All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 127'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Unknown Mysteries, Childlike Curiosity, & The Journey

Years ago, the psychoanalysts suggested the unknown space in the psyche was significantly greater than the known space. In Tefler’s TSM, it appears the author is discovering new possibilities for which this marvelous story can evolve (i.e., as each chapter presents new information, the unknown area for future story development increases accordingly). This conclusion appears supported by how John and his crew approach the discovery of new information (e.g., progenitor history, technology, psychic abilities, medicine, alliances, etc.). John & crew’s commitment for increasing knowledge, comprehension, and application moves forward at a pace which encourages asking more questions in the search for additional information.

It also appears the vast majority of readers/commentators find themselves experiencing the same process (i.e., new chapters provide more information, resulting in more questions, the creation of new hypothetical possibilities). The beauty of the childlike (as opposed to childish) experience is wondering what is going to happen next in a story. For most readers/commentators, TSM appears to stimulate these childhood memories of being engaged in a story filled with unknown mysteries. Each reader comment is appreciated when they offer their creative way of expressing thanks and/or hypothetical TSM storyline themes regarding upcoming possibilities.

Can we appreciate Tefler’s TSM with John’s desire to create relationships which lead to continuous growth, development, and support at multiple levels (e.g., individual, group, countries, alliances)? Can we adopt this template in our lives (i.e., appreciate the journey into the unknown)? For most readers/commentators, it appears we are “loving” this template and “so enjoying” discovering what lies ahead for John and his crew as they willingly explore future TSM mysteries. Below are examples of known vs. unknown, new information, questions, and mysteries.

First, in a meeting between the Ashanath High Council and John & crew, Councillor Ularean acknowledges finding the legacy in the Zeta-Pegasus system/ Niryean Rift (ch80, p.6). As Ularean zooms the map in to the Zeta-Pegasus system, Alyssa asks: "If you can, I'd like you to project how this system would look ten thousand years ago. Rotate the asteroid belts back counter-clockwise, taking into account the drift that would occur from the different lengths in orbital paths from the star" ... "Freeze!" ... "I knew it!" The discovery: the asteroid belts had been planets. This information lead to the following question: "What kind of weapon could do that?!

Second: "Then why did you ask us to salvage it (Onyxium) for you?" Rathus asked in confusion. John's response ... with the significant loss of fleet assets, you are likely unable to protect your borders. John offers: (1) a Maliri fleet for protection, (2) upgrading the Ashanath Psi-shapers, (3) using crystal Alyssium for amour, and (4) new technology for weaponry, engines, heatsinks, and scanners. Councillor Ularean's small mouth opened in shock, the rest of the High Council sharing a similar reaction (ch80, p.7). Of course, Ularean asks a question (ch80, p7).

Third, John & Dana are exploring the Mael'nerak ship (with the Ashanath sectional attachment). John asks Dana can you replicate the black armour plating? Her response (ch80, p.9): "Seeing the formula behind all this makes me feel like a little child, dabbling in things she doesn't understand. I should be able to recreate it, but it's going to take weeks of study" … "It makes my 'ultimate material' claim seem like a toddler boasting about building her first sand castle" … "It makes you wonder just how powerful that blast in the Zeta-Pegasus system was, if it could rip through this armour plating like tissue paper." They attempt to confirm or expand a previous answer to this question.

Fourth (ch80, p.9), John & Dana agree walking through the Mael'nerak ship is like a romantic stroll in a park. Later John says: "… As disturbing as it might sound, seeing this part of the ship feels like... coming home." The redhead glanced into the murky gloom beyond, then wrinkled her nose in distaste. "I love you to bits, but I think I'd have to draw the line at living somewhere so depressing! This place makes Karron seem cheery and upbeat!" *I don't want to be the kind of girl that dictates how my man decorates his home,* Alyssa thought to both of them, *but I'm afraid I'll have to put my foot down here.* They could both hear the playfully teasing tone in her voice as she continued, *Maybe we can just set up a jet-black room in the Invictus with blood-red lighting all over the place? Then you can go and hang out in your evil man-cave whenever you feel all dark and Progenitory!*. For John, is more information necessary for the Mael'nerak ship feeling like coming home?

Predictions can be associated with the known vs. unknown, new information, questions, and mysteries. I have included a number of predictions from chapters 80, 82, 83, and 85. One of the predictions is from Telfer. In ch82, p9, Faye Primary and her avatars converse about a way to protect John and his crew from harm. "… you've seen how badly they keep getting hurt," Faye Nonary said, her tone grim but steadfast. "This ship is the primary reason! If we take this away, they won't be able to get into so much trouble!" Like Faye, we create a list of items from which a decision will made to solve a problem. If it is assumed that certain items on the list will not vary (e.g., John & crew are completely safe if not living in the Invictus), the prediction is likely to be error-prone. In ch85, Faye’s discovers a new item while speaking with John (i.e., "I didn't think he'd [progenitor] be attacking so soon! You've never mentioned that before!"). In ch83, p.3, Admiral Devereux includes the same error (i.e., assuming no variation) to the awards ceremony. Her assumption is: the million-plus Terran citizens will be passively spellbound; however, she … drowned out by the upswell of calls from the crowd, incoherent at first, before a million voices managed to synchronise themselves into a relentless chant. "Li-on, Li-on, Li-on...

By the way (ch80, p.1 of public comments, 6/11/17), Tefler writes: “I thought I'd be ending the story by chapter 80, but there's still a bunch of plot arcs to wrap up! I am moving into the tail end of the story now, but there's quite a few chapters to go!” In ch80, p.4, John discusses mission creep with his crew. Question: Is it possible to imagine a “functional” application of mission creep to continued development of TSM? Is it possible as new chapters provide new information … TSM will continue to evolve (i.e., creep) beyond Tefler’s original expectations? Is Telfer’s TSM one of those rare stories that can evolve beyond the unimaginable?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Always great

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Blah...

Very repetitive lately. With the long delays, it's becoming less rewarding to read.

yuramwagyuramwagabout 4 years ago
THANKS MAN

Wow it's super fantastic,that cliff hanger will leave us with many unsatisfied questions hope they will be answered soon coz you won't get peace from us.Thanks again for the story real appreciate your work hope one day I will be able to join your patreon account,for the time being am going to enjoy this super exciting story.Someone asked when it will end,my opinion is that it never end and the story to continue be interesting as always so do your your thing until well you know.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Matriarch Punishment

I think a poetic punishment for the murderous new Malari Matriarchs would be to use Jade to bond them to John and then have him never look at them or touch them again. Having them so close to John but with the knowledge that he has rejected them as mothers. As the years go by and they see Edraele and the Young Matriarchs stay young and fertile while they get old and withered would be a punishment that would get worse every year. Having to use, in their view, inferior border males to side their children and continue their House be a constant reminder of their punishment.

Eventually John will probably have to reorganise the Protectorate, removing the Houses and replacing them with a system of democratic planetary representation with himself as mostly symbolic and ceremonial Leader. Similar to the British Queen or French President.

John may also try to reinvigorate the Galactic League into a system more similar to the European Union. He already controls or have influence on the largest civilizations

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yeeesss

Thank you again Tefler,

Once again a excellent chapter, I swear the only reason I am even still on lit is this one story.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
O My God!!!!!

Superb what a very very huge story. Please keep. Going love it love it. JC

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyabout 4 years ago
Wohoo

Another awesome chapter..

FrikaFrikaabout 4 years ago
Two thumbs up.

Well worth waiting for..

Jbro123Jbro123about 4 years ago

Fuck_ing AWESOME!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Glad your still going Tefler

Glad to see you haven't dropped putting things here or elsewhere for free despite your other side of getting paid.

And first comment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Awesome!!!

Jupp this was awesome. But I do worry about John following in Alyssas footsteps and become drunk on power. It is quite obvious that PJ is winning the battle with john. He somehow has found a way to influence John in such a way that he doesnt recognize it. This last thing. The way he obliterated those Kirrix, is exactly how PJ would have done it. If John had been sane, he would never do such an abominable thing. One thing is to obliterate enemies that are attacking you, another thing is to kill off enemies that didn't even face you in battle, just because you can. John is going dark. and the only one that may be able to bring our loveable anti-progenitor back is Helene. But i doubt she has the power. This is the end. From now on, it wil only be killing and missery, i am afraid.

I am sorry. I am sort of pessimistic today, as i am not feeling well. I loved the thing about Little One and Faye. I now feel certain we will see Faye again. and I look forwards to seeing what sort of new bodies Dana can come up with for the Node Collective.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 4 years ago
Great Chapter

I had forgotten that the previous chapter had ended in a matricidal bloodbath and had to go back and reread the last couple of pages to understand what was going on.

Also, that final scene, wow. Just when I think John can't come up with any more badassery, he does it anyway.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago
Awesome!

I am once again in awe of your talent. Already waiting for the next installment. Thank you. JT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just a thought

Engines are the weak point in the Raptor now. How about changing the components out with Crystal Aliesum (sp) parts. At least the moving parts and component boxes on them Harder materials less friction better performance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks!

It's always a great day when your next chapter is posted. Thank you for sharing your work. A big fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yay !

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks Tefler for the continuation of this wonderful story! Then thanks to Litterotica for putting it up soon after Tefler submitted it, I unfairly doubted you guys, my apologies. Finally thanks to all of you, readers and commenters who keep posting interesting stuff during the wait for the next chapter. I love to speculate with you guys, and I hope you appreciate my frequent imputs.

First Anon of the lengthy post, you have elegantly put what I feel regarding the story. Yes, considering that Tefler announced the nearing end of the story around chapter 80, it certainly feels like the best kind of mission creep! The plot is thick with unresolved subplots, and a few new ones are appearing along the way. Feeling the network of a powerful psychic? I wonder if that could be applied to a Progenitor to not destroy but outright steal his empire from under his nose. I bet on some lengthy speculating about it...

Before I got sidetracked, I was expressing my feeling that the story has still a lot to offer. And knowing Tefler's capacity to surprise us and write compelling and engaging stories, we're going to enjoy the rest of the story as much as we have so far. What is more, and (a bit sadly) reassuring, is that Tefler actually knows how to end a subplot: Mikaboshi, the AI war, Edraelle and her daughters' acceptation of their fate, probably the Kirix by now to quote but a few, it took a fitting long time, but we went to the end of those plots.

So I hope for two slightly contradictory things now: a lengthy story (I'm in for a few more reading years and a few more in-story months) and a satisfying ending, with as few unresolved subplots as possible, but without protracting the story with new challenges after Xar'Aziuth's ultimate demise. A few epilogue chapters are all well and good by me, tying up loose ends, but a new Big Bad would feel like cheating, we already have a godlike entity, there's not much more you can do in the threat department. Hopefully, we're pretty far from that time and will get to enjoy a lot of cool story in the meantime! Please keep the current pace of the story Tefler, you're doing great!

Best Wishes,

Professor Anon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

well done the wait was long but you never do it bad the best is your way.great job THANK YOU ZEKE 7474

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
typo?

isn't it siege of galon prime, not galen prime?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantastic gracias thanks danke merci

Like usual a fantastic read

Merci

PokingdemonPokingdemonabout 4 years ago
Totally Unexpected

Great job on another chapter. Hope you keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good but...

I really like this series but at this point I kind of feel like the sex is getting in the way of a damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
An excellent balance

Every chapter is, of course, answerable to the overall story arc, which is the most important aspect of a story like this. What is impressive with this chapter is the good balance it manages to strike between the different main facets of the story (the emotion, the erotic moments, the excitement, the exploration, and so on) to serve as a microcosm of the story, which is much appreciated given the gap between chapters.

Not every chapter will, or should, fit this balanced layout, of course, in order to keep the enthralling broader story on track. Looking forward to the next.

txcrackertxcrackerabout 4 years ago
Great Chapter !

Great Chapter the only problem i see is the wait for new chapters , this is where you got your start , the Patraen has made you comfortable , I know I'M there too . I feel you aren't giving Lit a fair shake , I enjoy this story so why the great time lag , I'm more inclined to read from where you started .

Thanks for the read

txcracker

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not my favorite chapter.

Mostly a drawn out description of squashing bugs, and there are a half dozen loose threads from earlier chapters left unaddressed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
cool

Nothing like checking in to see if another chapter is up! Then when you see a new one and stop everhthing until you finish it.

odainamiteodainamiteabout 4 years ago
i like it, however...

I have been a fan of your story since 2017, and i have to say that, in my opinion, you are one of the best writers on this site. regarding the story i love it, as usual, the balance between the characters and the story's progression is top notch.my only complaint is that it's taking a long time to publish chapters, which is unusual since you for the most part are very consistent, therefore i don't know if you are becoming lazy, and complaisant, or you are suffering from writers block. having to wait double the time for the same amount sucks because i expected to get a meaty chapter, but alas.

i do hope you return to your schedule, because the wait is honestly bad as is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A long wait and a long story - by BC

Many thanks for the new chapter in an endless story. I really hope that the end will not come too soon, i.e. that the fight against the Astral-God will wait. And I really hope that there will be no other new end-boss. In a way I don't expect the progenitor-problem to end with the end of the astral overlord, because old habits die hard. So after the boss fight there may be some fights with the underlings - we will see.

I think Tefler has projected his story like a computer game or maybe like a manga-series. He constructs longer story arcs, yes, but there a upgrades and new powers etc. Elements of the story are sex, fights, scavenger hunting. We have some psychology, some character-building, some politics, but the fighting and the hunting for information - and the sex - are the core of the story.

My experience with long stories is, that there are more and more problems at the end of the story. Most internet stories are experiments, an idea, born in the fantasy of a writer and tested in one of these nice little playgrounds like literotica. The beginning is easy, enthusiastic, but in the long run every new chapter seems harder. You need to clear all the details that are so easy to manage in the beginning. You need plans and lists and you have to hold your universe together. And - really hard - you have to hold your story together. If the story is complex enough, writing is hard work.

My experience is that many long and good stories don't come to an end. Who believes that G.R.R. Martin writes the end of Game of thrones in his livetime here? Frank Herberts "Dune" ended as a torso. Tolstojs "War and Peace" is the torso of a work to the decabrists-revolution. Proust "Temps perdu" - perdu.

Some long erotic stories, free to read on the internet, get new chapters once a year. Some faded out without an proper ending. The long wait - as hard as it is - is the normal way of such stories. So my greatest respect to Tefler that he gives us our drug ten ore more times a year. Sure, his plan was to write more chapters. Plans... Then comes reality. I thought long ago that Teflers plans are really ambitious. I have fun with every new chapter. The long waiting don't make me wonder.

My question is: What gives Tefler more fun with his work for us. Money? Not on literotica. Whining? Sure not. Everything is free here - for him and for me. Thanks and respect? I hope so.

Keep on going!

To the Prof Anon: I don't think the Kirrix arc will end soon. There is the big mystery of the construction of the Kirrix. Maybe the Achonin were better genetic engineers as the in many ways lazy and predictable progenitors. Maybe Mael'nerak has learned his genetic engineering hobby from them. And then there are the Enshunu. Tefler does his best to make the Maliri weaker and weaker: The fleets are scattered everywhere around and internal dissens is growing.

I hope there are many chapters in the pipeline. In the name of good entertainment: Beware of any quick end!

BC

Hardrider56Hardrider56about 4 years ago
DAMN that was good

Been waiting for the new chapter and you hit it out of the ball park

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sex, Fight and Scavenger hunting?

Hi BC Anon!

I really appreciated your comments, and while I may dissent on the Kirix matter, not their origin, that's a pretty interesting point, but the threat of Kirix fleet is pretty much done by now for me, I completely agree with the bulk of the rest of your message!

Yes, Tefler probably appreciate all the love for his work (and speculation about it too) that we peasant freeloaders show here, certainly more than whining about the next coming update. Yes, I also wish for an as long as possible story, and hope we are nowhere near the end. And you made me realize that actually writing that story will be hard work given the built up complexity of the created world and story, so again all my cheers to Tefler and my best wishes for him and his growing family!

You mentioned the Enshunu, and I'm glad not to be the only one worrying about them. All the more so as they have faded in the background, their discretion is comparable to the assassin's plot, only cryptically appearing before becoming a major threat to the party in the blink of an eye. They keep me on edge, like a disquieting silence in the jungle. I fear an alliance between them and the Brimorians would pose a significant threat to the Maliri, enough to mobilize their fleet and distract them from, say, a Progenitor invasion...

You also theorized that Sex, Fight and Scavenger hunting where the cornerstones of this story. While their importance is real, I think that the real drive to TSM lies in the other half of your statement: improvement, a bit like games or many an epic story. The crew is constantly either improving or trying to: be it their martial or psychic prowesses, the depths of their relationships, the state of the various empires, their knowledge of the Galaxy and its ancient mysteries, John and the girls are constantly progressing in one field or the other.

That may be why Faye's death struck as hard. She was easily one of the characters who had progressed the more in the story, from simple sprite to full-blown AI, from a dangerous and alien contraption to one of the girls, from malevolent surveillance to trusted guardian of the ship. Her demise reset all this progress, this fundamental drive of the story, to nothing. Now, with the growing hope of seeing her resurected, the story has new progression to offer to all of the gang, and new artificial lifeforms who can progress on their own, even making mistakes, a sure sign of growth.

Sex, Fight and Scavenger hunting all help to underline, justify, showcase or call for the progression of the characters. Intimacy both shows the progress of the relationships and justifies their evolution of personal power. Combat is used to show the need for progress, and, when coming back at the same foes, to demonstrate that very progress. Scavenger hunting and technology unlocking are there to justify the progress but also serve as a reminder of all that has been accomplished so far. To me, improvement is the main drive of the story, and one of the reasons I enjoy it so much, as it is admirably paced, and both fits in and generate an excellent story.

Do you agree with me? Is there another drive to the story that I missed? I'd be happy to hear your, and others' thoughts about it! (While I'm not a litterary criticist by trade, I feel like back in high school, but this time it's fun to try to analyze the work of an author... Tefler, is this weird for you to have us speculate? Fun/entertaining? Enlightening? Enraging? I always wondered what an author thought about people dissecting his works...)

Best Wishes,

Professor Anon

maddictmaddictabout 4 years ago

"I have you at last". DV

The fighting strikes me as easy, compared to the Malari hierarchy.

"a simple blow and go." If it doesn't kill you ben enthalis it will make you stronger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
PJs' Last Stand

Given what we've seen of Progenitor Johns' (PJ) MO I'm guessing that he's angling for another ambush of Terran John (TJ). PJ has been in total visual and auditory sense lockdown since the Rahn showdown, but he's somehow managed to replete his energy stores every time he's been locked away before so he's likely able to guess what TJ is up to, likely from paying attn to energy buildup and power usage. PJ has limited himself to only blocking TJs access to the Astral when Alyssa is present, but being under sense lockdown since the showdown, but aware of the eldritch flow, particularly just how strong it has become, forces PJs hand to ambush at this time as TJ does not attempt the Astral if he's not forced to by adding to the team. What is also forcing PJs' hand is the new reality that TJ is approaching having the upper hand on PJ. The desperately conciliatory tone that PJ had as TJ locked him away confirms this. Sadly for PJ he has a tell. The *one* time that TJ was able to move to the Astral to use Telepathy without interference, TJ ambushed.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

Almost nothing better than a good bloody fight to get the heart beating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Totally gripping as always

Once I found you had published this chapter I had to read it and just couldn't put it down. The problem is, now I have to wait for the next one. Great storytelling, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks tefler!

Enjoyable as always

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Chapter 130 was just finished...

Does that mean we get Chapter 128 in the near future? 0_o

Red8_2PlayRed8_2Playabout 4 years ago
Amazing again...

Like many here...

Whenever you let us back in your story...

We just can't stop until we reach the end of the chapter...

And then... having just have our fix...

We know all of us...

That we will soon suffer from the shake...

Until we get our next fix from your next chapter..

Tefler... you do know you create a bunch of addict.

and since chapter 1... the bunch keep growing...

High five for another great chapter of your TSM saga.

tip of the hat Sir.

Keep feeding us.... with your imagination...

I am one of your earlier Fan...

Read your whole story twice..

I do understand some of the comment about the gap in between chapter...

You must know that we crave your next chapter.

But there is no excuses to make snide comments about you.

Please continue to ignore those and I thank you for your pledge to keep posting your story here for free.

Did not comment for a long time... and just felt I had to add my 2 cents..

By the way... there are so many good stories to read here on Lite...

Come on Guys... just broaden your horizons a bit..

Red8

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ch. 130

Only Chapter 130 part 1 is finished. The second part will be a couple of more weeks so I doubt you will get 128 until it's done.

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
128

I think 128 will be about four weeks waiting. But that is a rough estimation, sometimes chapters are not that quick, at least when they are "long" as double or treble chapters. Usual is about 30K+ words.

BigDog167BigDog167about 4 years ago
You know you are good

when you just posted a chapter and people are already wanting the next. Some writers get upset with people asking for the next chapter, the smart writers know it is the highest compliment they can get.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Conjectures, by Professor Anon

Hi everyone !

While we wait for the next chapter to be published, sooner or later, there is a specific point in this chapter that I would like to discuss. I already mentioned it as a side-thought, but I think it deserves an independent comment.

John just wiped out the entire Kirix fleet commanded by that Queen! Not by blasting away their ships, but through an awesome display of psychic might! That is, to me, significant on possibly many layers.

First, the obvious but really enjoyable "fuck yeah" feeling of John completely coming to terms with the more magical aspect of his powers and smashing the Kirix Queen in a telepathy attack. He's not the hesitant apprentice he used to be, he's a semi-mighty Kyth'Faren now! I say semi-mighty because a great deal of his powers are yet to develop or be unlocked from his guide, he's mighty alright on a human and normal extraterrestrial scale, but might still be a middleweight in the Progenitor/Kyth'Faren league. Though if you add the girls to the mix, he's already mighty on a Progenitor scale, I was thinking individually...

Story-wise, what he did is a fantastic accelerator, the team will not have to clear out thousands of Trankarans if the eggs are dead already! I'm not sure they will be, both options would make sense...

Then there's the slightly worrying pass out... Is Progenitor John going to break out of his prison? I don't think so, but maybe Rahn will be needed to help him out of his torpor. Or maybe he will just sleep it off. Interesting point but it will be resolved soon (has been resolved for those on Patreon, I'm sure).

What may still be in the works is tangent to the method: John sensed the psychic network of the Queen and sent a powerful psychic wave to clear everything connected bellow her. This opens two possibilities that I find pretty cool against two other powerful psychic foes: the Progenitors and Xar'Aziuth himself.

Possibility one is to surprise a Progenitor, mind-rape him, and either exploit the drainage of thralls and kill them all or do the same thing as with the Kirix and overcharge-fry all of them. That could be efficient, and would be an awesome show of power, but I prefer the second option because John isn't ready for mass psychic murder on a civilization scale and because it would feed too many souls to the Big Bad.

Possibility two is much better on those two accounts. Provided John can access a Progenitor mind, by strength or surprise, could he use access to his network to, instead of killing everyone, subverting the psychic flow and essentially stealing the entire network? The thought must not have crossed his mind with the Kirix (I shiver at the idea of any form of Kirix joining either the gang or Alyssa's network..), but thrall races would make good wards to John, and it would preserve the Progenitor's empire civilian and military infrastructures. Cut the head of the snake and replace it by your own in one swift move, that would be highly effective, efficient, protagonist oriented and several shades of grey lighter than repeated galactic genocide....

If John increases his power this way by phagocyting several Progenitors' empires, he could have the ressources to take on Xar face to face, or at least efficiently protect his little corner of the Galaxy... And perhaps he could do the same thing to Xar and his Progenitor network, and end them all at once...

What do you think? Am I making a mountain out of a molehill or do you also think that technique might be if not the, at least part of the engame move of the gang?

Best Wishes,

Professor Anon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Continuity

Hi,

Let me be clear - I am totally impressed by TSM!

I am now on my fourth reading of the whole series.

But,

#108

Dana grinned as she replied, "I just checked with Faye: her boys finished installing the Solid-Phase Shield Matrix last night and the Zero-Point Regulators were all fitted this morning!

#127

John glanced at the Invictus' shield status as they were struck by dozens of neutron beams. The Brimorian Shield Generator robbed the sickly green energy attacks of much of their strength, greatly increasing the longevity of his ship's defences.

OK so what happened to the solid-phase shield matrix??

Just an observation...?

So many story threads to keep checking on!

Similarly, I have yet to work out:

- If now 125 x Crystal Allysium - Why are the personal suits NOT at that level.

- How can John super-size while still in a suit. Twice now..

REALLY looking forward to the next installment.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago
Re continuity

Solid phase shield meaning nothing solid can pass..., Still expect some minor impact from energy weapons.

They just haven't gotten to reshaping the suits

The material is psychicly active

Just my observations

JT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing

I have never posted here before but I feel I have to in this case, not only is this by far my favourite thing I have ever seen on this site, but this is one of the best overall stories I have ever read in my life.

The emotions you can make the readers feel is utterly mind-blowing, I feel myself connected to John and his girls which is astounding.

I have binge read this entire thing to this point over the past week, and cannot wait for what is to come. You have amazing talent to not only make an erotic novel, but create an entire universe to go along with it. This has been an amazing journey so far and I thank you for every aspect of it.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago
Can't wait to see how this gets answered.

Kaelotegh said quietly, studying the exposed territory. "The tides of war can be cruel and unforgiving... as they will soon learn at great cost."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
RE: Continuity

The Brimorian shield generators increase how much damage the shields can absorb, but like all normal shields they can't block missiles, torpedoes, or ships. A solid shield matrix changes that. They'll always have the matrix equipped along with whatever shield tech they aquire/develope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The pace of the story reaches new heights

Everything has been accelerated. Plot lines advance. New ones begin. With every new chapter I begin by rereading the last two chapters, so the story continuity flows. Excellent story that is obviously well thought out as well as written. Tefler continues to do a great job and I thank you for posting here

arcaedianarcaedianabout 4 years ago
Awesome

I'm so happy this is still going... I figured it would have been finished up being so long, I can't wait to read more... I wanna know what happens with John and I'm wanting to know more about the other Progenitors...

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 4 years ago
I've been binge reading...

Tefler, you are talented and a genius in this genre. You make it fun, exciting, and sexy to read your writings.

I see that at times you cut the story short and don't drag out the sex scenes any more than a 'fade to black'. Thank you!

A bit too lengthy with the depth of feelings development, but it does add. A bit.

You have me hooked. This is what great writing should be!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Other stories

Hi everyone!

While we wait for the next installment of our favorite series, there are a few series on this very site that are pretty cool, definitely worth reading! I will specially advise House For Horny Monsters and Endangered, they have a similar harem vibe with some fantastic elements and a deep story, on the urban fantasy side of speculative fiction.

You may have read/be reading them, and maybe be reading others. This site has some pretty good stories, and I would be grateful if you have some reading advice for me!

Best Wishes,

Professor Anon

BigDog167BigDog167about 4 years ago
Re, Other Stories

BurntRedstone's Jack series is good. His Shepard series is too but it is all normal earth bound humans.

If you can handle a werewolf story, Jaisen's Busters Story is great. Not a kiddie story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Your forgot one BigDog167

BurntRedstones Satyr Play is excellent as a new chapter is due in a few months. It's more fantasy based.

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960about 4 years ago
More other stories while waiting

Cowboys and Aliens, by kkindle (progressing nicely)

Almost everything by Lost Boy

Starlight Gleaming, by TJSkywind (slowed down, but last few chapters r huge)

My Only Talent, by conanthe (has slowed down production)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Game Changer

To exterminate that many Kirrix at once. I know of a few cities needing this quality of Pest Control service :-).

John just unlocked (invented) a new way for progenitors to use psychic energy. Another level, all of his own. But where in the "darkness" did it take him????

Excitedly anticipating next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank you from a reader

Thank you very much Tefler for this great series, I am from Venezuela a country in crisis that is named a lot and this is one of the few hobbies that can be kept that are worthwhile, thank you very much and I hope it continues if I liked the books and I really like this.

rjsnowblind12rjsnowblind12about 4 years ago
Re, other stories

try A Spartan's War Chronicles by Michael J. Cropo

Unfortunately the author has passed away, but its a very long very good series.

https://aspartanswarchronicles.com/Home

Death_samuraiDeath_samuraiabout 4 years ago
Update please

Morning sir

Any chance on getting an update on the expected due date of the next chapter please?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bored and Quarantined ☹️

@Tefler Hi.... Chapter 128 will help us to pass some time... #Tefler

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago
Did anyone else notice...,

That Rachel showed us all how to make Faye organic?

"I know what you're thinking, but a fully grown clone would have a brain that lacked the synapses and neurons formed by the memories of that person's lifetime," Rachel explained patiently. "You'd need to grow a fully viable clone, then find a way to update the brain with everything that made the original person... them."

How they just need to find the incubator Mael used.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
in response to realusmctazman

If you have read the whole story to create a biological fate, they only need a body and using the neural implants that were used to turn sakura into an assassin, they can create the personality that they want, all they need is a body, technically they could already to have done it but they have not done it for moral reasons it is not necessary to mess around much and the author will bring it back at the right moment

waiting for the 128 we can do nothing but wait

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I just have to say...

HOLY EFFIN' CRAP!

That was truly epic!

Thanks Tefler!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is what I needed.

My three square meals is never disappointed,I love this story please keep up the good work.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago
Re: annon

You are correct, but once Mael's throne world is found, his warp gate, soul forge (maybe), other hidden tech, and his lab where he created ashan,tark,teran,drak, etc should also get located and they should learn the secrets since all the girls are talent specific and would be able to create the living being injecting rates memories as it "cooks" so to speak with no moral ambiguity.... Just random thoughts you get when you re read knowing what is to come. Can't wait to see how they get out of the darkness, and what the master storyteller has for us in the next chapter. JT

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
Soul-forge

I think we have already seen the soul-forge in action when Dana on Arcadia repaired the Invictus in one go, relying on John and the power he could send to help her. She felt how the Invictus was "feeling not right" and she reforged the places she felt as being "wrong" by telling the materials to go back to the correct state, titanium and Cristal Allysium. John is supposed to create a ship from the raw materials or even create the materials "on the fly" while creating the ship.

Maybe John is able to create a ship from a white material in stead of the black so preferred by the progenitors.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago
Hoping you may be right

I didn't think of it that way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The ending grabbed us. Great battle details painted gory depictions of the slaughter. I also enjoyed the melee murdering by the younger members of the houses, in the sense that there's finally some death among all this war going on, in a place where it should have been expected due to how the Maliri society set it up long ago. However, while it's cold and calculated...it's still kind of a token hat tip to the real horrors of war. I suppose some of that is provided by the decimated Trankaran civilians that didn't deserve Kirrix infestations and ruptured painfully. It's because of the war that when "red" is getting horny just being around John and basically says "hey, how about a quick blowjob" that it feels really misplaced. Right after that we hear about the "9 minutes and 13 seconds to intercept the Kirrix" and I'm scratching my head as to why that happened at all, as I would expect everyone to be so tunnel-focused on getting ready that such an interlude would break the mindset. It doesn't matter how "advanced" they are, it's kind of like that sense of foreshadowing wasted in the chapter where it seemed a Progenitor would come out and cause mayhem...but it never happened.

Certainly no one will feel compassion for the Kirrix and that's been a long time coming. I don't think I can buy John wiping out the entire Hive mind with one blow, as that's a bit convenient, kind of like rebounding from discovering Faye created the Collective and why, then saying "ok, we'll get her back." That would be beyond belief.

I would say the "orgy" scene could have been deleted with the catgirls in favor of further elaboration on Theo/Luce and that intrigue--to say nothing of reading nothing about that William left in space, that's still in a coma somewhere and he could have up and died for all we know...that's such an underdeveloped part and that could really develop something we haven't seen for a while.

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
Soul-forege redux

@Realusmctazman: The first appearance of Dana using the soul-forge was in chapter 116 when she repaired the power-regulator of the hyper-pulse generator which was destroyed after it was damaged in the Battle of Terra.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
please let us have the next chapter

as we are now under curfew here in Europe - corona - please let us have the next chapter to make it easier to stay at home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
RE soul forge

I still think the soul forge uses thrall life force, either in it's construction or its operation. Rahn thought John should have his own BP ship and countless thralls by now, but was amazed at how powerful he is. And Dana was only able to repair the ship because of all the psychic energy fed to her. Alyssa has never implyed any ability to manipulate the black metal like Crystal alyssium alloy. The only reason she and John could psychically manipulate it is because of the etherite crystals in it which up to now only come from the Ashanath home world

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Forge

I still think the black metal Star Forge used by the Trankarans is actually a Progenitor Soul Forge, but since they have no thrall souls to power it, they use a star. But it very well could be both, in that a Progenitor does like Dana, but rather than repair all at once, they create the ship's hull structure all at once.

tbirdracer

verysadboyverysadboyabout 4 years ago
Re: Soul-forge

I believe the soul-forge uses souls to forge things. Alyssa hates the black metal because it's made with souls. We've been introduced to the concept of using souls to power constructs in the neither.

BigDog167BigDog167about 4 years ago
Tefler OK?

Has anyone heard from Tefler recently? I am hoping he is not sick with the virus, or anything else for that matter. Usually not this long before we hear at least something from him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Quaratine?

THAT is horrendous thinking. Tefler and everybody else here, please be safe.

MsftGh0stMsftGh0stabout 4 years ago
Where is Tefler?

The last update on his Patreon is dated March 17th. We should be getting an update soon. He may be focusing on getting his previous chapters published. He has met his goal per chapter to write full time. I'm patiently impatient. Yes I'm wanting new chapters, but realized that he is giving us the ability to view these free. So I wait for Tefler to release his next chapter on Literotica.com or Storiesonline.net.

RusthemodRusthemodabout 4 years ago
Tefler is fine.

There are real life concerns he has to deal with, but he is fine, the kids are fine, and mom is fine. He should be releasing a new chapter on Patreon within a few days and after that the next installment (Chapter 128) here. Be aware though, chapter 130 is a double chapter, so there will be a two month wait (minimum) coming up soon.

The next two chapters (129-130 part 1 and part 2) are pretty freakin wild! So they are definitely worth the wait.

TTYL!

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 4 years ago
I think Tbirdracer is correct

During a re-read of the story, I noticed a detail I had missed. During Niskera’s visit to the Trankaran star forges, one sentence refers to Niskera looking at the black metal star forges.

Now, some wild-ass speculation (mine, not Tbirdracer’s). The Enshunu are a former thrall species like the Maliri, and when their progenitor was killed the male Enshunu took over as the enslavers of their females. Just a guess.

Thanks Tef! The awesomeness continues!!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Soul Forge and other thoughts

I agree with some of the previous comments about Soul Forges using actual souls.

In Fact I bet that's why their so strong is because the soul usage gives the black metal a slight self healing and repair ability similar to when Dana felt the ship and its "wounds" and repaired it. I bet the reason Alyssa hates the black metal is that most souls end up fused with the metal unwillingly, I bet It's also a cruel and painful process. I bet eventually when they find Maelnareks Soul Forge in Maliri Space they won't use it but will learn alot about the black metal and find a less cruel way to mimick it.

If you think about it Progenators and their empires are built on pain suffering and cruelty. Johns empire is built on love, and sex. Similar to Monsters Inc where laughter is more powerful than screams. Both are built on different types and amount of emotion. That's the true key to Johns eventual victory. We just haven't seen how yet. His guide even said the one thing John had done right was energy creation. And we all know how he did that.

Anonymous,

just another reader in the storm.

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
130-2

This part is out on Patreon. The caveat is that Tefler said i the release note that he is thinking to add a small new scene to it as it is 29K large.

So now the waiting of the release of 128 is started. I hope that will be for about a fortnight but I keep my fingers crossed.

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
Black Ship material.

I think that the soul-forge uses the soul of the progenitor using it. He uses the souls of his thralls as on of the elements in the melt. Crystal Alyssium is psycho active and it may be a half-product for the black metal.

As Crystal Alyssium becomes stronger due to reforging maybe there is an upper limit of numbers of reforging until it becomes comparable with the black material.

As usual so much questions and so few answers and even more hints...

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
130

Is now complete on Patreon, and it includes a new scene.

I hope that the countdown is not reset for 128...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

1. The way John gains power has to beat the other progenitors, and I think he will learn more about the fortresses in the psychic realm to banish the mist monsters.

2. This chapter was pretty boring with overly long descriptions of killing the Kirrix.

3. I need a life because I check this site way too often looking for the next chapter to answer those lingering questions that I hoped would have been answered in this chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Who inherits all the Kirrix ships?

What is going to happen to all the Kirrix ships now that the kirrix controllers have been killed? I bet there is a powerful psychic ally who could put them to good use opening up another front against the Brimorians.

hpinghpingabout 4 years ago
128

Tefler made a quick appearance on the Discord site and said that he would check the chapter for any missed edits before he would submit 128 for publication here and on SOL.

So maybe 2 to 3 days of waiting...

I hope that I do not get the Coronavirus. I do not want to miss the end of this story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The fans need you more than ever Tefler

Take care of your health...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Master writer ???

This is what good writing looks like. Yet another intriguing episode. Thanks to Tefler and his team. Keep them coming.... (er ... don't read like that)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing

Gripped me from beginning to end ... A masterpiece of story telling, can't wait for the new chapters ... Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A number of you commenters have stated Alyssa hates...

the black metal. I'm not usually one to question others recollections because I'm brain damaged and struggle with certain types of memories, but I thought Alyssa hated the ships, not the metal, because of all the psychic imprints left behind by sucked-dry thralls/dead thralls.

The first experience was with the black ship the Ashanath have, (the partially destroyed one). Then it was 'Dad's' ship next, wasn't it? I don't recall her being impacted by that ship because Dad was still alive and hadn't lost thralls on his ship. Then dear old Dad suck his thralls back home dry, and the ship was lost.

The next ship was the other progenitor, which Alyssa did have issues with, then they wiped out that progenitor and Dad got that ship.

Isn't that how things went? I am bit sketchy on the 2nd and 3rd ship. Was there a black ship on the planet 'Mom' had been on, where her and Dad had spent, what a thousand years, or something like that, (maybe the thousand years was before they met and made John)?

Anyway, my point is, it wasn't the black metal affecting Ms Matriarch I, was it?

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Quarantined , so time to read and enjoy

Love this epic journey

Please post more .. another week to go with go reading, but would love some great reading from you

Thanks

anonymouse2020anonymouse2020about 4 years ago
Enshunu and a body for Faye

The template for a thrall race is very specific with only color variations, and perhaps they look like that under the armor ... but ... they lack other characteristics: we’ve seen mostly (all?) males with clearly male leadership while thrall races are 95% female and matriarchies. They also showed no reaction to the appearance of John, and unclaimed races have a much more powerful response. Their tech also doesn’t seem to resemble thrall tech the way Maliri tech does, from their ship descriptions.

Plus they seem to know something of the “life cycle” when a progenitor claims a thrall race, and where they got THAT knowledge is a really big question; Larn’kelnar’s thrall race doesn’t know. None of the races Mael’nerak created knew. (Except the warning from Valada, his former matriarch, and they were mostly lost!) The Vulkat and Kirrix knew to be terrified of progenitors but don’t have a clue how they started. Only progenitors who did it know.

As for an organic body with a cybernetic brain for Faye ... John saw the cybernetics in Sakura as “holes” he couldn’t connect to or influence, unlike the organic body. So even if her body could be influenced like the lionesses, she wouldn’t be in the psychic network that way ... and I think Faye would be terribly disappointed by that; it would be hardly better than the body Dana made for her. (Obviously assuming Faye is coming back, which seems Almost certain)

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 4 years ago
Hey GeoD

Literotica is very slow to post comments now, so if other responses are already in the pipeline please don’t feel like anyone is piling on.

Going by memory (risky, if I take a full hour for lunch I must be retrained at work) Alyssa has been in three Progenitor flagships. The first was Mael’nerak’s ship, the Ashanath’s Legacy. The second was Rahn’hagon’s (John’s father) wrecked ship. The third was Larn’kelnar’s ship when the girls rescued John and Rahn. You are correct, Alyssa senses the anguish of the thralls who died on all three of those ships during the thousands of years they existed. Thralls died from being drained by their masters, in combat against boarding parties, in accidents, etc. While fighting the Drakar on the Legacy this led to Alyssa being overcome and passing out.

But there are several references to the black metal itself bothering Alyssa. I believe she even commented that “There is something wrong with that metal.” She doesn’t like touching it, and refused to don black thrall armor while on Larn’kelnar’s ship. Alyssa does have a bad “reaction” to the metal itself, not just the psychic imprints. We also know that psychic imprints in other places also bother her, such as on the Kirrix ships.

Anyhow, I’ve done a recent re-read from about chapter 57 to now, so I’m caught back up. :-( Needless to say, I’m jonesing for my next fix. So glad I’ve been working and not quarantined, or I would be insane by now.

Thanks Tef!! It just keeps getting better!

HillCountryCowboy

tbirdracertbirdracerabout 4 years ago
GeoD

You make a good point. Really, the only objects made from black metal Alyssa touches are the Progenitor ships, and she has felt the echoes of lost souls on all of them. But, when John and Alyssa both have mentally shaped an object from the lesser quality black metal alloy that Dana has refined, it always turns white. I think this is Tefler's way of differing the pure, innocent, love based energy used by John and his crew from the typical way a Progenitor derives the energy they use with the black metal. I don't think Alyssa has touched any black metal objects other than the ships yet for us to determine if there is any difference, but the ships have certainly experienced death onboard from the various battles and Progenitor needs for extra power. For now, the only objects we really see originating from Progenitor black metal are the ships. Maybe in a later chapter we will see if Alyssa reacts from any black metal in the old laboratory, but I suspect it really doesn't matter. John won't kill thralls, so an upgraded ship won't use thrall souls to be built. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that somehow John and Dana will work with the Trankarans to build a new hull structure of white alloy in the Star Forge. But for now, the Federation titanium structure is still working.

Tbirdracer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
has darkness claimed Tefler too?

Apparently the next chapter is not posted yet.... Something sinisterly about the waiting and silence from Tefler on this site. Maybe I am just reacting to the globe threatening virus that's currently inspiring an almost progenitor like dread about the economy and the future and the doom of civilization .... making Tefler's story feel prophetic in hindsight....

waiting to be rescued by the next update to Tefler's story,

Hopeful fan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Message to Geod...

in a future chapter Alyssa's aversion to Black metal will become clear.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 4 years ago
Enshunu

I agree, so far as we know, the only resemblance the Enshunu have to a thrall species is being humanoid. But what humanoid species do we know of that aren’t thrall species, or Mael’nerak’s creations? And when the high kluckety-muck Enshunu viewed the video of John and the girls in action at the Achonin refinery in the lawless wastelands, he said “Can he be one of the old masters?” Food for thought!

Thanks Tef! I hope you and your readers all have a blessed Easter!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Actually it might make sense

We know Mael'nerak was originally a normal Progenitor and changed later. We don't know the origin of Shroud. It's possible the Enshunu were a prior thrall race and their old master could've made the Shroud. If that were the case he might've been more open with them. The Enshunu master could've died at Mael'nerak's hands and perhaps the Shroud was even an attempt to stop his attacks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enshunu - Achonin

I suspect that the Enshunu are somehow related to the Achonin. Maybe after Maelnerak defeated the Achonin, he enslaved the surviving Achonin by modifying their genes in a way that somehow lead to their society to devolve into a race of pain seeking torturers, who after 70,000 years started calling themselves Enshunu.

Also we haven't seen any female Enshunu who might still be having physical attributes that are attractive to a progenitor. But even that is not exactly necessary. The greys, the Drakkars and the Trankarans are far from the ideal thrall race in terms of their physical attributes, yet we know Maelnerak created them.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 4 years ago
Enshunu-Achonin

The Enshunu definitely seem to know more about the Achonin than anyone else does. And they know about the Maliri, despite the Maliri being hidden for millennia.

Random thought - might John, when all is said and done, use Mael’nerak’s genetic expertise along with John’s ability to gather psychic echoes to “resurrect” species annihilated by Progenitors and the Kirrix?

Thanks for the wonderful tale, Tef!

HillCountryCowboy

DutchDragonDutchDragonabout 4 years ago
Black metal

My theory about the black metal and the soul forge is that the soul forge (as its name states) uses souls of thralls to create the black metal.

This is then also the reason why Alyssa hates the stuff.

PS. sorry if there are grammer mistakes. I am not from an English speaking country.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
128

It's on it's way

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES