Victoria & Alex Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

< Hi, mum. See photo from this morning. First one is with Vicky. The second is with Vicky's friend Sarah. We had breakfast on a cafe barge on the Grand Canal. Third photo is now, dinner at a Zizzi's. Vicky, Sarah, and two friends, Lilly and Elaine. I'll tell you all when I get home. >

"There you go. I've sent the three photos to mum."

"She'll appreciate it. I don't want to be the big bad girlfriend taking her son from her if we meet when I come to Bristol."

As soon as Vicky finished, Alex's phone buzzed on the table. Puzzled, he picked it up and checked it.

< Cheers Alex. Vicky's pretty. It's a lovely photo of you both. It looks as if you're having a lovely time. Thanks, see you soon. Love mum xx >

Alex felt a warm glow inside. The one person who he needed understanding from, was supportive and she liked Vicky.

"Mum says thanks... And she thinks you're pretty," Alex told Vicky.

"Naturally, she has good taste. See, I told you. Your mum's always been lovely."

Vicky felt a pang of jealousy. Even back when she was Mike, Alex's mum had been lovely to her. Yes, her mum had been supportive, but with a twist, and lately, that twist seemed to be getting the better of her, until earlier today. Maybe this is the turning point and she will become more like Alex's mum.

Their waiter appeared with a handheld device to prompt for desserts. Much to Alex's amusement, the girls repeated a round of who liked what and who ate what last time. He only had to glance at the choices to choose the tiramisu.

Once again, it took several rounds of order revisions, with various coffees, teas or drinks thrown in before they settled the order. Vicky caught Alex checking his watch, but seeing him smile.

"It's okay, we've got a little time left."

Which set off a round of apologetic "Aws'," and "Ahs'," as everyone realised the weekend was ending for the couple, for them to then realise they had just highlighted it. Causing them to change the subject to a fresh round of excitement based on some purchases Lilly and Elaine had made on Saturday.

Alex sat back, enjoying the renewed chitter-chatter, drinking in the atmosphere of a cheerful, supportive, mishmash group of friends, surrounded by tables of families and couples, none the wiser of the group's uniqueness. Having never experienced anything similar, he realised the group was as closest to the sitcom 'Friends' he'd ever gotten.

Vicky, being close to O.C.D. with tidiness and cleanliness, was his Monica, which suited him, as he preferred Courteney Cox. Sarah was definitely Rachael, although she had yet to meet her Brad Pitt. That left Lilly and Elaine, which was easy, as they had to be Ross's ex-wife Carol and her wife Susan.

Alex then pondered on himself and realised this was where his comparison fell apart. He couldn't be Ross. Did this make him Chandler Bing or Joey? He ran through a few favourite scenes in his head and decided he'd choose a bit of both, Joey Bing!

Desserts arrived, or really one tiramisu, one chocolate brownie and five coffees. Before either Alex or Lilly could blink, Vicky had sampled the tiramisu and Elaine the brownie and whilst Alex and Lilly laughed, protesting, Sarah swept in to sample both.

Alex felt that not having had to pay for Saturday night's dinner, whilst bearing in mind he never went out to eat, with him living at home, and having enjoyed everyone's company over dinner, he could afford to repay everyone for their kindness.

He quietly excused himself from the table, to go to the Gents, but went to ask the Maitre d' for the bill. He paid for the group and returned to his seat.

It was quite a while after staff cleared the coffee cups and dessert plates, before any of the group suggested asking for the bill, which brought forth the discussion on how they were going to split it.

"That's okay, ladies, lunch is on me. I wanted to thank you all for your hospitality and kind words. Not just towards me but to Vicky as well."

The table erupted in a round of embarrassed, mutual thanks.

"Oh, Alex, there was no need. But we need to get going, as we have to walk back yet." Vicky got up and started slipping on her coat.

The friends all got up, pulling their coats and jackets on, to walk out together. Once outside, Lilly and Elaine went around the others, in turn for a goodbye hug and kiss. Alex blushed at his turn for double light cosmopolitan cheek kisses and hugs from the pretty pair, who again thanked him for paying for lunch.

"I'll save mine for later, as we'll walk back part of the way together, okay hun?" Sarah confirmed as she gripped Vicky's hand. Lilly and Elaine made their last goodbyes to make their way towards their Paddington apartment. Vicky, flanked by Sarah and Alex, walked back along the Grand Canal towpath.

Their chatter was subdued and not as carefree as earlier. All three felt a cloud following them as the weekend's closure drew nearer. They reached the street for Alex and Vicky to break away from the towpath and the three stopped for a nervous moment, until Sarah flew at Vicky to give her a big hug.

"Thanks, it's been lovely as always. So pleased with your news. Love you loads, talk later?" They held each other tightly and kissed, initially on the cheeks, then a final parting one on the lips.

"Yea, honey. Glad we met up, it's been lovely, thanks. Big day tomorrow so will call you later."

Alex stood, nervous and unsure of what was in store for him, as Sarah diverted to him, pulling him into a polite hug.

"Thanks, you big tall dark stranger, for looking after my girl. I approve... But I'm still jealous. Have fun over the next few weekends. I'll miss you both and hope to see you soon."

Alex received the same cheek-to-cheek kisses, but then Sarah poised as if she were going to French kiss him. She held him in a strong, tight grip that belied her size... Then at the last possible second pursed his lips to give him a Marilyn Monroe style kiss on the lips, giggling at his discomfort.

"Don't worry, I don't bite!" She giggled, glancing at Vicky, "Look after her, she's still fragile."

"I will thanks."

Sarah released Alex, returning to give Vicky one last hug and then hurried off down the towpath. Alex slipped his arm around Vicky's waist and they walked back towards Vicky's apartment.

"Thanks for buying lunch, which was lovely. Elaine was gushing when we went to the 'Ladies'. Saying how glad everyone was on Friday to see the change in me, and how handsome you looked."

"Lilly said similar when you left. It seems you've chosen well, little Padawan."

"Oh god, not Star Trek?"

"Star Wars."

"Whatever." Vicky laughed and gave Alex another playful punch.

"Ow... I wanted to buy lunch. It seemed a fitting finale to the weekend. As I had promised you a meal Saturday night but Jennifer and Graham stole that opportunity from me."

"You've enjoyed your weekend, though?"

"Of course I have. I wouldn't have missed it for the world." Alex squeezed Vicky to him as they walked the last of their way to enter the building.

Once back in her apartment, Alex searched around, checking he had everything in his bag that he needed to take home and had left everything he needed to leave to satisfy Vicky's fears. Once he was sure he had everything, he caught up with her in the kitchen, sorting out the dishwasher. He pulled her round to face him and held her in close.

"I have to go, I'm sorry." He gave her a kiss.

"I know... I've been dreading this all weekend." She kissed him back.

"Me too. I've enjoyed this weekend, have you?"

Vicky nodded, her lips sealed tight, so she couldn't cry.

"Did it go as planned, or did I fail?"

"No." She pulled him into a passionate kiss. "It's gone far better than I could have ever imagined. It's been lovely..." She kissed him again. "I love you, you know?" and kissed him again.

"I know... It's the best thing ever... I love you too Vicky."

They both pulled each other into one final passionate kiss.

"Do you want me to come with you to see you off at Paddington?"

"No, it's okay, you're home now. I'll be okay." Alex pulled himself away, feeling her magnetic pull, trying to suck him back into another embrace.

"Text me," Vicky whispered, her eyes tearing up.

"I will lovely. Friday will come soon enough and I'll be walking back through that door." Alex stepped back to clip on his big hoody fleece and loop his arms through his bag's handles, pulling it onto his back.

"I hope so... Go before I cry... No, stay with me."

"I can't, honest Vicks, I'd love to but next week will come soon enough." Alex stepped back towards the door, not wanting to prolong the pain, but neither wanting to leave.

"Go... Go..." Vicky waved for him to leave.

Alex turned and slipped through the door, pulling it closed behind him, walking towards the lift with a touch of melancholy about him, knowing he had to go.

Pressing the down button on the lift, he heard Vicky squeal behind him. "I love you Alex Fisher and always will." He looked down the hallway to see Vicky stood in the hall, wiping a tear from her face.

"I love you too, Vicky Parks." He blew her a kiss as he stepped into the lift with his eyes tearing up.

Vicky watched him disappear into the lift and drifted back into her apartment. Before she started anything else, she needed to do something to reassure her. It had been a wonderful weekend, beyond her wildest dreams, with the man of her dreams.

She knew he had to go. They both had careers but it will take a while to get used to the cadence of having Alex only at weekends.

