Three Broken Lives the Adventure

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was a cheeky in your face bitch. She always had a smart arse comment, and could cut you down with one of her evil glares. It would have been out of place, aside from the fact she had the chops to back it up, she was that good. She had other annoying traits, as well. She was always full of these deep philosophical sayings. No matter whether we were talking music, or politics, she would drop one of these cutting one-liners that made you go, "What did she just say?" Damn, she was so onto it, I wanted to be her. She made refrigerators look warm, she was that cool.

I wondered if it was as simple as Saffy hoped. I saw the relationship building between them. I didn't think Ellery was going anywhere. I decided rather than making a scene, I would just let it play out.

It came to a head quicker than I thought. It came out of the blue. Noah had been spending nights away from the house, but this particular night. He turned up late and had Ellery with him. I thought Saffy was going to choke when they arrived together.

We had been listening to some music, having a few drinks, just chilling.

Noah walked in announcing, "Hey guys, look who I found hanging around."

Saffy, wasn't exactly rude, but she certainly wasn't happy and went to bed early. I waited for a while before joining her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Saffy?" I growled. "Jesus girl, you were so fucking rude to Ellery."

"I don't like her," she hissed.

Just then we heard Ellery and Noah walking into his bedroom. There was giggling, and laughter, and then as we lay in bed, the unmistakable sounds of lovemaking.

Saffy pulled the blankets up over her head, muttering. "Christ, this is awful."

I snuggled down beside her. "What's the matter, babe, what's this all about?"

She rolled towards me, buried beneath the covers. "I don't know. I feel terrible. Why is Noah interested in her?"

"Saffy, Noah needs to find somebody, I know you have this connection with him, but C'mon, babe, you need to let go. He needs some loving."

"I know, but it hurts; he's part of us. He doesn't need somebody else."

"Yes he does, Saffy, and besides, Ellery, is really nice. Strange, but nice. You have to let go, Saffy, if you don't, Noah will pull out."

I heard her sniffling and cuddled her against me. "Don't let your insecurities get the better of you. He still loves you."

"I don't want to lose our friendship with him, Isaac, I know it's selfish, but I love having him around."

"He'll still be here, Saffy, that is unless you make it hard for him. Ellery is nice. Give her a chance."

"I feel like she is stealing him away," she sniffled. Then it was like a penny dropped, her eyes got big, and she gasped. "Oh my god, is that what it was like for you? Oh Christ, Isaac, I'm so sorry. It must have been. God, what a bitch I was. Can you forgive me?"

I chuckled softly, kissed her gently. "I forgave you a long time ago, Saffy. Now, you have to listen to me. You have to let Noah go. If you don't, he will go anyway, and he will resent you forever."

I felt Saffy get out of bed in the morning, but I was still tired and slept a little longer. It was all the laughing and happy conversation that woke me later.

When I got up, the others were all up and Saffy had made a big breakfast. As I popped my head into the dining room, Noah said, "About time, lazy bastard. You're lucky Ellery made me leave you some bacon."

Saffy gave me a warm sloppy kiss. "Hey, babe, love you. Sit down, I'll get your breakfast."

The mood had changed. Saffy went out of her way to be nice to Ellery, and I saw a shift in Ellery, as well. She seemed more at ease. I guess she must have felt Saffy's negativity.

They disappeared a little later, and Saffy snuggled beside me as I did the clean up. "You're right, Isaac, I was being selfish and I didn't mean to disrespect you. I just felt weird, like I was losing part of us."

"He doesn't belong to us, Saffy, we have an amazing connection and we have shared a lot, but you have to let him go."

"Yeah, I know, it's just hard. I do love him."

"Yeah, me too. He's like the brother I never had, but Ellery is nice."

With the recording finished and released, the record company wanted us to do a short tour to promote it. Not huge, just the major centres. Hamilton, Tauranga, Gisborne, Palmerston North and Wellington, with a South Island tour a couple of months later.

When Saffy, Noah and I sat down to plan it. Noah dropped the bomb. "Dude, I want to take Ellery with us."

"But she said she wasn't interested?" I replied questioningly.

He sniggered. "Yeah, but I think I've changed her mind."

Saffy giggled snidely. "How did you manage that?"

"I have my ways." He chuckled warmly.

"So what are you suggesting, she comes along just as a fill-in?"

"No, I was hoping you were still interested in having her join the band full time."

"What does she think?" Saffy asked.

"Saffy, the reason she turned us down initially is she picked up a negative vibe from you. She thought you didn't like her. Now things have settled down, she is much happier."

Saffy's face dropped. "I'm sorry, Noah, I was being stupid."

"it's okay, Saffy, I told her everything. I think she understands."

"You told her?" I gasped.

"Yeah, sorry, bro, had to."

Both Saffy and I were shocked, but he went on to explain. Ellery had picked up on the vibe anyway, and he had such strong feelings towards her he had to be honest.

That turned out to be the best decision. Ellery did go on tour with, did become a full-time member of the band, and she and Noah now live together. They found a place just up the road from us.

When Noah gave us the news he was moving out, it wasn't unexpected, but there were still tears. It took Saffy a fair while to get to grips with it. I think the saving grace was going on tour again. It brought us all closer together. Now Ellery is just as close a member as Noah. We have a marvellous connection.

As they say. Alls well that ends well. The path was a bit torturous, but we found ourselves in the end.

1...5678910