Tiger by the Tail

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As a result of our findings, we are confident we can resolve the opposition over the appointment of the new CEO here and now, thus saving the individuals and the company considerable money is legal costs over challenges and, hopefully, resulting in not having anyone dismissed, especially the two persons I am about to identify. But it will require the goodwill of both persons to fall back into line and if you do so, the company will not in any way register this as a blot on your service record and I have secured the company's absolute assurance that this will be so. Mrs Hamilton is now invited to comment."

"Thank you, Miss Lovelock. Everyone, I am satisfied that everything we have heard at this meeting so far is geared absolutely toward achieving the best possible result for the company and for every individual in its workforce. What you had heard is a peace offering, and the association will be vigilant that the terms being offered to the two main protagonists will be honoured."

"I recommend total acceptance by our two leading dissenters who it is assumed wish no harm to occur to the company's productivity now that the company's stance has been explained in utmost faith, I believe."

"As a result of my thorough investigation, or at least as thorough as I believe we could muster without launching a witch-hunt, Miss Lovelock and I have identified Chris Black as the chief protagonist in attempting to upset the appointment of Harris Roebuck as the new CEO of Roebuck Industries with Gary Bligh being in close association in supporting Mr Bligh's attempt to upset the appointment."

"My recommendation is that no disciplinary action be taken against those two active dissenters. It is recognised that Mr Bligh had been widely considered within this company's workforce that he was the leading contender to become the replacement CEO following the announcement of Stan Wallace, the incumbent, of his retirement."

Jenni then said, "This completes the company's agenda for this meeting unless there are any questions or comments for me or Mrs Hamilton. I have advised your CEO to made no further comment today."

After almost a minute passing with no questions being raised, Jenni closed the meeting and the panel members left the room to a hubbub of discussion among the senior executives.

Members of the panel went to the CEO's office where Harris' PA served coffee while Harris called his father to delivered a terse message by phone with the speaker on, "The meeting is over, dad, and I await for any reaction. There was no blood on the floor."

Leyland replied, "Excellent. Now you can devote your full energy to the job you have been appointed to do. Jenni Lovelock has been practically a godsend to you and to this company. Treasure her. Bye."

"I do treasure her dad. Our engagement will be announced formerly in the social section of our city's morning newspaper this Saturday, and yes dad, that is with Jenni's consent," he laughed, cutting the call.

Harris strode over to stand beside the smiling Jenni.

"Well, Mrs Hamilton," he said quietly. "What is your feeling as a result of that meeting, we've just left?"

"I anticipate the issue will now fade quickly and, in all probability, you'll receive Gary Bligh's resignation within the next couple or so hours."

"His resignation would be accepted," Harris said darkly.

The End