Things Happened Pt. 03

Story Info
A few more things happened.
13.4k words
4.31
40.3k
35

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/02/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author Note: Here is the final part of the story. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Chapter 7

Life is like a box of, oh who gives a fuck. Fuck you, Forrest! Two weeks on from my date from Jessica and things have not turned out how I thought. Sure, the date was fantastic, we both were pleasant with each other the following day and as usual Jessica was wonderful with my kids. Then she slowly started pulling away, just a little. I could tell something was concerning her, but I didn't want to push too far, too fast.

I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, far from it. Whilst all this was happening, I guess I was still trying to make sense of things because I slept with Skylar two more times and hadn't stopped with Connie. It's hard when a fiery Latino woman throws herself at you. Still, it's not like I was exclusive with anyone but things only got worse the following Monday when I rolled into work. For some reason it appeared that Stephanie was on the war path. Now I should point out that some of our guys have pictures of women up in their trucks or inside their locker doors. We allow it, or always have given they were nothing too crude, usually swimwear or lingerie pictures. Stephanie had actually endorsed it at one time pointing out that it kept the guys happy and she would put up pictures of men. The guys didn't mind so the status quo was reached.

That was until today. I walked into the office to see Stephanie fuming with a few posters of scantily clad women on her desk and one topless. I think someone crossed the line.

"Have a look at this!" Stephanie said her anger bleeding out of every pore. "I took it out of the locker room!" She held up a picture of a busty model, who was topless and only wearing a thong. I wasn't sure what to say to not tick her off further.

"Okay."

I didn't get any further than that.

"Okay!? Okay? She looks like me! One of the guys said it reminded him of me, she's topless! Do they think I go around with my tits out!? They're lucky I don't fire their asses!" Stephanie said at the top of her lungs. I looked at the picture and it did have a passing resemblance to her. The model's name was below it and I had heard of her, not that I ever looked at that sort of thing. I mean, not lately I haven't. But that wasn't my focus so I was determined to get to the bottom of the problem.

"Alright, what's going on Steph? What's got you so fired up? This normally doesn't bother you," I asked sitting down in her firing line. "What does this Tessa Fowler have to do with you being so upset?"

She looked at the picture, I assume to read the name, then dropped it down on the desk and sat back in a huff. Then she sighed and I could see her deflate like a slow leaking balloon.

"Walt."

Oh shit.

"Okay, what's going on with Walt?" I asked suddenly not having a good feeling about this.

"Do you know that bastard never wanted children. Said they were not for him, what he really meant was not with me!" Stephanie replied shaking her head as the tears started to roll.

"What do you mean?" I asked calmly.

"He's been having an affair. Got a girl pregnant," Stephanie replied letting out a noise that sounded like a shriek crossed with a cry. Like a wounded animal.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," I said getting up and going to her on the other side of the desk.

"He wants to keep the child. Help out, all that stuff he could have done with me," Stephanie said before she sobbed. I grabbed her and pulled her to me, holding her tight as she wailed and sobbed. You wouldn't think it by looking at her but she is quite strong and held me so tight sometimes I thought I would suffocate. Once she calmed down, I let her go but she held on for a moment before looking up at me.

"It doesn't seem like it now, but everything will be okay," I said trying to soothe her. She simply nodded weakly. "So, what are you going to do?"

"Divorce. I already kicked him out. He said he was sorry, but I guess he wanted someone a little sportier," Stephanie replied bluntly. "She's thirty, works for one of his suppliers. She's gorgeous."

There it was.

"He needs his eyes checked," I said smirking at her. "If he couldn't see what was right in front of him, he won't be able to see what he went to either."

That made her cry and smile.

"Thanks Rock, but I know I'm not model," Stephanie said wiping the tears away.

"Bullshit, look at you and Tessa. I'd pick you over her any day. I just wish you let me take a picture of you like that to put in my office," I said which earned me a slug to my stomach. She was smiling though.

"You mean that or just saying it?" Stephanie asked obviously fragile.

"Let me get my camera and find out," I replied reaching for my phone in my pocket. She laughed and hugged me again.

"Not yet, let me get rid of the puffy eyes and get a wax, then you can take the photo," Stephanie said smiling. It was all part of our usual flirting and it felt good she was calming down.

