To My Senses Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't let myself think about Cady.

###

"You want to get an apartment together?"

Collette's words hit me out of the blue and I choked on my soda. She pounded me on the back a couple of times, laughed, and went back to sipping on her beer.

"What?!" Overhead, fireworks boomed and drowned out my words, and when the explosions faded, I asked again. "What?!"

We were watching the Fourth Of July celebration from one of the stone arch bridge in Minneapolis, shells launched from Hennepin Park busting overhead with flashes of blue and red and yellow. The bridge was crowded with people, but her words felt like she'd put a bubble around us.

"Get an apartment, or a duplex together. You heard me."

"Why?"

"You want to move out, I want to move out. We're friends, let's split the bills." She had to shout over the ear-splitting cracks in the sky.

"Yeah, but Mike... I wouldn't feel comfortable moving in with my best friend's girlfriend."

She smirked at me and turned towards the railing. "Mike didn't really tell you much about our relationship, did he..."

I had a feeling my life was about to get turned upside down for the umpteenth time in six months.

Dammit.