The Wrong Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He handed him an envelope. "You have been served." He turned and left. "Thank you, Miss."

"What the...Holy shit, Dad. She's accusing me adultery and demands payment as outlined in our prenup. She has the sworn statements of six women I...dated. Shit! Shit! Shit! I told you, Dad! Shit!

"And this one demands that I immediately release her retirement funds which were were improperly seized using a false employment agreement. Another one of your great ideas, Dad. Or she'll file a complaint with the EEOC seeking restitution and penalties. Can she do that?

"Hell. And this one demands that I admit that she did not steal the jewelry and that I took to City Jewelers."

"What the hell is that about?"

"Well, I thought I could juice things up a little and get her to cooperate if I threatened her. I demanded she return all the jewelry that 'the corporation loaned her,' when actually I sold it. It was worth a crap load."

"But somehow, Brad, she found the store and the jewels? What a dumbass. Guess your idea was just as bad as mine. Get our attorneys on the line. We have to discuss this with them. Today!"

Later. "WHAT! You're saying pay up and do whatever she wants?"

"Mr. Stone. We have the sworn statements of six women. And who, knows, there may be more, right?" He nodded. "So we would recommend you settle. You pay her the adultery penalty minus her penalty. Did she ever have an affair?"

"I don't think so."

"So she has you dead to rights and you don't have anything on her. And she's not contesting it...So. Best option is to pay up. Remember, if you contest it, and lose, there's a big penalty for that as well. We would have suggested an amicable split if we knew all this."

"But that's still a crap load of money!"

"Yes, but cheaper than paying the additional penalties if you protest it and lose."

"Shit!"

"And as to the retirement account. Well, we would have advised against seizing that no matter what. That's a federal thing. But especially on the basis of a fraudulent document? A further thought is that if we do not handle all this to her liking, she could go to the media and...surely you can see how this might be portrayed in the press.

"I mean, she's known all over for her charity work and has always worked so well with the media....We are fairly certain that she would be the David in this David and Goliath story. So, we recommend settling on her terms and quickly."

"Alright! Alright. Do it. Contact her attorney, that Todd Jacobs guy today. See what we can do to settle this before it gets out. Maybe we can negotiate the amount used for my salary or something."

"Ashe! What! What are you doing here? It's. It's 2 a.m.!"

"I couldn't wait to see you a moment longer. So as soon as the arbitration ended, I came home. Your wi...well, I'm worth quite a bit more than I was when I left. And with that money I would like to see if we can build that chapel. So we can host more weddings with reception space right off of it. So folks can walk next door and not have to drive to the reception.

"Oh, Nate. I have so many ideas, but my biggest goal is to make you the happiest guy around. And if I can do that, then I will be the happiest woman."

"So..if you're serious about making me the happiest man...." She nodded. He reached to the bedside stand. "Then you better put this ring on your finger and be my partner. After all, I always wanted a rich wife."

She squealed! "Yes! Yes! I will marry you. We need to seal the deal! Get ready for the ride of your life, Mister!"