Time Flies Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bettina: "D.A. Walters did not make a statement nor return calls by KXTC for comment, but legal experts are in agreement that her decision was the correct one in part because of potential errors made by Commander Donald Troy and the TCPD during their investigation. And sources within the DEA have told Channel Two News that Commander Troy and the TCPD interfered with several undercover DEA operations that threaten to leave millions of dollars in drugs on the streets that can potentially get into the hands of our school children."

Bettina: "In State news, the State Legislature continues to be totally stalled as a grueling battle over the Impeachment of deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared continues to be waged in several State House Committees. Independent State Counsel Robert Mullen testified behind closed doors before a subcommittee of the State House Judiciary Committee, chaired by State Rep Tasheeka Harris of Inner Midtown, and former Jared aide Dave Smigelski testified before the State House Select Committee on Impeachment."

Bettina: "And finally, on behalf of my colleagues here at Channel Two News, I'd like to congratulate our colleague Amber Harris on the birth of her new baby boy yesterday morning!" Photos of Amber and her new son were shown...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What subcommittee was that?" I asked as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room.

"Harumph." growled Sheriff Griswold. "It wasn't. A group of State House Democrats assembled in a Committee hearing room and had Mullen come in and talk. They made it look like a formal proceeding, but it wasn't. They could just as easily have called it a Kiwanis Club meeting. Of course KXTC, KSB, and the SNN networks are treating it as if it was the biggest hearing in the history of the Legislature. Governor Jared's office put out a statement crying foul, but only a few Fox stations are even reading it on air."

"How do we feel about Miriam Walters giving the Feds the cases?" asked Cindy Ross. The Sheriff and Chief glanced my way, giving me license to answer.

"I'm okay with it." I said. "We can come back after the Feds and charge and try them for their respective murders if we feel we need to. They were pretty hell-bent on taking Hamm away from us for the Ripley shooting, so we might as well let them take the other case, too, and do all the work prosecuting it."

"What did you do with the real Donald Troy?" queried Tanya Perlman with a gleam in her eye. But things got quiet when I just shook my head; it was obvious I wasn't in the mood.

"So Amber had her baby, huh?" Cindy Ross said musingly after a long moment of silence.

"I wonder who the daddy is." Teresa Croyle all but snarled. "No, I really don't care."

"You should." I said simply, but said no more in spite of being stared at.

"Is she still in prison?" Chief Moynahan asked as he refilled his coffee mug and added appropriate amounts of pollutants.

"No sir." said Cindy Ross. "They took her to Midtown General Hospital Wednesday afternoon. She had the baby yesterday morning, January 16th. Judge Adam Schaefer, known as 'Shifty' Schaefer, who is a very activist, Leftwing judge like Harry Nance, signed the papers yesterday afternoon that released her from jail and put her on parole, so she'll be coming home with the baby as soon as they're released from Midtown General."

"Can a judge do that?" asked Teresa. "Isn't clemency the Executive Branch's prerogative vis-a-vis the Separation of Powers?"

"Mighty big words you're using there, Ms. Croyle." I said. A (borrowed) green crowbar was waved in my general direction. I continued: "But I'm not sure why a judge can't do that. It wasn't a pardon."

"What it is," said the Sheriff, "is special treatment. Not all women who give birth in prison, nor their babies, are treated so well..."

*CHIME!*

It was my Police iPhone, and the text was from Jack Muscone. It simply said "All doors are locked." It was a code message, meaning that I should not enter any Federal Building, be the ones in Southport, Midtown, the City, or here in our Town & County. And I realized what it meant.

It's begun, I thought to myself.

As everyone watched curiously, I took out my personal iPhone and typed a message that would be sent to a small, select group of individuals, then sent it. The message said:

"Wrap up warm. An East Wind is blowing."

Finis.