All Comments on 'Timing is Everything'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

A man with a plan!

5

usaretusaret3 months ago

Just did not go far enough 4 me.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey3 months ago

Kathy brings to mind Archie’s epithet for Edith - Dingbat. Thanks for the new story. What a great surprise!

jazzharpjazzharp3 months ago

Average. But it is nice to see a new story from you.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months ago

I always enjoy a story by K.K. We have another Kathy in this story, but this guy is not her clown. Nice story! Thanks for posting it.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months ago

K.K. started posting on Literotica 22 years ago, give or take. He has given us many hours of fine reading and I appreciate that very much. Thanks so much to one of the best among us.

BeBopper99BeBopper993 months ago

5* Nice 750 story! Liked that no nonsense husband.

Freddog6601Freddog66013 months ago

Nice quick read.

Buster2UBuster2U3 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars, Great Writing, Great Story, Great Plot, Great handling of this Trope. LOL Thanks, Buster2U

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I liked it, but this one really does cry out to be finished. She wanted to explain to her date why she could not go out with him? Does that mean ever or that night? Does she really end the relationship, or is she just delaying? Wouldn't it be great if every husband in that position knew about it all ahead of time like that instead of figuring it out later?

demanderdemander3 months ago

Just not complete. D

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

What "D" said - 3.5*

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

What a ditz. thanks

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19553 months ago

Another problem 750 word story. They are very hard to be completed to anyone satisfaction. A good author can put a simple storyline down with 750 words. But most end up hollow or incomplete. This was an incomplete effort. Maybe the author can make this a decent story in the future. 3 stars.

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

Knowledge is a powerful thing. Knowing her plan gave him the upper hand, but I have to wonder if her reaction was just temporary. A quick text to lover boy and she reschedules her little side action for when her hubby is out of the way. Of course, he did say they would be discussing things at dinner, so maybe he dissuades her. And therein lies the problem with 750 words. Still, nicely written by one of the better veterans of LW.

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDiesel3 months ago

My first story was a 750 so I know how hard they are and how readers expect too much. You’ve left enough for me to read between the lines and fill in what I would like it to be. Nice job, 5* from me. You can leave it as-is or add a follow-up.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar3 months ago

I should have checked the tags. I forgot. I won't score this as it wouldn't be fair. I've given up on the 750 word project efforts. Very few are decent.

jakie1jakie13 months ago

Thank you KK!

phill1cphill1c3 months ago

I guess it works with 750 words because she's really really stupid. Bitch, why would someone be spending money on your dumb-but-fuckable @ss? The women in these stories seem straight of the 70s comedy Facts of Life.

OOAAOOAA3 months ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good short story!

PaperbackreaderPaperbackreader3 months ago

Why even write this s..t?

nestorb30nestorb303 months ago

The misogyny is strong with this story

The WandererThe Wanderer3 months ago

The problem with flash type stories is that folks with zero imagination can't understand them. I see two opportunities to exercise my brain here, first with the prequel and secondly with the aftermath. ;-)

Karn9Karn93 months ago

Average at best…. Nothing unique to this story. 3*

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594193 months ago

Nicely written and to the point🧟‍♀️🧠🤯

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Welcome back from out the the blue! Nice little tale about a man that WAS prepared!

offkilter123offkilter1233 months ago

Hope this is just you taking a practice swing.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

I would have preferred that he explain to Darren why he couldn’t take Kathy out in a way he would have been sure to understand. Very good story anyway.

Jack440Jack4403 months ago
Great

Great story. Short, concise and to the point. I'd love to read a followup.

Also, haven't read a lot of your stories lately, I've always liked your work. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not bad, but treating your wife like she is stupid rarely leads to a good harmony.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

usaret - It is a 750 word story, how far can one get?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

FINISH IT!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It is a little short in explaining what is happening and why? It is sort of take it or leave it .

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown3 months ago

Unimaginative....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Adds nothing new to an over used trope .

Thankfully it was short , but then if it was any good I would criticise for being too short to be a story .

I'm honestly confused here ?

There's ' author's ' who say they love to write ..?.. so write then !!

I get longer emails than many of the so called ' stories ' I see on here .

This fad for short ' stories ' is killing this site .

Jen32 .

No stars . Not sorry . Try harder .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

nothing new here, expect better from you. Average like Kathy.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

could have been a great story with more meat to it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Liked the MC's no nonsense attitude but was less enamoured with the lack of resolution.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just dinner and she's wearing her LBD? Hmmm...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This demented and unfaithful slut wife is highly compromised. Difficult to stay married with such a person, without the shadow of suspect always present. 90% is already divorce, no way living without thrust.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 stars because you are KK.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My name is Darren Clark. Damn it, such a pussy practically jumped off my dick... Why couldn't this hubby be at least another half hour late? That simpleton Katie had already swallowed my bait hook, all I had to do was get this fish into bed. I've already been anticipating, imagining, bragging and what should I do with my big blue balls now, tell me, Jim? This is not friendly!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

HDN is correct. thank you K.K. and YOU to HDN

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Quick, short, and clever

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm really tired of 750 word stories. You a better writer than this.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"This is a problem of your own creation, so it is yours to fix". Well said! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He knew he married a woman with the IQ of a rock. If he wants to stay with her, he needs to accept that he’ll be in situations like this forever.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Unequally yolked, yet together, MC as pack leader, nice:5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You wasted too many of your 750 words uselessly and left a potentially good short story open-ended and sloppy. Not up to par with your usual efforts. Distracted by something??? If you produce good works, it makes the duds worse. I see in the comments most folks are applauding. I believe that is more of an auto-pilot reaction, knowing the author is almost always good. I look forward to your next story being back up to your normal excellent standards.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I hope there’s no children. Don’t want to pass on that level of stupidity!

ZK

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

Good as far as it went, but needed more.

MbgdallasMbgdallas3 months ago

Nice outline but we need a complete story. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cant get much better at getting straight to the point of the story, Well done five stars

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

This was very good.

Thanks @KK

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Why exactly is he married to that dumb person? I don't see the point in staying in that marriage if she's that moronic AND unempathetic.

enderlocke77enderlocke773 months ago

eh too cookie cutter for me, nothing new

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

Appropriate details and ending for a 750-word composition.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

welcome back

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Too stupid to make half his kids dna

maedhros21maedhros213 months ago

Worst thing they ever did on this site was start this 750 word BS....every single one gets 1 star from me...its nothing but a license for laziness.

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
Short

But to the point. Beat the crap out of the idiot.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Of all of the "We have to talk...." stories, I think that this one is pretty decent. (1) It's established early that Kathy isn't bright (this makes the whole scenario a bit more plausible) (2) She doesn't dig in to go on the date, but instead makes the right choice- yes there is a rocky road ahead but she (finally) chose wisely (3) Darren's line may also be convincing or at least more convincing than the usual nonsense. I wonder what would have happened if the husband had insisted on coming along - after all it's just dinner right?

The tricky part of these 750 word stories is that it is just a scene of a story. Sometimes a scene is all you need and this time you nailed it. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It’s hard to paint a picture with only one color; it’s hard to tell a story with only 750 words. Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Listen to your readers. This is so good that we all want more of this story. I hope that Jim gets his chance to explain things to Darren in such a manner as to leave a lasting impression about dating married women.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That marriage is history. Nobody can be that stupid.

tralan69ertralan69er3 months ago

A 750 word story and with humor.

5*****

Omart57Omart573 months ago

Hellava start, Thanks, K.K.!!!

Chimo1961Chimo19613 months ago

Don’t waste a lasagna on a whore who dates while married. Not worth a nickel. Slap the bitch and tell her to move on

doctrptdoctrpt3 months ago

That's clearly already over...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short, sweet, says it all. 5*s

xMulexMule3 months ago

4*

Lasagna...wife...lasagna...wife...

.

Lasagna!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's becoming more and more apparent that the only way to rule is with fear, sadly. So what you do is you drug the bitch, then kidnap the guy, then get a nice little basement setup. You then proceed to make her watch as you brutally and slowly torture the guy to death, while constantly telling her, "this is your fault. This is what happens when you stray from your vows." There won't be any cheating after that I can guarantee. Sure she may be a bit worse for wear but at least you'll have a faithful and obedient wife that won't by shy to give you the attention she should have been giving all along. :) Anyway, there's an idea for a story if anyone wants to run with it.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Hell no!I'll talk to Darren!

DadieODadieO3 months ago

It's a great start to a story to bad u didn't finish it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It was a good, entertaining story. However, it stopped in the middle. So my general 2 stars.

Irregardless of what wifey wanted, Jim should've grabbed Darren out of the car, threw him against it, & told him directly that his- Jim's - wife is not available for his fun. That's a 1-time warning. No matter what the author wanted to write, he should've completed the story. It fails the 750 word project. Bob

someoneothersomeoneother3 months ago

Always amazed at how some husbands know everything and guys brag openly about their conquests.

shadrachtshadracht3 months ago

Not paced right to be a complete story in 750. Okay bones, but failed in the execution. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Oh yeah, don't forget the lasagna.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Great story. But I do wish you could have done a full length story, the premise was interesting enough

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous