All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 030'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
muze1602muze1602about 8 years ago
Nice cliffhanger ending

Nothing like keeping the tension up to keep all of us wanting to see what happens next. The new info on John's parentage is thought provoking and keeps it interesting as well. Maybe there'll be a renegade "Progenitor" he'll meet in the future to give him more info and help John realise some other powers he has?!?!

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

I've nearly finished chapter 31, so that i'll submit that in a day or two.

basurabasuraabout 8 years ago
Fragments of old stories and interpretations

The stones are "fragments" or at most summaries of old tales. Who says they are slaves? What if they are willing followers? What if the Progenitors are stopping wars? Who says all those fragments don't talk about one lone Progenitor?

Those fragments can mean many different things. And the interpretation of them can be twisted, willingly or by mistake, to mean many more.

It's a nice touch because it leaves the door open to future plot changes while adding details and backstory now.

On a different topic, you had hinted how his regeneration worked, and I think now it's clear, even while not implicitly said. If it works the way I think it does it answers a question previously discussed in the comments (I will not say anything to avoid posible spoilers that Tefler won't comment on)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!!!

Thank you once more for a wonderful chapter.

Wow, this is certainly a chapter that opens a lot of possibilities for new turns and twists in the plot. I'm very curious what effect the addition of (Rachel as) the new medical officer will have on the dynamics of the " Team Invictus" ...

And so the excruciating wait for the next chapter begins... :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Looking forward to the recruitment process...

Perhaps there should be a few auditions? Or at least in depth interviews of potential candidates?

Also, I definitely enjoyed Alyssa offering to indulge darker fantasies.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"Looking forward to the recruitment process."

This comment made me laugh. You'll see why when you read chapter 31, which I've now finished and just needs to be edited.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 8 years ago
A revealing chapter.

I was curious about John's origins. Now we know.

Let's see what happens with the hired killer...

I'm still hooked on this series...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Came here for the sex...

But kept reading for the story. I gotta say this has been one of the better stories I have read. Can't wait for yet another chapter in the story of 'Johnblake' and who the dastardly villain is that is hunting him.

PaxITPaxITabout 8 years ago
I look forward to see how this story develops...

As a comment to a previous post, I came here for the story, not for the sex.

Having said that, you have a great ability to vary the sex scenes, but in the end you can only do so much with it. I know some will disagree with me, but I find myself skipping through the sex scenes because I want the story - it is that good.

I have a feeling you'll end up like many others - toning down the sex part quite a bit because you have a story that is so good... And instead use time to make the characters come more alive, deepen them as personalities, elaborating more on the dark sides of his ancestry and personality, and the struggle within him as a person.

I also think that if you haven't already done so, you should plan ahead to the next books - and yes, books in plural, as this can grow to become one of the great stories here. I've seen other writers do the same, and you can do it too...

I believe this has the potential to become one of the great stories, and you certainly have it in you to do so.

Good luck, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"I find myself skipping through the sex scenes because I want the story"

Yeah, its a tricky one as a writer, trying to cater for lots of different tastes regarding story content.

I took some of the earlier advice I received to heart, and have tried to make the sex scenes either lead to some character development, or be the catalyst for some other kind of relationship change. Please be forewarned though, I've finished chapter 31 and there's a lot of "character development" in that one! ;-)

Ultimately I'm writing the story as I'd like to read it, and I try to get a good mix of everything in there. I probably could focus a bit more on battles (either ship or personnel), but I think I'd end up running the risk of the fights getting a bit samey, or me adding too much power creep just to keep it interesting. I've got quite a lot planned ahead, so I'm trying to pace myself on that front.

I did have a little think ahead to future books and I've decided where I'm going to end this one. There's a natural end point, before I move on to the next phase of the story so far (its difficult to say more without giving away huge spoilers).

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, and hope you continue to find the story interesting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very intriguing

I quite enjoy that we only get little bits of explanarion of John's powers and parentage at a time. It allows my mind to ponder.

As basura mentioned, the tablets provide only one side of the story, possibly that of the jealous menfolk. Let's see how calara's family reacts, for instance. My guess is the absolute power goes to the head of most progenitors, but that doesn't mean all necessarily turn out for evil.

Also, I wonder if their absolute power can cause them to collapse in in themselves? Perhaps the act of having children causes the prior progenitor and/or harem to pass away and thus we see no society, just repeated pop ups.

Finally, that brings me back to a theory from a few chapters ago. Given the progenitor ability to transform his women into whatever he desires and the resultant harem of similar women, I wonder what the nymph connection could be? Could jades very powerful, woshipful but directiinless race of all women be the remnants of a prior progenitor harem? Could they be the offspring?

Many thoughts to ponder. Well done, and thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful story

As usual you did an outstanding job. It reads smoothly very few errors with lots of twists and turns at every corner. Without a doubt this was an excellent chapter.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Exceptional

This story deserves a broader platform as it is far more than simply a sex story. I find myself checking for new chapters on a regular basis despite understanding that it takes time to create, write, refine and edit. Thank you Tefler.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The best.

Such a good story that it would be one of the best sifi reads without the sex and Iv read sifi all my life. Definetly one of the best reads ever had and Im looking forward to much more.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor
Email about Grammar and correct use of American English.

I just received an email asking me to change metre to the American variation. If it's not already obvious from my repeated use of armour, colour, and a whole host of English colloquialisms, I hail from merry old England.

In other words, I'm not going to change it. Sorry! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Excellent work Tefler - Developing to be on a Par with Over_Red's Dream Drive series. I know this because yours is one of the few usernames I can remember - I search your name each day in the hope for an update!

Your writing style is improving a great deal and like many others I'm as keen for the story as I am for the sex scenes - keep up the great work.

DRGRIFFINDRGRIFFINabout 8 years ago
Incredible series

Leave the verbiage alone. If some of us, Americans, are offended by the spelling, the they need to find a different series to read.

Just keep the chapters coming...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Spelling is fine

Following the story with great interest, pleased I don't have to translate into Canadian. ☺ Looking forward to seeing what happens at meet the family events!

jslashjslashabout 8 years ago
Very enjoyable, thanks

Thanks for your efforts and submissions. I am enjoying the story very much. Keep up the good work. But I have to say that my boss hasn't been enjoying it - since I just came across the story a few days ago, I've been binge reading and my work productivity has dropped. Thankfully I've I'm almost caught up and I'll be limited to a chapter at a time. Back to work....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So, I'm a few chapters behind...

I came for the sex and stayed for the story too. This chapter didn't give me one thing I expected and one I wanted.

I expected to learn that the Ashnath knew about John before - when Invictus first came to their territory, they were very specific about the route to be taken to their home planet - right into the Drakkar's hands - and there was an Ashnath patrol handily nearby. For Talera to say that he didn't find out about him until Alyssa created the null zone seems implausible.

I wanted an orgy. The Ashnath love curves but are pretty reserved. John is not possessive, the girls are always up for an adventure, John even likes to watch them - seem like they should have fucked the high council silly.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor
In response to the last comment

Interesting feedback, thanks.I'll add a little background info, just to hopefully clear it up for you.

"when Invictus first came to their territory, they were very specific about the route to be taken to their home planet" ... "and there was an Ashnath patrol handily nearby."

The Ashanath were being plagued by Drakkar attacks, but they didn't know the source from where they were being launched. The Greys provided a fixed flight path to John so that he could fly directly to their homeworld, and they insisted he stick to it, because the Invictus was being shadowed by the Ashanath patrol (which is why they were able to get there so fast).

The High council didn't want to announce that they were unable to control the rampaging Drakkar, but they also had treaty obligations to protect visiting traders.

"didn't find out about him until Alyssa created the null zone seems implausible."

Alyssa's impressive display of psychic power was what alerted the Ashanath to the fact that there was something extraordinary about this group. John and co defeating the Drakkar ship was handy, from the Ashanath's point of view, but not particularly noteworthy enough to make them realise his unique species.

"I wanted an orgy."

The Greys are skinny, androgynous, five foot tall humanoids, with big bulbous heads and huge unblinking eyes. Unfortunately the girls and John aren't really into that, sorry! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
On Wikipedia

Skeletal muscle talks about progenitor. But not hyperlink.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Super great!

Man I freakin love this story. Thank you again. Dawn

ducksuck75tuckducksuck75tuckover 6 years ago
30 chap. Voted

60 more to go. Every time i read your new chapter i promised myself next time i will login,vote,and comment. But lazy me always looked for read now and wait for next. Now its time to honour your great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Call

"The Greys are skinny, androgynous, five foot tall humanoids, with big bulbous heads and huge unblinking eyes. Unfortunately the girls and John aren't really into that, sorry! :-)"

Yeah, creepy. Moving on...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why is it?

... The more battles won - The more bullseyes are being painted on their backs ....

Watershed chapter

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Some of you should just skip this comment,.. The Ashanath are skinny, androgynous, 5 foot tall humanoids, with big bulbous heads, and huge (mostly) unblinking eyes,.. that speak using unemotional boxes,.. and really 'talk' through telepathy. This is my forth time through these early chapters, and I would have been intellectually stimulated by alternate story actions of John and Jade, which they would have needed to perform to recruit a few lady Ashanath engineers,.. the Scenario: the ships doctor/medic and a group of Ashanath doctors would supervise the recruitment/experiment to see how much cum it takes to greatly enhance telekinetic abilities, and how much it takes to give the androgynous gals some curves and maybe some height too,.. and for the few that would come aboard the Invictus there might be dozens if not hundreds of psychically enhanced engineers left working on Ashana,.. Some would be psychically stronger than others depending on total cum consumption,.. These little grey ladies wouldn't need 2 weeks like the Terrans to achieve greater some power and curves, but not grow too tall, maybe stay around 5 ft 2 inches or so,.. and with really small partial loads, like 20 per load, so they would not be overwhelmed or hurt by the psychic stimulation,.. this experiment would grow a few hundred(?) extra strong psychics and John may choose to create/develop more later on,.. and the gang could have a couple of psychically experienced crewmates to help them over those rough, early learning moments,.. maybe one engineer and one from their Space Military ( bridge certified ) for the Invictus,.. and we will see how curvy they ultimately get after a few months onboard with John. he-he ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Why don't they seem to have cameras in the 28th century? The gang really should have gotten a picture taken in front of their statue, and another with the Ashana High Council... just imagine how Calara could proudly show her parents... maybe have a little robot follow them around and take photos, like an annoying robo-paperazzi... this was a wonderful and thoughtful chapter Tef, thank you! ... And an exotic water world vacation, Jade will love it, but the Karron girls might not! ... ;-) TTFN

laughdruidlaughdruidabout 2 years ago

I think it is time to recruit a half dozen female marines.

Marklynda2Marklynda2almost 2 years ago

Keep your friends close and your enemies...er more powerful friends closer?

Yes our merry little band definitely has some recruitment needs. John's ancestors definitely had/have a bad reputation for him to live down and maybe fight against? Looking forward to reading the next exciting episode. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

wolverine006wolverine006over 1 year ago

@Michael56Smith (Valentine?) LOL .....You know the old saying, "Hindsight is 20/20." Even for Tefler. Unfortunately it just didn't happen that way; kinda like RL. Imagine everything they could have shared about a certain character from the past. I'm not going to spoil it though for new readers, as we both know that wouldn't be fair. All I can say is that the Ashanath still hold more secrets......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Heritage discovered. Bullseye painted.

How will they navigate the future? Trials and Troubles await.

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

This is a great story. so much going on. Maby the Progenitors are behind the Drakers.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

I wondered about that statue, a double edged sword.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

Wow, a 50-foot tall statue, .... with the Drakkar raiders destroyed, ... and the ship upgraded, ...and now the crew is off to meet the Fernandez's, that should be interesting, ... then they need to see about recruiting Doctor Rachel Voss, .... so, we generally know something of the next few chapters, ... ;-) TTFN

ranec1ranec112 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

It looked like they had a wormhole generator!" Dana said excitedly.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

I am loving all the Ashanth tech-based ship upgrades, if the other planned stops do as well for the Invictus, then that will surely become one awesome cruiser, ... And will our heroes reach the Dragon March and Doctor Rachel Voss before the little dust-up with the Kintark expands to full-blown war? And will John take on all the Fernandez men in some 'friendly' martial arts computation? Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel, ... ;-) ttfn

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

... 'who ya gonna call?' ... as cliffhangers go, that was a mild one, ... ;-) ttfn

VadarVadar3 months ago

Definition of momentarily adverb from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

momentarily adverb

​for a very short time

SYNONYM briefly

He paused momentarily.

She was momentarily blinded by the light.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 2 months ago

Yeah Pictures, ... with all of the advanced technology they have in the 28th century, .... nobody in John's group, nor from those gathered to see the monument / statue unvailed, seem to have had a camera, ... I am certain Calara would have loved a photo or two of the group in front of their statue, to show her family, ... say cheese! ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6811 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES