All Comments on 'Tina's Confession'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments
Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Thanks for finishing. Nicely done and better than I expected. Five stars for the total story.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Your manifesto regarding commenting is.... silly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As a short, fictional story on a porn site that costs nothing, it wasn't bad. A few errors in structure and spelling but this isn't some literary site. Your take on the LW crowd is spot on so may I suggest if it bothers you, that you allow neither voting or commenting on your stories. Anyway - I'd comment further but the alligators in the swamp frighten me.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

In the end, we generally destroy ourselves!

5

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

Good story. 5 stars.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

I'm from the UK. The ending from the first story was too abrupt.

-

This was good in that it explains how Tina got into cheating, but I'm not a fan of "her perspective" sequels, because it means a tedious rehashing of all the previous scenes.

The other big problem with "her perspective" sequels, is most writers can't resist white knighting for the cheating slut, and giving her a happy ending. That's not the point of a BtB loving wives story at all!

-

I also didn't really care about Lee, the virgin loser. If he had any class, he would've turned down Tina in the hotel out of respect for his boss.

The only one I was really interested in having a successful outcome was Pete, the betrayed husband. It was nice he started dating again, but it was all too vague to be particularly satisfying.

Nice try at wrapping things up. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good reading but so sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Congratulations, very nice story from the point of view of the ex-wife.

Sometimes an event changes your whole life.

When I was young, I did a lot of shit unknown to my relatives.

It was great, it was: "If they don't know, it doesn't hurt them."

One day I was discovered by my grandfather, and we had a conversation between adults (even if I was a young idiot).

He told me that certain things hurt whether you know it or not. He confessed to me that he had learned that he had cancer, that he did not know and that it was too late now. He asked me to stop this immature and selfish behavior, and to be honest with myself, that I had to impose my own rules of morals and behavior, in order to be in agreement with myself.

I still think of you. I miss you. I love you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Choices that we face and how they affect us. This was an interesting story and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Starting the story with a multi-paragraph whine about commenters is both tacky and sets a tone of insecurity that makes it difficult to enjoy the story on whatever merits it may have.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

Well done, a good tidy up. I liked your postscript but have to confess that although I'm not from the USA, I do like a neat ending.

It doesn't need to be all resolved but to many stories seem to end in a cul-de-sac with too many things left hanging, yet no intention of a follow up.

My theory is that successful endings are difficult to write. When is enough really enough, especially if the writer has developed engaging characters - whether they are good or truly dreadful?

Anyway, well done & keep writing. Thanks

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Two extremely well written stories, looking forward to your next effort.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

This whole story is weird and creepy. It's like a cuckold Cyrano adaptation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I find it amusing how much you focus on Tina being stupid but ignore how Ted cucked himself and enabled Alex to humiliate Ted with all of his subordinates. If that's not stupid, I don't know what is.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

She did it because?????? D

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

There are plenty more stories to tell that could spin off from this, though I hope most or all would be in Erotic Couplings. Pete and his adventures, Lee and Vicky and of course Tina and her future.

Also there need not be any at all.

Thanks for each instalment, I enjoyed both, for me the 1st was ample on its own, but it is nice to hear the flip side of the coin sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it but in today's times, I think the woman has multiple options and wont be lonely for company. Sadly I don't think a similar scenario is as available for the menfolk. Well written and good sequel

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I enjoyed the 1st of these 2 tales “The 'Do Nothing' Option.” I rated it an Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐. However, I was originally going to give it a normal rating of Good Read ⭐⭐⭐. But the ending gave me cause to move it into the final rating Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐ category.

This tale while it took an entirely different POV and played out in a totally predictable manner I did give it the highest rating of Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. I did this because it met all of my criteria for that rating.

