Traffic Girl - Juliet Ch. 40

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Have you talked about weddings?" I said, probing.

"Okay, I will tell you that," she said. "We have talked about it. All of us."

"Good," I said. "That's a big priority of mine."

"I know," Kat said. "Almost as big as it is for us."

I just smiled back at her. It was time to take a step back, to evaluate where we were in our lives at that time. It was time to move forward strategically, to maximize the fun and minimize the bullshit. We had come a long way since we committed to California and living in Los Angeles. We had reached a peak none of us had ever dreamed. I didn't want us to lose ground, to take steps back that would risk our happiness or our stability. Everything was perfect, wasn't it? I knew it was. But I had meant it earlier when I said that perfection was a construct. All you could do was do better the next day than you did the one before.

So where did that leave us? Could we really do better? Could we do more? Could we have even more fun? Thousands of images flashed through my head, making it spin. Maybe I had to reevaluate my notion of perfection. What could possibly be better than what we were living every day, at this point?

"Can life really get any better?" I said, not necessarily directing it to Kat.

"You better believe it, darling," she said and kissed me hard on the mouth. "Your girls are going to take you places your mind can't even comprehend at this point."

"Well, shit," I said, "I guess I better buckle up and get ready for a wild ride."

"My love, you have no idea," I said.

I shook my head and grinned boyishly. I might have been the breadwinner, but I wondered how much control I actually had over my life. Maybe that was part of the fun. The girls were going to take me places my imagination couldn't even conceive of. There was nothing to do but embrace it.