success. And Donald Troy can't have that. He can't have a successful black person that is not in jackbooted lockstep with his racist white views!"

Breonna's mother said "I am praying that District Attorney Miriam Walters looks past her white privilege and considers what Donald Troy is trying to do to my daughter and other People of Color just because of the color of their skin. I beg District Attorney Walters to end this shameful charade, and give us true justice by dropping all charges against my daughter."

Carmela: "I agree, and let me reiterate: we call upon white District Attorney Miriam Walters to stop the racism being implemented against the 'Jacquez 200', to drop all charges against Breonna and the other 199 peaceful protesters, and to resign as District Attorney. I also call upon the Town & County Council to immediately terminate the employment of Donald Troy, who is leading the charge to violate the rights of Breonna and the other People of Color---"

*CLICK!*

I expertly used the remote to stop the DVR playback and shut off the television monitor. "I don't need to see any more of that to smell the sewer that is Carmela, Munson, and Jacobs." I said.

Teresa said "The parents sound like they've been 'radicalized', for lack of a better word."

i said "They were clearly coached by Carmela. It would've been better if he'd just have let them speak from their hearts."

Teresa replied: "That's my point... I think they were speaking from their hearts, and have imparted those 'values' into their daughter."

"Could be." I said, not wanting to argue the point at the moment.

"Just to pick nits," said Tanya. "Weren't there 202 arrests and charges being made?"

"Yes.:" I said. "And that's the perfect example of how the Media gets it wrong, then it becomes 'factual'. They rounded down bccause their slogan of the 'Jacquez 200' sounds better, and now everyone thinks it's 200 arrests and not 202. And that's why the Media lies and repeats the lie, knowing the lie will become ingrained, and the truth forgotten."

Cindy said "Captain Thompson is beginning to be swamped with calls from the the Media, and they aren't asking questions so much as demanding he publicly condemn you, Don, or else resign. To them, he's holding our line, but privately he has told me he's uncomfortable with the Felony Murder charge.

I nodded, then turned to Teresa: "How does the rank-and-file feel about it? Especially our black Officers?"

"I don't know yet." Teresa replied. "I think most of the guys of all ethnicities that were on the front lines that night, and have been on the front lines taking the crap from the thugs, don't have a real issue with it. They know you and Paulina are doing that to try and stop the violent protests."

Teresa said "Having said that, you just know that with the Media parading Bryant's parents in front of the cameras, chanting Carmela's dishonest talking points and telling people exactly what to think, the optics are going to be terrible, and people who want to believe their side won't stop for a minute to consider the actual truth."

Cindy said "That's my worry... the optics. And let's just say it goes to trial, and Bryant is convicted. It won't be a scripted, ginned-up riot then... it'll be for real, and it'll be very ugly."

"Yes, it will be... for the violent criminals." Teresa replied.

"Don't say things like that out loud." I admonished. "I want plausible deniability if anything actually does happen." Teresa nodded in understanding.

"There is one other thing." said Cindy. "KXTC didn't show it over the air, and I'm not sure why, but their raw feed showed Carmela praising Kelly Carnes for calling Tasha that racial epithet."

"KXTC has been doing all they can to bury that story." I said. "Maybe because Carnes is a Democrat in a contested Council race, or because it might remind people of their reporter Lester Holder's racist hate speech. But they're doing all they can to avoid it..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'And we are live!" said Connie Chen as the ladies of the Point Taken show sat down after filing in to the applause of the all-female audience. "We have a couple of competing stories out there, so lets get right to them."

"First," said Dana McMahon, the 'conservative' of the group, who was actually an Establishment Elitist, "condemnation of Town & County Councilwoman Kelly Carnes was strong and swift in coming after Ms. Carnes publicly called a biracial child a 'halfbreed' at last night's Town & County Council meeting. The child, who is the daughter of Assistant District Attorney Paulina Patterson, who is black, and Police Commander Donald Troy, who is white, has been subjected to that verbal abuse in the past, most notably from the late KXTC reporter Lester Holder. Let's watch."

Tape rolled, showing an edited cut of the press conference earlier that morning, and of course Tasha hugging and kissing her father, and receiving a kiss and a red crowbar in return.

After it ran, McMahon said "As you can see, rap superstar T-Square, who is ADA Patterson's brother, condemned Ms. Carnes, as did District Attorney Miriam Walters, with whom ADA Patterson had allegedly been feuding. Okay, guys, what do you make of this?"

"That was just despicable!" shouted Donna Roselle, who was black and a militant supporter of Police-hatred groups. "For that racist Donald Trump to use his daughter a s a prop to make political points is worse than anything Kelly Carnes said! And handing her that crowbar, which blacks consider to be the very symbol of Police brutality against People of Color? That was so low that the racist Donald Troy has to reach up to touch bottom!"

Some in the audience cheered strongly, as did Roselle's co-host Rosie Berkmar. But co-host Zara Zeigler, who was far and away the most beautiful woman on the set, looked disgusted with Roselle, and proceeded to call her out:

"Why are you trying to change the subject?" Zara said. "This is about what a Democrat Council Member called that adorable little girl. Kelly Carnes's words were pure racist hate speech, but you not only don't condemn it, you try to deflect from it."

"You damn right I did!" yelled Donna Roselle. "Donald Troy is the true racist there! And to use his daughter as a prop, and stage that hug? It's just despicable!"

"And the Democrats have never staged anything, have they?" Dana McMahon said witheringly. Roselle looked at her with pure disgust and derision in her eyes.

Zara Zeigler: "Even if it was staged, it was a powerful thing to see. You can't stage the love that little girl showed for her father. And if you say Donald Troy was using her as a prop, what was Kelly Carnes doing? Using that same little girl to attack her parents and exhibit pure racist hatred." The audience, some of them, anyway, applauded.

Connie Chen said "I want to ask this question to you, Rosie. Isn't there a double standard here? A black reporter, may he rest in peace, and now a white Democrat have called that girl that despicable name, and there's no universal condemnation from the Press nor Democrats. You know if a white person had called her that, it's all we'd be seeing on TV, and the condemnations would be ringing from coast to coast!"

Rosie Berkmar was white, but was overweight and boisterous. She said loudly "If her father weren't Donald Troy, a white supremacist and a rapist that had to be pardoned by White Nationalist Governor Val Jared, no one would be calling her anything. It's unfortunate that he is her father, but she's going to bear the brunt of the sins of her father."

"That's not what she asked you." Dana McMahon said. "She asked what the reaction would be if a Republican had said that about Paulina Patterson's daughter, in comparison to the lack of reaction by Democrats to Carnes's racist hate speech---"

"And we have to go to break!" said Connie Chen, interrupting Dana and saving Rosie Berkmar, whose face was becoming red with anger.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When they got back from break, Rosie Berkmar was the 'moderator'. She said "In what may be the biggest story of the day, the Town & County Police, led by white cops Chief Sean Moynahan and Commander Donald Troy, and Town & County District Attorney Miriam Walters, who is white, are charging the 200 peaceful protesters that were at the scene of the Block House when it was destroyed by an explosion with Felony Murder, which is first degree murder in the commission of a felony."

Rosie: "One of the People of Color being charged with murder just for protesting against Police brutality is Breonna Bryant. She's a Senior at the University, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with a 3.75 GPA, active in many groups on Campus as well as charity events. She has no prior criminal record, not even a speeding ticket. However, she was arrested at the scene of the Block House on the night it blew up, killing reporter Lester Holder, civil rights leader Jacquez Wilson, and six others. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing the gist of the Press conference, showing mostly the parents, but also some of Dr. Lionel Carmela talking. Afterwards, Rosie said " Okay, everyone, what does it say when a young woman speaks up in protest of white Police brutality against People of Color, exercises her First Amendment rights, and gets charged with murder?!"

Donna Roselle: "It's just another example of the White Elites using the Power of Police to crush the hopes of all People of Color! This is a smart, beautiful young woman, the daughter of successful parents, who is doing well in School and will have success in life... but the MINUTE she opens her mouth in protest of what racist white cops like Donald Troy are doing to blacks, they go after her! And they mean to destroy her, to show that blacks will not be allowed to succeed in this racist country!" Some in the audience applauded loudly.

Zara Zeigler said "First of all, we need to report the facts accurately, here. ADA Paulina Patterson, who is black, is prosecuting these 202 cases... not 200, but 202... and she has told the Media that on many occasions. Second, Breonna Bryant was arrested previously, during a protest that turned violent at the Town & County Courthouse, but that case hasn't been adjudicated in Court, so technically she has no record yet. And third, she clearly was in the ring of 200 people preventing the Police from exercising an arrest warrant for Jacquez Wilson, which was not peaceful in any way, and she was charged with several felonies as a result."

Connie Chen: "But to be charged with murder? Really? There is no way she could have known that there were explosives in the Block House, and several black civil rights leaders have cited FBI findings that suggest Police fired a missile into building. That's not Breonna Bryant's fault nor doing."

Dana McMahon: "The Media narrative here is misleading and even dishonest. As Zara pointed out, Paulina Patterson is the one prosecuting these cases, and my sources tell me that this is her doing, not D.A. Walters's doing---"

"Walters is the D.A!" yelled Donna Roselle. "It's her Office! She's Paulina's boss, and she could order Paulina to drop these charges!"

"I let you have your rant," Dana McMahon said, her voice angry, "so let me finish my points." As Connie Chen silently 'shushed' Roselle, McMahon continued: "It's Paulina Patterson who is prosecuting these cases, but the Media never mentions her because they're trying to create a narrative, and a false one, that it's all whites against only blacks, and for purely racial reasons."

Dana McMahon: "The second thing the Media is doing is cherrypicking. There were over two hundred people arrested, many who had been arrested before for violently protesting, and this girl was one of those. She'll have her day in Court, but the Media is singling her out as being some sort of victim, and making it sound like she was singled out. She's not a victim; no one forced her to be at the Block House obstructing the Police from arresting a drug pusher who was alleged to have raped and beaten a female Police Officer---"

"But murder?" Connie Chen repeated. "Isn't that piledriving her into the ground? And would she be getting charged with murder if she weren't black?"

Dana: "Again, 200 people are being charged with that, not just her. The Police did not single her out for arrest nor prosecution, but the Media is singling her out to make her a sympathetic figure, and they are dishonestly reporting about it to create a false narrative---"

"SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO PROTEST AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY!" Donna Roselle yelled, almost coming out her chair.

"NOT LIKE THAT, SHE DOESN'T!" Dana fired back. " And if she didn't want to be charged with crimes, she should not have been there committing crimes!---"

"Let's go to break." said Connie Chen...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Dana is spot-on." said Tanya Muscone as she, Teresa, and I watched the DVR'd segments. "I'm surprised they even let that make it to the airwaves."

"Roselle tried hard to stop it." I said. "And I've noticed during the few times I watch that show that they always have Dana go last, then Connie Chen goes to break to cut Dana off. And she did that again today." Tanya nodded vigorously in agreement.

Teresa said: "At least a little bit of both sides got through. Channel Two News is presenting only one side of the Bryant case, and they're not reporting on Kelly Carnes at all."

Tanya said "Don, I have to say this: I know that technically you and Paulina are correct in making the felony murder charges, but looking at what the Media is doing, they are winning the optics game, and winning it big. No matter what you do, you're going to come out looking bad. Persist in the charges, and you're hammering a promising young woman because she's black. Drop or reduce the charges, and they'll say you capitulated. And if you drop the murder charge just on her, the other 201 will have a field day in Court with it."

I nodded and said "You're right, and that's the trap the Media is laying. They simply cannot have violent protesters held accountable for their crimes. And yeah, felony murder is a triphammer of a charge, but it's proper and correct, and will be a huge deterrent to more violence in the future... at least in this County. And the Media has to have that violence... they're not going to get ratings showing peaceful protests day after day after day."

I continued: "And I'll add that the optics game is one the Left almost always wins, especially with the agenda-driven, totally dishonest Media fully on their side if not leading them. Try to cut spending even a little bit, and the Democrats yell 'Draconian spending cuts that hurt minorities!'. Try to stop Illegal Immigration so that Americans, especially black Americans, can have the jobs? You're a racist. Try to enforce the law? Well, you see what they're doing with that, these days."

"Strong letter to follow." Teresa said. A red crowbar was waved in her general direction. She then said "So what do we do now?"

"We see how things play out." I said. "And you might be surprised to hear this, but I might be willing to relent and drop the felony murder charge against this girl if we really need to. But she's going to have to accept a felony record, for consorting with that Socialist thug Carmela if nothing else."

"In the meantime," I said, straightening up in my chair as an indicator this meeting was about to conclude, "I think I need to concentrate on Kelly Carnes. This is a big chance to get her off the Council..."

Part 7 - Pushing and Pushback

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Thursday, July 17th, from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with Police Headquarters in the distant background. "Police Commander Donald Troy weighs in on our County's controversial issues!"

Bettina began: "As the fallout over charging University student Breonna Bryant with felony murder charges grows, Katina Jones, candidate for the Council seat held by Reginald B.F. Lewis, made this statement yesterday. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Katina addressing the Media: "I have asked Commander Donald Troy and ADA Paulina Patterson to meet with me to help me understand the seeming overkill of the felony murder charges against Breonna Bryant. While she was in the group of 200 that were illegally obstructing the Police from arresting drug pusher Jacquez Wilson, like many of you I question the necessity of destroying her life with the murder charge."

Bettina live: "An hour later, Commander Troy gave a Press conference at Police Headquarters. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Your Iron Crowbar at the podium of the Press Room, saying "I don't understand why Bill Redmond, Kelly Carnes's opponent in the race for her Council seat, did not join our presser this morning. I have confirmed that at least two people invited Mr. Redmond, but he did not show up. I call upon Bill Redmond to publicly denounce Kelly Carnes for her racist hate speech, and to affirm that her hateful words and actions are abhorrent to good Citizens of all ethnicities."

Your Iron Crowbar; "I also am aware of Katina Jones's request for a meeting, and I will be glad to meet with her to discuss her concerns about the case of Breonna Bryant and the other 201 persons that were arrested obstructing the Police from serving a warrant to arrest Jacquez Wilson. I can't speak for ADA Patterson, but I will work with her as well as Ms. Jones's Campaign people to arrange a time and place to meet, hopefully as early as today or tomorrow."

Back to Bettina live: "Channel Two News has learned that that meeting is scheduled for this morning. Meanwhile, neither Bill Redmond nor his Campaign have responded to repeated request for comment on Commander Troy's call for him to condemn his opponent Kelly Carnes."

Bettina: "And the Black Community is becoming increasingly outraged over the crushing overcharging of the 'Jacquez 200' that were arrested on the night the Block House exploded. After Breonna Bryant's parents's press conference yesterday with her Faculty Advisor, Dr. Lionel Carmela, and her attorney, Gwen Munson of Prodder, Ryder & Reems, P.C., black civil rights leaders and Social Justice groups are demanding that District Attorney Miriam Walters drop all charges against those arrested, and that she resign from the D.A. position. They are also calling for ADA Paulina Patterson to resign..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Damn!" exclaimed Sheriff Griswold as we watched and drank coffee in the Main Conference Room. "Crowbar, you are one Machiavellian son of a ... gun." I grinned at that.

"I agreeeeeee." said Chief Sean Moynahan. He had joined us, as had my Angels and Captain Tanya Muscone's Lieutenants Three, ADA Paulina Patterson and Captain Damien Thompson, Press Relations Officer.

"So do I, but why do you say that, Sheriff?" asked Commander Cindy Ross.

"He got them to talk about what Kelly Carnes said," growled the Sheriff, "by taking that potshot at Bill Redmond. They could've edited that out, but KXTC was so eager to show Don slamming the Republican running against Carnes, they allowed the Carnes story to be discussed."

Cindy said "Oh, you didn't force KXTC to agree to that, in exchange for having a presser in the first place?"