All Comments on 'To Burn or Not to Burn'

by CindyTV

Sort by:
  • 286 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

Excellent.... you never disappoint! 5/5!!

.

Can't wait to read the endings....

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

You have written a rather interesting tale with two very different possible outcomes. I am not sure I do buy into the addiction as much as she just craved a different type of sex and was willing to compartmentalize her life to get it. In the end I don’t see Austin being able to get the hurt out of his system and truly forgive her. I know the BTB crowd will come out and say he should have dumped her immediately but I think Austin will try to keep the marriage together, but I would see this marriage dying a long slow agonizing death that takes years but in the end the pain is too much for Austin to overcome. I will be very interested to see which way others think it will go.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

You're going to get burned in the comments for not finishing the story properly.

Leaving it open-ended infuriates most of the readership here, especially if a story is several pages long. As the author, you need to decide how you want it to end, not leave it up to the readers to do the job for you. It's deeply unsatisfying to read a story without a proper conclusion.

-

As for how I think it should end...

Divorce.

If a woman loves and respects her husband, she wouldn't dream of betraying him like that. The "sex addiction" is a flimsy excuse, because Julie was drinking and flirting with Ryan for weeks before he got aggressive and supposedly "triggered" her addiction to rough sex.

1) she knew Ryan was a ladies man and enjoyed the flirting and attention.

2) she started fantasising about him while having sex with Austin.

3) Ryan groped her while they were drinking and dancing.

If Julie genuinely loved her husband, she would've immediately filed a sexual harassment claim against Ryan at this point and refused to go anywhere near him again. Instead, she started a year-long affair. She cheated on Austin because she's a deceitful whore... there's no excuse.

-

Julie was now 40+ years-old and long past her prime. It's time to dump the unfaithful slut and replace her with a younger woman. Austin was tall, good-looking, and had a successful career; there'd be no shortage of hot girls working with him at Disney who'd be eager to take Julie's place.

The best revenge he could've had against his wife was dumping her slutty ass and marrying some perky Disney Princess. Nothing would've hurt Julie more than to be replaced by a prettier woman who was at least a decade younger. The daughters already hated their mother for literally breaking their father's heart, so they would welcome a new step-mom with open arms. It would've been an important lesson for both of them, to see their mother end up depressed and alone, as a consequence of her infidelity.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

too easy.

He takes a mistress whom he brings in to make love to her, and he fucks his wife like a slut once a week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This author's ability to tell a story is, on the whole, superior. Plot and characters are well developed, dialogue is appropriate and unstilted, the underlying premise is observed throughout. Trying to delve into the why of cheating through a counselling process is, at best, risky. Counselling is messy, subjective, and not well thought of. Providing clarity on such a nebulous subject in just a few paragraphs is practically impossible. Doing it at the end of a story is even more difficult as brevity is required. Dumping the answer into a phrase like "sexual addiction" is almost unavoidable. Most LW authors do not look deeply into the why of cheating before they begin to write their stories. This author seems to have a better grasp than most.

Any author entering into the LW category must deal with the open warfare between the RAAC crowd and the BTB gang. If the right one don't get ya then the wrong one will. Best to just play over them both and see if the ratings improve over time.

The repeated attempts by this author to take on complex human emotions and situations is appreciated. She has found new ways to express them in fiction. Thank you.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Keep writing

Don't take all the comments to seriously look at jpb's stories the comments are all over the place. You can't please everyone just yourself so write for yourself. But I would like to see an ending were Ryan gets his. Thanks for the hard work we get to read for free!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Great story! I looked at the list of your stories. Your LW stories all scored above 4 as did your TG/CD stories. If you don't feel comfortable with LW commenters, it probably is a good reason not to post stories in that category.

5

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 2 years ago

predators need punished.

she actually is more of a victim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

burn the bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

They say a deed is worth a thousand words.

And that experience takes precedence over knowledge.

So the best for the 2, and that he has an affair for 1 year to learn how to fuck, learn how to have rough sex with a little domination.

And she will understand and experience the opposite situation, where one is deceived, by showing penance.

Win-win for both.

hankmbb1017hankmbb1017about 2 years ago

Make her pay dearly! Make guys like Ryan pay with life that would seem easy living in HELL!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The point about the "vengeance is mine ..." quote, is that vengeance is *not* yours. In other words, leave the revenge thing up to Her and get on with your life.

Not sure where these so-called Christian's get off on trying to take over from their God, still I imagine She'll have something to say about it when they next meet.

Pretty good writing, not sure why you are "poking the bear", but I applaud your courage!

Nasty56Nasty56about 2 years ago

You definitely need a “part two” on this one as you already set the scene in your end comments.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 2 years ago

I can see why you set this in a conservative Christian context, because it certainly was preachy.

.

Of course, Austin wasn’t exactly the super Christian you painted him to be. By forcing Julie to admit things to the head of the company, Austin knew he was putting Ryan’s job in jeopardy; by forcing Julie to tell Ryan’s wife about the affair, Austin knew he was putting that marriage in jeopardy.

Finchy1955Finchy1955about 2 years ago

Not a bad story but slightly nieve in the writing

EZ8ltEZ8ltabout 2 years ago

Burn. Idk what the problem was with your previous story, personally to me it was fine, but this? Dedicating an entire page about the the Ryan and Julie fucking, then Austin being miserable? Naah. I liked the part where she had to confess and was being recorded, but that was as far as it went, she got a quick forgiveness imo from the daughters and Austin as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You forgot that this is a man who is used to hard work and intelligent enough to get an MBA. Why would he allow that influence around his children or for that matter let the man get away without some degree of payback. BTB maybe, maybe not but he needs to regain his dignity from this insult.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Austin may desperately want things to go back to how they once were, but the cold, hard fact is they never can. The memory will always be there, cropping up every now and then, usually at very inconvenient times, reminding him of what his "loving wife" Julie had done and was capable of doing again. The daughters were old enough to understand what had happened and their relationship with mom has taken a huge hit. They will be watching dad to see what he does. If he forgives Julie and accepts her back into his life, what message does that send the 2 girls?

I think Austin needs to break from Julie, if only for his own health and sanity. He's already nearly died from a heart attack and had a later major panic attack. He loved Julie but that love can never happen again. Religion is fine, but Austin can't let it completely control his life. If he stays with Julie, there will always be a nagging suspicion of what she's doing when he's not around. That will eat away at him and may trigger a future coronary or other event that will kill him. That seems to me like a form of slow suicide, and doesn't religion consider suicide to be the greatest sin against God?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Fantastic story

All I can say is ignore the hater to me you are a fantastic writer. The story was don’t get me wrong was little bits what needed sorting but hey I don’t care it was a fantastic story. That is why I ask keep on writing these BTB/reconciliation stories you are a true talent. But got to say try to ignore the cuckold lovers and swinging and sharing lovers . They haven’t a clue if it jumped up and bit them in the ass . So ignore the haters and keep up the great stories ok

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000about 2 years ago

Why do people still consider divorcing an adulteress as "BTB"? Even the Gospel consider it as cause for ending the relationship

kelchakelchaabout 2 years ago

4* Would have been five stars if the story had an end.

Given the background of the characters, the answer to the dilemma is obvious.

Choose love.

Love, caring, compassion, remorse, regret are all present here and a resolution can be found. Perhaps something as simple as husband giving a bare bottom, bare hand spanking would be a start. Get away from the emotional pain for a few minutes and inflict some fairly mild punishment.

For me, the wife's remorse makes her a person worth taking a second chance with in the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I was very impressed with your story until I got to “++++ Where does this all lead.” What a cheep, gutless cop out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You know what the bloodthirsty crowd would say - burn.

However a breakdown of how they all go and fix things without resorting to violence and unrealistic scenarios of lawsuits would be a classy move

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wife believes (wrongly) you can love your family and have an affair. Those two things are mutually exclusive. The affair is selfish not loving, both can't exist at the same time. She needs some help with her delusion there. He can forgive and still divorce since she cheated on him. His religion would not preclude him from doing this. Lots of ways it could go, good story!

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

The way you presented Austin means that he isn't capable of revenge through violence. And Ryan has already suffered. More...Austin can't fuck his wife like a slut, which is what she'll eventually need. Maybe the counselor can get him to take his anger out on his wife. But I doubt it. Also, he'd probably have a heart attack if he did try to slut fuck her. And more, he can't even give her loving sex. Now I think about it, all is lost. Your call, though. D

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Appreciate the work. This one just isn't my cup of tea though.

I just didn't care about Julie and I'm having trouble caring about Austin as well.

There is something lacking in both of them as written and that lack makes it really hard to sympathize with their situation.

Julie just comes off as very unlikable, even someone to hate and Austin is almost insufferable in his bland benevolence.

As far as dealing effectively with the situation, Ryan got fired and divorced and Julie is totally outed as a whore. Those repercussions aren't small but it's almost as if it's bland where Julie is concerned.

There are some details being glossed over as well.

Julie had the absolute best sex of her life with Ryan, doing everything with him and responding to him sexually unlike she ever did with her poor husband.

How does that make Austin feel? She gave Ryan her virgin ass. She squirts with Ryan. She gave Ryan amazing blow jobs and swallowed.

None of that was ever done for her husband and blaming this all on an addiction is a very thin excuse.

How are they getting through all of that? Rough sex and several of the things she did with Ryan wouldn't have been a sin or evil if she did them with Austin.

She says it wasn't intimate which is pure bullshit. She drank, danced and romanced with Ryan. She kissed and made out with him even publicly.

She is hardly being honest at all and trying to blame everything on an addiction.

Hope you can deal with these issues.

I enjoy reading your work and thanks.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

I think author you answered your own question whether to BTB or Not. You spent a paragraph listing the pros of a RAAC and spent 3 paragraphs listing why love will never be the same and it’s better to BTB or really just sever the relationship and try a new.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

FTDS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"I didn't do any of that on purpose, it just happened. I can't explain why I let it happen"

This a a typical cheater response and an avoidance technique to avoid taking responsibility for one's decisions and actions.

"I have so many questions about where it went wrong, and what I did to cause this affair. I want to trust my wife again,"

The husband did not cause his wife to lie and cheat on him for an entire year. She made that shitty decision and she alone is responsible. This is the typical bullshit offered up by so-called marriage councilors who attempt to blame shift to try and remove the total responsibility off the shoulders of the cheater.

"Without your strength, I'm afraid Julie will be lost and fall back into a life of degradation. Her future is in your hands Austin, The easy path is to leave, but I know you are a stronger man than that."

Wow, talk about about using shaming, blaming techniques to get the cheated upon party to forgive the cheater by predicting a horrific future for the wife if he doesn't forgive and take her back. This is down right unprofessional, unconscionable and borderline unethical behavior by the marriage councilor. We are not responsible for the self-destructive behavior of other people. One of the first things therapists will tell the family and loved ones of people with self destructive behavior is The Three C's - You didn't cause it, you can't change it and you can't cure it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The authors on this site that write stories featuring spouses hurting the people that they claim to love obviously don't understand the concept of love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know from personal experience, you do not go back to work 2 weeks after open heart surgery.

mwcuriousmwcuriousabout 2 years ago

I enjoy your work. Don't let others' verbal attacks result in you changing what you want to write. That includes how you conclude this story. How YOU want it to progress.

SikemSikemabout 2 years ago

There is no easy answer. Either try to glue back a relationship where trust was broken, knowing it will never be the same, or end the relationship. Ryan does not matter. The children matter. Their history matters. And his wellbeing matters.

With all the issues with sex addition, past infidelity, and an unwillingness to trust her husband with her sexual needs, I say cut her loose. But I am not him. Only he can decide

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ah! come on. You gave in to the masses. Such a very brilant writer tch! tch! The question is to read more of your stories or not. Hmm!

NRBonzNRBonzabout 2 years ago

Questions, questions, a virtual plethora of questions and a shortage of answers. A verse of Scripture is offered and from this prompt a line from an old song comes to mind: "But it's better than living a lie." Walk away.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 2 years ago

Such potential wasted. The cop-out non ending was the final straw. 1 star. You other stories are far superior.

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story, Cindy!

I think the therapist was wrong, however, since he basically blackmailed Austin that he had to stay with Julie or she'd fall back into her addiction. That's the wrong reason for him to stay with her.

Wildbill314Wildbill314about 2 years ago

Hopefully, this writer will “Finish the damn story!”

oingoboingo2018oingoboingo2018about 2 years ago

I liked this story very much. Speaking as a recovering sex addict, this story hit home in many ways.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Nope, she had a full year to come to grips with what she was doing and why she was fucking Ryan. It seems that once caught, the cheaters quickly realize what they did was wrong, but would have been perfectly happy to continue cheating had they not been caught. Throw in the religious stuff, as she and the cuck try to find some more excuses, and you have a totally fucked up couple. Divorce the cheater and find a woman who actually shares your values, however messed up those may be.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 2 years ago

The only major issue I have with this story is that Austin had informed Ryan that they were all going to be there and still Ryan felt he needed to get a little before the party. As far as if it was to be a BTB, then most definitely it should be a Burn the Bastard and Austin should release the hounds from hell on Ryan. As far as Julie, maybe the puppies from hell.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 2 years ago
Not my cup of tea for a story (3 Stars)

Just because it is not my cup of tea doesn't mean it is not a good story.

I like the way you write. To me your stories have what you want them to say in the way you want to tell it. I gave the story 3 stars because it was a good story. I like the way you told the story about Jacksonville and Orlando. However, you probably want to keep the story straight as to which city everything took place. (just a quirk on my part).

Keep on writing and let the hater's hate and the liker's like.

JH4Fun

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

Good story and questions at the end. The hiding and suppression of her first pregnancy from her husband was the perfect setup for what happened. There is no reason that Austin can't provide rough, ravaging sex for his wife as well as the tender, loving sex. Julie's represive upbringing wasn't much help either in that regard. Her explanation to her daughters that it 'just happened' can also be damaging to them as well as a complete cop out. Are they supposed to believe that affairs just happen to people without any control of their own?

I don't care for Cindytv's fishing for endings. You're better than that. You've set up the story, give us your version. Most of the LW category is garbage among a few talented, thoughtful writers.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

It's your story. A real conundrum that you created. It's a very good and very emotional story but, as stated, It's yours so finish it. Some will like it. Some will hate it. The overriding consideration is trust, even over the year long betrayal. Will she do it again even if he is able to tamp down all memories and visualization of her dire acts. I don't believe any author has satisfactorily concluded a story like this and if you do try, expect "burns", no matter what you write. Just have plenty of "give a shit" salve on hand!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent, for those who said negative things about you and your story should understand that it’s YOUR story. They are free to write their own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

burn him legally

bioman57bioman57about 2 years ago

Interesting story. My personal belief based on my history is that it is time to divorce her. Allow her to stay in the family home with him and the girls. Be friendly and supportive, but no intmate contact other than kiss on the cheek or hand. See if time will heal and grow the trust and love. If she dates others then she must leave the home and not return, but the husband can date if he wishes. Let her taste the bitterness of what she has done. Once the girls leave the home, if the trust has not returned, then she leaves and lives her live as she sees fit. But if the trust has returned at any point then open to what they want, remarry or just share the bed without wedlock. My opinion..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really really hate when they say it was a mistake... if it was one time, drunken sex, then she confessed, only then would it be a mistake. She had a year long affair. She did things especially for the AP. She bought things especially for the AP. She intentionally said things or didnt say things to conceal the affair..

All these were sober thought out DECISIONS that she chose over a long period of a year.

DECISIONS NOT MISTAKES!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Actually hope it gets a conclusion either by the author or others February style, lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's obvious you have no clue what sexual addiction is about. The character made deliberate choices. The "sexual addiction" ploy is a get out of jail free rationale. It's the same as saying the slut should not have been held accountable for her choices because she has an addiction and simply can't help herself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She should eat shit and die. Her ex-boss needs to be castrated and fed his dick.

