Tower of Babylon Pt. 01

Story Info
It's a free use cyberpunk future.
13.3k words
4.59
30.3k
56

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/31/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mrfudan
mrfudan
79 Followers

Many years after the turmoil of the next sexual revolution, instigated by a combination of viral plagues and advancements in bio-tech, humanity has fractured even further into extreme dystopian enclaves. This story is about one bleak corner of the endgame state of hyper-capitalism, where the feudal barons have regained supremacy over a populace more than willing to sell themselves into bondage for a sliver of hope.

Part 1 — New Hires

Greasy smoke billowed up, forming a haze that covered the horizon of the trashed urban landscape. Maybe this gauze gave the sun, orange and bulbous, a golden hue but it gave little comfort despite the false promises of another, better, era. The treasure of the Sierra Madre was based on a dream, long gone by this exhausted age. There weren't even sexy robots and flying cars, just the decay. Instead, the fears foretold by cynics not only had come true, it was made to be, as if real life had used those old tales as a blueprint rather than a warning. There had been hope for a while, but it had all been dashed like a broken spaceship giving one last effort before succumbing to the gravity well of inevitability.

They say that the suit makes the man; if so, he was a stiff and uncomfortable one. His collar was bone white and bit into his neck like a belligerent canine. It was the first time he had ever worn such a conceited thing, but he had to bear it for his final interview. He absently tugged at the pass badge clipped to a lapel on his jacket. On its matte surface there was a photo of his face and the name Matthew Arnold printed underneath in a basic typeface. The badge also had the Flagstone Group logo embossed on it and various symbols which meant nothing to him. Cheap as it was, this badge was his golden ticket out of this hellhole. Shit, in the old sci-fi books there were supposed to be orbitals to aspire to, hope of a golden city in the sky. Well, the Enclave of the city would have to do.

Matthew turned his head to look through the shuttle bus window. The bus was travelling on an elevated toll expressway over the smoky slums that stretched as far as the eye could see. He had grown up not far from there, in a slightly less bleak suburb of cold concrete and desolation. Trying not to crease his brand new suit, Matt took the time to look at his fellow passengers: other new hires or hopeful applicants making their first trip to the Flagstone Group Media City, sometimes called the Enclave. The international conglomerate was the biggest employer in this region so the sheen of desperate hope on everyone's faces was no surprise.

All the men wore almost identical, cheap business suits probably bought from the same e-tailer, shipped from the same garment factory by the same grey delivery trike to some shanty out there in the hazed distance. There were several women also seated among the charcoal suits, but instead of formal outfits they only wore simple one-piece dresses made from recycled fabrics. The items were meant to be disposable.

The women's faces ranged from apprehension, hope, denial, or fierce determination. Matthew knew enough about the order of things that he did not envy their lot. The Flagstone Group was the world's biggest entertainment provider, controlling a huge stake in all media markets across the globe. Even in these depressed times, the shanty-town was dotted with sat-com receivers or wide-band repeater towers that provided the masses with their daily dose of fantasy, much of it created, distributed and controlled by the Flagstone Media corporation.

One of the most profitable arms of the Media group was the massive pornography division which produced a significant return on investment. Once the conglomerates had secured their control over the interweb, they took full advantage of consolidating profit centers under their umbrella which included the age old trade of selling skin. Even supposedly independent cam operators were actually streaming under the approval of the media giant, usually from subsidized apartments mocked up to look like they were unique and not something mass produced.

The shuttle was headed to the center of the media empire where a singular, crystalline tower ruled over the landscape. Before they reached the outer gate to the vast complex, the bus made one more stop to pick up passengers. More recruits for the voracious media machine.

A flash of blond hair startled Matt from his thoughts. A surprisingly cheerful voice asked, "May I sit here?" He nodded automatically.

She sat her petite frame into the seat next to his. He couldn't help but take stock: Her small face helped emphasize a nice set of azure eyes that weren't dimmed, yet, by the bitter disappointment of life. Her curls luxuriated around her thin shoulders. Her chest was a bit small for his taste, but pleasing under the generic wrap. Her legs were delicate yet well-toned. Otherwise, Matt would admit he was attracted to her, even though nothing else about her stood out in particular. He preferred dark haired girls with waspish eyes and personalities to boot. This one seemed a bit too saccharine for his taste.

She had noted his appraisal, "I assume any recruit of Flagstone Group would want to check out a potential sleeve."

Matt was startled by her use of the obscenity. He blushed, "I wasn't exactly thinking in those terms, but I guess you know where you're heading as much as I do."

"Yes, I'm on my way to make a quick buck as a meat sleeve."

He winced again at the offensive term that came so sweetly out of the girls' lips.

"Maybe we should start over," he held out a hand. "I'm Matthew. You can call me Matt."

"Sorry. I get bitchy when I'm nervous. Beatrice." She shook his hand. "My friends call me Bee. What part of the company are you interviewing for, if I may ask?"

"The content creation division is looking for management production executives. I'm going in for my final interview before getting placed."

"Oh, so you'll be a producer for the porn shows! Lucky!" she clapped her hands. "I'm doing a walk-in, so the odds of getting hired were really low until I met you. You can put in good word for me. Do you want a blow job in advance?"

"That's not necessary right now. I'm not official yet, so I can't promise anything. It wouldn't be a binding contract or anything."

"You're not a virgin are you?"

"No," he said a little loudly. Some of the other passengers turned to look out of curiosity. "I'm just not quite settled into the prospect of working at Flagstone. Are you sure you're ready?"

"Why do you ask that? Do I look like a rube or something?" Her eyes flashed. "I lied to my folks that I was coming here, so this is my only shot. They're against the whole idea. If they catch me they'll tie me up and marry me off to some loser in the barrio. Screw that. I have plans. If the guys are like you, I won't mind too much working under them."

Matt fiddled with his collar, "Like me?"

"Ya, a pushover," she purred, putting a hand on his leg. His reaction was immediate. "See. I'm working you already. You'll be my rising star, taking me all the way to the top floor."

"I don't think you're supposed to make it that obvious. I'm on probation for the first few weeks. There's no guarantee of anything. Maybe I'll fall for some other girl, or I'll just use you and toss you aside."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take. Either way, all I want is a chance." She batted her eyes at him.

He smiled, "If the time comes, I'll put in a good word. That's the best I can do. I'll take the blow job on credit. Pay me if you get hired."

"Aww, you don't think I can do it, do you?" she grimaced. "Look. They're all natural." She popped out her chest and shoved it into his face. He had to admit, they were cute little pups begging to be licked. He fought back the temptation for some reason. Some people still pretended to have a shred of honor. Just pretended, he thought.

"Hey, come on. I don't want to wrinkle my suit. I'm sure you'll make a fine porn star, Beatrice. Just hold it till your interview."

"Fuck. You must be a virgin," she shook her head in disappointment. "Hey, look at that!" She pointed out the window.

The shuttle was finally entering the Flagstone Group proper, yet they were still a mile or two from the actual center. Automated gun towers kept the sky way clear of squatters or unsanctioned traffic. Matt was so used to seeing the flash of them going off that he barely noticed them anymore. It was the only way to keep the infrastructure from being sabotaged or overwhelmed, so it was just a fact of life. The sprawling campus that opened up before them after the shuttle passed the security gates was a stark contrast to the dreary slums outside the towering walls. Long, well lit parkways connected the various buildings that were surrounded by immaculate landscaping and a myriad of lush trees. As they neared the main tower, they could see that the structure was just the centerpiece of a vast plaza enclosed by a set of massive, shimmering buildings that would be impressive in any major city's hub. The bus exited the expressway onto a wide concourse that eventually met a loop road that went around the central plaza until it came to a stop at one of the arching side buildings.

The plaza was quiet in the early morning except for the ducks paddling in the central reflecting pool. A welcome pavilion had been set up for the recruits in front of the steps of the glass walled building where they were apparently expected to enter.

"Well, wish me luck!" Beatrice waved excitedly as they exited the shuttle. The hierarchy of Flagstone Group became apparent right away. The male suits with badges were immediately ushered ahead by the attendants to a roped off queue. They were served drinks and given little welcome packets. The unique corporate culture of Flagstone Group was in full show. The male recruitment leaders were dressed in expensive, tailored suits while the women...well, they were ranked by their level of undress.

The executive level greeters wore only accessories such as hip boots, long stockings, gloves, or flimsy decorative outfits that left their genitalia exposed. The lowest ranks, such as the new group now arriving, were stark naked. Matt caught the flash of blonde hair in the group of women now being lined up for their initial review. They all took off their disposable slips and tossed them into an appropriate bin.

Some of the men whistled or gave cat calls. A couple of them were already groping one of the servers who tried to keep her tray of snacks from spilling.

An authoritative gentleman called for attention to the group of male recruits, "Before we head in to the registration desk, you can observe our screening process. Please try to have some professional decorum in the meantime. You will have plenty of opportunity to amuse yourselves as new hires, and with good fortune, you will soon become full members of our team. I'm Allen Park, you're recruitment guide for this part of the process. Feel free to ask me directly with any questions."

He pointed them to view the other part of the pavilion where the female recruits were being sorted. After stripping, those with badges were also given express treatment, handed guidebooks and allowed to chatter amongst themselves while sipping drinks from fluted glasses. If it wasn't for the fact they were naked, they acted as if they were at a casual cocktail party. Some of them eyed the men, trying to catch their attention in early ploys to gain social advantage. Beatrice had had the same idea, Matt thought. She wasn't in that group.

He turned to look at the line of walk-in recruits. Some of them were already in tears, being immediately rejected and sent to a return line to get back on the shuttle. They weren't even given new clothes to wear in the chilly morning. The pavilion at least had some heaters spaced across it for some modicum of comfort. Not much to his surprise, one of the women in the line of shame was Beatrice who was red-faced with fury. She caught him looking at her and she jumped up and down with renewed vigor, her apple-sized breast bouncing in the morning light.

Sighing, Matt excused himself from his group, who eyed his retreating back with puzzlement as he headed across to the shuttle doors. He might be making a mistake, but for some reason he had to at least try.

Bee grabbed onto his lapel, stretching the fabric. He grimaced but didn't force the distraught woman to let go. He sighed again, "What happened?"

"Assholes said they didn't need any more of my type. My type? What the hell does that mean? I'm just as good as those sluts over there!" She shouted angrily. Matt glanced back, noting to himself that the other group was simply in a class by themselves. They preened like gazelles with perfect skin, immaculately shaped breasts, buttocks, aquiline features, and limbs that seemed like they had been shaped by a master artisan. Perhaps some of them were. It took effort to compete these days and those with some means spent their savings for plastic surgery in order to get recruited. Competition was incredibly fierce.

Bee was very pretty in a girl next door way. That could be a good marketing point, but the problem was they were probably telling her the truth. There were a million girls next door already working as starlets for the media empire in all sorts of niche product that ranged from pinup wallpaper art to roles in erotic VR games. Matt had studied enough to know this from the start.

He shook his head, "I've got no pull yet. I don't know how I can help you."

"See these tits and ass. They're bona fide! Authentic." Desperation made her voice hoarse.

"That's probably not enough. You need an edge. Something unique to hook the talent recruiter. Are you good at any kind of instrument or music?"

She shook her head, "I'm good but nothing special. If I wanted to be a singer, I wouldn't be here."

"How about education? You could try to become a PA or do general office work."

"No, my marks were just average. That type of work sounds boring, but it might be the only angle. I was planning on fucking myself to the executive office," she pouted. "If I can become a mistress to a VIP I'd get a chance for a good retirement."

"OK, let's try the PA angle then, I'll say you put out for me. Come on," he pulled her along back to the welcome table. There was a regal looking woman who was asking each applicant sharp questions and noting things down in a computer tablet. Her hair was tied up in a severe bun and she had expensive looking accessories all over her body including designer boots, jeweled nipple studs connected by a platinum chain to her pierced labia, and a silk hip scarf that flowed around her derriere. It was a bit gaudy for Matt's taste. He preferred the simple black stockings and heels the others were wearing. Either way, it was clear she was in charge.

"Excuse me," he began. She glared at him in response.

She snapped, "You're in the wrong queue."

"Ah, I'm here to inquire about this applicant," he pointed to Beatrice, who grinned, tugging at his sleeve and pressing her thigh against his.

"She was already rejected. We don't need any more bed warmers, to be frank. We're busy here so please move on," she looked over his shoulder at the next applicant in line.

"I'd like to put in my personal recommendation. She has potential as a future PA. As you can see she has a lot of pep and personal charm. She swallows too, a real pro."

"That's hardly unique. You're just a new hire yourself, so I'm afraid I can't take your word on it. Have you actually fucked her yet to see how good she is?"

"Er, no. Not yet, but I'd certainly want to very soon!" He grabbed Bee by the waist. Matt had to admit, she felt good.

The woman looked at him in scorn, "You're kidding me. This is the Flagstone Group. She can sign up as a cam-whore or something for the amateur media sites. If she pulls in enough viewers, she can apply again. If she's willing to do humiliation porn, that might be enough to get some niche ratings. Otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time."

"Look. I'll do anything. You want me to be a dog, I'll be a dog," she hopped down on all fours and jumped around barking, sniffing at both their crotches and raising her butt at them.

"Well, I have to say she does seem to be enthusiastic. That's always a plus, but—"

Bee did a roll and then stood on her hands, legs scissoring in the air. She held her legs open into a split, holding steady for as long as possible. "I can be an exotic beverage holder. I'll serve drinks from my vag. That slutty enough for you, right?"

The woman seemed mollified at last. She held her hand to her chin for a moment, and then scribbled something on her tablet. She said, "Here's the deal. I'll note that you're this gentleman's pet, so you'll get assigned to him after orientation. He'll have to deal with you. If you screw up, it will go on his record. I'm going to write you up for the facilities department as an entry level decorative accessory. You'll get what that means once you get inside. I need your signature, Mr. Arnold." She had noted his badge number and name, filling out a form on her tablet and then passing it to him.

Bee danced in glee, "Yay! I made it! Don't you worry. I'll be on the top floor of that fucker someday soon." She pointed at the shimmering tower. She stood on her tiptoes and gave Matt a peck on his chin. When she received her pass, she made for the main group but a guard shook his head and pointed to a back area where a handful of other women waited.

Matthew waved and went back to his own waiting area. One of the other new recruits asked, "What was that about? Someone you know? I'm Frank Posner, nice to meet you." They shook hands. Matt managed to deflect any further questions, pointing out it was just someone he'd met on the shuttle.

Allen Park made an announcement, "Before your interview sessions begin, there is time for a brief tour. Ms. Hawthorne will be the guide for the interim. Please use some professional courtesy at this time and refrain from too many distractions until after your interview. It's probably best to save your energy for later." He winked.

Hawthorne was a busty woman wearing only a gold chain clamped to her nipples and looped back through her crotch up to a clear collar on her neck. The collar appeared to have some electronics embedded into it, as her voice was amplified somehow. She announced for them to follow her into the atrium. When she turned to walk up the steps there were more cat calls from the men.

One of the newbies raised a question, "So is it true, that anyone can fuck anyone in Flagstone Groups HQ, no matter the rank?"

"Within reason, yes, that is true. It's frowned upon to interfere on someone's duties unless that duty is explicitly for service. Generally, those of us with collars fall into that latter category, but you are allowed to ask anyone at any time. Whether some may or may not accept is still optional. Once again, unless they are wearing specific collars. That includes males, if you swing that way. I'm on duty, hence I am available right now." She stopped to allow them to get closer. A couple of them reached out to grab her breasts.

Park added his own commentary, "Try not to interrupt too much, or the tour will take too long. One of the skills you will be tested on, however, is your stamina. You will not advance far in this organization if you are not eager and willing at almost all times."

"Man, I'm going to need supplements," someone joked.

"Indeed. Flagstone Group provides a whole range of performance enhancement products as part of employment. More details will be provided during your training. Let's go ahead and enter the atrium," Hawthorne said, brushing aside the lingering fingers. "A lucky, and attentive, recruit will have half an hour with me in a lounge after the tour, so stay sharp." She winked, tossing her hips saucily.

mrfudan
mrfudan
79 Followers