All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 082'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments
ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

Finally the ch is here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Awesome

Thanks Tefler for such great work! Anxiously awaiting chapter 83.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great Job.

Some parts pacy. Some parts slow, repetitive and have room to improve. Still the overall is fantastic. Great job keeping us on our toes.

Matt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
keep tying the loose ends

I like these chapters where they don't just fly around from one disaster to the next.

Faye's plan is not what I was expecting, but it depends on the twins participating in the ceremony no?

Not sure it was a good idea to give the TF the new tech, we do have tendency to abuse this king of power.

One thing I noticed is (page 2 last paragraph) is John saying "It feels like I've known you for a lifetime, but I forget you've only been with us a month."

between really life and the TSM going over a year now the story time line is a bit off for me.

Could you maybe start mentioning once in a while some "star date"?

I recall in the past we gave criticism on events that eventfully one took place over a day or whatever, and this will help.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Faye- this is stupid.

We don't know the logic Faye used but it has to be staggeringly stupid. I'm not meant to agree with narrative decisions you make in general but my word that is a turd of a move (worse than leaving a clearly mental Tashana with the run of the place) . And how are are the other Fayes controlling everything, isn't Primary the main component so should be able to override? She now essentially has multiple personality disorder. Ergh. I'm annoyed.

And can we just let Athena go? The conversation with the crew felt like the forums. He can't save everyone nor should he. Athena is a component of Alyssa

And giving so much tech to such an aggressive species as Terrans is a disaster in my opinion. Unless he balances it out by giving the same tech to all his allies. So none but the Maliri have an upper hand.

Tbh, funny having waited so long due to the moderation issue, I found this chapter to be one of the worst for me. This is separate from the plot issues (well, not completely separate) but there was a lot of repetition and fluff. I suppose they needed to get done but it felt a little slap dash. Like the rapid bonding of Edraele and the Maliri, it seemed rushed even though the argument could be made that dam was ready to burst.

I'm angry and disappointed.

But, that's AWESOME!!! You've created an amazing world with great characters and a style that is gripping and I've gone to love everything about it like a lot of people here. Keep up the good work! For the love of god though, can we stop this nonsense with Faye and Athena?

Whitewhalehunter

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Spoiler Alert—read on at your own risk!

I initially thought, with Faye's plans, that this was the perfect way to have Dana create a purpose driven ship of her own design for the family. However, after reading further I am thinking Tefler has another story arc planned.

“Shaking his head, Edwin blurted out, “You don’t understand-“” coupled with this: “Faye Octonary nodded, a mournful expression on her cute purple face. “By stranding them on Terra, we’ll be able to buy ourselves some time. We’ll have a few weeks before the Maliri come to retrieve them, several months before they can build a replacement ship. We’ll be able to use that time to try and come up with a better way of protecting them.”

These tell me that Faye's plans will throw the Admiralty's plans (or Mikaboshi's) for taking over John's ship during the ceremony (yes, assumed) into a cocked hat. That Faye will redeem herself by successfully fighting off the attack threat to the Invictus and suddenly realize, with the bombing of the award's ceremony, that taking the Invictus would expose them to as much or more harm than being without it.

“She’d become a legend! The Admiral that heralded a new era of security and enabled a glorious new wave of conquest! No, the Fleet Admiral that ushered in a new golden age for humanity.”

This one statement caused me to consider something beyond the obvious of it being a good thing that Dana put a failsafe into the power cores...

Specifically, that my thoughts about Admiral Devereux being killed by a bomb during the ceremony, to the point her higher order brain is basically not even there to reconstruct, was spot on. Athena will have her body. The only question will be if she stays with the Admiralty until Admiral Harris can take over or she joins the crew outright. I am thinking the Admiralty will be mostly killed off and Admiral Harris will be the only one Rachel can save. I am hoping Calara's father will then join the Admiralty, possibly in charge of the Olympus Shipyard, as either Athena/Devereux or Charles Harris become the Fleet Admiral...giving Admiral Harris the ability to 'decide where those 'new' fleet assets are assigned'.

I also see Faye's conundrum...after she confesses to John how she just happened to be in orbit at the right time and place to thwart the Admiralty's attack...as confirmation that two small AI controlled gunships (approx 150 m long x 59 m wide x 30 m high—or about the size of a football stadium each) will be made to help Faye reconcile her needs to protect the family....and that they will be stored INSIDE the Invictus.

4AS2PD04AS2PD0almost 7 years ago
page6

just finished pg 5 and im thinking 'ok when is the axe gonna fall' lol. oh and in hindsight i guess the long wait for this chapter was kinda worth it, after it motivated me to actually create an account here as i WAS gonna leave a nastygram for the moderators seemingly sloth-like pace but then thought better of it. seriously though for the top authors you would think they would take precedence over the others as i saw 2 chapters of a different story get the nod after this one was submitted and b4 it was posted. smh oh well its all good now i got my fix.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: anon - time elapsed

One of the patrons created an incredible timeline that covers.. everything!

All the major events in the story and the in-story days in which they've occurred. He's up to about chapter 72 at the moment and basically about 7 months have elapsed since John first completed the Tyrenium deal on Karron.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hopefully everyone got the sarcasm

I hope no one missed the sarcasm about feminism, but in case anyone took it literally, just remember that John is no doubt the staunchest feminist on the crew.

-Mike

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Faye plot discussions

I've greatly elaborated on Faye's reasoning in chapter 83, but for the goals she is attempting to achieve (avoiding them getting hurt - at least in the short term), marooning them on Terra is the most efficient plan available to her.

You have to remember that all she cares about is their personal safety, everything else is immaterial. Just think back over the various plot arcs over the last 82 chapters - every time they go anywhere new (and get in a fight) then one or more of them seems to get injured. They're now talking about heading to Brimorian Space...

She knows they'll be furious with her for swiping the ship, but she's in love with John and trying to be selfless.

Faye is a newly formed and growing AI. Her perspective is very different to a normal character's.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Faye plot discussions

Saying "Faye is a newly formed and growing AI. Her perspective is very different to a normal character's." is a bit of a cop out I think. She has lots of data that highlights the teams progression and their strength as a unit that communicates. So it's strange in light of that that she hasn't voiced her concerns to any of them. She herself has noted that a pep talk with John seems to make people feel better and/or lead to a breakthrough so again the lack of communication here is glaring. She isn't the only one in love with him, something she is well aware of too.

I'm curious to see how (if there is any explanation ) Faye Primary has lost control since it seems rather than multitasking each iteration has now got complete control of itself and its own personality.

In sci-fi to justify a rogue AI its always portrayed that all the evidence highlight that humanity is incapable or culpable etc but the cold hard data doesn't support that. They are clearly going to get into trouble with or without the ship and the ship is immeasurably better than others out there. The ship is the safest place for them. That is data Faye has at her fingertips. Add the fact the all of Faye's avatars also feel rather than simply deduce then the argument falls even flatter. It still leads me to think that for a very smart AI, however young, Faye is making stupid decisions.

Will wait for C83!

Whitewhalehunter

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
RE: Faye, this is stupid

Anon: "And can we just let Athena go? The conversation with the crew felt like the forums. He can't save everyone nor should he. Athena is a component of Alyssa"

Sorry, I completely disagree with you. How can Athena be a component of Alyssa if she was created as a seperate personality by John AFTER creating Alyssa's third helix? That just makes no sense to me. Athena could not have existed before she met John. Remember: she is not a split personality manifested by a single mind but is two distinct personalities in one body...one her human persona and the other the 'created' Progenitor persona which naturally only exists in etherial form...Kind of like a ghost or spirit who can take over the body of a host.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Cont'd

In a very real sense, Athena is John's first child with Alyssa.

C.H. DarkstriderC.H. Darkstrideralmost 7 years ago
Well done, again!

Tefler, you evil genius you! Just when I think I have your plot figured out and your arcs plotted, you throw me for a loop! Well done sir! I look forward to your next installment! Thinking about re-reading the whole story from chapter 1, but that'll have to wait until I get some stuff of mine up. 5 stars!

coloradojcoloradojalmost 7 years ago
Faye

I have really enjoyed these stories. However I admit that I don't like or understand why Faye seems to be following so many other sci-fi A.I. stories, and I agree with other comments. How did primary seem to lose control. I had hoped Faye would be a great example of how helpful and trustworthy an A.I. could be, like EDI in the mass effect universe. Guess I got my hopes up. Thanks for the great story, keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

He should totally "work" with the Trankarans. Gotta keep things interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Safety?

Hi Tefler, I really love your Story, but the latest direction you're taking with Faye .... i really don't know how i should describe it ....

How BRAINDEAD (CPUDEAD, RAMDEAD; HDDDEAD ? ) must that AI be to think he would be safe on Olympus/Terra ???

They would be nothing more than sitting ducks there waiting to be slaughtered.

The intern danger of hostile admirals, even friendly admirals will be hard to resist temptation of taking them hostage und forcing them to reveal all tech when they are sitting helpless in Terran territory without a way to flee.

and then there is the other progenitor. they wouldn't be able to do anything to defend if the progenitor attacked or let another race attack that space station ...

i really can't fathom how an AI would come to the conclusion that it's safe to strand them in possibly hostile territory without a way to flee should someone attack or the terrans turn hostile ... Faye could just directly deliver them to the progenitor

... sry Tefler to me it absolutely doesn't make any kind of sense how faye an AI (that works on logic) would come to that conclusion and i follow your story since pretty much the beginning and read it multiple times. i understand that she would like to protect them but really? i mean, come on, she can't be that dumb. if she wanted them safe strand them in the maliri shipyard

medrosakmedrosakalmost 7 years ago
Great!

Great work with this chapter Tefler, I wasn't suspecting the plot would go this way, but knowing such predictable things takes the enjoyment out of literature, am I right? Don't take the criticism from folks about Faye’s actions to bad. Obviously she is suffering from a sort of A.I. - PTSD resulting from the crew members being hurt previously. So perhaps she is not operating on (sound) ‘logic’ like others have said, but desperation… But anyways, keep up the good work! hope to see your next installment soon.

andyaandyaalmost 7 years ago
error

When Edraele talks to Luna on page 9 goes from " to *

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
RE: Andya

Thanks for pointing that one out! I've fixed it in my master copy for the chapter. :-)

Cheers

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 83

I have just finished chapter 83 and I've handed it over to my editors!

It's available on my site, and I'll be going through edit iterations over the next few days, updating it with each new version.

Hopefully it won't get stuck in the moderation queue this time! :-)

Tefler

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 7 years ago
Poor Faye...

All of that processing power and she failed to compute in how much risk they'd be in without the might of the Invictus behind them...

She failed to realize how many good things they'd done and how important those things were to them...

And, perhaps more importantly, she failed to compute in the odds that the Invictus could be stolen from HER...

But I understand her motivation... even if her logic was faulty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Perils of Pauline (2017)

You are a heartless, mean, and nasty person!

You have left us with two reasons to worry about the Award Ceremony. And I am already anxiously awaiting for the resolution.

You should be writing chapters not reading these notes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ch 83 now available on Tefler's Patreon site

And it is a cracker.... can't wait till ch 84

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

well don so much to take in you are getting better all the time how long for 83 ZEKE7474

hellinahelmethellinahelmetalmost 7 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Hey "Tef", you never fail to amaze me, you´ve got more ´Curve Balls¨ than Sandy Koufax...Gotta luv ém! One, ´Hell of a Space Odyssey´, can´t wait to see all the defecation hitting the rotary oscillator in the next chapter. As always another easy 5*.. Wife can always tell when I get to read another chapter of 3SM, I´m like a kid on X-Mass morning...Thanks again.

jlmnjlmnalmost 7 years ago
Awards ceremony

So, there's been a bunch of speculation that Mikaboshi plans to hit the awards ceremony with (literally) everything he's got, and Faye thinks that taking the ship away will make them safer. I'll be surprised if the ship even makes it out of the system before she finds out just how wrong her plan is. And that assumes that Irillith doesn't just stage a hostile takeover of the ship the instant that Faye tries to run away. (We've seen her project without her console during Tashana's rescue, and when Alyssa juices her she can project quite far, based on what happened at Xen-Nuchek)

(must resist urge to tell Anon precisely how stupid they are, in detail...)

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 7 years ago
Talk about setting the stage and then cutting it off!

iI am n withdrawal...have mercy soon...need a "fix" right away!!! LOL

Sid0604Sid0604almost 7 years ago
Great work...

Again... easily worth 5 stars. Thankyou for continuing to share your amazing story with us. Like everyone else I now wait to see what direction this story takes us.

And... it would make a great movie series... much better than Star Wars.

Thank you again.

Sid0604

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continueralmost 7 years ago
Athena

If alyssa can spirit walk, why cant Athena?

if she can spirit walk, and then go into the digital world with faye and irillith, she can upload herself onto the invictus and await a cybernetic body.

she goes from biology/metaphysical to digital to cybernetic.

simples!

JC

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
RE: Arrowglass

I finished chapter 83 last night, so you shouldn't have too long to wait! :-)

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
RE: Sid0604

You're welcome! I'm really pleased to hear you're enjoying the story. :-)

I'd love to see a movie of this, but something tells me the extensive bedroom action makes that unlikely!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
RE: JC

Interesting thoughts about Athena. She exists in the Astral Plane though, so spirit walking into the Cyber-realm would be tricky. I'd never really considered her capable of a Spirit-walk into the digital realm in the way that Irillith can.

Nice idea though. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yet another great chapter

I would like to comment that this is a work of fiction from one persons mind. As such, that person is free to take their work wherever they wish and can do so without obligation to others to make it the way others might want it to be.

I do not read this as a documentary. I read it as a story and either I enjoy it or not but to be critical of minutiae or social, politically correctness or other nuances is down right offensive to me.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story and do not feel any need to pick it apart on any level. Well done, Tefler, and thank you for all your creative work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another Great Chapter

One of the best reads here.

Thank you, please keep up the good work and try not to be distracted by some of the comments that I have read above.

It is your work, lots of fan's and for this fan, it is simply a great story.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Any update on when we are getting the next ch tefler ?????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Oh come on...

A great story, leaves me hungering to know how the crazy is going to go down. Can't Faye merge her avatars and find a unified perspective, or was that already happening and you (Tefler) were simply using metaphor to describe the process? Am I anywhere near the mark?

Either way, I'm finding myself a little exasperated with the purple panicker. *makes Nexus comparison*

WM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The Modern Myth of the Ninjato

Vell this was just a tiny detail that I noticed. The Ninjato is a popular sword both for villains and heros in fiction. The problem is. There is no record at all for this weapon ever to have existed in real life. The Ninjas never had one specific sword they used. They used whatever weapon they could get their hands on, since they weren't by far as well funded as the Samurai. The closest they were to a Ninjato, was if they aquired a Katana from a slain opponent. Since they could not afford buying one but even in fiction it is usually stated that the nijato was far inferior to the Katana when it came to quality of craftmanship. It is often described as a cheap knockoff of the Katana. Therefore Sakura should have Katanas or some kind of other swords, because Ninjato imply poor quality. I am not by far an expert on swords, But If you want Sakura to have Japanese swords, then there is many to choose from. In addition to The Status Symbol Katana, There is a whole slew of different Japanese swords. Both Single Edged and Double edged.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
RE: Anon - Ninjato

Interesting and informative comment, thank you!

"Therefore Sakura should have Katanas or some kind of other swords"

Sakura spent years fighting with two short blades as Shinatobe, so it was simply faster and easier for her to continue using similar weapons. The other thing to remember is that she is dual-wielding swords, which is much more practical with shorter blades.

A samurai using a Katana would use it with one or two hands, they aren't really practical to use as a pair. The wakizashi they carried was more used as a "side-arm" in situations where the longer blade of a Katana was impractical. It's primary use was in committing seppuku (ritualistic suicide in the case of lost honour).

Finally:

"The Ninjato is a popular sword both for villains and heros in fiction."

That's very true. You'll see why this is important in chapter 84. :-)

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Anon - Chapter 83

I'm just getting notes back from my editors now. It'll take me a day or two to go through those, then a few days for the literotica moderation delay.

Perhaps Friday?

Tefler

ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

You will have to edit it and submit it by tomorrow tefler for literotica to post it by Friday

Hope we get to read 83 by friday

Cheers

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: ms904191

I'll definitely be able to get the first half of the edits done by tomorrow, the second half will depend on how quickly my editor is able to get them to me. :-)

It's an exciting chapter, so I want you guys to get it as soon as possible.

Tefler

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
I guess I can live until friday

but that seems like a really long time to wait!! sigh...

Hillcountrycowboy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Re:Ninjato

Sounds like Sakura would be rocking a pair of Wakasashi swords.

Love the Story Tefler thanks a bunch for the work you do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@FatherSin

She is still badass. I wish she had more page-time. Although i liked the former pre-mind wipe Edraele better. She was new and it was easy to be afraid for the rest of them, the way she was portrayed. Gabrielle was briefly that; Lynette seems a tad weak(and clueless) to be quite as effective. I'd rate Edraele very high on the list of Tefler's characters. Probably the top, if you exclude the harem.

Matt.

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960almost 7 years ago

Damn it FatherSin, stop with the early teasers. Not all of us readers pay to get the early script version, some of us wish to await the final version here on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
txtraveler1960

There is no teaser in Fathersin's post the scene where Edrale takes a whole planet hostage is in this chapter 82, page 1 (Lahlenor, the city of the lost).

Norbert

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love the story

I know I'm not going to change your mind with this comment, nor would i wish to. I just wanted to say it. I really wish you wouldn't make Faye go rouge. I get why it makes sense, and how it could happen. However, Faye going rouge is going to break John's heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I hope you have submitted ch83 tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Anon

I'm still waiting on editor feedback at the moment. Nearly all the editing is complete apart from the second half from one of them.

As soon as I receive that, I'll quickly go through the changes then submit the chapter. :-)

Tefler

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
I agree: Fathersin's post was about the current chapter.

I will say it is extremely difficult to not give spoilers, though that word is also often misused. A teaser is not a spoiler...as has been mentioned too many times to count. One's frustration being aggrivated (unintentionally in this case) is not a spoiler. While Fathersin is an editor for Tefler, he has always conducted himself with a great deal of professionalism and grace, and is above reproach. In his very limited posts, he has never given a true spoiler...even on Tefler's Patreon Page.

Tongue in cheek: is this the month for making accusations based upon ignorance as opposed to actually reading the story? I would think the end result of all that would be obvious in U.S. Political Press coverage by now.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 7 years ago
Literotica awards now open: Vote for Tefler

Go Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good,Good and very Good!

Reading is such an enjoyment, and your chapters get even more entertaining as you write. As usual, I am waiting for the next chapter. What is Faye doing?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
More Power, More Heat Disipation, More Resilience for the Armor Plating.

The current Alyssium mix is made up of Invictium which is twice as strong as Terran armor plating. However, with the addition of Maliri Crystal tech, it is 8 times stronger.

Concerning Invictum armor: "Double shaped is triple the durability of Titanium, while triple shaping gives approximately four times the toughness of a comparable piece of Titanium plating..”

“Dana smiled at her knowingly, and said, "Actually, the clear crystal tech they use is a lot tougher than the reinforced Titanium that Terrans use for armor plating. A couple of inches of strengthened crystal, could take about as much of a beating as one foot thick Titanium.”

The Maliri crystal tech is 6 times as strong as Terran armor plating. So, with only one shaping, Crystal Alyssium is 8 times stronger than the Terran Titanium based armor plating.

Each subsequent shaping increases its reflection capability by 5% and its resiliency by a factor of 1.

Shaped / Reflect / Absorb / strength factor

Single / 50% / 50% / 8 times

Double / 55% / 45% / 9 times

Triple / 60% / 40% / 10 times

Quad / 65% / 35% / 11 times

Since single shaped Crystal Alyssium is 50% reflective of energy based weapons, 8 shapings makes it 85% reflective (capacitors only have to absorb 15%). So as long as the capacitors are working no energy from energy fired weapons makes it through to cause damage and the plating is 15 times stronger than Terran titanium plating.

The Raptor plating, shaped 12 times, is 105% reflective and the plating is 19 times stronger than Terran titanium plating.

40m

John F Lewis

That means that a 1 foot thick section of 12 shaped armor plating on the Raptor is equivalent to 19 feet of Terran armor plating....so it can take as much pounding as a Dreadnaught. The Invictus, with quad shaped armor (with 2 feet of armor plating) is equivalent to 22 feet of Terran armor plating...so it can take as much pounding as the Raptor. If the Invictus gets 8 shaped armor plates with Graphene skrim, it would be 48.27 + 15 or rougly 63 times as strong as Titanium plating...so 2 feet of it would be 127 times as resilient and highly resistant to plasma weapons due to the Graphene being a very effective heat dissipator.

32m

John F Lewis

AAAND: That heat can be converted into electrical energy for the Invictus just by adding a layer of a new metal alloy underneath the armor plating.

A new alloy with unique properties can convert heat directly into electricity, according to researchers at the University of Minnesota.

The alloy, a multiferroic composite of nickel, cobalt, manganese and tin, can be either non-magnetic and highly magnetic, depending on its temperature. the new alloy — Ni45Co5Mn40Sn10 — undergoes a reversible phase transformation, in which one type of solid turns into another type of solid when the temperature changes, according to a news release from the University of Minnesota.

Specifically, the alloy goes from being non-magnetic to highly magnetized. The temperature only needs to be raised a small amount for this to happen.

When the warmed alloy is placed near a permanent magnet, like a rare-earth magnet, the alloy's magnetic force increases suddenly and dramatically. This produces a current in a surrounding coil, according to the researchers, led by aerospace engineering professor Richard James.

A process called hysteresis causes some of the heat energy to be lost, but this new alloy has a low hysteresis, the researchers say. Because of this, it could be used to convert waste heat energy into large amounts of electricity.

So no need for an additional power core...just convert the heat energy from the energy weapons into vast amounts of additional power.

manlycheemanlycheealmost 7 years ago
not sure

well one of my comments got deleted, after years on lit ;). not sure what words were worthy.

tefler, glad you decided to move on. i do enjoy this series and the intriguing little plots happening all over the place. you've been dangling faye in front of us for awhile ;). faye by herself is a story, along the lines of ai's having aspects of sentience. athena-- so little time left! it crossed my mind, hm alyssa could distribute athena amongst her psychic network...

looking forward to 83.

thanks.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Tactics for using the heat to electrical energy converson.

The Heat/Energy transfer would only start up after the battle commenced. Run the heat/energy transfers off the barrels of the Nova Lances and Type II Photon Lasers. The fully charged capacitors can fill in the required additional energy while the heat/energy transfer begins to recharge the capacitors...along with the Progen Power Cores. This way you have no drop off of available energy with quite a large reserve capacity for intense fire times and exponentially faster energy recovery times to recharge the capacitors...and in a really intense battle where the shields are down....energy levels spike even faster.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
I've cleaned up the board.

No more feeding the trolls please. :-)

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 83 has been submitted

Exactly as the title. I submitted the chapter a few minutes ago, so hopefully it might be up by Saturday (depending on moderation time)!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 84 status

I've written 17.5k words at the moment, so a little over half-way through. It'll probably be up here by the end of next week.

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Paragon Armour - commissioned art

The first of my commissioned art pieces has been completed. It shows Alyssa in Paragon armour, holding a Punisher rifle (and a second variant with a helmet).

The next one will be of the Maliri twins.

Tefler

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Commissioned Art

And the art is absolutely outrageously good! Can't wait for the rendition of the twins! For those of you who have not seen it, go to Tefler's patreon page. The Armor and the railguns are sleek and scary as hell!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Allyssa on feeding the Drakkar on the Legacy

Pouts, but it was so fun having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@PLR

The science behind the materials was nice to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thanks

Just wanted to thank you Tefler, for such an enjoyable and intriguing story.

That, and I wanted to add a couple of personal observations:

Athena: She is a creation of John's. So, why can't he change her mission to keep her around? Making Alyssa a progenitor pretty much messed with the regular order for progenitor things/operating procedures/etc.....so why can't John rewrite the rule re Athena?

Faye: ( I really like her) I don't see her going rogue. Why? Because she is a VERY, YOUNG woman who is in love. And it is her FIRST love. I would have thought that Irillith and/or Alyssa would have realized that, and would have done more to mentor her through those troubled waters. A teenage babe in total love for the first time: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!!!!

Keep up the great work. I look forward to each new chapter in this awesome saga!

stonegray

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
PLR Promoted me!!!

Thanks PLR.It was said my thought of the invictus as a pocket dreadnaught was incorrect,due to her not being as tough as a dreadnaught.7 feet of titanium(armour as thick as a man(there are some really tall people))is 3x weaker than 2 feet of quint shaped chrystal alyssium so I get promoted from ejit to the lofty rank of numpty!

Personaly I don't think faye is going rouge.I think she's just a child trying to do the right thing(so puberty should be fun).

Roll on saturday

newly promoted numty

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Anon

Thanks, some like my suggestions, some don't. Glad to see you enjoy them.

PS: some on here will tell you not to egg me on....Jedi Kahn thinks I am his Crazy Cousin. LOL.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
newly promoted numty

Actually, I think you are underselling the Invictus. The Invictus has more firepower (Nova Lances along WITH the singularity drivers) with her (about to be) Mark II Photon Lasers and mass wheaponry that will now be able to defeat shields.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
How about ...

From what I've learned, the term "pocket" was given to a ship that is more heavily armed than it's class and call it a pocket-(next class higher ship). The Invictus, while larger now, is still smaller than a battleship which can be 1500 meters long. So, by size, the Invictus could be considered a pocket-battleship.

Complicating matters is the dreadnought class singularity drivers on the Invictus. However, a dreadnought is much larger with a length up to 4000 meters. Does having singularity drivers make a ship a dreadnought? I would be hesitant to think so since in weapon can be minaturized to fit on a cruiser.

So, how about we call the Invictus a "pocket-battleship with dreadnought firepower". Would that work PLR? :-)

npnumptynpnumptyalmost 7 years ago
RE Anon

Even though Dana nocked 100m off the singularity drivers,John stated that they could only mount them on a dreanaught because it required there vast bulk to absorb the recoil.Without Dana's inertia negation device,this is still the case.

Plus something tells ms that Dana's going to upgrade them with the tech from the Drakar,so they can fuck up ships and shields alike.

numpty

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 7 years ago
well

it has more than dreadnought firepower (although the number of lower caliber beams and guns might bring that into question) the Singularity drivers being upgraded, and having upgraded Nova lances too. The rate of fire upgrades probably put the Invictus firepower way beyond the larger ships, even with the reduced number of hardpoints

FatherSinFatherSinalmost 7 years ago
Invictus is just unique

There is no need to classify anything as unique as the Invictus.

It is a type of battlecruiser.

No bets on it being in its final form.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Still wondering

I still don't know why Tefler won't post the story in Storiesonline at the same time as Literotica.

People could read it there and by the time the story is past moderation most people would have read it and can start discussing it here, maybe even have a bit of time for reflection or reading it another time.

I'm an avid reader since chapter one but too lazy to make an account here ( I also don't comment that often), but I would definitely make an account on storiesonline if I could read it faster there.

Tom

npnumptynpnumptyalmost 7 years ago
RE Still Wondering

I think it's called loyalty,to his original fans on the site he first posted.

I could be wrong

npnumptynpnumptyalmost 7 years ago
RE FatherSin

Uniqe like Invictus class Pocket Dreadnaught.If John lets Edreale build them!!!

1handslapping1handslappingalmost 7 years ago
having just re-read this chapter

I have a couple of thoughts, firstly I assume that Sakura's locket at some point will save her from a bullet in the usual style a cigarette case does. so her parents can still be defending her. and secondly, from the Edraele conversation with Valani near the start, I wonder if the Love between Edraele and her two daughters being fractured explains why the Two daughters are both connected to Alyssa rather than into the Malari network

npnumptynpnumptyalmost 7 years ago
RE 1handslapping

The reason Irillith and Tashana are the only Maliri in Alyssa's network is simple,

XO in charge of recruitment.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Long term Prediction:

Chapter 68 Page 1

*John! What happened?!* Edraele cried out to him, sounding frantic with worry. *I heard everything until you fell asleep, but then I could feel our connection being blocked!*

The laviathan in the ethereal plan can block John from his Matriarchs...and if them, also from his girls. So the fact this can be done is obvious. I am thinking this has implications for Alyssa and Athena as Progens during the fight with BSP. Specifically, that the female Progens will surprise the BSP and be able to cut him off from his Matriarch and Thralls while fighting John.

maddictmaddictalmost 7 years ago
KHAAAAN, I MEAN FAAYE.

Is Ayllisa becoming more like John calm and assertive in her praise, or was that a order ?

The A I Fay, will they really maroon John on Terra, I was reminded of Star Trek, "Devil in the dark." The base commander tells capt. Kirk, your not such a big man without your Starship are you Kirk, lets see what you can do without your Starship in the tunnels. Who's minding the store, is the entire crew so trusting of her.

Aren't those ideas the plots from a bunch of different sci-fi shows?" Irillith asked with a raised eyebrow. "I recognised quite a few of them."

I'm glad we (scify fans) arn't part of the music industry, plagiarizing ? just a few notes of a song and finding ourselves in court.

maddictmaddictalmost 7 years ago
Happy to finish.....

this chapter before the next one is posted, OH wait it takes for ev ahh.

I still enjoy reading the very insightful comments, if we want to pony up and actually pay Literotica for this site we might be half as fast as the invictus.

Shit I lost my thought, that's not so hard these days. '*~*,

See all you all at the beach, lots of 18 yr olds strolling around, none look capable of piloting a starship

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re; Maddict

"lots of 18 yr olds strolling around, none look capable of piloting a starship"

Ah, that's because they haven't been stuffed full of Progenitor cum yet! ;-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
.......

Kelp checking every 15 minutes for the next chapter.......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
.....

I'm going crazy over here waiting lol

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960almost 7 years ago
Chapter 83

I just tested the URL for the next chapter and it returned a 404 error, meaning it is not yet open for moderation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Re. Txtraveler 1960

How do you 'test' a new post, and where are the error codes listed?

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Put this into your address bar: https://www.literotica.com/s/three-square-meals-ch-83

andyaandyaalmost 7 years ago
as anon says

Or page 1 of any ch and just change ch number like from 82 to 83 even 500 but you migth have to wait a little while for ch 500

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Tefler I suggest you talk to moderators and see why the ch is not even up for moderation

I don't think anyone of us wants to wait 3 or even 2 days for the ch to be up

It should have at least be up for moderation by now I think

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Meanwhile

I'm just waiting here for Tefler to just start posting to Storiesonline at the same time as he submits it to Literotica... Everybody wins, I don't get what the point of waiting is.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 7 years ago
Don't forget to vote for Tefler in Lit awards

There is a fightback from other authors' fans.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyalmost 7 years ago
404 Just means 'Page Not Found'

Anon - a 404 error is a general internet error. It means the page can't be found / doesn't exist.

You can find the codes here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes

but they don't really matter.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 83

I've emailed the site admins and asked them to look into it. Hopefully you'll have the chapter soon.

Regarding SoL, I usually just wait until it's up on literotica first, as this is the site I started on. That way literotica can continue to get the "exclusive". As SoL moderation is very fast, it also avoids there being a huge time delay between the free sites.

If it still isn't up by Monday, I'll make an exception. :-)

Tefler

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
Not impressed with SOL

After a previous discussion of SOL I went and checked it out. I found SOL to be confusing and not nearly as easy to find what I was looking for as Literotica. But I'm just a slow old cowpoke.

I've been compulsively checking for Chap 83 since Friday lol

Hillcountrycowboy

hpinghpingalmost 7 years ago
Next Chapter

Well, I am settled down for a long wait. Another author had submitted a new story on June 30th, and it still not in the queue. I must tell that he has resubmitted it a few times due to the delay, which can explain a bit of the delay as it is warned in the submission-guidelines, but 9 days is overly long, because it takes mostly up to 4 days to appear.

Maybe the reviewers are overwhelmed with stories, and we can not see how many there are in the queue and how fast they are processed.

Further I have found that SOL features a list of nice stories, so it is not a waste of time to be there (I would rather say it burns my time away very quickly only reading online and not doing other things...).

ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

Tefler I don't think literotica is gonna post ch83 on Monday

You should post ch83 on sol on Monday so we can read it

You know I have a suggestion from now onwards you should submit new chapters on literotica and sol on the same time

So if literotica delays the ch too long at least we will be able to read the story on sol

No waiting for 5 to 7 days for literotica to post it

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Folks waiting and wanting SOL early postings

There are other options. Patreon has had Ch 83 for 9 days now...and we are awaiting Ch 84 some time today. If you really need to get to the chapters quickly, that may be a better option than SOL.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
RE: ms904191

"you should submit new chapters on literotica and sol on the same time "

That would mean that the chapter would come out on sol days before it was released on literotica. I actually quite enjoy reading people's immediate reactions on literotica when they've finished, and I'd miss out on that if everyone just read it on sol first. :-)

I'd also have to be far more vigilant about policing spoilers, so it is better this way.

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 84 - status update

I've just finished chapter 84 and posted it to my site!

I've already done quite a bit of editing on part 1 and a quick pass on part 2. Hopefully there shouldn't be too much more work to go and then I'll be able to publish it here. (Depending on how long moderation takes!)

Tefler

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyalmost 7 years ago
Publish Where You Like Teffler

I am always eager for your stories too. However, you should publish them where-ever works best for you. Either this delay is permanent and after a few days, we will get your new chapters at the same pace as ever, or this delay is temporary and we will get a couple of chapters in quick succession.

As long as the delays don't keep getting longer and longer on Literotica, we will get new stories at the same rate you write them. You write more quickly than anyone else I have read here, and I appreciate that. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Faye's plan is flawed

Is it just me that remembers that they always take the Raptor when they go planet side. so Faye can take the ship anytime she wants, but will never get far because of that fact. unless she plans for that fact! by taking over control of the Raptor while they are at the Awards Ceremony or another option would be to sabotage the Raptor so bad and make sure there were no repair parts.

Wiserman4u

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 7 years ago
Ch 84 is AWESOME

Best chapter since Battle of Regulus.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Great work Tefler!!

And a cliff hanger to end it (again). The Admirals will be sh@ttibg themselves.

Counting down till chapter 85 in 8-9 days time.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES