The Whole Nine Yards Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't even know why they were asking me that question." Katina said.

"So that they can call you a traitor to your race, and whatever they call female 'Uncle Tims'... er, 'Uncle Toms'." I said, the 'Uncle Tim' reference being what Democrats called black U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R - South Carolina) on the Unsocial Media platforms.

I continued: "Watch for Edgar Silas to really ramp up race-based attacks on you, especially when your poll numbers go up."

"I agree with that." growled J.P. Goldman with a touch of anger in his voice.

Captain Thompson said "So you're going to talk to Breonna Bryant, Commander?"

"Yes." I said. "This afternoon. I'd like for you to come and watch from the anteroom, Katina. And you're welcome to come, too, Captain Thompson. I'm not giving the Chief permission to be there, though."

"Heh heh heh heh." drawled the Chief, knowing I was kidding him. "Good thing I don't neeeeed your permission, Mr. Crowbarrrrr." I chuckled at that...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Breonna Bryant's attorney Gwen Munson had insisted we transport her to Police Headquarters for my meeting with her, which most Police Officers would call an 'interrogation'. So we did... in the bulletproof ambulance, courtesy of the TCEMS. The decoy Police paddywagon we sent out was not molested. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Maybe not.

Bryant and Munson were in I-1, and Joan Laurer was the Uniformed presence... which is why she was wearing a Uniform instead of plainclothes this morning, and at my request.

Paulina and I went in as Katina, Captain Thompson, and Commander Cindy Ross watched from the anteroom, and the Chief joined several others, including Captain Tanya Muscone, in the Monitor Room to watch.

I was wearing my standard uniform without jacket: blue shirt, soft shoulderboards with one embroidered silver star just above an embroidered thin gold bad at the end, and the 'boxes', metal-rimmed ribbons denoting my multiple MOVs and Purple Orders, and also the Distinguished Service Medal. Paulina was wearing a dark gray jacket and skirt with tiny pink threads interwoven, and a pink blouse.

I read Bryant her rights from the card. She didn't answer when I asked if she understood the rights. Gwen Munson said "she understands the rights."

"I'd like to hear her say that herself." I replied, peering at Bryant. She still said nothing, but I noticed something in her dark eyes... she had been trying to hide it, but the beginnings of derision were showing themselves. That was 'Strike One', I thought to myself.

"Ms. Bryant," I said, "by all accounts, you're a good student from a good family, active in the community, do good charitable work, and until now you've never been charged with anything. So why have you been arrested not once but twice for participating in violent demonstrations."

"Don't answer that." said Gwen Munson in her extremely deceptively sweet voice. She said to me and Paulina "My client has every right to Peaceably Assemble, and to protest Police brutality against People of Color, as well as her Right of Free Speech."

I said "Like yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theater, she doesn't have the right to violently demonstrate, which is what was going on when she was arrested... both times. So again I ask, Ms. Bryant, and in an effort to understand you, why were you part of the group encircling the Block House and illegally obstructing the Police, which may just lead to the destruction of your future career and even your life?"

"There's no Death Penalty for Felony Murder." said Gwen Munson.

"But life in prison without possibility of parole might as well be." Paulina said. "And that's what the sentence will be when she's convicted."

I said "Ms. Bryant... Breonna... I just want to understand. Your parents are successful, middle class. No arrests themselves. And you've been a model student for a child of any ethnicity while in school. I hope my daughters make the good grades you did."

Not a flicker in Bryant's eyes as she looked dully at me. I went on:

"I need to understand, if you want me to help you." I said. "Did Police Officers hurt you as a child? Hurt your parents?" No answer.

I took out a folder from Paulina's briefcase and took out some photos. "They guy you were protecting... he did this to this woman." The photos were the ones of Inga. Katina Jones had been horrified. Gwen Munson, bless her heart, looked sick. Breonna Bryant looked as if she could not have cared less.

"Are you really okay with that, Breonna?" I asked. "Protecting the thug that we can prove did that to this woman? If that were you, or your mother, or your best friends... would you have protected that slug that did this?"

Breonna Bryant's dark eyes had become jet. They finally flickered to life as she looked at me, then Paulina, and said: "All my friends are black, not white like that Cracker bitch. She got what she deserved." That would be 'Strike Two', and it looked like she'd chosen to go down swinging.

Gwen whispered something into Bryant's ear. Whatever it was, it didn't work. Hatred grew in Bryant's eyes as she peered at me.

"So," Bryant said, "you two racists are the parents of that worthless little halfbreed, aren't you?"

Gwen looked shocked, and said "Breonna! You can't say that!"

"Yes I can." said Bryant defiantly, the hatred showing clearly now. "In fact, let me be clear. I support what Lester Holder and Kelly Carnes said about your worthless little piece of shit. She's not even a human fucking being. She's a God-cursed halfbreed!"

Paulina was looking at Breonna Bryant in shock. For me, it was 'Strike Three', swinging.

"I've seen what I came to see." I said to Paulina. "I think we're done here." With that, I got up to go. Paulina took the time to get the photos and put them in her briefcase, then followed me back out.

As we walked down the hall, I said to Katina "Did you hear that?"

"Yes." Katina said, in shock and nearly in tears. "I can't defend her any more, not after that."

Katina and J.P. Goldman left. Paulina and I were in the Chief's Office.

"Welllll, Mis-ter Crowbarrrr." said the Chief. "I think I know what I'm about to hear."

"Yes, Chief." I said. I turned to Paulina and said " Give her the whole nine yards!"

To be continued.