Things Happened Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were getting in early to help Stephanie recover faster from her pregnancy. It was something we didn't need to be there for, knowing full well how hard Connie can be in the fitness realm. She still kicks my ass in the mornings!

"Great, well I'll take that as our cue to exit," I said with a chuckle causing the others to laugh also. The strange feeling popped up again, telling me I needed to bring it up with Jessica, but first we had to get home.

"Come on baby," Jessica said holding out her arms to pick up Rocky. "Let's go play and have a rest at our place."

With the kids in tow, we made our way through Stephanie's back yard into ours. We had a gate separating the properties which was never closed, allowing us all to come and go as we pleased. Heading inside we took a moment to regroup and let the little ones do their thing.

Steven and Rocky were playing on the floor when both Jessica and I sat down on the couch. The funny feeling that I couldn't shake was growing larger. There was an inkling there of what it was about and I decided to just be upfront with Jessica without letting it go. I turned to her and she looked at me, giving me a smile before I took her hand. I could tell from the look on her face that she knew something was coming, so I just let it out.

"I know that last few years have been up and down, but I have to say, I've always felt secure with you. When you agreed to be my girlfriend, and my partner in life, I felt pretty much whole again. That I could face the world knowing I had someone that supported me," I said which made her smile. "I never asked you to step up, but you did and I'm not completely sure what you saw in me, but I am glad you saw something."

Jessica squeezed my hand and interrupted me before I could continue. I didn't mind because I probably paused too long.

"I saw an amazing man, dealt a terrible blow by someone who was meant to always have his back. I saw a loving man, that would do anything for his children while trying to make sure everything was as normal as possible. I saw a man, a real man," Jessica said shuffling closer to me on the couch. It felt good to have her pushed up against me like that. I put my other hand on her thigh, pushing my fingers down between her legs so that they were trapped between them. The warmth was intoxicating, as was her supple flesh. "You make it easy to love you."

"As do you," I said kissing her on the lips. "You are more than I could have ever hoped for. I have real joy in my life now and that's all because of you."

We kissed again.

"Thank you," Jessica said softly while we stared into each other's eyes.

"You're welcome," I said taking a moment to look at her again. There was a real connection there, something more than words can describe. I saw it in her eyes and in her soul and I just hoped she saw it in mine because of what I was going to ask next. It was time, and it just felt right. "Will you marry me?"

There was a sharp intake of air, her hands came up to cover her mouth in that lady-like way we are so used to and then she was trembling. It took her a moment and a few breaths to speak.

"Rock, are you serious?" Jessica asked her trembling getting worse. "Please don't joke with me."

"I'm not joking and I am serious. I know what we said earlier at Stephanie's... It's time to put the past where it belongs. I really do want to spend the rest of my life with you, married to you, if you'll have me," I replied which caused her eyes to well up. She reached for me, arms around me neck and hugged me tight while she cried a little. She pulled back, my head in her hands while looking at me with the biggest smile I had ever seen.

"Then yes, I will marry you," Jessica said kissing me with salty lips. Her happy tears were running freely now and it was clear she really did want to be married. I think she was just going along with me because that was what I wanted to hear. I know now that she really does love me for me, and only wants what's best of me. For me to be happy. "Oh my god, I'm so happy. I'm so happy when I'm with you."

"Me too," I said kissing her again before wiping her tears away. "We'd better go ring shopping."

"Maybe, or you can just pick something for me," Jessica said with that easy smile I was used to seeing.

"You don't want to pick it?" I asked astonished at the revelation. So many women nowadays were so particular about the ring and I didn't want to muck it up.

"No, I'll like whatever you get me, because it's from you. From here," Jessica replied touching my chest where my heart is. That simple reply made me fall in love with her even more.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me," I said stroking her cheek. "You just continue to blow me away."

"You can talk," Jessica said with a giggle before we kissed again. It was about to get hot and heavy but then Steven and then Rocky climbed up into our laps. Jessica was on the same wavelength as me. "Later."

Yep, I knew what that meant. We got comfortable with our boy when the doorbell rang. I gave a funny look to Jessica, thinking Skye and Ray were early but she shrugged and I got up to get the door. I opened it to find Kelly standing there looking upset. I looked at her, she looked at me and I wasn't sure what to say. We obviously haven't spoken much so this was a bit of a surprise.

"Kelly," I said as my way of hello. She was dressed down in jeans and a shirt, but her tits were still obvious no matter which way she dressed. Her hair was tied back in a basic ponytail and she looked a little more plastic than I remembered, perhaps because of too much Botox. Her pumped up lips also looked odd which was a shame considering I always thought she had nice lips. Now she'd probably look right at home in a seedy strip club, perhaps that is in her future. But then again, who cares, I sure as hell don't.

"Rock, can we talk?" Kelly asked softly. I could tell something wasn't right.

"About?"

"Can I come inside?" Kelly asked to which I shook my head.

"No. What do you want?" I replied which seemed to make her nervous.

"A huge favour. I know I don't deserve one but I'm desperate," Kelly said which simply made me cross my arms waiting for it.

"And?"

"I need somewhere to stay short term. I was wondering if I could stay in the pool house until I get back on my feet?" Kelly replied clutching her hands together. I could tell she was trying to keep it together and to be here asking me for help, that had to be tough.

"Where's Tony?" I asked bluntly. I wasn't about to wait around for some spiel and I think she knew that, answering me directly.

"He's out trying to drum up business," Kelly replied softly. "Things haven't worked out."

"Why can't you go to your parents? You know those two people that wanted nothing to do with us after you left?" I asked wondering where they were in all this. Surely, the rich Kominski's would help their daughter.

"They're overseas. They won't be back for a few weeks," Kelly replied her eyes pleading with me. "I'm desperate, please. I don't have any money."

There it was, I had to wonder if she truly hit rock bottom.

"You still working at the agency?" I asked just as Jessica slid up next to me.

"Hi Kel," Jessica said warmly. I swear it was like the woman didn't have a bad bone in her body.

"Ah, hi Jess. No, I was fired," Kelly said starting to deflate.

"Right, so I take it something went wrong, you guys screwed up a deal or something. I'm guessing Tony will want to stay as well. Maybe you can think of something else," I said more as a statement than a question but Jessica had other ideas. "I'm sure there's a pimp or two out there."

I didn't get much further when Jessica jumped in. I know what you're thinking but I let her, the anger wasn't doing me any good.

"Why don't you come in, I'll get you something to drink," Jessica said kindly. I had to wonder if Jessica was trying to rub my ex-wife's nose in it or if Jessica was actually the best part of me. The part that wouldn't kick someone when they're down. I wasn't sure but when Jessica just gave me a gentle look and a smile, I figured it was the latter.

"Thank you, are you sure?" Kelly asked before being led into the kitchen.

"Of course, come in and we will see if we can sort you out," Jessica replied in a very motherly tone. I just watched in awe as Jessica flitted about not wiping the smile off her face at all. She seemed to taken broken people under her wing and care for them, much like she did with Grace, Ella and Amy, me and even Stephanie. Now it seemed to be with my ex-wife. "I tell you what. I'm sure Rock will be okay with you staying a couple of days. I'll have a talk with him and smooth it out, okay?"

"Oh my god, really? I didn't think," Kelly said breaking down into tears before she could finish her sentence.

"Of course, just enjoy that drink, calm down and we'll be back in a moment," Jessica said kindly before hooking her arm through mine and leading me out back so we could talk. As soon as the sliding door was closed, I turned to her.

"I hope you know what you're doing," I said looking back into the house. "Grace will probably flip and if the twins find out."

She just smiled at me and clutched my arms in the comforting way she always did.

"My darling man. No one messes with my family, especially after what she did to you and my girls. Grace won't flip and the twins will be fine. You let me take care of Kelly for a couple of days. There won't be a problem," Jessica said moving in and pecking my lips. "I promise."

I could see a glint in her eyes and suddenly felt a calmness wash over me.

"What are you planning?" I asked to which she grinned.

"Nothing my darling man. My husband," Jessica replied making sure I remembered that we were indeed going to be married.

"Uh huh," I said not believing her. She leaned in and kissed me again, this time a little longer.

"Things may happen, and... she'll definitely see what she threw away," Jessica said turning away from me before looking over her shoulder. "I'll make sure of it. And who knows, maybe they'll admit to something along the way."

There it was, my beautiful loving wife-to-be letting the world know her intentions. Jessica was going to make it clear to my ex-wife exactly where Kelly stood and I couldn't have been prouder of her. Perhaps Kelly really was going to end up as a stripper or on the street corner or even prison. I guess I was going to find out.

Life doesn't always turn out how you want it, but you also don't need to be told it's like a box of chocolates. Things just happen, let's leave it at that.

The End