"Okay, deal," I said putting my phone away. I kissed her forehead and rubbed her upper arm. "You going to be okay?"

"Were you?" Stephanie asked bluntly. That was a shot to the nuts, but then again she always was honest with me, just like I was honest with her.

"Only when I was around my loved ones," I replied which made her emotional again.

"How do I do that?" Stephanie asked and I gave her that look that said 'are you crazy'.

"Go home, pack a bag and you can stay with me at my place. The girls would love to have you, we've got room, so why not. You can swim, sunbake, frolic like a hippy if that's what you want... you know just be part of the family. I mean, you are, aren't you?" I replied which made her hug me and cry again. I got the feeling she thought she was alone. Her sister was on the other side of the country and her parents both dead.

"Yeah," Stephanie said calming down again. "Thank you, Rock."

"Don't thank me yet, you haven't tasted my cooking," I said which made her laugh. "Now go, I'll take care of everything here. Come back when you're ready and I can put you in touch with my divorce attorney. Then I will get you settled at home."

With that she grabbed her stuff and headed off. I sat there in a daze for a minute. Things were picking up for me, and yet now there was a problem in what used to be my safe space. My business. I know things happen, but this is ridiculous. I curse you, Forrest. I curse you!

Chapter 8

Things had started to settle down a bit. Everyone welcomed and comforted Stephanie taking it in their stride. Skylar and Jessica were amazing as always, and everyone seemed to get on well. My daughters were thriving, finally and I felt like life was good.

We were all home on this Saturday afternoon. Grace's soccer team didn't win their match in the morning but it didn't seem to dull her spirits. They played well and we were all there to cheer her on. The doorbell rang and I just happened to be closest so I opened it. Damn you Forrest!

"What do you want?" I asked not happy that my ex-wife was standing there.

"That's no way to greet me, I came to see the girls," Kelly replied looking slightly different than normal. Her skirt was a little shorter, hair maybe a little longer but other than that, I wasn't completely sure.

"Now? After all these months? You're kidding right?" I asked my anger flaring as Amy came to the door.

"Dad, who..." Amy said but stopped. "We don't want to see you."

"Please, it's taken me time to get settled. I just want to see you, I'm still your mother," Kelly said trying to plead with a teenager.

"And what about us? What do you think we've been doing? Playing scrabble? You didn't want us and now that it's convenient you show up. Not no, but hell no!" Amy said with a raised voice before she stormed off.

Kelly looked at me and I could finally see the realisation kick in, the hurt in her eyes becoming apparent. And no, it didn't feel good to see it.

"Rock, please," Kelly said her voice dropping. I let out a huge sigh and walked outside with her, closing the door behind me.

"Kel, you abandoned us. You got some strange idea in your head, rolled with it and forgot all about us. I don't know where we went wrong but we did," I said but put my hand up to let me finish. "It's going to take time to heal this stuff. You could have done it a better way."

She nodded her head.

"I know I could have, I should have... I am sorry for how it happened. I guess I got a little too determined to prove you wrong, show you that I could turn that property investment into something more. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't mean much," Kelly said softly.

"I have this funny feeling your parents had something to do with this," I said which made her look away from me. It was all the confirmation I needed. Still, what was I going to do about it? They had more money than I did and would bury me with the blink of an eye. I was lucky once to get out of my marriage with my business and house intact, and full custody of my kids. Did I want to jeopardize that? That answer is no.

After a moment she summoned up the courage to ask, "Do you think Grace might want to see me?"

If the shoe was on the other foot, would I want to be kept away from my kids? I don't think so. With that in mind, I did the only thing that came to me, I shrugged.

"I don't know, but I can try. Inside or out back?" I asked giving her a choice.

"Out back?"

"Okay, wait here and I will work something out," I said to which she nodded. I don't know why but as I turned, I looked down at her and noticed her right ankle chain that had the queen of spades symbol on it. I didn't like what that meant. Things were starting to become clearer now.

I went inside and saw them all gathered together in the kitchen.

"Grace, your mother has asked if you would like to see her? Do you want to have a chat with her outside?" I asked knowing it was a long shot. "Just remember she made a mistake and she's still your mother."

I could see the wheels turning and then she looked to Jessica who gave her a small smile and a nod. Those two were peas in a pod.

"Might be good, kiddo," Skylar said in a way that was non-committal.

"Can Jess be with me?" Grace asked.

"I could but it would be best if maybe your dad or sisters were with you. Don't you think?" Jessica replied sweetly. "I'll be right here, anyway. I've got nothing on this afternoon."

"Okay," Grace said with a nod. "Sure Dad, out back would be good. Jess?"

"Mmm?"

"Can we go swimming later?" Grace asked with a hopeful look.

"I think we can arrange that," Jessica replied with earned her a big smile and hug from Grace.

"How about we all go swimming," I said looking at everyone. Stephanie gave me a look but I shook my head to let her know she was included. "The girls have probably got extra bikinis for you Steph."

"Ah... lovely," Stephanie said as politely as possible but I could tell she was going to kill me later.

"Alright kiddo, I'll go get your mother and take her out back. Amy and Ella, I can't force you but maybe you could spend some time with her also," I said looking at the twins. Yeah, it would be easier getting blood out of a stone.

I went and got Kelly, taking her out the back and it was slightly awkward as Grace and her reconnected. I stayed inside watching them closely along with Stephanie and Jessica. The twins were hanging out with Skylar for a bit as things settled down. It was about half an hour into the visit when Ella and Amy surprised me by heading outside. They sat away from their mother but conversed with her. I retreated from the rear doors as did the others and made my way into the house, confident my daughters would look out for one another. I felt more comfortable as Skylar came and stood next to me.

"You know she's been sleeping around, right?" Skylar asked knowing full well the talk at the real estate agency. "What you may not know is she's been involved with a couple of Mark's friends too."

Now it was making more sense.

"I think the anklet makes that clear," I replied.

"You saw that?" Skylar asked flatly. "I probably shouldn't say it, because I don't have proof, but word is she's got the matching tattoo."

For me, I didn't give a crap if she got the tattoo, it was always about how she went and blew up our family. I shook my head in disgust but realised I had been sleeping with a couple of different women regularly. I needed to make a change.

"That's her choice. I don't care about that. I just don't like how she's hurt the girls," I said bluntly.

"I think she realises that now," Skylar said putting her hand on my shoulder before walking back to the kitchen.

Just then Ella was screaming and the twins were storming inside the house. I was up quickly and rushed out back to see Kelly wiping away a couple of tears as Grace looked on sadly.

"Everything okay?" I asked trying to gauge the situation.

"I ah, I asked them if they would come and stay with me, that's all," Kelly replied standing up and smoothing out her skirt. It seemed to be a nervous habit. "I should go."

"Okay," I said escorting out the front of the house. She stopped and turned to give Grace a hug, but thought better of it when she saw her sitting between Jessica and Stephanie.

"It was good seeing you all," Kelly said before walking out the front of the house. I closed the door and stopped beside her.

"How does it feel now?" I asked a little too sarcastically. "Worth it?"

"How can I answer that question?" Kelly replied.

"Truthfully."

"Okay, yes and no," Kelly said bluntly. "Yes, because I feel like I really fit in now, and no because my daughters hate me."

"Did you expect anything less? You gave them up without a fight," I said shaking my head. "You're the white whore for a bunch of black guys and you think that is where you belong. For people that treat you like an object, once they get bored of you, they throw you away. It's not meant to last. If you have children, you have them for life. Did you forget that along the way?"

"I... I guess I did. I got too caught up in trying to make a life," Kelly said but I snorted which stopped her.

"We had a life. You wanted riches and completely forgot your parents are loaded. Then you blew us up because you thought you could get it with Mark 'The Pimp' Ruffles," I said with a laugh.

"No I didn't and he's not a pimp," Kelly said bluntly.

"No? He whores you out to his friends. Are you not black owned? Is the tattoo on your ass or on your cunt?" I asked which shocked her as I pointed to her anklet. Then she recomposed herself and went on the attack.

"You can talk. You've got a house full of women, stringing them on. You're probably busy fucking all of them. What makes you think you're better than me?" Kelly asked angrily. That stung but she wasn't entirely right. "And I don't have a tattoo!"

"I didn't do it behind anyone's back and I'm not sleeping with all of them. They are part of the family, they help out and for your limited information, Stephanie's husband did a 'you'. Slept with someone younger and got her pregnant. So, we're all here trying to put our lives back together. Now if you don't mind, stick to the agreement. You want visitation, fine? But you're going to have to rebuild your relationships with our kids. I will try to stay civil, never bad mouthing you in front of them, but you have to hold up your end of the bargain, clear?" I asked pointing my finger at her. Yeah, my anger was up.

"Fine. I agree. When can I see them again?" Kelly asked.

"You tell me. We can go the park if you want or to dinner, but your boyfriends better not be around," I replied firmly.

"Fine, I'll call you," Kelly said suddenly the entitled princess that walked out of my life.

"Good, now if you would please fuck off, I've got to heal some wounds," I said turning to head back inside. I heard her scoff but slammed the door as I went in. Fuck her, fuck Forrest Gump and those fucking box of chocolates. I just want to know what I get from now on!

Chapter 9

The visit from Kelly had really changed my outlook on life. I ended the arrangement with Skylar which went surprisingly well. She told me she wanted to date a guy she met so that worked out great. I was almost disappointed if it weren't for the relief, given how flippant she seemed to be. Connie was a little harder, but after a very vigorous afternoon that nearly killed me, she understood and said her door was always open. She'd still work out with me, but it was strictly professional. So that left Jessica, but there wasn't really anything there. We got along great and since our date, that has been about it. Sure, she sits with me, helps with Grace in particular, but still was hesitant. Either way I needed to talk with her, just to make sure everything was above board. I had to clean my act up first, which I felt like I had finally done.

It took me two weeks to work up the courage to talk with Jessica. I was able to set up a time to talk with Jessica and it happened to be tonight.

We were finally alone, out in the pool house while Skylar was out for the night. She had moved on pretty quick with this new guy.

"I ah, I'm not sure how to start this so I'll just come out and say it. I've come to the realisation I wasn't living my life with the right values. How I wanted to live it, doing the right thing and not being like Kelly. Her visit opened my eyes that I was no better than her," I said but put my hand up when I saw Jessica about to say something. "None of us are perfect, so I broke things off with the others, even though they were casual, because it's not who I am. I'm a one-woman type of guy, you know. I'm open minded but I really want and need a connection with someone, to share things with, does that make sense?"

"It does," Jessica said warmly. "I feel that way also. I might already have the answer, but I need to ask, why are you bringing this up, now?"

Here was the moment I had rehearsed and yet it disappeared the moment I drew breath. So I winged it.

"I wanted to talk to you because, well, I thought we had something. I've never had a date like it and if I'm being truly honest... I really like you," I said with a weight lifting off my shoulders. "I feel like you understand me and I hope to god you feel the same way about me too." It was out in the open now and I felt better for having said it. I saw her eyes change, become softer if that makes sense.

"We did, I mean we do, I just," Jessica said her eyes changing again and now looking concerned.

"What is it? You can tell me, right? I want to make sure you know that whatever it is, whatever you say stays between us," I said which seemed to be the right thing to say.

"I guess after my experiences with two other guys, that didn't end well, you'd be the same," Jessica said with a shrug. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to ruin what has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. You took me, made me part of everything, I feel like I fit in here. Grace is amazing, so are Ella and Amy, you... even Steph and Skye, I just..."

"I'm not like other guys, well at least I hope not," I said with a chuckle which made her half smile. "I can only promise to listen and not judge. Okay?"

She nodded and smiled before taking a deep breath.

"First up, I just need to say that, you don't make me feel like a piece of meat and instead you appreciate me for who I am. The reason why I didn't want to have sex with you, is not because I don't want to... it's because of a genetic defect I have," Jessica said which concerned me. She put her hand on my arm to allay any fears. "It's called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome. I was born without a uterus and my vagina was only a few inches deep."

"Oh," I said unsure what else to say. "How did..."

"How did I find out?" Jessica asked with a smile. She was very easy to talk to and this seemed like a casual conversation even though it wasn't easy. "I never had a period. I told my mother one day and we got it looked into. That's the reason. I was afraid you'd reject me or it wouldn't work, so it would ruin everything. I've been using dilators to stretch me out, and I'm up to six inches which is great, but how do you, you know just say hey, Rock, let's... you know."