All Comments on 'Thorne Ch. 08'

by kalamazoo707

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

I wonder if the voice Barb heard is part of her gift or her guilt talking to her.

I thought it was really funny when Barb got scared of Celeste sneaking in on her.

donaldedonaldeabout 11 years ago
great chapter

I can not wait until Leon gets his hands on Harry. I am interested in who will finally kill Refus and Caleb. I can not wait to see what happens

fluerfluerabout 11 years ago
Awrsome Update

Boy was this chapter filled with so much intrigue.

Olivia and William, now thats interesting. Does Olivia share the same fillings for William? And furthermore why is pops so gung ho about the war with the vampires? They've never really done anything to him. I am being to think he had something do with his wife's death. His organization appears to be more about satisfying his own ego.

As for Barb, does she have a split personality?

Harry days are numbered. He's making too many mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So her son is talking to her...

this is a great chapter, filled with suspense and drama. Loved it!!

tigerrastigerrasabout 11 years ago
great author

I love your novels. Especially when you combine your novels together. I will

be purchasing your novel Ethan. I hope all the good guys return home safely.

In Barb in showing more compassion and i just wish her family love will

finally be the break through of her wanting her on baby. I give you five golden

stars that you deserve and very much more. Thank you for your beautiful

writing style and your passion when you let your pen flows across your

paper when you write. Thanks again!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent chapter

5 stars. Awesome. IR2R

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I so hope we start to see a new Barb..

last sentence of the chapter:

'Barb debated. Gene's words and the words of the voice in her head went through her head. It was up to her what happened next. Was she ready to make some concessions?'

I can't imagine a brand new Barb, but maybe a little movement in the right way??

Love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Glad that Barb is growing

I am enjoying the story but Barb's lack of growth and Thorne's indifference/dislike of Barb is getting weary. I am glad she was more receptive to hearing about her ugly ways. Her behavior with Celeste is unwarranted. She acts as if Celeste is a demon seed. Please enough with Barb's one step forward and two steps back routine. I do t expect her to become good overnight. I agree with Gene that no one can tell Barb she wasn't abused. She truly feels that way and I think that fuels a lot of her anger towards her siblings. I like the way Gene told her to take responsibility for her actions. Please, Barb needs to become a character worthy of redemption.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
barb

We all know people like barn... he'll I have a couple in my family. These people spend their entire lives taking one step forward and two steps backwards. Not everyone is redeemable. That is a proven fact. I hope that kal doesn't change her too much. Barb doesn't deserve a happy ending. She could have had it with her ex .... She lied as she's been doing from the start. I think her reactions to Celeste are based purely on fear.would u want a child to know what you're thinking? I know I wouldn't.

primrose227primrose227about 11 years ago
Moving Forward

Your story telling is so good I lost track of the fact that this story was entitled Thorne. I say this because there has been little of him in the story. I think some readers were expecting that he and Barb would deal with their problems more readily, but there is a whole other story going on around them with little time for them, particularly Thorne, to deal with anything else. Barb being a woman of leisure, has only herself to think about and she is forced to deal with the baby because there is no respite in that corner, he is a part of her.

I understand the impatience of some, but a good writer follows their own instincts and I have a feeling that you already know where you want this story to go and at what pace. I don't see Barb as evil, but as self-centered and misguided. Often views that form in early childhood are hard to get rid of. Instead of being impatient with her indecision, I see it as a necessary part of growth.

-

As I said in my last post, she and Thorne have not been together that long. To expect her to do a 360 in such a short time would have been unrealistic. Barb hasn't had enough of a reality check, but I have a feeling you're going to give her one very soon. True some people can't be redeem, but I don't think Barb's sins are of such magnitude that it would apply to her. She can be redeemed, or more accurately, saved from herself.

-

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thorne

Sometimes people use truth and honesty as a disguise for being facetious and hurtful towards others, and as impunity against using tact and diplomacy. Thorne's "honesty" makes me think of the callousness of people who choose to "speaktheir mind" and "say what others won't" but choose the worst possible way to voice their opinions.

Will we see Thorne adressing his need to humiliate and abuse any woman whose character resembles his mother. It almost seems like he's indirectly trying to indirectly make his mother pay, and putting all of his past hurt into hurting these women who are just golddiggers, not murderers, fraudsters etc. I'm saying that I don't think their 'crimes' match the punishment.

I just can't bring myself to see Thorne as a hero, he's a bit repugnant to me. I remember one commenter saying that he's a sadist and I agree. I'm hoping to see more of him adressing his issues rather than being the glorified bad boy.

QueenbiggumzQueenbiggumzabout 11 years ago
Come out nice barb where are you?

This is getting so good I and the conections are outstanding thank you and keep up the good work. i love the part with the old vampire. call me travis except grandfather it makes me feel old. LOL

Bravo Can't wait for the next chapter

LIVE LARGE LIVE FREE

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutieabout 11 years ago
Barb disgusts me!!!

Rufus is going to die and I can't wait!! Barb is just evil and I don't believe that will ever find happiness.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxabout 11 years ago

I am a firm believer that what takes someone to hit rock bottom to face the evil picture of themselves is different than others

I firmly believe that Thorne and Barb were meant to be put together to grow up and straighten each other out...oh man story getting good...er!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I don't get this unborn kid at all. At some point it stopped just being a bundle of emotional content, and gained fully formed thoughts, the ability to communicate in a coherent and form those thoughts with another person who could read them, and has now apparently developed high-school level communication skills and the ability to telepathically speak directly to his mother. Okay, I get it. This is a vampire story, the fantasy element's not a problem. Point being that this kid's the next best thing to an unborn genius, has an empathic link to his mother, and yet is too stupid to take a look at that link and see that his mother has absolutely no emotional bond to him, and reason that perhaps being his mother would be a really bad thing for both of them?

Granted, both of his parents are the equivalent of emotional idiots, so perhaps it's to be expected that the unborn baby acts just like his parents but the attempt to shoehorn Barb into something she is clearly not capable of being is baffling. The ability to pop a kid out of one's uterus is not a sign that someone would be a good mother, and Barb's inability to see past herself is ... well it shows she's just the opposite. Some people really aren't meant to be mothers, but it seems like any story with an element of pregnancy seems to have to force the issue down that path.

I'd like to see her get way the hell over herself and find a real mate, because clearly she and Thorne are totally unsuited to each other. A misogynistic ass and a self-centered bitch? Ugh. Puzzle pieces that do not fit together. Pull another Hans, have them completely reject each other and switch them off with mates that aren't total dinks. Maybe having Thorne be a single daddy with a woman that he isn't going to teach his child to treat like shit would be a good start.

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
I DON'T THINK BARB'S BABY IS DOING THE TALKING....

The voice in Barb's head it too grown to be a baby in my opinion. It will be interesting to find out who it is. Maybe it's Queen Justine..., LOL BTW - I really like Celeste, I think that she will have a profound effect on Thorne and Noel in the very near future. I know that she is feared by Barb and I really, really enjoy those scenes. Barb does not have to be redeemed in anyway, she is who she is. It is funny to me that she thinks her family wants her to "turn" nice, when they could care less. They just want to be a family, a loving and sharing one, but if all Barb has to give is a vat of crap, then they have chosen to leave her to her mess. If she needs them they will not turn their backs but they seem to be placing a line in the sand, a wavering one, but they seem to be united on giving love and not accepting bs.

Now crazy ass Harry needs to be tortured..., torn limb from limb..., made to fry in the sun in an agonizingly painful monumental moment. That would work for me. Add Rufus and punk Caleb to that monumental moment as well. LOL I really don't want any of the Sinclare's & Blackwell's to die, I don't want William or Olivia to die, but I do want to see growth. If Barb has or loses her baby, I would like to see her grow from it. She can be cordial or just disappear but she should be hit with karma that matches her heart. Thorne is interesting, he is not a nice man but I think Celeste and Louise's baby should keep him and his son company and come up with all kinds of brother in law/uncle/daddy antics. It might soothe his hateful heart. Not sure if he will ever like women, but he will find a way to temper his mommy issues. I really like that so many folks read your work, the comments are just all over the place. It's great to see so many opinions even if we disagree about characters. I cannot wait for more. This war that might take place totally has me thinking that the Queen might show up. It could be wishful thinking, but hey why not. Also it is interesting that Thorne is piecing together the Blackwell/Sinclaire feud and Noel's reaction to all of this. What do you think of Celeste going to Thorne and giving him a kiss from his son? What do you think of Barb wanting affection, but only on her conditions? Who exactly am I asking these questions too. LOL Kal, you have us all a flutter with brain activity. What's next? **CUE BATMAN & ROBIN PROMO THEME MUSIC **

I feel a kick ass revenge murder/kill/death moment..., along with new love..., insight regarding a certain pair of eyes..., pregnant candy requests..., and possibly just possibly an empathic transfer of feelings from babies to daddies. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
I just re-read this chapter and you know what???

Even Barb's baby was worried about the upcoming battle, so much so that he reached out to Celeste and Thorne shows up to comfort him. Barb is so self-centered she did not consider that Thorne may not come back and if he doesn't she doubts her family will take the baby. WoW!!! She only fears Celeste because her niece in her mind will ensure that she get's dumped back in her condo with nothing if she picks up on any negativity regarding the baby. WoW!!! I don't hate Barb, but she really makes me wonder why she did not get her tubes tied years ago. Isn't it rather tragic to lead such a sad existence? Unwanted babies are a crime upon the universe, they are innocent and are the recipient of negativity that is unjust.

IF A PERSON DOES NOT WANT A BABY AND IT IS IN THEIR POWER TO ENSURE THAT CONCEPTION DOES NOT OCCUR THEN THEY SHOULD BY ALL MEANS TIE THEIR TUBES, BURN THE ENDS, TAKE A DAILY PILL, USE AN IUD, ABSTAIN - WHATEVER, JUST DO IT, OR RATHER DON'T DO IT.

Babies are a blessing and should be treated as such, if Barb NEVER wanted to get pregnant don't you think the self-centered chick would have ensured that conception would NEVER occur?! It is hard not to bash this character, because when you go back and re-read the chapters she stands out in a mostly negative manner. Even Rufus is plain ole' insane, Barb is not. She is who she is, and we have to accept that but sheesh, this chick really takes the cake. EVERYONE who has more and less than her can see it. WoW!!! The title of this chapter is BETRAYAL..., who is betraying whom? Barb betrays herself. Like I said before, in my opinion the voice talking to her is not her child. No one else is being betrayed, everyone else is trying to survive. Olivia knows her father will kill her, what choice does she have? William knows his crazy brother will get them all killed, what choice does he have? The Blackwell's & Sinclaire's know that the enemy of my enemy may be my friend. What choice do they have? Everyone's choice is life or death, Barb's choice is what decision will give her unencumbered money and she royally F.U.B.A.R'ed it!!! (F*cked Up Beyond All Repair). Barb betrays herself. LOL - See what happens when you go back and re-read chapters. HA!!! Kal you did it again!!! Well Done!!!

Speedy1106Speedy1106about 11 years ago
funny

I started out not liking this particular part of the series, but from the 5th chapter I am starting to get into it. Great chapter for chapter 8. You really know how to make us dislike Barb. I am only staring to like Thorne cause he wants the baby, make him seem more likable. Keep up with the good work. And hope Rufus and Caleb get their butts kicked big time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great

You are a great writer and these stories are my favorite. I think barb will begin to change and maybe her and Thorne will become a family. I've enjoyed every chapter since the beginning please continue!!! I can't wait until

the next chapter and other series with joesph and Victoria.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
To all commentators

You all are so funny, it is like reading another book just to get through each comment. I love this series, but all of Kals stories are good. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
more thorne and barb pleaseeee!!!!

Some wants barb dead, they are forgeting that what you are reading about ethan, martin and patric is there changed versions,"they were rapists who btw physically and emotionaly destroys there victims and that also brings great pain in there family". No matter how bitchy barb is, she is still thousand times better then sinclairs. Funny, how some people thinks that in among rapists, barb doesn't deserve happiness.

Anyways, I know barb will change.she have to defeat the enemy within her, which is really tough and slow process. The change will also make her care for her baby.

Thorne and barb are meant for each other.it would be a interesting love story to read. Some change from the 'so easy going' love story of lousie and other yancys.yuckkkkkk.

Ppppplllleeeaaassseeee!!!!!! Send next chapter and next and next, soonnnn!!!

Kal, you are amazing!!!!!

(And I am not butter-ing you, haha)

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 11 years ago
Darn it!

You've taken a character that we all loved to hate and made her pathetic enough to almost feel sorry for her! That's really good writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Please dnt let Barb find her peace just yet

As much as I am for fighting one's inner conflict. I enjoy the debate and conflict that barb has with her family and her mate. I find it funny, engaging and awe inspiring as she try to find herself slowly but surely. Keep up the good job. By far my favorite of the series list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
PLEASE!!!!!!

please don't leave it like this I need to know wat happens with thorne & Barb...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Continue

Please continue writing you are doing a great job and these is my favorite family and story to read. I can't wait to see what happens with the sinclaires.

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

It may seem strange but I want to see Barbara and Blackwell together... and why can't Noel recognize Celeste as his mate, Jamie recognized Victoria.is it because she is only six

peacelilly2sisterspeacelilly2sistersover 10 years ago
wow

I never cared for the vampire/supernatural genre, until now. Really enjoy your work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkalamazoo707@kalamazoo707
Hello, I can't believe that it's been this long since I've visited this site, I've undergone many changes- many of them good and am contemplating returning to the world of writing. I know I have many unfinished stories and that's where I will start. I hope that all of you are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Thorne Ch. 07 Previous Part
Thorne Series Info