My rating system is entirely different than most peoples. If a story is good, it gets Good Read ⭐⭐⭐. To most people that is a bad rating, to me that means I enjoyed the tale/story and thought the writer did a good job of telling their tale. Only a few tales/stories get the highest 2 ratings. To get those the tale must do the following:

Excellent Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐:

These are stories that I enjoyed the read and believe the writer did a great job in expressing their tale in an easy manner to consume. These stories reached inside me and move my feelings just not to the extent to create an emotional state in a way that touches my core. These are stories that I am intrigued by, but I was not lost in the story as I consumed it.

Outstanding Reads ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐:

These are stories that enjoyed the read and believe the writer did a great job in expressing their tale in an easy and fun manner to consume. The stories that reached inside me and move my feelings and emotional state in a way that touches my core. I usually get lost in these stories.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

avidfaavidfaover 1 year ago
Didn't add anything

She feels bad, she knows she fucked up, she's accepting the blame, and trying to get on with her life. It's something, just not really worth a story that just recycled everything we knew from the first one.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Thank you. I enjoyed this "wrap up". Plus, the whole story was a "reality style" story, without people with Special Forces backgrounds seeking revenge or guys with 12 inch dicks. Like I said, a believable reality story. Thanks again. Cheers.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

The bits where she started to rationalize her behavior, caught herself and the proceeded more honestly were interesting.

Unfortunately so many people in the real world are completely unwilling to be that honest with themselves. But, since this is fiction you can make a character actually do the right thing for the right reasons.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Well, I liked it. Also, from the UK and like loose ends being tied up so it isn't only Americans who like a complete story. In terms of why cheaters do it, I believe their relationships are not as complete as is said in so many stories, including this one. In a perfect relationship, there would be no question of cheating. Still I enjoyed this story very much.

Gram1Gram1over 1 year ago

Thank you for your story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was well written, thoughtful, and nuanced. I agree that the original worked fine as a stand alone piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She burned the bitch will all her actions. Sucks to be her.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 1 year ago

As one of those Users from the country you just denigrated, let me offer a different perspective. People weren't asking for more, just to get everything wrapped up in a neat bow with all loose ends capped. They enjoyed your story, and wanted to see more of it. The mark of a good writer, is not the rating on the story, it is in the intrigue they cause of their readers. Anyway, I'd give this effort three stars. It was basically a repeat, from a different perspective, and not enough additional for the time. That said, thank you for the time you put into it, on a free website.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The flow of the story just is not that. Try letting a female volunteer editor look at your stories being told from that perspective so it does not come across as a guy writing from a woman's perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You screwed up a decent story with the postscript. Which is nothing more than foolish rhetoric.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In real life, are there really people this stupid? Selfish? Insensitive? I don't think I have ever had the misfortune of meeting such a monster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn’t really add much. But then, how could it? Still don’t quite understand why Lee went “all the way” and fucked her, even though Pete was “ok” with it. And he learned so much? Yeah…right 😎

.

As for Tina….guess she did figure out how stupid she was…and what she lost. Took a lot of “tough love” from her family though. And kudos for plainly describing her motivation as simply being “because I wanted to, and I could”.

.

Solid writing, but just 3 ***

pepepilotpepepilotover 1 year ago

Very well done, and it puts closure on the original story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and concise. Tina got what she asked for and she paid the price. Forgiveness is a big word and expectations of receiving same are unrealistic!

Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree that this follow-up wasn’t necessary, but it was interesting nonetheless. The writing was strong, but the story itself was less engaging…probably because it’s been written so often, and so much was contained in the initial story.

Burner70Burner70over 1 year ago

Blob, blob blob boo hoo blob blob

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Huh?

This was just the first installment?!

Please I beg you, no more.

This was a good story let it rest.

I'm afraid there's going to be reconciliation on future chapters...

Just let it rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both installments were really well written and gave deep insight to the feelings of both parties, Thumbs up all around...

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed your preamble. I agree this follow on was not necessary.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

I liked the story. She did it because she felt she could get away with it and she was selfish. Very self destructive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice job at describing the total path of destruction that's all but impossible to undo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this follow up from her perspective. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mmm so after one time with “annie” alex is now an experienced lover?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"So, if a single guy says he wants to meet a tall, blue eyed blonde in her thirties within a 30 mile radius, I'll get a notification." - How does she know the guy is really single?

\

Too dry, too much repetition from the first. You shouldn't have "strongly recommended" that they be read in order, or you should have cut out the scene with her parents and Pete on the phone, or at least not repeat every step.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Well writen and a good read. I think writing this from Tina's view is relavant and closess out the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bravo! I'm one of those who wanted more and this was just the ticket. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So why would she tell her story to any new guy on the second date? Just to let him know to be sure to use a condom because you are a slut? Seriously no guy is going to stick around after hearing that unless you are their only piece of ass. Only fess up if pressed for the truth much later on when the guy may have too much invested to bolt right away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry to disagree with your opening, but I do. This story would have been better if I hadn't read the first one. As is, it's basically just a rehash with a slightly extended epilogue that really doesn't advance the story line of the original main character (Pete). So, had this been a stand alone story, my rating probably would have been 1 point higher than it was for a rehash.

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

I think you handled the 'non-sequel' beautifully. When I first read the preamble, I was afraid it would be a reconciliation, and I was prepared to hate it because I could not understand how this story could possibly warrant that. Instead, she owned her responsibility and confessed all. She went to counseling and was even trying to prepare herself to avoid a similar eventuality in the future. Whether she cheats or not in her next relationship is entirely up to you. Perhaps in another 'non-sequel.' Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Follow up was ok however it didn’t say much about Tina”s state of mind or remorse. On the other hand I always felt the babble after the fact indicated the cheater was a mindless twit.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - Slut got everything she deserved.

Yes, every story needs an ending, or a prelude to a continuing chapter.

Larch50Larch50over 1 year ago

Well written, consice. The best line wasn't even in thestory. I loved the "guess the personality disorder game" at the pub.

HighpikeHighpikeover 1 year ago

Thank you. I appreciated this as it answered some questions on the 'why' front. The meeting with Alex/Lee was a nice touch. The way in which you crafted it could be used as a stand alone story without the narrative of events which preceded it. I live in the north of England, not far from the border.

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Wasn't expecting the follow up but, Well Done! Didn't break much new ground but an interesting and well-written story nonetheless.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

I have no idea why you posted this. It adds nothing to the original. 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had to give your follow-up a 4 for the excellent writing but I do agree with others that it is an old story but sometimes old is good. Keep up your writing as many of your fan are looking for your type of writing.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Thank you for the follow-up! Although I was satisfied with the original ending, having it fleshed out from "Annie'" POV made an excellent read/addition.

Avalon101Avalon101over 1 year ago

I enjoyed reading this story, well scripted and the plot was good. I liked the way the author was in her mind as she slowly went down the slippery slope.

MikeOrMikeyMikeOrMikeyover 1 year ago

Coming from someone from the US I thank you for this second chapter. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author made the common mistake that most new authors make. 3/4 of this story was simply a regurgitation of the original. There were only a few paragraphs of new information. 3*

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Wow! Hope Annie eventually becomes something resembling a human some day. She seemed just fine as a lizard until her mask was removed though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with the author. There was no real need to extend the story. The end was clearly delineated. Her infidelities cost her the marriage and any further chance to happiness with Peter. For me at least the extra details and the epilog aren't needed, it doesn't change the core of the story and add very little to it. Anyway, thanks for being nice and "complete" the story for those who needed it. I love Roald Dahl's short stories, and he always ended his stories suddenly, unexpectedly, and masterfully. Thanks for the story and keep writing.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Realism is often ugly, and people complain about writing that's real, because they also want it everything in the story to also be right. Well, Buttercup, that's not how the world works. You've got an excellent writing voice. This story flowed well, read most authentically and explained MC's thoughts, feelings, regrets and hopes. That's damn near a perfect story, OP: 5++/5.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* Thank you for such a clear story from the "other" perspective. I think that it works really well, it is well-written and nicely balanced. I also feel that I can understand Tina's perspective on her foolishness and what it cost her. Your characters strike me as real people, not cardboard cut-outs. Thank you for posting it.

(I also very much like your introduction)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your pointed instructions about how I as a reader could or should look at your story are simply hilarious and arrogant with your self importance. Much like Tina's persona, so perhaps your character is more like you than you realized. Your remarks about American readers warned me that you are not yet mature enough to write intensely and let the chips fall where they may.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't know why she said she wouldn't go out with the new guy because he thought she was easy. That is exactly what she is, a cheating, easy slut. She should just own it since the STD's will eventually get her. Love how her parents stood up to her bull shit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One thing to bear in mind is this: in the real world cheaters rarely face ANY consequences for their actions, and men far more often than not get utterly SCREWED in divorces.

Bearing that in mind, there are certainly readers that are reading as a form of escapism because they were cheated on and then got screwed by the legal system. Just a public service announcement...

lovemesomephillylovemesomephillyover 1 year ago

That opening paragraph was as pointless as the comments that you were trying to prevent. The story itself? Was pretty much a POV from her side with a little after story. Didn't see the point of it as it was written.

ribnitinribnitinover 1 year ago

I was satisfied with part 1 as a stand-alone, and with part 2 as a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The second paragraph, “I’m quite pretty, 5’ 2” tall slim….you can’t be 5 foot 2 inches and be considered tall. I didn’t read the rest.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

I will leave it to you assume which category of reader I fall into....pretty offensive presumptions IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought that the first story was the perfect length, this was well written but not particularly necessary. Don't let the commenters guide your hand. Your instincts are fine.

kdad9010kdad9010over 1 year ago

Fwiw, I’m from the US and was fine with the original ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The problem is she quit fucking around only because she got caught. Without getting caught she probably would have quit, for a while, maybe while raising young children? But she would have treasured the memories, and eventually she would have started fucking around again. Why not if she never got caught, she enjoyed it, especially the hung virgin, and she really enjoyed disrespecting her husband and her marriage. That's not just lack of virtue, that's being mentally and emotionally incompetent to be a wife. The whore just needs to grow up, which eventually she probably will. Then maybe she'll find a man with whom to share love and respect and trust, and maybe she will have a life worth living, that's she's smart enough to treasure and commit to. Let's hope so. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shove your story up your ass. I won't bother reading it after your foreward comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tepid dishwater of a story, or just dry UK writing? The world may never know…

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 1 year ago

I really liked the first part, and I loved the second part. The only problem I had was she should never have any happiness in her life. Sorry, but at least she'll be alive. The Bear heartily approved. 5 stars. Keep writing. I love happy endings and maybe some industrial strength payback.

The BEAR

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I’m US based and I thought the original ended well from a literary point of view. I will say I am not a fan of abrupt endings with loose ends, but you had all the emotional plot lines merge to a degre of finality in the original. Best advice I can give is to ignore idiots like me and follow wherever your passion leads. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Actually you could do another story: this one with Tina trying to form a new relationship while being honest with the new guy, but without driving him away when she relates how she treater her loving husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story. I’m sure the BTB crowd wants Tina hung or worse. She has paid for her indiscretion. Lost her loving husband ,family and friends. She needs a new job and to move if ever she wants to start her life over again. At least it happened before ant children were born . Then it would be a nightmare for Pete. Those divorced with kids are so trapped and punished even if they were the innocent party. Life could be a bitch then you die.

DreddrasDreddrasover 1 year ago

I thought the original story was well-written and complete in itself. This follow up was not necessary, and didn't add a whole lot to an already complete story, but it was, like the original, well-written, and I'm happy to have read it.

KTD2020KTD2020over 1 year ago

The first story ended well, from a literary perspective. From this reader’s emotional perspective, it was slightly lacking. This entry completes the loop. Thanks for this entry. I love getting the insight into the thought process of the cheater as well as the cheated-upon.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I loved this and think that you did need to do it, not sure about any more follow up, I feel you kept right on the nail the way that you have done these 2 parts

wretched_youthwretched_youthover 1 year ago

I think chapter 2 is worth it if only for Tina's revelation that she used Pete "like a prop" when laying her plans with Alex/Lee, just to increase her jollies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

United States. I love it. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

🌟🌟🌟

Didn't add anything

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, another well written story from Tina's pov. Not all stories have to end with the cheater lying in an alley dying with an incurable disease.

hardworker5556hardworker5556over 1 year ago

I liked it a lot. Well-written, good plot, adequate character development, sufficient sex. Please keep writing and don't listen to the wankers who provide baseless criticism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

British beta cucks, calling out Americans? That's hilarious. Go jerk your micropenis more, cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She didn't tell her slutty Co worker NO because she was just as much of a slut as she was🤭... who does that? Who wakes up one day and decide to kill their marriage? Why didn't she tell her co worker NO? She has no morals. As a married woman, she should've been disgusted and appalled by her co worker. She not only agreed but she sat there and listened to her co worker slutty encounters.. she was intrigued.. now shes crying cause he gound out🙄🙄...her emotions didn't match her actions.. she says she loves her husband, but her actions is saying otherwise.. she used their money to subscribe to a site to betray her husband.. she lost so much respect for him she was setting up her fuck dates while her husband sat next to her.. she had no problem looking him dead in the eyes and lying to him... you know why? Because she doesn't love or respect him.. at each fuck she loses more and more respect and love for him.. no she didn't have any plans to stop😂😂😂😂.. disrespecting him was a huge turn on for her.. hence why she got wet setting her dates while he's in bed next to her🤦🏾.. soon she would've been trying to get him to clean her lovers out of her... yet, here she is crying about losing Pete 🙄🙄.. oh please... she hasn't worried or thought about pete since she signed up to cheat...what did she think was going to happen when her cum slut extracurricular activities come to light?.. she didn't think because she wasn't worried about Pete.. had he not find out, she would've continued and got even more bold and disrespectful.. does she seem remorseful? Yeah, sure.. but until she figures out why she didn't tell her co worker to fuck off?.. Why it was so easy for her to do this?... It can happen again.. she would try and convince herself this time is different.. she lacks morals🤷🏾‍♀️..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh btb for Pete’s sake

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Geeze.... the author is right about some of the commenters. Actually well written and presented over all. She paid heavy consequences for the adultery. Deservedly so. And yes, it does sound like the character would have learned and moved on, which many do. There are plenty of second marriages that work after initial infidelity. It's about whether the second spouse knows from the outset and accepts that person has changed on trust Must happen or else many families would never come about. My wife's first husband was a serial adulterer and with two children atop it all. She is British to - a wonderful Yorkshire woman. See, keep writing my UK friend. You show promise.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Now I want to know about the blonde he is seeing. If blonde hair runs in the family, maybe it's the sister.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written story. Thank God that we’re proper consequences that made a difference to someone who although delusional to a highly impressive degree managed to figure out she was actually responsible.

But I don’t want a divorce? He didn’t want a slut for wife! Well unless she was only his slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. In reality cheating sucks and hurts way more people that just the married couple. Friends over the years loved to hook up to fuck married women. They said it was easy because they all were out to fuck new cock and not get caught so it wasn’t a harder get to know you thing . It’s let’s meet to fuck and they were always game to try it all . Once he was fucking a 45 year old mom up her ass for the first time then rolled her over sat on her mouth and bossed her to eating his ass as he shot a huge load all over her face . Then he sat back jerking his dick between her tits calling her every name under the sun then piss all over her tits face and hair. He said he didn’t even know why , had never done that before. Another video of a friends mother getting destroyed by the only black friend that grew up in the area. At one point he’s taunting her as he deep pounds her saying I have to fuck this white married mommy pussy more to see who fucks better you or your hot daughter who can’t get enough of my black cock up her ass. She says at the end I hope that was all talk and he says no your daughter is a cock hungry known pig around here and mine is just one of many fucking her regularly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. In reality cheating sucks and hurts way more people that just the married couple. Friends over the years loved to hook up to fuck married women. They said it was easy because they all were out to fuck new cock and not get caught so it wasn’t a harder get to know you thing . It’s let’s meet to fuck and they were always game to try it all . Once he was fucking a 45 year old mom up her ass for the first time then rolled her over sat on her mouth and bossed her to eating his ass as he shot a huge load all over her face . Then he sat back jerking his dick between her tits calling her every name under the sun then piss all over her tits face and hair. He said he didn’t even know why , had never done that before. Another video of a friends mother getting destroyed by the only black friend that grew up in the area. At one point he’s taunting her as he deep pounds her saying I have to fuck this white married mommy pussy more to see who fucks better you or your hot daughter who can’t get enough of my black cock up her ass. She says at the end I hope that was all talk and he says no your daughter is a cock hungry known pig around here and mine is just one of many fucking her regularly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This second chapter wasn’t really necessary. I don’t think you needed to show how badly Tina screwed up her life, it was assumed at the end of the first story, just because the hard core BTBs want to see blood on the ground, doesn’t mean you have to give it to them. Thanks for your time and effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really like your writing style, good to read something on here that has structure and a bit of meat to it.

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Follow up stories

Don’t get too caught up in the comments that scream for another chapter. The only stories that really need more are those where the author stops writing in the middle of a series or those who have interesting spin-offs, maybe from an interesting situation with a side character or if the main characters have side plots to explore. If you told your story and are happy, you do you, and let it sit. Every story is a snapshot, with more before and more after what the author framed. This sequel had some interest due to the different point of view, but it really didn’t advance the plot. I really regret the one story I wrote that comments begged for. It actually weakened my original tale, but I leave it posted to remind me to tell the story, then move on. You’re a good writer, trust yourself to write the ending you want.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

There is always a story to tell; just a different story. Will Tina take her hard won knowledge forward… and to what end?

Boardman68Boardman68over 1 year ago

Good story. I really enjoyed reading part 1 & part 2. Adding a part 2, enabled the author to expand how one 20's something wife who has been married only three years and with no children decides to cheat repeatedly on her husband through cheaters' website. You would think the impact of her actions is limited to just her husband; but in reality the circle of pain she has caused is much larger. It obviously includes her husband but her circle of pain includes her parents and the rest of her siblings. It also has an impact at her place of work.

I liked the fact that this story (both parts) gives more detail to the pain that an adulterer has caused her parents & the resulting changes to her parents' lives as well as their efforts (while being very disappointed) to support their wayward daughter.

In addition part 2 delves a little more into the impact Tina's actions had on her. Is she truly repentant? sorry? as she changed? While getting counseling is mentioned...There is no counseling mumbo-jumbo that Pete was not sensitive to her needs; he was too busy at work & ignoring her; Pete had many more sexual relationships than Tina had before they got married; etc.

So is she sorry or repentant? some might suggest no. They might site that if Tina hadn't been caught she would still be identifying & having sex with others indefinitely. Though, I tend to think Tina is repentant or on her way to do so because she realizes that there are no good excuses for her adultery. She didn't because she could. She could get away with it. She has stripped away all the nonsense she was telling herself and realizes while it doesn't paint a nice picture of her. At the end of the day, she did it because she could.

Finally, I thank the author for not including the typical "husband has a relationship with the local mafia & the mafia owes the husband a favor or debt". Therefore the mafia send one of their hit men to take out Tina's first four studs she hooked but with from the website before Pete with the help of Lee catches her.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES