The Worst Day(s) of My Life: Day 01

Story Info
Sylvia relives the same humiliating day again and again.
20.8k words
4.65
19k
50
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 03/09/2024
Created 02/29/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She woke up before her alarm went off, well-rested and refreshed from yesterday. There was something very satisfying about rolling out of bed and turning off your alarm before it had the chance to let out it's horrific noise. As if to say that you'd beaten back some cosmic force that was setting out to ruin your dream.

Sylvia set her phone back on its nightstand and stretched. Cool air filled her lungs as the first few rays of sunshine filtered through the tree outside her room and onto her face. It gave a contrasting warmth that did more to wake her up than any amount of coffee could do.

Spring was when the Earth woke up from its long winter nap - and it had the same effect on people. She felt almost as though she had to greet the morning sun and walked to her window to do so, bare legs sliding off the bed and scampering across the wooden floor of her bedroom.

She let out the long sigh of a beautiful sight as she took in the sunrise - fresh dew on the grass, flowers beginning to open up, the birds chirping with a fluttery glee.

One of those birds, flying overhead somewhere, pooped right on the collar of her pajama shirt.

Some cultures called this good luck, but Sylvia only called it gross.

She stripped off the shirt and considered tossing it in the hamper, but when she saw that it was empty, changed her mind and brought it with her into the bathroom so it could soak in the sink. It wouldn't do to have a stinky garment festering at the bottom of that pile for the next week until her mother did laundry again. A quick scrub would make it clean enough to be dirty again, and she was headed for the bathroom anyway.

While waiting for the shower to heat up, she took a glance in the mirror; The straight black hair halfway down her back didn't have a strand out of place - the opposite of the bedhead she usually had to spend minutes untangling in the morning. In fact, were it not for the small speck of bird poo running down her D cup breasts, she'd have a nearly flawless look to her.

She washed herself off in the shower, taking extra time to scrub at her collarbone until not only the bird's 'present' had gone away, but the feeling of dirtiness it left behind as well. She considered whether or not to wash her hair as well, and ultimately decided that the risk of tangles from the blow-drier was acceptable to make sure it looked its best. Today was a very big day, after all.

Her senior prom.

She had everything ready for this big day. The right dress, the right date, and her garage band even got permission to perform at the end of the night, after prom king and queen were announced (although this was likely because hiring a professional band would be outside the planning committee's budget.)

Her band-mates were just a couple of long-time friends/classmates. Monica was somebody she'd only met recently after the girl moved over partway through their Sophomore year, but the two got along immediately when they both learned of their similar musical tastes and the fact that Monica played drums while she was a decent guitarist.

The other band member was Lucas, the pianist, doubling as her prom-date. They'd known each other since their parents set them up on play-dates together as infants. Lucas and Sylvia went to the same schools, took the same classes, and eventually fostered the same interests. They were practically siblings, and she certainly viewed him that way.

Sylvia shut off the water and wiped her hair out of her face, feeling around for the towel. And then feeling a little further. And then touching bare wall.

Right. Today was laundry day.

She scraped off whatever water she could and gently stepped out onto the tiles of the bathroom, dripping wet the entire way.

"Mom?" she shouted down the hall.

No response.

Not a great way to start the day, but she wouldn't let it ruin anything. Sylvia crossed her arms over her chest and exited the bathroom, her wet feet splashing beneath the water that she dragged along with her. She'd have to dry the floor eventually, although when 'eventually' was was still unknown as the bus was only a few minutes out.

The laundry room was just past the kitchen. She heard the sound of her mother's voice in the kitchen but shrugged it off. Maybe she'd flash her parent, but it was her mother's own fault that she started laundry so suddenly.

"Mom, are the towels clean, yet?"

"No, hun, they're in the washer right now."

"What? I don't have anything to dry off with!"

"Err... I guess there are some dish towels I missed since they're mostly decorative. Just grab a handful and take 'em upstairs."

"Fine. I'll use those."

Sylvia rounded the corner and saw her mother, seated at the table with her laptop in front of her - she had her back to her daughter as she clicked a few things and began apologizing for muting herself.

She grabbed a handful of frilly towels that felt pretty useless for anything other than looking nice. Phrases like 'We love our kitchen' or 'There's no place like home' adorned them which Silvia scoffed at as she continued to drip. She grabbed a few and began patting down her chest as she prepared to leave. Then she heard a voice from her mother's laptop.

"Er... Mrs. Allen. Your daughter is on camera and uh..."

Sylvia froze. Her mother turned to look at her.

"Oh my god!" They both exclaimed at once. Sylvia covered her nudity as well as she could with the tiny towels while her mother's hands covered the camera capturing her.

"You didn't tell me you had already showered! I was in a meeting!"

"You didn't tell me you were in a meeting with your camera on!"

Sylvia winced at her mom, who then gazed down at the floor that was rapidly filling with a puddle.

"Oh, you're getting the floor all wet... Just- just go back to the bathroom, I'll get it later!"

"Uuugh." was all Sylvia could let out as she paced out of the kitchen and retreated to her room.

Great. A bunch of Mom's old-man coworkers had seen her naked. Hopefully that laptop camera was low-resolution enough that they couldn't make anything crucial out, but the fact that she was called out was still embarrassing.

Some of those coworkers had come to the house on occasion, mostly as her mother tried to impress them with how well she could balance keeping her home and work lives separate but equally well-done. At first, her mother would bring Sylvia out in her best outfit to show off to all the people she was entertaining, but as Sylvia got older she would more frequently be sent to Lucas' house instead so as not to embarrass her mother.

I guess even when company isn't over, she still finds a way to embarrass everyone.

Sylvia had managed to dry off as well as possible considering her equipment and changed into a decent outfit. She wore a wide-necked cream-colored shirt with a single bra-strap showing on her shoulder alongside a matching cream skirt that went down past her knees a considerable amount. She felt it was a very 'spring'-like with the skirt saying "It's a pleasure to meet you" while the top said "Your son calls me Mommy, too".

She ran down the hallway, nearly slipping in her own puddle from before and only managing to barely cling to the wall for support. Her knee took a slight bang from where it hit the ground, but she sprang back up. Sylvia was already running late today, she couldn't stop to be in pain. A quick-decision paired some high-heeled sandals with the outfit, a decision reached because they were next to the front door.

The bus picked students up only a few blocks away from her house. Moments like this made her wish she had a car of her own, but between the terrible traffic at her high school and the fact that Lucas already had a car and was content with driving her when and wherever she asked, it never really seemed that necessary to get one.

The bus drove past her as she lightly jogged along the sidewalk, the stop still a block away. She tried to pick up the pace so the driver wouldn't go on without her until she felt a stabbing sensation in her ankle as she fell to the ground.

"Shoot!" Sylvia screamed as she collapsed on the floor, the heel to her left shoe tumbling into the grass next to her. She scooped up the piece of cheap rubber and got back up, awkwardly limping ahead. The bus doors were right in front of her when the sound of air hissing filled her ears.

The bus began to move away.

"Wait!" She yelled, as if the driver could hear her over the noise of all the students behind him.

There was one more tugging sensation as she fell to the ground once more.

"Stupid shoe!" she cursed, squeezing the rubber in her hand as she looked down at the faulty footwear that fell her flat. But it wasn't only the shoe missing something.

Her legs were bare.

Sylvia looked up at the bus as it faded into the distance, a cream-white garment caught in the doors, waving around like a flag of surrender.

"No, no, no, wait!" She shouted, far too late for it to matter.

Sylvia got to her feet, awkwardly balancing on her good foot as she surveyed the situation. She had no skirt, the white underwear she chose that morning exposed to the elements. A car drove past, honking its horn at the bottomless girl. She pulled her bag in front of her legs as she began to run in the opposite direction. She would have to get a ride from Mom if she still wanted to get to school.

Although it was already late morning, the wonderful weather meant that a few people were still out walking dogs and such. A few people stopped in their tracks, eager animals tugging on the leash unaware of the spectacle that meekly dashed past them. Sylvia felt so many gazes on her bare legs that she wasn't sure where to hold the bag to cover everything. Eventually she settled on the front, as it was easier to run with your hands in front of you.

Home was still a few houses away. Some neighbor called out a greeting to her as she passed by which she forced herself to ignore, though the mocking tone in his voice was still clear to hear. Then, she noticed a familiar car to the side.

Sylvia dropped her modesty cover and waved both arms to flag it down.

"MOM! STOP!"

The vehicle pulled over for her.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Her mother shouted.

"The - the bus, my skirt... I - I need a ride to school!" She was exhausted. Something about running while people mocked you was so much more tiring.

"Slow down, slow down!" Her mother unlocked the doors. "Just get in and explain on the way before Mr. Shien thinks you're a pervert."

Once seated, Sylvia was able to relax a bit. She filled her mother in on the situation about the broken heel and the torn-off skirt as her Mom simply nodded along.

"Anyway, can we go back home? I really wanna change into something else." Sylvia finished.

"No, hun, I can't do that today." Her mother sighed.

"I got called into the office today during that meeting that you, er, crashed. On top of the fact that 'Somebody' tracked water all over the floor that I had to clean up."

"But Mom,"

"I'm already strapped for time. I can't turn around and drive you home, wait for you to change, then turn around, drop you off all the way at your school, then somehow make it to work while I still have good standing at my company."

"Mom, I'm basically naked here!"

"Don't talk like that." Her mother sighed. "I'm not sending you to school in your underwear, what kinda parent do you think I am? There's a gym bag in the car, I should have a pair of pants in there you can use."

Sylvia sighed. "Thanks, I guess."

"You're welcome, I guess." Her mother sighed back.

Changing in a moving vehicle was no easy matter. Sylvia had to crawl over the console to get to the back seat, mooning whoever was in front of the car in the process. But it was a small inconvenience for getting something to wear again. Even if that something was...

"Mom, what the hell is this?"

"What? They're my workout clothes."

"Yeah but it's a bit-"

"Oh shoot." Her mother slapped her forehead. "I started up the laundry and didn't even think to wash them."

"Mom, it's not the smell," Sylvia assured her, although the smell certainly contributed to her issues. "It's the fact that you've only got tights in here."

"Well I do yoga. What am I supposed to wear, baggy jeans?"

"I'm just saying, you said you had pants."

"Look, you're putting them on anyway, right?"

Her mom was right. Sylvia, for all her complaining, had in fact put the tights on. She winced as the elastic snapped against her waist which was much wider than her mother's.

"Jeez, I guess those yoga classes really work." Sylvia joked. Hopefully humor would make the situation much better. "I can barely fit into these."

"Well, I've invited you to go with me before but you always-"

There was a loud crash.

"Ah! Crap!" Her mother screamed.

As she was trying to pull in to the parking lot, she had collided with a car parked extremely illegally near the turn.

Sylvia got her bearings back around her and looked at the damage. But she also saw that the school was only a few blocks away.

"Mom, I'm gonna get out here, okay loveyoubye!" Sylvia shut the car door before her mother could say anything else and headed towards her school.

She sauntered awkwardly down the sidewalk, the uneven length of her shoes making a consistent pace hard to come by as her legs were squeezed by the tights her mother gave her. In this outfit, every curve of her lower body was obvious, but thankfully her oversized shirt was enough to cover the more important bits. She never imagined being one of those girls who wore leggings as if they were pants, but it was a hell of a lot better than going to school bottomless.

But when her leg gave out from under her and she nearly re-smashed her knee again, Sylvia decided that enough was enough and she'd simply remove the heel from her other shoe.

But there was a horrible noise when she bent down to take it off. A horrible, tearing noise.

"Heh, nice." A student from behind her said as she stood upright again.

She turned around so her back was no longer facing him and grabbed at her butt. There was an obvious tear directly down the center of her butt - that much she could feel.

"Great. First the skirt, now this?" She thought. "At least I can sort of cover this with my bag."

She tossed the other rubber heel into her bag as she moved it around to cover her from the rear, walking to school with one arm behind her to make sure it stayed in place.

She was able to make it to her usual hangout spot near a side entrance where the rest of her friends were waiting for her. Lucas looked up, then immediately looked down, then flinched backwards.

"That's a... bold choice of attire, today."

"It's not really by choice. Kind of a long story." She defended herself.

Monica sprang up at the sound of the voice and lunged towards Sylvia, giving her a great bear hug.

"Sorry, no hugging today. These pants are super ripped in the back." she told her friend.

"I'll just squeeze twice as hard, then!" Monica made good on her word before letting go.

"So what's this long story?" Lucas asked as Sylvia carefully sat down. "We've a few minutes before the bell."

Sylvia sighed and filled them in, sparing a few of the details as she didn't want to make herself look too bad.

"Ah, your Mom was so nice to take you here today." Lucas said, half sarcastically. "My mom probably would've just killed me the second I missed the bus."

"Do you wanna go to my car?" Monica offered. "I've got a spare pair of clothes in there."

"No thanks. If they're your clothes, I doubt they'd fit me."

It was true. Monica was about a head shorter than Sylvia and about three cup bra sizes smaller as well. Her short, unkempt brown hair was in a stark contrast to Sylvia's long black hair (although it was about as messy considering the morning she'd had). She took the comment in stride rather than as the insult it wasn't meant to be.

"But enough about my morning. Let's talk about something nice, like tonight." Sylvia changed the subject. "How're we feeling about playing prom?"

"Great!" Monica pumped a fist into the air.

"Nervous." Lucas stuttered.

But Lucas was always nervous. He had the eternal appearance of a starving mouse, glasses that made his eyes look bigger than they truly were and dirty brown hair that he kept combed to one side. He seemed to shake a bit whenever he had to answer a question in class and always had some kind of anxiety you could tell he was forcing down. Sylvia may not have had a biological younger brother, but she certainly had one in spirit.

"Do you think you're gonna win prom queen?" Monica had a glint in her eye, like she really believed it.

"Of course not. Elizabeth has it in the bag." Sylvia waved a hand dismissively.

"Ah, prom queen. Apparently this school's monarchy is something that can be bought and sold." Lucas kicked back. "How much do you think her daddy paid for it?"

The three laughed at the joke and the imagined misfortunes of their shared enemy as the bell rang. Sylvia sighed as she prepared for what was going to be a long day.

And then, another tear.

"Ohmygod! Your bra!" Monica gasped.

"Ah, no!" Sylvia looked at her bare shoulder and noticed the strap of her bra had ripped. Bits of fabric were connected to a hinge on the locker she had been leaning against.

"Shoot. I'm just gonna have to take it off."

"Take it... off, you just... ohhh." Lucas was flustered. "I'mgonnago."

He leaned into a fast walk and left the hallway. The rest of the students nearby also left to attend their first class, and as the hallway emptied, Sylvia decided to simply unhook her bra and slide it out from beneath her shirt right there.

"Somebody could've seen that!" Monica winced.

"Yeah, you." Sylvia teased. "I bet you're jealous I can do that without taking off my shirt."

"Yeah- no- yeah- I mean." Monica stuttered. "Shut up."

The two left the hallway and went to class together, Sylvia careful to keep her bag behind her the whole way. She may have gotten a few odd looks here and there because of how she was walking (her arms sort of gave away the fact that she was hiding something) but it was better than flashing everybody behind her. Her breasts bounced boobily without a bra on, but the shirt was loose enough to ensure that there wasn't any obvious outline of a nipple.

She was early to her first class, eager to sit down on her torn tights before anybody else could see what color underwear she had on. She got out all her notes and flipped the textbook to the page on the board, noticing that considerably fewer pages were assigned than usual.

The teacher, Mr. Geraldo, explained that this was due to it being Prom Friday. He knew that nobody would be paying full attention so he only included a half lesson (although with his monotone voice, it wasn't as though students would be paying much attention anyway). Little niceties like this warmed her heart, making the day just a little bit better considering how awful the start was.

She was slow to leave the class when the bell rang, making a show out of carefully gathering up all her materials so she wouldn't be the first out of class, her butt exposed to everybody who was still seated.

But the walk to gym class wasn't great. By now, the tear had grown to cover most of the back, only the elastic was holding the fabric in place at the top while the bottom seam was slowly working it's way down to her crotch. Sylvia's bag was no longer enough to keep everything covered; The giggles from behind her as she walked the hallway made that clear.

But Gym class started a new opportunity. Her gym uniform would make for a more appropriate covering to get her through the rest of the day - sure it wasn't remotely fashionable, but it wasn't an unusual article to wear to class. And if she had to choose between loose basketball shorts and a rapidly falling-apart pair of workout tights, she'd happily take the former.