Unbelievable Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, for coming," the man said, shaking John's hand.

"You're welcome," Johnny replied as he noted the strength in the man's hand.

"Please won't you have a seat, call me Jared by the way," he said, gesturing to the table. "I take it that's your family?" Jared nodded towards Katherine and Annie.

"Some of them," Johnny nodded as he walked towards the right side of the picnic table.

"Please I need to know what happened to my little girl," Jared pleaded once they both were seated. Taking John by surprise as he grasped John's hands.

"Please refrain from touching Johnny without warning," Katherine spoke in a motherly voice.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to trigger you if I did," Jared said, pulling his hands away. "I only want to know the truth about what happen to my baby."

"What I have to say isn't going to be easy to hear, and it's not going to be easy to tell," Johnny said, bowing his head.

"I understand," Jared said, bracing himself for the worst.

"I'm sorry..."

"What?" Jared was taken aback at the words John spoke.

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough, wasn't strong enough to save her," Johnny said, a single tear hung suspended on a single eyelash. Noting how Jared reached out only to pull his hand back.

"I don't blame you, I just want the truth," Jared said, speaking softly, trying not to upset the boy.

"Every night they would rape her and all the other girls that were in there along with me," Johnny said, weakly. "They would torture us daily..."

"Oh my god!" Jared gasped in horror. For four years he has tried to get the truth about what happened at that place. Four years that his ex-wife kept him at arm's length when he went digging into his daughter's death. He knew she had come into a lot of money, more money than her new husband pulled in. Surging from his seat, running his hand through his hair as he paced along the bench. His rage burned in his blood at the thought she knew all about what they had done to Julia. Then again, she never cared about their daughter. She never wanted Julia. She only fought for custody because she knew how much he loved his little girl and only kept her because she knew it would destroy him. Which it did, especially when the court gave his ex-wife full custody and a restraining order keeping him from his own child. So it wasn't until he read about her death in the paper that he learned that his ex-wife had placed Julia in that horror show.

"She was so strong, stronger than I can ever be," Johnny said, stilling Jared's movements. "I wouldn't have been able to survive in that place without her. I thought all of them were DEAD!" he hissed as he slammed his fist into the table's surface causing his mother and Annie to quickly get to their feet. Holding up his hand telling them it was alright.

"What do you mean?" Jared asked, sitting back down.

"I can't say when it happened, I cannot say since the days pretty much ran on given the... things they did to me. So my sense of time was thrown off. I know it was a year after Julia's death. Given how I would always find myself in the courtyard where I found her," Johnny said, his lip trembling.

"Where you there when it happened?" Jared asked, seeing the sorrow in John's eyes as he nodded.

"She was my only friend and I couldn't save her!" Johnny began to weep into his hands.

"I know my daughter, if she befriended you..." Jared's voice began to break, "it means she must have saw something in you worth protecting," he said, lightly placing a hand on John's shoulder.

"I don't know what, I'm so fucked up that I don't even know myself," Johnny said, between sods.

"Johnny, can I call you Johnny?" Jared asked, seeing him nod. "What did you mean you thought they were all dead?"

"Someone, I can't remember who got out, I tried to tell..." His eyes cut towards his mother, "yet no one believed me. So we suffered and suffered in silence alone, with no one to save us, until that day. The police finally raided the place those men," his nails scraped down the wood, "thought going out by death by cop was better than going to prison for their crimes against us. That was what I thought until a few days ago when the news reported that the man that raped me and many others was up for parole."

"Was he one of the ones that did that to my little girl?" Jared asked, keeping his anger in check as John nodded. His lips were set hard knowing that man wasn't going to last a day if he ever got out. He didn't care if he was sent to prison, the day he learned of his daughter's death his life was over.

"But I'm going to make sure he's never going to get out?!" Johnny stated with the fires of determination burning within the depths of his green eyes. "It's the least I can do for all that Julia did for me." Looking down as Jared took his hands into his.

"You won't be alone, this I swear to you," Jared said, matching John's determination.

For two hours John recounted every horror, every ounce of pain, every single thing they had to endure at their hands. Noting how Jared hung on every word John spoke without a word said. Yet John could see the rage, the same rage he always saw in the mirror.

"Thank you again for coming, I know this must have been hard for you. If you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to email me, okay?" Jared stated in a friendly manner as he shook John's hand. "Can I hug you?"

"O-okay," Johnny stammered. Huffing as the man wrapped him in a bear hug.

"Thank you, for telling me the truth and for being there for my little Julia. Don't you ever think you weren't strong enough. You survived. You held onto her memory. That is strength, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise," Jared whispered into John's ear. "Take care of yourself Johnny, I know Julia wouldn't want anything to happen to you," he said, gently patting John's back. "Ma'am," Jared nodded to Katherine and Annie as he made his way back to the parking lot. He knew where he was going to go, and God help him if he didn't find himself in prison if his ex-wife lied to him.

"Johnny are you okay?" Katherine asked, as she and Annie approached her son.

"I... don't know," John said, unsure of what to feel.

"It's okay Johnny," Annie said, rubbing his back as she stood beside him. "That was a good thing you did for him. I'm sure he appreciated it."

"How about we stop for milkshakes?" Katherine asked, her hand lightly running down John's right arm. "I know this new place that opened up just a few months ago. I think you'll like it," she said, with a warm smile.

"Please Johnny, can we?" Annie asked, snuggling up to John's left side. "It's been some time since we've had a milkshake together," she said, in a loving voice.

"I hear it has some excellent burgers and fries," Katherine said, as her hand slipped into his.

Looking down at his stomach as it rumbled. Knowing that a milkshake and a burger kind of sounded nice. "Sure," Johnny agreed. Looking over at Annie as she hummed happily as they walked back to their mother's car.

"What?! This is kind of like a date, and I get have it with you," Annie said, blushing as she felt her brother's eyes on her.

"Mmm, a date with my handsome son, sounds so lovely," Katherine sighed as her arm brushed against John's. "Just think of it Johnny two women who love you wholeheartedly sharing a shake and a meal, doesn't that sound... romantic?" she whispered softly into his ear. "It's okay, there's no shame in being nervous about your very first date. After all you have a lot of catching up to do," Katherine cooed as they neared her car.

The red neon sign for Billy Bob's Dairyland burned brightly in the afternoon air. The red roof glinted as the sun struck it. Diamond plate stainless steel siding wrapped around the bottom half of the front of the diner while, clear, clean bubble glass allowed the light to flood into the public space. John arched an eyebrow as he peered through the gap between the front seats as his mother pulled to a stop in front of the '50s style restaurant.

"Come on, let's go eat," Annie said, as she held out her hand to him once they exited the car. Feeling so content as his fingers interweaved with hers. The heat of his palm soaking into hers just the way it was meant to be.

"Sit anywhere you like hon!" the waitress said, popping her gum as she walked by as they entered. The jukebox played in the back ground as her chignon hair style bounced as she carried her tray towards her section.

"Over there Johnny," Katherine said, pointing to the open booth near the jukebox. Watching how John slid into the seat closest to the side window. Then her eyes flickered over to Annie as she sashayed over to the jukebox. Noting how her daughter's eyes were moving over the selections as she flipped through the song titles as she slid in across from John. "Look at this Johnny," Katherine said, with a little lift in her voice as she rested her hand on the table top small jukebox that sat at the end of the table. "Isn't this neat?!" she asked, as she flipped through the same collection that was stored on the larger version as she flipped through the songs. "Honey?"

"Hmm?" Johnny hummed he looked around.

"Do you think you could dance like Elvis?" Katherine inquired, with a lubricous smile.

"Maybe, why?" Johnny asked, as his mother pulled out her phone from her purse.

"Why don't you have a look," Katherine said, pulling up videos on YouTube the songs 'Hound dog' and 'Blue suede shoes'. A loving light was in her blue eyes as John watched the videos on mute as her chin rested on the heel of her hand. Her eyes flickered over to her daughter as Annie pulled a dollar bill from her pocket. Listening to the coins clicking into the metal tray once Annie exchange the dollar bill. Arching an eyebrow as Peggy Lee's 'Johnny Guitar' came over the speakers.

"Play the guitar, play it again, my Johnny." Annie began to sway in front of the jukebox. "Maybe your cold, but you're so warm inside. I was always fool for my Johnny, for the one they call Johnny Guitar," Annie sang, her raven hair brushed along her back as she peered over at John. Noting how her brother was looking at her oddly. "What if you go, what if you stayed? I love you. What if you're cruel, you can be kind, I know. There was never a man like my Johnny," Annie sang along, her voice was light as the tips of her fingers ran along John's jaw. Her lips were inches away from his. Hoping John could see the love she had for him in her eyes as she stared into his. Slipping in beside her mother, smiling at John as she got comfortable in the seat. Puckering her lips at John's look that was a mix of curiosity and confusion.

"Now how about you show us those Elvis moves," Katherine said, inserting coins into the mini jukebox, the pads of the fingers moved over the buttons before selecting 'Blue suede shoes'.

"Really?!"

"Mmmhmm," Katherine and Annie nodded vehemently. Their clapping filled the restaurant as John sighed before sliding out of the booth. By the time John sat back down the restaurant was in joyous cheer.

"Well, no one's done that before," said the waitress as she stood at the end of the table. "Sorry for the wait, although the entertainment was worth it," she said, shooting John a friendly smile. "Now what can I get you?"

"I'll have the chuckwagon with onion rings, a coke, and a strawberry shake," Katherine stated laying down her menu.

"I'll have the chicken sandwich, no mayo, fries, diet coke, and a chocolate milkshake," Annie said, handing hers and her mother's menus to the waitress.

"And what will you have?" she asked, watching the boy going over the menu.

"Let me get the steak burger no onions -- Tots?! -- I like tater tots," Johnny said, feeling his mouth water. "What's an ice cream soda?" he asked, looking up at the woman.

"Oh?! You've never had one?" the waitress asked, in a chipper tone.

"No... kind of been away for a while," Johnny said, ominously.

"You see that fountain over there?" she said, pointing over her shoulder seeing John nod. "Well, it's an old timey way to have a soda. We use syrup, soda water, half-and-half, and vanilla ice cream, the flavors are on the back," she said, her pen tapped the back of the menu.

"I'll have the Pepsi float," Johnny said, with excited eyes. Wondering if it tasted as good as it sounded.

"I'll make it special just for you," she said, winking at John before heading to put in their order.

"My Johnny, I didn't know you had the way with the ladies," Annie teased as she leaned back in her seat. Smirking at John as he jumped slightly in his seat as her foot lightly ran up the inside of John's right leg.

"Mmm, to think that my baby boy has such a way with women," Katherine sighed as she batted her blue eyes at her son. The corners of her lips began to raise as she noted how red John's face was getting.

"Here ya go hon, I hope you enjoy it," the waitress said, placing John's Pepsi float in front of him. "If you three need anything just holler," she said, flashing them a friendly smile before going to wait on the rest of her tables.

"Johnny you going to eat that cherry?" Annie asked, in a sultry tone. Leaning forward, plucking the cherry from the top of the whip cream that sat on top of the float when John shrugged. Making him watch as she dragged the cherry through the topping before bringing it her lips. Her tongue curled out, letting her brother watch as she slowly and ever so sensuously brought her lips around that plump ripe fruit.

"Behave Annie," Katherine whispered into her daughter's ear. Only wishing that she had thought of it first. "Is it good honey?" she asked, as John began to dig in as the ice cream began to melt. "Good, I'm glad you like it," Katherine said as John nodded, reaching across the table lightly patting John's left forearm. "If you want another one just ask."

"I didn't think that place would be that good," Annie sighed as she rubbed her full stomach once they had their fill.

"Maybe we'll come again," Katherine said, peering at her son wondering if he would want to.

"Sure, they have tots and those floats," Johnny said, bringing his hand up as he burped. Smacking his lips as the lingering taste of vanilla hung in his mouth.

"Let's go home Johnny," Annie said, slipping her hand into his.

******

"Hey! You're back," Brandan said, as his wife and daughter walked through the front door. Hearing Ruth and her friends talking in the living room as they went over the wedding details. "How did it go...?" His voice stilling as John appeared behind them.

"Come, I'll tell you," Katherine said, taking her husband's hand as she led him into the kitchen. "Johnny, why don't you..." Watching John walk towards the rear door.

"Hey Ruth, isn't that the crazy...?"

"Hush! Don't call Johnny that," Ruth hissed low as she noted John peering into living room.

"But weren't you the one that..." Liana's voice was muffled as Ruth's hand quickly covered her mouth.

"Johnny don't let them..." Bill began say as he saw the insane light playing across his brother's eyes. Watching how his eyes were darting from the scissors that lay on the table then to Liana. Feeling a cold chill creeping up his spine as one of the creepiest smiles he had ever seen spread across his brother's lips. "Johnny," Bill said, his voice carried the hints of worry as he rose from his seat. If he had to equate the look to anything it sort of reminded him of what Norman Bates, played by Robert Bloch, looked like in that old '59 movie.

"What? They want to see crazy, let them come live in my world. Then they'll know what true horror is, until then they're just airheads who don't know a thing about what crazy is," Johnny said, in a dark, insidious tone. Looking over at his sister as she whispered in his ear. "Fine J... Annie, I won't creep out Ruth's friends," he stated rolling his eyes. "Bye, bye," Johnny said maniacally, smirking as he walked towards the back door. He always loved the look on normal people's faces when he let some of his insanity to the surface. Thinking they knew what crazy was when they themselves never once dealt with it.

"Now what do you think of this color scheme," Ruth said, bring their attention back to the matter at hand.

Scratching his head as Annie shot Liana and Brylee a hatful glare before heading off to her room. Turning back to Ruth as she drew his attention.

"You sure you want him coming?" Brylee asked, her eyes glancing to Bill as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Of course, Johnny is coming. He's going to be my brother-in-law after all," Ruth said, sitting straighter in her seat.

"He's just... creepy," Liana said, shivering at the look he had given them. "Shouldn't he be you know in one of those places?" she asked, to which Brylee nodded along.

"He was," Bill said, darkly.

"You remember when the news was going on about Raven Dale Sanitarium?" Ruth asked her friends, as she held up examples for invitations wondering which one that Bill would like as she showed them to him.

"I think so, why?" Liana asked, as she flipped through the bridal magazine.

"Johnny was there for two years," Bill said, as he pointed at the one he thought would look best.

"You're kidding, right?" Brylee asked, suspiciously. She had heard all about Raven Dale, who hadn't? It was the talk of the town for years, she even had went there on a dare with her friends before she started college.

"Sadly, he isn't, Bill you know Johnny wouldn't like people he doesn't know or trust knowing about that," Katherine said, walking into the room after informing her husband of what transpired at the park they were at. "So how's it going with the wedding prep?" she asked, her arms rested on the back of the love seat Bill and Ruth were sitting on. Her blue eyes running down the samples in Ruth's hand. "I like that one," Katherine said, reaching out, her nail tapping the one that caught her eye.

"That one is a tad expensive for the number of guests we want to invite while saving enough for our honeymoon," Bill said, smiling sweetly at Ruth.

"Pish-posh," waving off the statement, "your father and I will pay for the honeymoon it'll be our wedding gift to the two of you," Katherine said, smiling at the two of them. It was going to be a secret until it would be revealed a few months before the wedding took place at Ruth's bridal shower. Yet she didn't see the need to hide it from them any longer. "You two just focus on the wedding that you want to have, okay?" Katherine was taken by surprise as Ruth abruptly threw her arms around her neck.

"Oh thank you!" Ruth said excitedly, into Katherine's ear. "I'll show you and Brandan my gratitude later," she purred low into her future mother-in-law's ear.

"Just not somewhere that cost $1500 a night, mmmkay?"

"Sure Mom, we'll keep it within budget," Bill nodded.

"Now I'm going to go lay down for a bit, and no more talk about Raven Dale without Johnny's say so," Katherine commanded in a motherly tone as she bopped her son's nose. Something she hasn't done since he was five.

"Okay... what's so wrong about talking about that place?" Liana asked, not knowing what truly went on behind those walls.

"Because you wouldn't understand, they don't," Johnny said, startling the five of them as he pointed at Bill, Ruth, and his mother. "So why would you?" he asked, with a pointed look.

"Johnny come help me out in the yard for a minute," Brandan said, standing at the back door trying to defuse the situation.

"Is that you Lieutenant Dan?" Johnny asked, doing his best Forest Gump impression. "My you got some shiny legs?!" he said, his smile touching ear to ear as he approached his father who was shaking his head at the display knowing that Johnny was only messing with them.

"What's got you in a good mood?" Brandan's voice could be heard through the closing of the door. "Oh? Did you now?" His voice trailed off as the latch clicked into place.