True Nature Ch. 11

Story Info
Twice bitten, Thrice Claimed (oh honey).
17k words
4.82
6.2k
4

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello my beautiful readers!

I just want to say that I've been dying to write this chapter and I LOVE how it turned out but it's crazy long so there might be some editing mistakes because I got super excited to post. So, I hope you'll forgive me and I hope y'all love it too!! Still some more to go!

Much love, xx

P.S. If any of you would like to read more from my omega verse, consider checking out my other story: Ice Melts, When it's Hot <3

Fae's Pov:

I gasped for breath, squinting from the brightness in the room.

"Micheal, go get Jane. Hurry! He's waking up. She should be here for this."

"Yes your majesty," a deep voice replied.

I didn't recognize these voices. They were warped and muffled, as if I were underwater. They didn't sound real. I made to breathe deeper, moaning at the painful ache in my chest and neck when I tried.

"-finally happening?"

I jerked myself back into awareness, realizing I'd begun to fade again.

"Check the pups vitals," we need to make sure the stasis holds when he wakes.

That voice. I recognized it. The lady from the door. She was here... with me? Why??

"It seems to be doing fine for now, brave little thing," a softer voice answered.

"They're both brave," another voice added.

"I know. I'll never forgive myself for sending him away. He shouldn't have had to be that brave," the lady from the door answered sadly.

Beyond curious to know who these people were, I slowly forced one eye to crack open, followed by the other.

"That's it darling, there you go."

A beautiful face slowly filled my vision and, for a moment, I thought I was looking into a mirror. I reached forward, wanting to touch the waves of glorious, white hair when I remembered. I didn't have long hair anymore. I moved my hand to touch the top of my head, just to be certain, and sure enough, I only felt fuzz. I wasn't looking at myself, I finally realized. I jumped back as my heart raced. Why did this woman have my face? I felt my breathing quicken as I panicked.

"Calm down there pup. You're safe," the other woman advised, as a gentle hand brushed against my sweaty forehead.

Alpha. My brain realized a moment later when my body obeyed.

"Don't worry darling. No one here is going to hurt you. No one will ever hurt you again," the woman with my face promised.

"Rogue?" I whispered, terrified that I was about to hear about Cain's death.

"The mutt is alive," my twin murmured. "But you can't see him right now. He's in a coma."

"Pup?" I whispered, feeling weak with worry.

The woman hesitated, "We're working on that," she promised.

The bite on my neck began to burn and then my mind grew loud, filled with Frank's cruel taunts.

I could feel more anxiety begin to settle over me. I didn't have a mate. I didn't have Cain. I didn't have my Master. I might not have my pup and I didn't know who any of these people were. For all intents and purposes, I was alone but also... possibly... free. It was all too much to comprehend. I felt my heart flutter as my breathing spread up, making me dizzy.

"His blood pressure is rising. That's not good for the puppy," an invisible voice warned.

I jerked my head around again, searching for the speaker. This voice I knew. The other omega. I felt a burst of adrenaline beneath my skin and before I knew what was happening, I was sitting up, ready to jump out of bed.

"You!" I hissed angrily. I hated that the first person I truly recognized was the omega that, I felt, tried to steal my mate from me.

"Fae..." the alpha warned, trying to calm me with her scent but I was having none of it.

I heard a scream as I felt cold tingling all over my body. I watched as my flesh slowly transformed, turning my bruised skin into my matted, soiled fur. The shift was slower than usual and I could hear concerned cries as the shift pulled needles from my body, but didn't care. The moment I fully shifted, I sprang from the bed and leapt onto the omega, burying my teeth into his shoulder as I uselessly swatted my paws at his face. I'd forgotten that my claws had been removed and that only made me angrier. I needed to take out the competition! However, before I could do anymore damage, I felt the jab of a needle on my hindquarters and then everything became blurry as my eyes lids drifted closed once more.

*******

*Two Weeks Later*

Everything is bright, cold and sterile. White walls surround me, covered in charts, warnings and garish art. I can't remember how long I've been here; a few weeks maybe? My memory of how I got here has gone from hazy to nonexistent. One moment, I was watching my alpha get shot and then my Master arrested. The next, I'm here, laying in a hospital bed. I'm told ancient magic saved me but I almost wish it hadn't or, at the very least, it could have left me passed out. I hated being awake.

The first few days were the worst. I didn't know if my pup was dead or alive and I was surrounded by strangers who wouldn't give me direct answers. Worst of all, the bite Frank left me with had bonded me to him. He could hear my thoughts if I wished and I could hear his, even if I didn't want to. I didn't know where Master was but I could feel him at all times and for most of it, he would whisper horrible things into my thoughts. Things about how Cain would never be able to claim me now, if he even woke up, and that my pup was nothing but a runt and a bastard, deserving of death. It didn't help that I didn't know where Cain was and I didn't know if he was going to live. The only thing I did know was that my pup's only hope is for Cain to wake up and somehow fix what Frank did to me. The thing of it was... would Cain even want me now?

I could still recall the disdain he'd had for the fact that I'd been used. Yes, he'd come back for me but that was before. Now I was worse than used. I was claimed. I would smell like Frank, maybe forever. Would the alpha even want to touch me? I was mentally tied to Frank so I didn't see how Cain's wolf could allow that. My mate's bond was meant to dominate and own me, not the bond of someone else. I could see how Cain might hate me now and I knew I'd deserve it. I was a bad omega, a bad mate.

*******

Every day the news is the same. Cain still hasn't woken up and I'm not allowed to see him while he's healing. I try to not think about it as I stare at the gaudy art, ignoring everything else around me. It's the only way I've been able to keep my sanity. If I even try to think about my pup's fate or listen to Frank's thoughts, I begin to panic, my wolf wailing with the need to be taken care of, protected. Unfortunately for me, the alpha I need isn't here to soothe me. So, I look at the blinding art and pretend like nothing else exists. Everything else is pretty quiet, except for the footsteps. The healers don't think I notice but I'm always aware of when they come to check on me. However, they never come inside my room and, for that, I'm grateful. It's difficult to be around people and keep my mind together. I do still get visitors though.

At least once a day, a female alpha and omega visit me and they stay for at least two hours at a time. They've told me they're my moms. I was surprised to hear that I had two moms. When I was really little, I remember I used to cry all night about not having one and now I have two. I realize now that I had probably missed them but my brain was too young to tell me who I was missing. They are sort of familiar to me now, especially their scent, but I don't feel close to them. They also touch me a lot and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I always expect more than the gentle hugs and caresses they give me. I expect to hurt but their touch never causes me pain. I'm not sure if I like that or not either. Also, they cry a lot. They tell me how happy they are that I'm alive and it makes me want to scream: 'I'm not happy to be alive. What do I have to live for? My pup could die at any moment and I'm bonded to my abuser, permanently!' but I never said that to them.

For days after I woke up in the hospital, my mind was overtaken with all the memories and nightmares that Frank was having. My minds connection to the beta was strong. So strong, in fact, that he could not be punished for his crimes without it causing pain to me. He was currently locked away, awaiting his trial but nothing could move forward. If Frank was punished or killed it would hurt me because of our bond. Fucking great.

I pressed my fingernails against his bite, trying to scratch it from my skin as I always did. In fact, that was one of the reasons I was still in the hospital. It was dangerous for an omega to try and remove a bond mark themselves, especially by hand. Only an alpha could even think of having a chance at trying and it needed to be an alpha with an indisputably strong claim. I didn't have an alpha like that. Cain had been in a coma for a few weeks and left alone, connected to Frank, was enough to drive away any hope I had of him rescuing me, especially when he'd never wanted to be mated in the first place.

The alpha woman, I mean, my mother, says I have depression and she wants me to talk about it. I never do. I don't really care what I have. Honestly, I'd be happier if everyone would leave me alone completely. If only my head could be empty. Then, maybe, I could manage to fall asleep for forever but... that's not really a choice for now. They tell me I have to live for my pup... but I can't save it on my own and who knows how long their magic will last? Why should I even dare to hope?

*******

Cain's Pov:

"You know, we really need to stop meeting like this."

I blinked, peaking out through bleary eyes, to find Sophie sitting across from me. I blinked a few more times, attempting to clear my mental cobwebs, along with my blurry vision. I slowly took in my surroundings and realized that I was, once more, in the Lotus Pack hospital.

"What are you even doing here? Don't you have your own pack to bother?" I groaned, surprised she'd snuck into the hospital again after everything that had happened.

"I'm here on official business actually! I've been standing guard during the day time, ever since you got here. I've been waiting for you to wake up. King Maxwell offered the help of anyone Lotus Pack might need, in order to help repay the debt of Frank ruining their son's life."

"What happened to me?" I asked, feeling groggy.

"Frank shot you," Sophie stated. "Twice. Right after you survived holding your own against some of Shadow Packs best fighters. You lost a lot of blood so Max gave you a transfer of his own."

"Wait, wait, wait. My... b-brother gave me blood? Why? We don't even know eachother?"

"He was the only match available. I told you Cain, Max is a good King. He wouldn't let someone die if he could help it. Especially considering it was his own third in command that shot you. The King is very impressed with you, by the way, and sort of shy. He wants to get to know you more but no one knows what Lotus Pack will do with you. Plus, he's worried you'll hate him since he sorta gave you up to them. You know... he's always wanted a brother but you didn't hear this from me. I'm so happy you're finally awake. Honestly, we didn't think you'd make it but once the bullets were removed and you were given the transfer, your body shut down into a coma like state and began to heal itself."

"I healed myself?" I asked incredulously.

"Why are you so surprised? All the alpha's of a royal bloodline can. I'm pretty jealous, not gonna lie," she answered, gazing curiously at me.

"I've never been able to do that before," I answered, confused but grateful all the same.

"Well, I'm glad it happened this time. Look, I know you've been out of it for a few weeks-"

"A few weeks! I interrupted. "You didn't tell me I was asleep that long! What about Fae?" I asked, the feeling of panic settling in when I realized my little omega wasn't waiting for me. "Is he okay? Did he meet his moms? Does he," I cleared my throat to keep from choking up, "Is he... done with me?"

"Cain," Sophie gazed at me carefully, "I have some things to tell you and... I need you to keep your wolf calm while I do."

My wolf was instantly alarmed by Sophie's words and I moved to sit up, only just realizing that I was, once again, cuffed to the bed.

"Why am I chained here? And where the hell is Fae?!" I growled, ready to fight my way free so that I could find him.

"Frank," she started, looking troubled, "He wanted to keep the boy to himself and he was desperate... he bit Fae, very deep, in his scent gland."

"No," I whispered, in complete shock.

"Please keep your wolf calm," Sophie warned.

"But your saying-" I started, barely able to keep the anger out of my voice.

"Yes, Frank gave him a permanent bond mark."

"That fucking bastard!" I snarled, seeing red, as I tried to break free once more. "Where the fuck is he?! I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna rip his fucking head off-"

"Cain!" Sophie snapped, "Get your wolf under control!"

"That bastard stole my mate! Now my poor little omega will be connected to Frank's sadistic mind. He will feel him and long for him!" I growled. "Let me go! I'll make Frank pay and then I'll return! You have my word!"

"Frank is in custody and is to have a fair trial Cain. It was one of the King's only requests for complete cooperation with Lotus Pack. Besides, nothing can be done to him right now without hurting Fae. And... there's a chance the bite might be able to be reversed. Fae didn't reciprocate and it didn't happen naturally during a heat or rut, not to mention, the boy was always intended for you. Plus, with him getting pregnant and all, he's already partially mated to you in a way. His wolf has already grown attached to you and pregnancy makes the omega's wolf very loyal to whomever the other parent is. I know I said the placement and depth make the bite permanent but... there's still a small chance your bite could fix it... if you go about it properly. There's a war for dominance happening in his mind right now but your claim on the omega has the potential to be so much stronger than Frank's.

That got my wolf's attention. "I've never heard of someone being able to change a real mating bite," I hedged, not wanting to give in to false hope.

"Cain... you're an alpha. Not only that, before your father cast you out, you were in an arrangement with Fae. Even if neither of you knew about it. There's attachment magic in royal bonds, so that pack leaders can become strong rulers with a loyal mate at their side. You cannot overcome it without doing something twisted and evil to your mate. Though the magic is very ancient, it still holds some weight in this case. From the moment the arrangement was written on paper, your wolf formed a small tie to Fae's, despite never even meeting. Since he was already of age when you first saw him, had you been of clear mind, your wolf would have been able to claim him instantly. If anyone can change what Frank did, it's you."

"But... what about Fae? He was with Frank for a long time. I know the beta was cruel but with the bite and everything... does Fae want to be with Frank now?" I asked, half terrified of the answer.

"No," she replied, and I started to breath a sigh of relief, "But he's not doing well."

My sigh turned into a quiet growl as I began to fight against the cuffs again.

"Cain," Sophie sighed, looking exasperated with me. "You need to be calm and listen to me or the Queen will not let you see him. Her Luna is already against the idea but if you act out she might try to keep you two apart because she thinks that's protecting Fae and I don't want that to happen."

"What's it to you?" I growled, still struggling to break free.

"I'm engaged to an omega. If she were falling apart the way Fae has been, I'd leave my post and give her every second of my attention. I understand how badly he needs you right now. Please, keep your wolf calm."

My wolf stilled at her words, ready to do or be anything if that meant we could help our mate. "What's wrong with him?" I asked quietly, trying to show that I'd behave.

"Well, he was pregnant, I mean he is, sort of. With you in a coma, there was no way for you to be close to Fae in the way he needs you to be to help the pup grow. In addition, a lot happened to the boy and the pup wasn't doing well, it was nearly at death's door. The Lotus Queen destroyed some kind of artifact that housed the last of their ancestors magic, leaving it free to use as they pleased. They then used that magic to save Fae's life and put the pup in a sort a stasis. As a result, the pup is not getting any weaker but it's not growing either. They were trying to wait for you to wake up and decide if you wanted to try and save the pup or not. Unfortunately, the magic of the stasis is beginning to fade. One more week and it may have run out and there's no other magic to uphold it. The omega needs to bond with you soon if there's to be a real chance at saving the pup."

"Take me to him."

"In a moment," she answered. "I have to warn you though, the omega really isn't doing well. The boy hasn't been eating. He's barely slept and he hasn't spoken a word since he first woke up. The Queen and her Luna try to spend time with him every day but he won't engage. When he's awake, he simply stares at the wall and the few minutes he sleeps are filled with screams. They tried to put him in therapy but it's pointless for now and he won't take any medication.

"My poor little omega," I muttered, as I tried to control my wolf's anxiety. Our Fae was suffering. We needed to fix it.

A knock sounded on the outside of my hospital door before Ben walked in.

"Thank god your awake!" He said, looking relieved.

"What happened to you?" I asked, noticing the omega's bruised face and the bandage on his shoulder.

"Nothing to worry about," he replied, waving off my concern.

"Do you have the key?" Sophie asked.

"Yes. Did you get through everything?" He asked her.

"Just finished."

"Good. Cain," he said, turning to me, "No matter what happens you need to keep your wolf calm okay. No shifting or anything like that."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I asked, feeling annoyed. Of course I wouldn't do anything to make things worse for Fae!"

"Cain... anytime we mention you to Fae he gets... really scared... one time he even pissed himself. We don't know if he's scared of you or scared that you'll reject him because he won't talk about it. No one knows how he's going to react to you actually being there."

My wolf silently howled in pain at his words, wanting desperately to make things better for our omega. "I promise, I'll be calm no matter what." I assured them.

*******

Fae's Pov:

"Fae... darling, you have a visitor," one of my mothers said as she gently stroked her hand against my back. "Do you want to sit up so you can see him?"

Him?

She immediately had my attention and I rolled over in the bed, away from the wall I'd been staring at. I slowly sat up, ignoring the dizziness I felt at moving so quickly on an empty stomach. I nervously lifted my head and gazed toward the door and there he was, like a ghost. Cain. He looked completely gorgeous, despite his hospital gown and overgrown facial scruff. His grey eyes looked into mine, holding my gaze gently. I lightly pinched my arm to try and see if I was imagining things.

"He's really there darling," my mother whispered as she gently rubbed the sting from the place I'd pinched.

Cain was alive. Really alive. Oh my god! Cain was alive and awake and... here! Fuck...

I felt my eyes sting and blinked a few times to keep my tears at bay. I desperately tried to hide my scent as a knot formed in my stomach. I wanted to run to him and bathe and soothe myself in his scent but I held myself still. I wasn't good enough. I was tainted. I didn't deserve him. He'd come for me and I let myself get marked. I felt my wolf cower and barred my neck. However, I covered my scent gland with my hand, afraid of what the alpha would do when he saw the bite. I silently prayed to the moon goddess that he wouldn't just walk away.