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading this tale. The only detail that did not ring true to me was that after the husband had his heart attack and came home, he could not see his daughter's distaste for their mother. There is no way children would not give that away with at least their body language. I am always perplexed at how many people who write here use the tired adage: "It was only sex and not love". If a married partner is having sex with someone outside their marriage, and it is not a one night stand, they have feelings for that person. Even the author gives this away when it is stated that the wife bought the red dress because she knew that Ryan would like it. She was spending time at home thinking of ways to please him. Now that may not be love, but it sure is close! As far as an ending for this story, it would seem to me that if the wife is contrite and the children want their mother to stay, there is no logical reason for the husband to divorce his straying wife and make himself more miserable. Many of us have had situations occur during our marriages where their partner makes a mistake whether it be sexual or another avenue. There are house wives who are functioning alchoholics and through varying means and their spouses love conquer their drinking addiction. Why should sex be any different? Sure it will be difficult for this family to "get over" this but if the love they profess is real, there most likely will be an attempt at making things right again. After all with 20 years under their belts the husband and wife, who state they still love each other, can't make a serious attempt to rectify the wrongs we are in serious trouble as a culture.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Obvious talent, mostly well written- a simple read thru would have found a lot of simple mistakes; I found it very interesting and believable (could have done without the counselor merely regurgitating everything that had already been said). But, no, her 'addiction' should have been recognized by her and precautions taken. She didn't fall into bed with Ryan, it took time and a lot of warning signs were ignored. Perhaps a divorce and a possible re-uniting later, after a few years.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Poor councillor, how bout once in a while Austin mans up and gives wifey the hard fucking she needs… works well for me , go to Vegas, buy her a dress or two she wouldnt wear on home turf, a skimpy bikini, go to the topless pool

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

A good tale of a realistic conundrum a true Christian spouse has when the significant other is a cheater.

It is not surprising for me if the story with the main character is a Christian that this will be reconciliation as divorce is actually not allowed in his or her Christian faith. Though allowed by the state but not in the bible.

/

In my country where there is no divorce, it is very common where the couples, even the betrayed spouse, to decide to stay with the cheater as long as the cheater promises to stop cheating. It is not always about the children -- though they are also a major reason. One is that it is the shame to admit to the public the failure of the marriage, more so if the betrayed spouse is the husband. Two, his religious leanings pressure him not to separate. Third, the community itself frowns on separation. It also frowns upon cheating.

/

Although he may get community emotional support yet the pity and hushed jokes and snickers about being a cuck behind his back are devastating to the husband's honor and ego that he simply tries to keep the humiliation a secret and forgive his wife or just try to tolerate and bear her presence until he could fully forgive her -- which most betrayed spouse (man or woman) do indeed accomplish due to no divorce and the support of his/her religious faith (most of my countrymen are Christians) the possibility of forgiveness is always guaranteed. In our patriarchal society, it is common for the male spouse gets to cheat BUT not with other married women but with single women, or most often is the case, a prostitute. Only a few cheating husbands can afford to be sugar daddies due to financial reasons that is why prostitutes are the cheaper way as it also does not involve emotions and will not lead to long affairs. Men truly do this purely for sex, the busting of nuts so to speak.

/

The women cheat differently. It is they that usually have AFFAIRS. If not caught, it will be a long-term affair. Their cheating hurts the most because they involve so many romantic emotions in their affair that it will truly lessen their love for their husbands and will be bitching anything about the hubby. They even (unconsciously or consciously) disrespect their husbands to friends and even family. That is where most of the wives are caught or suspected of having affairs because of this behavior. It is also common that women, who are having affairs, to spend or give MONEY/gifts (usually earned by husbands) to their boyfriends or lovers. Wives who are caught in bars and drinking spots alone are suspected of cheating and most of them are too. Going to bars ALONE (without hubby) for MARRIED women in my country is VERBOTEN (a big NO-NO) .

/

Julie's sex addiction cannot justify her cheating. She is not a true Christian thus she is a weak-willed woman. Many women have been celibate and can dispel temptations because of their Christian faith.

Their married life is going on a rough road to travel from hereon.

Thanks, CindyTV for giving and sharing to us this realistic story.

gsteingsteinabout 2 years ago

Well, actually you (the writer) have burned Ryan... first, you told his employer about the business trip trysts. Second, you told his wife. That's two burns. And, maybe third, the employer lost Julie, a good employee, because of the trysts. And, because Ryan was Julie's boss, her leaving the job would be his fault and probably result in termination or at least a severe, career ending reprimand. So, you (the writer) have burned Ryan two and maybe three times.

I think your question at the end is... does Austin need his 'pound of flesh' from Ryan. And, if the answer is yes, then what is that 'pound of flesh,' is it Ryan's life or putting Ryan in some state of severe (maybe unending) stress.

Since the character Austin is a seasoned executive I would think that he would take steps to ensure that Ryan would be forever stymied in his career and relationships. Meaning that new employers would quickly learn of Ryan's history. And Ryan's friends and acquaintances would learn of Ryan's history and exploits. Ryan would forever be 'Branded.' This 'pound of flesh' is the 'gift that keeps on giving.'

pepepilotpepepilotabout 2 years ago

I reluctantly gave the story 4-stars. I feel that everything that was written, until the ending, was a 5-star story as it was well thought out and pretty honest. But even though I felt that you were looking for your audience to complete the story for you, it ruined the magic of your words. One of my biggest complaints is consistently reading stories to only be let down at the ending. I think that this story deserves the authors ending and then the readers can rate this story with all of the facts!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Keep writing love your stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I second Powersworder’s comments in their entirety. He hit every nail squarely on the head.

.

The instant Julie started to feel the need for “rougher sex”, she should have persuaded Austin to start down that road with her. Develop his “inner cave man” a bit. Instead…she just flat out cheated. Long term. And on their 20th anniversary. And when caught by her entire family, incited a heart attack for her husband.

.

Burn or not? Yeah….can’t see it any other way.

.

To author…please reconsider decision to refrain from LW contributions. You are far better than 90% of the current crop.

.

3 ***…..simply because you didn’t supply your own conclusion.

Turning502019Turning502019about 2 years ago

I think no burn. Maybe introduce a sexual surrogate to teach Austin how to be more aggressive and make him punish her

CindyTVCindyTVabout 2 years agoAuthor

Readers: I'm working on a fitting ending to this story - I don't leave my stories unfinished and this needs a good one. I'm struggling on which way to go but some of the feedback has helped. Thanks - Cindy

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

ah, seems like they kinda just fell into it. Maybe the guy seduced her, maybe it was a mutual attraction based on sexual addiction on both sides.

People who prey on others are sick themselves. Moreover, there was plenty of retribution for the 'predator'. I don't see a real need for physical violence. I mean, if you're just into it, own it. But it's not necessary for adequate punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good and well written thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My two cents:

sex is pleasurable.... she continued the affair because she liked the sex and did not respect her husband. I believe labeling her an "addict" is an excuse and a cop out. The line towards the end is very powerful where the therapist essentially says, " You hold her future in your hands, if you stand by her she will be ok but if you don't, she will suffer". Imagine that, the husband is made to feel guilty by the female therapist. Regardless of how this ends I would like to see the husband not bow down to outside pressure, he should be made to feel bad for not choosing to stay with the wife. Good read and hope to see you continue this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Sexual Addiction Is A Form Of Mental Illness. Julie's Behavior Went Beyond Addiction.

A sexual addiction should be satisfied with sex. Julie's interaction with Ryan was not a mere sexual addiction, it was a Romance. Julie is lying to herself and everyone else when she claims her behavior was simply for raw sex. Julie could have gotten raw sex from a male prostitute. Get naked, get fucked, pay the prostitute, addiction sated, for a while.

Would Julie have gone to all the effort to dress sexily for a prostitute? Would Julie have wanted to arouse and excite a prostitute? Would Julie had shaved her pussy for a prostitute? Would Julie start necking and exposing her naked ass with a prostitute in a bar? Julie was not seeking sex, she was seeking an exciting thrilling romantic periodic love affair. She wanted to arouse and impress her sex partner, her lover, give him sexual favors and acts she craved but denied to her husband. Why can't a sex addict be a cheating deceitful selfish whore at the same time? Your story portrays just such a woman.

Nice try, but the cuck has to embrace reality. Perhaps the wife can be cured and rehabilitate her character, but so far all the heavy lifting has been put on the husband. Why should the husband be the only financial input to the family, because he can't trust his wife out of the house in the work place? Why should the husband be deprived of a loving romantic sex life, because his wife's sexuality disgusts and repulses him? Julie has confessed, and exhibits guilt and contrition. Sooner or later Julie will need to demonstrate penance, and restitution. The quality of that writing will determine the overall quality of this story.

But I think you kind of gave away the outcome of this story, when you made the husband emphatically demand that Julie never have any interaction with Ryan again. I think we can all imagine how this will turn out. Your call, and good luck with it. And thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I read it with a open mind. But I remember. What it says in the ten commandments.

4. Thou shalt honor father and mother!

6. Thou shalt not commit adultery!

Julie was a cheat a slut but she committed adultery.

That Hoppen’s to be the main theme and not just in your story 95% of all other stories. Unfortunately even mine. Try going down a different route.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Letting her off the hook due to her "addiction" is taking the easy way out. Once they had sex I can see using the addiction as a reason.

Her choices that led to them having sex the first time were wholly her responsibility. As a married woman dancing intimately with another man when her husband isn't there and doesn't know about it and hasn't given her permission to... Bad choice. When Ryan out his hand on her ass and she not allowed it without saying or doing anything about it ... Bad choice. She made a lot of bad decisions before it ever got to them having sex. You can't blame her addiction for putting herself in a position where sex was even a possibility.

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

So sorry to hear you're giving up on LW. LW is the wild west of Literotica. Any story you post here is going to get comments over the whole spectrum. Some will love it, some will be downright hateful, some will be in-between, and a few of the good authors will give you some valuable suggestions on improving your stories. You are a very good story teller and I hope you do continue to post the LW. One thing to remember is that all of your LW stories have scored above 4*. That is quite an accomplishment and shows me that your stories are well liked here. Hopefully you'll figure out how to deal with the comments section and continue posting here.

Now for the story. Again another good one. You did a great job of bringing out the emotions from everyone involved. That's one thing I really like in a story. Didn't like that you left it somewhat open ended. I'd love to write an ending but I couldn't write a good story to save my life. Just not one of my abilities. I'd like to see your ending to the story. I'm generally a BTB type but I can see how Julie's high school sex life may have caused her to give in to Ryan. Ryan comes across as a sexual predator that slowly groomed Julie until he got what he wanted. Julie did describe him as somewhat of a ladies man. That still doesn't let Julie off the hook for having an affair and she should have stopped it when he put his hand on her ass the first time. That alone shouldn't have brought out her carving for rough sex and how did she know Ryan liked rough sex?? That fact alone brings into question that her addiction to rough sex as what caused her to give in. Lot of questions but you did bring Julie across as truly remorseful and regretting getting involved with Ryan. And she readily did anything Austin asked her to do even quitting a job she loved before he asked her to.

Good luck with which ever way you decide to go with your writing but I do hope you continue posting on LW. LW needs more writers like you. And thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Only a couple of years till the girls are out of the house, living life on their own. Then comes the divorce. No amount of counseling can remove the image of Julie and Ryan together and the mental images of him assfucking her. No sex for either of them for several years till the end, which at that time even Julie sees it as a blessed relief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The LW category is by far the strangest one on the site. It is often not erotic, even though that is the purpose of the site. The most popular stories here are pines of physical conflict, physical violence. Somehow this is the bloodlust category. Blood lust bridges many different groups. Sometimes that bloodlust finds its way into the comments.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 2 years ago

A wise man once told me when I was young....that sometimes there is no way to get justice. Sometimes you must use Mercy. This man was also in a similar situation with his wife. She did not cheat on him thank goodness! She opened up to him that she liked things different sexually. It always amazes me that just because someone enjoys plain vanilla sex, that they would not also enjoy others? Such flawed thinking.

Very good story, a little wordy but easy to follow and good descriptions. I hope to see you write more.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

mavriktumavriktuabout 2 years ago

First, 2 constuctive comment,one complaint, then a response. First, when she first has sex with Ryan she "...gives him her anal virginity " yet she and Tommy did everything including anal. Second, You referred to Tommy as Johnny early on in the story. You need to keep track of your characters and their doings. BOTH, very minor distractions. Complaint, in the prologue you said BTB or forgive ? the answer is in the last paragraph.As one who does not read the last page first of a novel, I dont here either. Last paragraph is a Lady or the Tiger ending and does NOT answer the question but instead asks it. Finally, I think everyone has suffered enough.Ryan is fired and divorced from a woman that he loved as well as Julie did her husband. He went after a married woman? We could say Julie went after a married man,when she first allowed him to squeeze her butt and didnt slap him, which should have ended all future advances. Julie is in separate quarters for now ,wait and see if counseling works.Ryan, same thing. The girls, just get over it, give both parents the love they need to make it all gel together. Respectfully submitted.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

Please keep writing LW stories! I love your work and don't let the haters win! 5 Stars!

ThorlolThorlolabout 2 years ago

I really dont think that its wrong to long for raw and rough sex. I wont deny that cheating is always wrong but there is quite alot hidden in this story that should have been expanded on. For example the parents, did they love their daughter for who she is or did they try to force her to be like they wanted her to be? There is nothing wrong with being sexually active and experimenting at high school age. Sure, she got pregnant by mistake but it wasnt like she slept with everyone she knew. She was actually in a relationship for two years with Tommy. So everything alright on this front, but her parents forcing her to keep the child, wich she lost and then sending her to some crazy religious school to repress her was just plain wrong. I think that messed her up more than anything else. So yeah, really great parenting. Then there came the time later in life where she recalled the sex and longed for some variance. I think that her first time cheating had also something to do with her parents forcing her to forget about her past and also not allowing her to tell her husband about it. After her first time cheating she tried to get what she wanted and needed from her husband but he wasnt able to deliver. Would she have continued to cheat if he were able to deliver? Probably not. In the end, I dont believe that she has an addiction but a repressed personality. I think, without the interference from her parents she could have found a husband who could be loving and also fulfilling her. She's not much different from many women who want a enjoyable sex-life.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 2 years ago

The author asked, "And what about Ryan? Does he get a free pass?" He already didn't: he got fired, and his wife told about the affair, so divorce might be in his future as well.

.

There's a big problem with this story. Austin is pictured as a very Christian man, yet to force Julie to go to her former company and tell the main boss about the affair, even though she was gone, meant that Austin forced an action which deliberately put Ryan's job in jeopardy, and could have thrown his wife and children -- if he had any -- into poverty. This is not the action of a very Christian man.

.

More, Austin forced Julie to tell Ryan's wife about the affair. This means that Austin has deliberately put another couple in jeopardy of divorce. Again, this is not something a very Christian man would do. Yes, it's something common in Loving Wives, but it's not part of the personality the author set for Austin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

BTB and hi also. Really liked what u made her do. Sorry for girls. Just remember.Once a cheater always a cheater. Plus, she has a problem. Luck

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 2 years ago

Great story,

I do hope you write another chapter that finishes this story with the same skill, care and attention of this first chapter or this story, however you wish to describe it. Like other commenters, I don't buy the addiction angle. I think her churchy upbringing lead to a bad boy rebellion in her youth and the shame tactics used by religion and religious families caused her to bury this aspect of her personality.

Put her in a similar situation and boom she falls for the bad boy Ryan, as the desires she buried are brought back to the surface.

It's your story though, so how you want to continue, or not, is up to you. I do hope you do continue though.

One thing you didn't do, and this is a good thing, is dig her in too deep. Lots of authors do that to their villain spouses and then do a RAAC at the end. It gets tacked on as either a one pager at the end of a longer tale, or worse a very short page and a half chapter two. I'm not against redemption, but if you write a 3+ page story and 2+ pages deal with the cheating spouse digging themselves into a hole of depravity don't do a 2 paragraph conclusion where they say sorry and just get forgiven.

Make them work for it, and show their workings.

Grant

HOG57headHOG57headabout 2 years ago

Good story, good questions, personally i am not made of the same cloth. As soon. As those memories came back and i realized what had happened i would be out of there. Scorched earth. That’s just the way i am. Vows are sacred, wedding vows maybe the most sacred. Communication. If your relationship is not strong enough to talk about feelings and temptations before breaking vows, then you need to work on strengthening that relationship. Staying married is hard enough. - outside negative influences are responsible for the majority of failed marriages. Neglect from inside the marriage is next. Treating each other with love, respect, and passion along with communicating is the only way to succeed (rant over)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Powersworder thinks that a woman over the age of 40 is way over the hill? My smoking hot 60 year old wife and I definitely don't agree with that sentiment! I tend to agree with Cringo31 that too much damage has been done and the marriage is going to die a lingering and painful death. All round, a good 4 star read.

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019about 2 years ago

Y'know. Some people are just sad pathetic people hiding behind a keyboard who just aren't happy with their own lives so they take it out on others. I tried writing a story(on another board), I sweat blood over it for weeks and it came out to about 4,000 words...quite frankly it sucked and the ratings backed that up. I know I am a crappy writer, but I had to at least try it. How many of these keyboard warriors can say they write? I bet very few, they prefer to complain.

Are you My fave writer? Nope. Do I read all your stories? Nope. I pick and choose depending on the subject content. I know what I like and stay in My lane. From what i can see you are one heckuva lot better writer than I am. You keep writing. Ignore the keyboard. A well thought out critique of how you can improve is always good. Ah dunt rite reel gud I will refrain from making critical or grammar comments. I don't ask for realism. Escapism and fantasy is just fine. According to the whiners all women cheat and should be punished. SOme need to get out from behind their keyboard and go outside once in a while. The bright blinding thing? Is called the sun, I know you haven't seen it in years so remember your sunscreen your body isn't used to it.

I will paraphrase Saddletramp, and My apologies to him for doing so. This is your universe and what happens happens. The whiners don't like it screw'em. I will read the ones that strike My fancy and enjoy them. Keep writing what makes you happy.

D

Tame2wildTame2wildabout 2 years ago

Hit home quite hard, made me relive a mistake I made in my own marriage. The hurt was vividly brought back which is a good thing to confront. So I would then say it was a well written piece, balancing the wild moments with the sombering reality. Definitely give it top marks! The sex is amazing, the results devastating.

jaythemanjaythemanabout 2 years ago

I could see this going either way. You made the wife a little sympathetic with her addiction and her willingness to confess to her boss and the asshole's wife. I think she still needs to understand how the husband feels a little more before a reconciliation is justified. I am hoping the husband gets a girlfriend to help him get his self esteem back.

Redbull_2222Redbull_2222about 2 years ago

Very well written, close to real life scenarios where everyone gets hurt and the feeling of loss never goes away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To begin, it is not endearing to purposely write an unfinished story just to pose a "What if?" question to the audience. That said...

Powersworder made some points saying:

"1) 'Julie' knew Ryan was a ladies man and enjoyed the flirting and attention.

2) 'Julie' started fantasising about 'Ryan' while having sex with Austin.

3) Ryan groped 'Julie' while they were drinking and dancing.

If Julie genuinely loved her husband, she would've immediately filed a sexual harassment claim against Ryan at this point and refused to go anywhere near him again. Instead, she started a year-long affair." -

- It's that point where Ryan began displaying behavior unbecoming of someone in a managerial role over a subordinate. That's where Julie's argument looses credibility. Yes, at that point Julie should have gone to HR and filed a claim, which at the very least, would have gotten her out of any future trips with Ryan. Julie had a way out but didn't use it. All of the emotional bloodshed and broken bones of relationships were avoidable up to then. Julie is responsible for the Armageddon of life her circle of family and friends now face. If Austin is strong enough and decides to stay with Julie, it's his call, his decision. As (written) the story progressed to where Julie appears honestly contrite and repentant. Future anomalies in her behavior guarantee swift retribution from Austin. But a heck of a lot of cold Humble Pie has been heaped on Austin's plate and it is not an appetizing dish even when served warm. Austin still has a rough road in front of him but he has a big group of sympathetic and empathetic supporters who knows how he feels. He is not alone in whatever he decides to do, keep her or dump her.

Cindytv has pulled the religious factor into this tale in a heavy way. It should be said that when speaking of divorce God said he 'hated it'...however! It was also said by Jesus in Matthew 5:31 "It has also been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, brings adultery upon her. And he who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Jesus doesn't say you HAVE to divorce for sexual immortality, he says if you're divorcing, it had better be for this reason. Some flimsy excuse of divorcing your spouse so you can do your own thing ain't gonna cut it! This is why two people should not enter lightly into marriage. They should talk about a great many things, finding common ground and agreement before committing to a lifetime being ONE entity. The two shall become one. Life is tough enough, even for people who are highly compatible, who needs the burden of a marriage not vetted properly to begin with?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good story. Very interesting comments. Not the run of the mill Lit/ LW story Please keep writing. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Overall, a good yarn about how "having one's cake and eating it too" often craters relationships and yields a lot of collateral damage to innocents. It's your story, so you're free to take it in whatever direction you please. That said, there are several spots in which Austin is referred to as Ryan, and I couldn't grasp the arithmetic of a 37-year old woman who supposedly had not dated during most of college has been married 19 years when the Julie& Ryan show starts to ramp up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If his religious faith is the same as is taught at Liberty U., then he does have the option of divorcing her because the Bible passage that forbids divorce for any cause includes the phrase, ". . . except for adultery . . ." Having the option may actually, over time, make it easier for him to forgive her. She will have to be the one to find ways to convince him of her love and faithfulness going forward. She should not say things like, "I will do anything you want . . .," for that puts the burden of overcoming the love and trust issues on Austin, as though he was the one who messed up. Julie is the one that messed up and so is the one that needs to put all her efforts and creativity into findings ways to convince her husband that she wants to restore the marriage.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

First things first - I generally enjoy your recent posts but the narrative in this one was somewhat stinted. It seemed most of your sentences were simple, single thought sentences. It seemed like you were checking off items on story plot list. The result was I struggled to get into the flow of the story and characters, something I’ve not seen in your other stories. I know you can’t control what’s posted, but there have been similar family “discovery” stories like this recently, diminishing the uniqueness of this one. Second item is your representation toward the end that a strong Christian faith based on forgiveness is a flaw. The flaw is actually our human fault of not being able to forgive. The hardest thing in this story for Austin, but not singled out as strongly as it should have been, was the

outrageous actions should took to have animal sex on her 20th anniversary night. Upon reflection, it would have added better depth to the character if you had presented us with what thoughts she was having relative to being her anniversary. THAT showed a complete disrespect for her husband and marriage. (Since you’ve got me started - LOL) The reality of her hidden past and addiction actually would provide any spouse in Austin’s shoes an out from their marriage. In a case like hers, Austin could justify an annulment. Final note - You mentioned you suffer from sex addiction. You know more than me, for sure, but I do know counseling is very effective to treating it. My only question is whether writing erotica is actually going to help or only raise those feelings back up in you? (I mention that as I read LW for reason and ask myself the same question. ) 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too many conversations repeating the words of earlier ones.

As how to end it; She is an addict. Unlike drugs where the next inevitable slip has consequences that are mitigatable, Her next slip will result in more pain for her husband and family.

His girls must be protected from her actions and men.

If he can't divorce, and I think even Catholics in this position can be annulled, then he needs to move her out of their lives. A permanent separation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Forget the haters…5 stars…. this hits every mark and very close to home, this story moved me. While Loving wives has to be the nastiest category for comments, do not let those who hate your stories stop you from writing in this category.

Mesaazbear73

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A cheap out by you to not make a stand. Before that a 5*. Thanks anyway for a decent story. 3*

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

It is completely irrelevant what happens to the characters, because only the person who wants to continue the story decides which way he thinks is the right one. And the reasons for the different paths are as varied as the paths themselves. More importantly, you have a very comprehensive story, very well told. Your protagonists were described very colorfully and also believable. I have to say I really like your stories. Thanks for that! 5*!!!

titan785titan785about 2 years ago

Awesome story. Please write more including the BTB

40fathoms40fathomsabout 2 years ago

I thought it was well written and a great story line. In my opinion a good introduction to the LW section. Now not to be a nit picker, got your meeting and living quarters mixed up later in your tale,but a great read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Burn them both

jesemmojesemmoabout 2 years ago

Cindy, the story is digging into the sexual weakness' we humans suffer with. The story is a good story, but much too long. In many ways the subject has been covered in many of Literotica's loving wife stories so it's a bit transparent. It's also much too long and the content would have been better if you had pulled many effects tighter. I also believe that you'd be served better with an editor to helped you condensed the story tighter. Human behavior is something that we all face daily and many of the stories on this site are written totally for effect rather than provide answers. This is the first Loving Wife story I've read in many weeks because I'm sick of the "sharing wife" stories as well as the Hotwife, Cuchold stories. All are based on sick human behavior that are written to those that enjoy the suffering of others. The conclusion of your story was well done by offers loving possibilities and hope.

DarthanDarthanabout 2 years ago
Great Story

I really love the story so far, with real characters and emotions. Thanks for writing it so far

timrivtimrivabout 2 years ago

Well, to me Austin is a wimpy cuck. Why, because he wines about everything that happened, “oh woe is me”. Get over it, if you don’t intend to divorce her then forgive he and get on with your life. As for Ryan he has already been punished by losing his job and family. Neither had to happen if Austin had be man enough to go man to man with to settle things. He’d rather see Ryan’s family destroyed, as that is easier. They had 20 good years Peter, Julie is remorseful he need to meet her need and up his game in the bedroom and be somewhat the kind of guy she needs in bed.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 2 years ago

End is a bit of a cop out, but otherwise very good story. Oh and my preferred option, a resounding burn the bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Addiction is an explanation, not an excuse.

It's beyond ridiculous that he had to endure the affair and the health issues, then have to help her 'recover'. I would have Elon Musk launch her into space. Or even worse, divorce her. He needs to examine his testes. If his self-worth is that low, keep her.

That said, good writing.

Ryan's already done - divorced and jobless

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCindyTV@CindyTV
Born and raised on Miami Beach. Cindy loves to shop, dance, cook, walk on the beach, and write erotic stories. She also post stories (with Images) on Medium: https://medium.com/@cindytv - It's a friendlier more responsive platform.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES