Tiffany, an Emerging Powerhouse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Clarissa even uses that term when talking about herself."

Later they headed to book Tiffany into her accommodation.

"This place interests me," Joe said. "I've never been inside."

"Well come in for a drink. You are welcome to inspect my suite."

"Really?"

"Of course. You have been very kind and informative to me this afternoon."

The inevitable happened. Tiffany touched a breast a couple of times. Joe looked at her breasts and then kept on looking at them at intervals until Tiffany said, "Do you like the look of my breasts, Joe?"

He froze apart from licking his lips.

"Take them out and look at them."

Joe leapt to her side and had them out probably quicker than Tiffany could have managed.

"Good boy Joe," Tiffany said, running a hand through his hair.

He stopped. "This could be used to your advantage if we enter sales negotiations."

"I promise you it won't Joe. I'm just keen to engage in sex."

Joe buried his face is warm, milky-white flesh and groaned in delight.

Tiffany's breathing rate really picked up.

Dinner that evening with Joe and his grandparents was very enjoyable. Austin was in good humour and Mrs Merchant was very interested in Tiffany, as she put it, "A woman who is not only beautiful and has brains but also is an important businesswoman."

"But Mrs Merchant, it has responsibilities and is not without risks and we may at times become involved in litigation."

"Yes, and that's why I chose to stay at home," she grinned, showing some missing teeth. "It's usually safer at home."

Austin poured more red wine and said, "So your company wants to buy our company."

"Yes, but without its loan liabilities."

"But what about my son and grandson and members of my extended family?"

"Some jobs could go but your son and Joe would keep running this plant but after two years they would come under our performance assessment, which means being fired if under-performing or being paid bonuses for performing as expected or better.

"But both my son and grandson work very hard."

"Then at the end of two years they should have nothing to worry about. Your company if sold to us would become our southern sector plant and would probably be expanded but we'd want current clients retained and your people would know this market sector better than our people and your chief executive officer would have a seat on our executive board."

"What about me?"

"We would employ you for one year as a consultant on contract and that's all."

"So, after one year I'd have not management position with my company."

"That's correct."

Austin attempted to stare Tiffany down.

"Well I don't like that and I don't like the thought of any of my family being fired if they are lazy at work or don't arrive for work every day."

Tiffany continued to eye Austin and smiled gently. "Then perhaps with all the money you receive from the sale Austin, you will have the money to act as a charity for those family members who are lazy or don't like turning up for work."

He grinned.

"I can see you can be a tough bitch Tiffany and you're only a figurehead chairman."

"Think what you like Austin, but I can assure you people work for us because we pay quite well, above the median for our industry and they stay with us because we treat our people well."

Mrs Merchant cackled, "She's got you there Austin."

He grinned and said, "I know she's also a fair bitch because telling me these things with a hard edge, telling me what it will be like, without bullshit. She is telling me what I want to hear, that's what I think. And what do you think Joe?"

"If it's prudent that we sell granddad, then I say sell to Tiffany."

"Mum?"

"We have to sell Austin and you know it. Our options are to sell a stake to an investor or to merger with a company like Feline Foods. I must say I like Tiffany from what I have seen so far, believing she's much better than some of the people running companies in our industry."

"Tiffany you and Joe disappeared for some four hours today," Austin said. "Where were you and what were you doing?"

"I'm not prepared to discuss that Austin. Think what you like."

"Granddad we..."

"Shut up Joe. You are only obliged to answer business-related questions in this discussion."

"See what I mean Austin," said Mrs Merchant. "She could have lied to you and said Joe was showing her the sights of the city although they may have well been doing that. She is telling you it is none of your business, although being more polite than that. You know you can trust Joe."

"Were you conspiring against us Joe?"

"No granddad and you know I wouldn't do that."

Austin scrubbed his chin and said, "Well Tiffany. I think we should sell to you but first I must talk to my son and senior executives."

"Thanks Austin. Just advise me if you wish to proceed and well send down a team for due diligence and then we'll being negotiations. But please note that if talks bog down then we'll look for another company to acquire to become our southern sector division. This wine is lovely."

"More wine then Tiffany?"

"After you have attended to Mrs Merchant's glass thank you, Austin."

Joe drove Tiffany to her hotel and he stayed with her till well after midnight. She caught her flight home next morning, more than satisfied with her visit to the far south.

Chapter 4

Fast developing as a powerhouse businesswoman, Tiffany drove to the company's corporate offices on the 7th floor of the Lampton United Bank building. Reception must have advised Tim because as soon as Tiffany entered her office he came through their connecting door and kissed her and said everything was fine and asked, "Well?"

"In all probability they'll sell to us. I'll write you a report because I have given a number of undertakings aimed at protecting family jobs with performance assessment not being imposed until after the second year of us gaining control, if that occurs."

"I have stated we are not interested in taking up a cornerstone investment and we require all loan money to be retired with purchase money to complete the deal and their CEO gains a seat on our executive board and their principle owner is retained for one year as a consultant. He's eight-two."

"Jesus, an old man's home, are we?"

"He's a proud man, a very reluctant seller and that offer won him over, at least I feel it did."

"Well you were the person negotiating so we must accept your assessment and I gladly do that. You are not known for over-stating."

"Thank you."

"Now, what are your impressions?"

"We'd be wise to purchase the company if everything stacks up. The company has bank loans totalling £2.35 million. The appraised value of the company, dated six months ago, was £7.38 million. The buildings, amenities and plant appear to be more modern than what we have here."

Tim said that sounded reasonable.

"I better negotiate a visit by our appraisal team."

"I've done that. I await their decision whether they are committed to selling. The principal seller wishes to consult his family."

"Fair enough. You've done well, considering you were on you own."

"Thanks darling."

Tim watched Tiffany's retreating back thinking if anyone else had gone in, he doubted whether they would have made any more progress than she had, perhaps they might not have reached first base. Austin appeared to really like her and that was important in talking buyouts with owners of a family businesses.

A few days later, Tim said he thought Tiffany should be immersed slowly into industry business and help the company discharge its local obligations.

"Very well, providing I'm comfortable about that involvement."

Tim looked about to tell the chairman she'd do what he told her but then had second thoughts and said that was reasonable.

"How about I negotiate for you to take a committee role, perhaps on my committee, at the Chamber of Commerce, but of course, just as a member?"

"What sit with that bunch of fuddy-duddies blowing off about unfair competition and talking sport?"

"If you must know, almost two-thirds of the chamber's active membership are under sixty and the chamber is acknowledged as a vital proactive force and has 1700 members."

"When was it established?"

"Nineteen thirty-three."

"Ah, it's an institution in the city."

"Indeed, and I chair the communications committee. If I step down, probably the vice-chair will take over but you could be appointed to that committee."

"Fine let's do it."

Tiffany joined as a new member of the chamber and Tim resigned from the Chamber, having felt he'd done his stint. Tiffany was invited to join the committee and the new chairman Roy Roper, who ran a dentistry practice, called and invited her to lunch at the Chamber's office. Mr Roper's newly appointed committee's secretary Liz welcomed Tiffany and seated her in his office and said Mr Roper was due back from an executive meeting at any moment.

Roy came in, looked at Tiffany and appeared stunned, saying "Omigod."

"I'm aware we've never met, but I assure you I'm mortal."

He stopped and frowned and then grinned, and said he realized that was her reaction to him saying Omigod.

"I was just astonished. You are much younger than your husband."

"Yes. Some men marry younger women Mr Roper."

"Please call me Roy. The boardroom will be clear in a few moments and Melissa, the head of catering, will serve us a light lunch there. Am I permitted to call you Tiffany?"

"Yes please. I gather you are president of Allied Network Insurance?"

"Yes, we are a subsidiary of an international insurance group and we operation mainly here in the north."

"Ooh, big business."

"Well, yes although the company you chair is larger in brick and mortar, personnel and operates throughout the county whereas we restrict our operations to insurance and investment."

The door through which Roy had entered opened, and his committee's secretary said lunch was ready.

The lunch was cold meat and salads and Tiffany appeared to score well by saying, "Thank heavens for a healthy lunch and you attempted to put fat on to my hips, Roy."

He immediately glanced at her breasts again.

"That comment was totally unexpected Tiffany. This is standard fare for us and I had the thought you might regard it as peasant's food. It was good to hear your approval and I have to say, we have top shelf food at our formal dinners, with options for those who eat to remain slim. My wife will love meeting you with your great appearance and wholesome attitude toward sensible eating."

"Now on to you and the Chamber, Tiffany. I welcome your arrival and have received basic information about you and it's all good. I can advise you are invited to sit on the communications committee from which your husband, one of our stalwart members has resigned, a straightforward arrangement with minimum disruption. Do you agree?

"I appreciation the thought of being given immersion into your Chamber's committee structure Roy and yes, being appointed to the communications committee sounds ideal but I request I join it as deputy-chairman as I'll eventually earn support to take the next step up to chair the committee. That seems inevitable to me because I have a business brain, have established many media connections in the city and with my agile mind I'll quickly absorb what I need to know about the committee's operations."

"Um, we actually have a committee member ready to announce at 4.00 today as the committee's new deputy-chairman, succeeding the present incumbent who is being announced at the same meeting as the new chairman."

Tiffany glanced at her watch and said, "It's only 12.22 Roy and I guess that gives you plenty of time to arrange a pow-pow with those managing the reshuffle to consider my simple request that I've pitched for the good of the chamber."

Roy appeared to be a little harassed and said, "I really think..."

"Roy, my husband and I would be delighted to invite you and your wife to join us to dine in Paris this Saturday, and return to London that same night, as a way for Tim to express his gratitude for the wealth of experience and high-powered contacts he's made while servicing on the communications committee and in appreciation of your, um, stalwart support."

Roy said indignantly, "Dear Tiffany, I must point out emphatically that I..."

"That you cannot be bribed, Roy? Good heavens, I would be aghast if that were so and you probably would be excommunicated by the chamber as quietly as possible. I trust you clearly heard me say crossing to Paris for dinner and returning late to the UK was Tim's way of expressing his gratitude, meaning for the support he's received from you as his deputy on the committee."

"Ah, indeed that puts a difference slant on things and I presume there's no need to say anything to anyone here about this magnificent way I'm being thanked."

"No, absolutely not if that's your preference. Oh, a Roy, I'd like to be also like to be appointed to the Government and Legislation committee, but only as a committee member. I have a strong interest and understanding of the ramifications of how politics can enhance or impede business, the need for the Chamber to advocate politically on behalf of the business committee and to inform members in a timely manner on proposed law changes, new and amendments, that could impact on business."

"You do appear informed on the impact of legislation and lobbying I grant you but unfortunately that committee is at full strength."

"I hear you Roy, but tell me, has the committee table room to allow one more chair to be added."

"Yes, I believe so."

"Then Roy, you'll also have time to have a word in the president's ear about me and suggest I be added to that committee, adding that you have interviewed me."

"You and I have only exchanged a few words."

"Fine Roy, I concede that, but answer this, have I impressed you?"

"Definitely Tiffany, in fact absolutely and perhaps I ought to be advocating for your inclusion on to our Disputes and Resolution Committee."

"Yes, but with the right timing, Roy. Two appointments being dropped into my lap by each committee's membership decision-makers is quite enough for me right now. I shall go now to maximise your time for advocacy on my behalf. Thank you for your time, the splendid lunch and Roy, if everything quickly falls into place, I must say I'll have to think of some way to reward you that can't be dubbed a bribe. For god sake, don't breathe a word to anyone what I just said, especially not your wife."

Roy's face became highly coloured and he choked, "I'll escort you to the lift, Tiffany. Christ, anyone stupid enough to classify you as a dumb blonde is in line for a rude awakening."

In the lift, Tiffany giggled, thinking she'd just given Roy Roper a massive rude awakening.

Next morning, Roy's committee's secretary called on Tiffany and delivered a sheath of flowers and a letter from Roy informing Tiffany she had been elected unanimously to the Communications Committee as deputy chairman and the president, Lionel Thompson, had used his prerogative of office to declare Mrs Tiffany Burton-Jones as the president's appointee to the Government and Legislation Committee.

"Good heavens Tiffany, your immersion into the Chamber's hierarchy has been meteoritic, with scarcely anyone, including the President, not having sighted you yet. The rumour sweeping the office is you have been hand-picked to become a future president and the Chamber is about to progressively receive the biggest reconstruction shake-up in any one year of its history."

"Liz, that expresses the truth about rumours, they're a load of crap. I'm female and so the majority of male membership will assume I know nothing, confirmed by the colour of my hair and the fact that I'm only 40."

"That's not how Roy sees it."

"Oh, can you tell me, in confidence, what he said to you?"

"In this instance yes, but this is definitely in confidence Mrs Burton-Jones."

"Liz, all me Tiffany and advise all staff to address me as Tiffany."

"But..."

"Help me with this tiny shake-up, Liz."

Roy's committee secretary stared at Tiffany and gasped, "Omigod, reform has commenced already. Oh, Roy said you completely floored him, revealing yourself to be a real powerhouse."

"He said, quote, 'Mark my words Liz, that attractive lady with a great arse will be chairing our powerful Disputes and Resolution Committee', ends quote. I said but you're not a solicitor (lawyer) and Roy scoffed and said you'd jump that little barrier with your arms folded and smiling beautifully. You appear to have impressed him enormously. I said then we can expect fireworks around here once you bed in. He said that will be unlikely because you have awesome negotiating skills."

"Me?"

"I've just become his committee's new secretary but multiple dental surgery owner Mr Roper is known in admin for not giving praise lightly."

Tiffany patted Liz on the shoulder affectionally and thanked her for her confidential feedback.

Liz said, "Thanks, but you must accept my loyalty is first and foremost with Roy and our president."

"Of course, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Integrity really strengthens the culture of office administration.

After Liz left, Tiffany went into Tim's office and he said, "Is it important, I'm busy."

"Is that the approved way to address the chairman of the company."

Tim looked up defiantly.

"Come on Tim, react in the best way for the good of the company and for your and my business relationship."

"Oh, apologies darling, I'm amid important calculations but you come first," he said, coming around his desk and kissing her.

She winked amid a broad smile and handed him Roy's letter to read.

"Christ, they made you deputy-chairman ahead of the front-runner Arthur Ludlow. Holy fuck, you're also on the Government and Legislation Committee. Did you fuck Roy and then squeeze his nuts and demand that membership?"

"Tim, that's fucking insulting."

"Oh darling, again I've forgotten proper behaviour."

"Well, any more lapses and you'll be sent off to some sort of behavioural correction school."

"You wouldn't dare," he partially spluttered.

"Try me, if there's to be another lapse."

"But Tiffany, darling, you're my wife."

"In our private and social life, yes, but in our business environment you're simply my most senior executive."

"Tiffany, I demand..."

"Tim, I suggest you back-off and use your intellect and behave reasonably."

He straightened his shoulders and fiddled with the way his tie was hanging,

"Okay Tiff, you're behaving reasonable over this, although showing a bit of muscle flexing, and it behoves me to also be reasonable."

"Behoves?"

"I remember it being used by older people in my youth," Tim said. "No one seems to use it these days. It means be incumbent upon but even that's rarely used today, at least not within my hearing. Find just one word to describe 'do the proper thing' and you have the modern equivalent."

"Well, enough of that, Tiff. How did you really get those appointments?"

"I asked Roy to consult those who decided he should be chairman and to tell them I'd asked him to advise them I wished to be considered for the deputy's position and I presume he repeated the presentations I made to him that I was young, had a good grasp of communication skills and general understanding of basic policies and considered myself to be a business person on the up. I handed him a copy of my CV."

"I pushed Roy further, he agreed to do as I'd pressed him to do. I then asked him to discuss with the Chamber's president my request to be added to the Parliament and Legislation Committee and to stress I was a skilled negotiator."

"Are you a skilled negotiator?"

"Yeah, I think so. I had our two headstrong kids sorted most of the time and my recent work since I've been chairman of this company had given more depth to my experience and I mentioned all of that was included in my recently revised CV."