She walked to her bathroom and checked that his new toothbrush was still there, in the mug alongside hers. Then in her bedroom, she checked the wardrobe, seeing his new coat, spare jeans, shirts all hanging there and spare boxers on the shelf, knowing that more was in the laundry bags with his shirts.

She sat on her side of the bed and opened the top drawer of her bedside table, pulling out the photo frame that was hidden upside-down in her smalls. She returned it to pride of place on the top, next to her pillow. The photo showing the two of them sat on marble steps in St Mark's square in Venice on that school trip, as a loving couple with her arm unnoticed behind him.

Tomorrow over lunch, she'll pop to the local supermarket that has a photo print machine and get a hard copy of the two of them at breakfast. They may even have a suitable frame. She scanned through the photos on her phone that Sarah had sent her.

She wasn't sure how long she had sat there staring at the images of Alex on her phone, but this wasn't getting the cleaning done or preparing for work tomorrow. She got up and started running through some chores in her mind, heading for the cleaning cupboard.

Alex, meanwhile, was hunting the train carriage for a spare pair of seats. The underground wasn't busy, but now in Paddington on the Bristol bound train, it was busy with weekend trippers returning home.

He found a vacant pair of seats, propped his bag on the window, puffing it to a pillow, and squeezed into the little remaining space to snuggle his body into it. His mind ran through all the events of the weekend, many causing him to stiffen and harden in his jeans and many causing his heart to flutter. He was asleep before the train even pulled out of Paddington.

An hour later the train shuddered, and shook him awake as it pulled out of Swindon. After glancing around to see the chair next to him still vacant and the train emptier, he lifted the armrest, stretched out, adjusting to a more comfortable position and tried to sleep again.

After several failed attempts, he gave up and sat up. Pulling his phone out of his pocket and noticed a text from Vicky.

< Hi honey. Missing you already xx. I had a lovely weekend and hope you did too. I can't wait until Friday. V xx > She finished her text with a heart emoji.

He scrolled back to the photos from earlier in the day, and pondered back, lingering on the photo of him and Vicky. Realising that she'd be waiting for a reply, he quickly text her.

< Hi, sexy. Sorry I've been asleep. You've worn me out xx. I had the best weekend... EVER. Friday won't come soon enough. Love A xx >

He returned his phone to his pocket, led back on his bag pillow and without realising drifted back off to sleep. An hour later the lack of motion and the noise of people gathering bags as they left the carriage woke him.

Glancing through the window he recognised Bristol Temple Meads station and got up, pulling his bag onto his shoulders. He followed the other passengers out and made his way back to his car.

The smell of a roast beef dinner washed over him as he walked through the door back at home.

"Alex, is that you love?" His mum's voice called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, mum." He closed the door, dropped his bag and went to find his mum in the kitchen.

"Nice weekend?"

"Lovely mum, I'll tell you all about it later, first I need the loo, then a cuppa."

He gave his mum a hug and a peck on her cheek. She pulled back, a little taken back.

"A kiss for your mum? Either you've had a wonderful weekend or you've done something bad. Which one is it?" She laughed as she put the kettle on.

"A great weekend, mum," he said as he walked out of the Kitchen, to grab his bag and run upstairs. Throwing it onto his bed, he made his way to the loo.

Later back in the kitchen, with a mug of tea in hand, watching his mum hover of pots and pans of boiling veg. Leaning against the kitchen work top, he felt at home, but part of him wasn't there. Part of him was back in London, wondering what Vicky was doing.

"Penny for your thoughts, love?" His mum asked, guessing already what was up.

"Oh, nothing."

"Thanks for the photos. Vicky does look lovely, she's changed." His mum hinted at the unspoken elephant in the room.

"Yes, in some ways, the same personality... but not others. She's still the same Vicky that you knew, but happier."

"Tanya was interested when I told her you'd gone to London to see a girl."

"Awe, mum. You told her?"

"Yes, why not? She rang and asked about you."

"No she didn't mum. She never does, unless it's to find out something to taunt me with."

When Alex was born, his older sister, Tanya found that she had to share her parents with him and she made sure Alex paid for it. She could take sibling rivalry to another level, being an expert at finding any of Alex's buttons to push and she had a knack of blowing even the smallest issue to atomic proportions.

"She doesn't Alex, come on, you're both adults now."

"Yeah mum, she does, she's the worse sister, ever. You didn't tell her about Vicky did you?"

"Only that you went to London to see a girl you met."

"Good. If she knew about Vicky's history, I'd never hear the end of it and she'll gloat about it... You know she spread that rumour that Rich, Vicky and I were the `Three Gay Musketeers'... Worse than that she outed her friend at school."

"No, she didn't"

"Oh yes she did, the poor girl had to move schools and she circulated that photo of me naked in the bath, around school."

"That was years ago, she hasn't done anything like that for ages."

"Only because she left home and good riddens."

"You don't mean that."

"I do mum... Please don't tell her about Vicky?"

"No, I won't. It's not our business to say anything. It's up to you, if you want to tell your sister."

"When hell freezes over... Thank goodness Tanya won't be around when Vicky visits, as she'll have enough to contend with her mother and Rich."

Alex's mum realised throughout their conversation he had only spoken of Vicky and not once referred to her as Mike. She walked over to face Alex and placed an understanding hand on Alex's arm.

"We're glad you're happy, love, that's all we can ask and hope for. I've had a long chat with your dad, so don't worry about him."

Alex looked at his mum... Never having been comfortable with discussing emotional stuff with his parents, but knowing that this was the time for honesty.

"Mum, I know it's hard to understand. I wasn't too sure myself but I think I liked Vicky, like that... before."

He let that sink in as he nodded to confirm her questioning look.

"Yeah... In that way, but nothing ever happened. She's lovely mum... and now she's the woman she wanted to be... And I love her."

His mum now took his mug off him and placed it on the side to give him a big, motherly hug.

"We just want you to be happy and to be who you are. We always have done love. If this is what you want, then we're happy too."

As she pulled from him, her eyes had tears and she smiled at him to return to the cooker, busying herself by stirring the boiling vegetables. The moment said and gone.

"Love you, mum." Alex picked up his mug and drifted out to return to his bedroom to sort out his bag.

Later sat at the table over dinner with his mum and dad, the conversation was lighter as his mum told him their news. Alex, feeling more relaxed now, started telling them about his weekend.

Once he started, he couldn't stop, proving how much he had enjoyed it. He told them about Vicky's job and her promotion at the dinner party and the invite to go skiing.

His mum interjected, "Oh, her passport and the printouts are on the sideboard."

"Thanks. Sorry about that mix-up, Amanda can upset Vicky with her smothering attitude."

"She's changed. The few times we've had coffee, she only talked about Vicky, nothing about Rich or even herself. She's put Vicky on a very high pedestal. Do you hear from Rich anymore?"

"No, he's back home, here in Bristol now after he dropped out of uni. He's not commented on any Facebook posts nor made any. He won't talk to Vicky."

"But they used to be close?"

"Yeah, Vicky's upset about it."

"Amanda never said. She's changed as she used to gush about them both."

Alex continued to tell them about the weekend, ironing out the misunderstanding over jobs and the plans for the next weekend in Birmingham. Alex's dad was more concerned that Alex was getting an extra week skiing out of the season. Making the most of teasing Alex over the late-season slush fest they would encounter with Les Gets being low.

Once they had finished, Alex's mum cleared the table and was in the kitchen, leaving Alex alone with his dad.

"Glad you had a good time, son. Er... That dinner photo, so the four women all used to be men?"

"Dad... Mum said she spoke to you. Please don't say that when you meet Vicky. But no, Vicky and Sarah are trans-women but Lilly and Elaine are bi-women... Lesbians dad."

Alex's dad blushed and stammered back.

"Okay... Trans-women... Your mother did speak to me... At length... Sorry lad, I was expecting to have to sit here and tell you about the evil ways of women... But that's not applicable now."

"Dad... You really expect me to believe that you would ever tell me about the ways of women?" Alex joked, knowing his dad would never talk about anything emotional, let alone sexual.

"Well... No... But it's what dads are supposed to do, isn't it? Look, I don't need to know about the mechanics of it."

"Thanks, Dad, I am happy... Don't worry I wasn't going to talk about the mechanics of it."

"Good... Your mother and I are just happy that you are happy. If it's Vicky, that's making you happy then she's welcome here anytime, but it's up to you to tell your sister. That is one conversation I don't want to be a part of."

His dad got up and made his way to the kitchen, and Alex heard the kitchen door close as he went to the garage, denoting the conversation was over.

Alex returned to his bedroom to find his colour printer had finished printing the photo of him and Vicky taken that morning. He trimmed it and propped it up on his bedside table.