The Wrong Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But, I screwed up. You caught me with Brad. I was breaking up with him. I tried every way I could to get hold of you. I essentially camped outside your apartment waiting for you to come home and beg for forgiveness. It wasn't until graduation that I learned you'd left. You weren't there.

"I thought it was the biggest mistake of my life. But it kind of turned out OK, didn't it? You had Cara, who was perfect for you. Cara from whom I beg forgiveness every day for the way I treated her at graduation and failed to recognize what a truly remarkable person she was. I miss her every day, Nate.

"And you have two beautiful daughters.

"And I got my money, clothes, fancy condo on Central Park, got to meet the rich and famous. The things I thought were important. But I learned that none of it was important. None of it was the real me.

"I'm still learning who I am, but for the first time, I'm happy. Happy, Nate. Happy in my little dorm room with no salary. Happy doing what I'm doing. But...

Crying harder. "But I..." Getting up. "No! I'm not going to do it. I have to go Nate. I was just going to help you with the business." She started to slide past him, but he snagged her arm.

"Not going to do what, Ashe?"

"Nate. Nate." Mopping her face with her free sleeve. 'Oh, Nate. I told you I made the choice to go all in for you. Heart, mind, spirit. 100%." Sobbing. "And they're still yours. All yours, Nate. All this time later. It's just like it was before. Like it was just yesterday. I have dreams of you every night! I...

"Damn! I promised myself I wouldn't do this, I would get over you, but then I ran into you and...I'm sorry. I'm sorry! Sorry about everything!

"Nate! It rips me apart just looking into those eyes of yours. To imagine all of the pain you must have. Me. Your mom. Cara. I just want to clutch you to me and make the pain go away some how. Make it all better. Dammit, Nate. I love you. I still love you more than anything. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. I'll..."

She started to pull away, to leave, tears dripping from her cheeks. He blocked her way. "Please, Nate. Just let me go." Instead, he pulled her around and pulled her in. Their lips met. Tongues immediately touched and caressed each other. She groaned.

Their kissing became more urgent. More insistent. More tears, but tears of joy replacing some of those spawned by pain and regret. She moaned as she felt his arms, shoulders, back. Trying to feel all of him at once. Frightened that he would start fading, like in her dreams. His beard tickled her face. Soft. Warm. Welcoming.

He squeezed her against his chest, his big hands wrapped around her back. He broke the kiss and gently started kissing and using his lips to nibble on her ear. Then kissed her neck and slid down to the hollow at the base. She loved it. The same things that made her so excited years ago.

She took his hand and put it on her left breast. He started to massage. Gently, but firmly. "Oh, God, Nate. How I've longed for that. I swear my lady parts are going to burst out of my pants and grab you. Are you sure?" In answer, he pulled her shirt from her slacks and slid a hand along her belly, ducked beneath the bra and slid it up and off her breast. She popped free.

"Oh, Nate! Oh, oh, Nate" she in turn lowered her hand and felt his cock through his pants. Already hard and jammed up against his clothes. She fumbled for his zipper, reached in and felt it through his shorts. She groaned again. "Oh, Nate! How I longed to touch this guy. You just don't know."

She tried, and failed to pull it through the flap. "I give up. Get those pants down, Nate." He dropped his hands, but kept their lips attached as he unbuckled, unbuttoned and started to slide them down. She used her hands to hook his shorts and pushed his pants and shorts down together, then grabbed his cock.

She groaned. "Oh, Nate. It's marvelous." She gently, slowly pulled then pushed, stroking his cock. Don't want to go too hard. I have other plans for this fella.

She pushed him away and slid her slacks and thong down, then pulled him towards her again. He reached down and probed her slit. She shuddered as he slid a finger between her full lips. "Naaaate!" She shook and rocked her pelvis towards his hand as she orgasmed.

She leaned back on the desk and pulled him towards herself. Spreading her legs she lined his cock up and pulled. "Ashe? Do I need a..."

"No. Shit no. Just slide in. Please! Please!" Her legs were spread, but hanging in the air. She lifted them and put them on his shoulders and guided his cock where it belonged. "Oh, God, Nate. Thank you! A thousand times thank you."

He moved forward. Back. Forward. Deeper. Back. Finally burying it to the hilt. She groaned again. Leaning forward, he pulled her shirt up to gain better access to her breasts and sucked her nipple into his mouth. "Nate! Nate! Oh, shit. You can't imagine how I have...My dream..."

The night desk man was making his rounds. What the hell is that noise. I know that woman, Ashe is it, has been working late but it sounds like she's moving furniture or something. Maybe she needs a hand. He peeked through the curtained window next to the door. Shit! It's the boss and that woman! What the hell? I better get back to the desk, but...Crap! I have to talk to Olivia about this when my shift is done.

Faster. Harder. His own urgency and need meeting hers. She shuddered and groaned again, but he continued. She could sense him getting close and felt herself building in time with him. He shoved hard, lost his rhythm, made a noise in the back of his throat as streams filled her.

Feeling his climax, she herself crested the wave, felt it's waves of pleasure and then went still, just as he did.

She pulled him close and they kissed. "Incredible! Ten times better than ever I imagined. Thank you. Nate, I know the situation is complicated. I never intended to, well, do this. I put all my cards out on the table. You know what I want, I think. I know I just showed up out of the blue. So what happens next is totally up to you.

"Crap, Nate. The girls! You, we, need to check on them! They're too young to be left alone, aren't they? I mean, I don't have any...and you're their father..... Uh, you know best. Sorry."

"No, you're right. Let's go check on them."

"We? You mean I can come with you?"

"Yes, Ashe. You've always had a way of complicating my life. Why stop now?"

"OK. Give me a hand up and for heavens sake. I think my legs are broken. I think I need more morning yoga." And laughing. "And dig that three ring binder out of my back. Not the most comfortable encounter I've ever had, but it was the best by far. Let me put a few things away and lock the door."

'Nate. Look at them. They are the sweetest...Will you introduce me some time? I've waved to them, but that's it."

"Sure. But I think you need to come in here for a while."

"Really?" He nodded and escorted her to the bedroom and locked the door.

"Have to careful with the little ones. Learned the hard way." Ashley laughed.

"Speaking of complicated..." He kissed her and their hands started moving again. "Oh, hell, Nate. Take off those clothes."

As soon as he did she went to her knees and pulled his soft cock into her mouth. Opening, going to the base and then sucking hard on the way back. It got firmer, and bigger with each round until she could just go back and forth.

She swirled the head. Cradled his seeds and gently pulled on his sack. She pushed it to the back of her mouth. Nope. I could do to Brad, sometimes, but I am way out of practice. God, and to think if I hadn't been such a fool. Enough. Back to business. I want this bugger to get big every time he sees me.

Slide in, slide out. Back and forth. Slowly increasing her rate and the pressure with her lips. "Oh, Ashe." She could sense him getting closer Faster. Harder. And then he sighed, shoved forward, started thrusting into her mouth as she felt his cock contract. Squirt. Contract. Squirt. The contractions started to reduce and the ejaculate decreased with each one.

She continued for a while slowly, gently, avoiding the corona. "Ashe. That was terrific. So, turn about is fair play they say. Off with those clothes, Ashe." She complied. He stared at her.

"What? What is it, Nate?"

"Ashe. You're beautiful, lovely. I never..."

"You sound surprised. Kinda hurts my feelings."

"No. Ashe. I didn't..."

Putting a finger to his lips. "Hush, Nate. Just jerking your chain a little." He chuckled.

"Now, back to business." He lay next to her and they hugged.

"I just love the feel of your body, Nate. It's perfect. Especially this cute little roll"

"Should have seen the roll before. I've been working out."

"Yeah. Sure. I believe you. Lifting those cookies from the carton?" and laughed.

"You get better results if you carb load."

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure I read that." And chuckled again. "Now kiss me, Nate. I think I like that best of all. Although..."

They kissed and he slid his lips to her breasts and started taking turns. Using his tongue to swirl her nipple, then tugging. Then slowly, lower, spending time at her navel. Still lower, kissing her thighs, her lower abdomen. Teasing, taunting.

Finally, she grabbed him by the hair and ears and pulled his face to her slit. "There, Nate. Right there!" He laughed and she swatted his head.

When they finished, Nate got up and checked the girls and then left the door open a crack.

Early in the morning, Ashe heard some whispering in the hall while Nate continued to saw logs next her. The small feet approached her side of the bed. "She's a princess, Hailey."

"She can't be. Dad says we're the princesses. She must be the queen." Ashe opened her eyes and smiled at them. The older girl, Hailey, moved forward and whispered in her ear. "You're beautiful. We saw you downstairs in the lobby."

Ashe pulled her close. "You and your sister are even more beautiful than I am. Just like your mom." She grinned and relayed the message.

Chris stepped forward and whispered, "Are you our new mommy?"

"I don't know. Would you like that?"

They both nodded. "Well, it's up to your daddy. We'll have to see." She put a finger to her lips and shushed them.

'What's all this whispering? What are you two evil girls doing sneaking around in here? You have school."

They screamed in feigned terror, "It's Frankendaddy! Look at his red eyes, Chris! Does it hurt?"

"No, girls. Only when I laugh. So don't make me laugh. No matter what."

They started tickling him. "Nope, not laughing..." Finally they jumped on him and he laughed. "Ouch! It hurts!"

"Really, Daddy?"

"Nope, just kidding. Now give me a hug and go get ready for school."

"No, silly. It's Saturday. Time to have waffles and fun."

"What! It's Saturday already? Alright. Go get things ready and let me brush my teeth and stuff. You two brushed your teeth right?" They nodded. "Now, out of here or you'll be having Brussels sprouts for breakfast."

"Daaaadeee! Gag. We hate them." But they ran out.

"And close the door! Now, Ashe, where were we?"

"Nate! No! The girls!"

"Oh, OK. If you're going to be that way about it." She grabbed his cock and gave it a few strokes.

"Plenty of time for more of this later. I swear, Nate. Best night ever. Thank you."

""So, where do we stand, Ashe?"

"You let me work here. Let me get the business humming and growing..."

"No. I mean..."

"I know. That's up to you, Nate. We can, well, we can be whatever you want us to be."

"Well, you may have to convince me." He took her head and started pushing it under the covers. She started to laugh.

"If that's what it'll take, I'll try to convince you six times a day. Will that me enough? My work may suffer a little though, Boss. Now get out of bed and take a shower. Your face...well, you probably need to clean it before you go out there.

"I, on the other hand still smell," lifting the covers. "Crap! I need a shower too." She got up and headed for the shower. He followed and put his hands on her butt cheeks.

"Nate! Knock it off. The girls! We have to make this quick." They climbed into the shower and he kissed her. They hugged. "Naaaate." Laughing. "No!" As they laughed and cleaned behind the curtain, a small arm reached in through the door and turned the lights out.

"I'm so scared! It's too dark. Who turned out the lights.?" All they heard was a squeal and giggles.

"Alright. Let's go make some waffles. Nate! No! I'm not going down there. If you get my hair all wet...I'm going to bite it. I swear! Later. Oh, God, Nate. Last night was so wonderful. The best night of my life!"

"But you and Brad...."

"It was really a marriage of convenience. He needed a wife. I thought I needed a husband. As I look back, I never really loved him at all and he never loved me. It was a business deal. It was so, so stupid.

"But you know, Nate? I don't think we were supposed to get together. Not until now. Part of the Big Plan. Not my plan. I mean, think about it. What were the odds that you would be there when I was breaking up with Brad? What are the odds that I would literally run into you, my yellow faced gent, on a hike? After eight years? A week after I started my divorce?

"I don't think I was truly ready back then. I wasn't the right person, the right wife for you. Even if we had gotten together I would always have had that nagging in the back of my mind that I could have had all the things that I could have had with Brad. A ripple of discontent. And that feeling, that 'what if' may have ruined our relationship.

"Now I've given that life a try and I know how empty that life was. And I don't want it.

"I was messed up. But now I've been able to open up. Realize what's really important in life. I'm a better version of myself, I think. I don't know. All I know is...well, I don't know. But I think I'm more like the woman you deserve."

"Oh, and, Boss? I may be a little late for work today." She kissed him. Long, slow, passionate. "No! Hands off! We have waffles to make."

She settled in. She moved in. She got the books in order. Not the greatest. Lots of gaps that needed closing. Fences that needed mending. So she rebuilt relationships with the vendors and folks in town, expanded their advertising outreach, used her connections in New York to get some write ups in the papers. She was a whirlwind, but still found time for the girls and especially for Nate.

But then, "Uh. I'm sorry, Ashe, but your card's been refused. I'm supposed to cut it up."

"How can that be. I just transferred money over. My savings...I always pay off the balance...OK. Here's the cash."

"No, Ashe. The coffee's on the house."

"Thanks, Walt. Guess I better find out what the heck is going on." She pulled out her phone as she was walking back to the resort. What the hell. All my accounts are frozen? My Roth? Let me check. Shit! I'm locked out of my 401k. I need to get back to the office."

She called the bank. "Hi, this is Ashley Stone. Could you tell me why all my accounts are frozen? A court order? From Mr. Stone's attorney? Came this morning? Okay. Thanks."

She called Brad. Voicemail. Texted. No response. Just then a courier walked into her office.

"Ashely Stone?" She nodded. May I see some ID." She pulled out her driver's license. "Thank you. I have three items for you. You've been served. Please sign here."

She opened them and quickly reviewed them. "Holy shit!" She called Brad again.

"Brad! Dammit, Brad! Pick up the phone. What are you doing? Why are you doing this? I don't understand. I thought we had an agreement. PICK UP THE FRIGGIN' PHONE! Please, Brad? Please?"

He answered the phone. "Ashely. I have been instructed by my attorney..."

"Cut the crap, Brad. You're reading a card? Please. Talk to me!"

"I have been instructed by my attorney...."

"Seven years, Brad. We were married seven years! We did so many things together and shared so much. We were friends, companions at least, even if we weren't madly in love. Please! Talk to me!"

"I have been instructed by my attorney..."

She hung up. What an ass. I should have known he and the company would pull some sort of crap. But this is too much. Get ready to rumble, Brad, my dear.

She dashed back to see Nate who had just picked up his daughters. "Hi, girls. How was your day? Great. Here, give me a hug. You know how much I love your hugs. And then I have to talk to your dad for a bit. Okay? Tell you what. I made some cookies and they're in the kitchen. No more than two though. Got it?

"Nate! I need to talk to you. I'm not sure what my best response should be. All of my bank and retirement accounts have been frozen by court order. I received three documents this afternoon. The first says I am not separated from Brad so that being with you is adultery, which according to the prenup I signed is punishable by a huge financial penalty."

"I thought you had this all worked out with Brad?"

"I thought I did. He said there wouldn't be any problem."

"Did you call Brad?"

"Yes. Of course. First thing. But all he would do is read off a script from his attorney."

"I'd like to say I'm surprised, but...."

"I know, Nate. I know. But we were great as a 'couple.' We just weren't a 'couple in love.'

"Sort of like an arranged marriage of a royal couple." He smiled at her.

"No time for your jokes, Nate. This is serious. I need your help."

"Sorry. So, hasn't he been having affairs?"

"Yes. Since we were dating!"

"Doesn't his prenup say the same thing?"

"Yes! Yes it does. But I have to prove it somehow."

"So what's the second one?"

"It says I have ten days to return all the jewelry I stole. My jewelry was 'provided on loan' from the corporation for official corporate use only. Nate. The only things I took were pieces I bought, with my money. And I have receipts for those."

"And the third?"

"Says by leaving without a three month notice I was was in violation of my employment contract and subject to the penalties listed, including seizure of my retirement 401k."

"Well, is that what the contract says?"

"No! I didn't have a contract. Hell, I was in HR. No one had a contract. Only the partners. They made this up and signed my name! Nate! I have to go back to New York. I need to get an attorney. I....But I have no money!

"Those pricks! That's why they're doing it like this. They figure I have no money so can't do anything about it. Crap! What am I going to do?"

"First. Calm down. Take three..."

"I am calm, Nate! I'm just pissed. So unless you want another lump on your head..."

"Okay. So here's my charge card. Spend whatever you need. I'll take it out of your salary."

She lunged forward and hugged him. "You're not paying me a salary, Nate. Remember? But thank you. You're too good to me.

"True. Very true." She punched him gently in the forehead.

"Nate! Unless you want to be zombie dad again..."

"Alright. As the used car dealer once told me, 'Have I got a deal for you.' There is this attorney who stays here every year who may just want to help you out."

Three days later in NYC. "Ms. Stone. Good to see you. I'm Todd Jacob's. Todd. I've reviewed the documents you've sent me..."

"Ashely, Ashe. Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice, Mr. Jacobs, I really appreciate...Wait. I know you! We've met before....Yes! At the employee appreciation banquet. For a few years in a row. You were married to...Ricki? Rari? No! Riley. You were with Riley. She always seemed so nice, did a great job, and then I realized she was gone. Did she find a better job or something?"

"You should know. You fired her."

"Fired her! I never fired anybody! I had no authority to do that. Yes, I was in HR, but my main job was to work with Brad or the partners to meet with clients. Meetings, lunch, golf, dinner. Whatever. I was there to smooth any ruffled feathers and encourage clients to use Stone and Stone for their investments. And to work on all the special events. I was not involved in hiring, firing, or evaluations or anything."