Victoria & Alex Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm going indoors, whatever."

She grinned as she turned away, paused, then returned to hug him.

"I have to admit, I have enjoyed it, although I would have preferred it warmer."

She kissed him again, but before he could take it further, she left to enter the house.

Alex busied himself by fetching some cloths' and wiping the bike over to remove any dust or dirt that had gotten onto it. He checked the chain and engine for oil leaks. He tried not to take too long over it before putting the bike back in the garage and pulling the cover back over it.

The kitchen was hot and humid, full of various aromas of greens and meats cooking, and his mother was in full swing as chef of the household.

"Hello love, had a pleasant ride?"

"Yeah, thanks. We called into a village pub for a coffee and warm up."

"Vicky said she enjoyed when I asked. She's gone up to change, but I've no room for you to hang around in here."

Alex scooted out of the kitchen before the wooden spoon she wielded came his way. He went upstairs to take off his leathers. As he passed the bathroom, he could hear a tap running, so he assumed Vicky was cleaning up.

As soon as he'd changed back into jeans and a T-shirt, he checked in on Vicky. With the door open and the spare bedroom empty, he went downstairs to find Vicky and his father talking in the lounge.

"Hi dad, Vicks."

"Son."

Vicky patted the seat by her, inviting Alex to sit with her on the sofa. As he joined her, he couldn't resist.

"I hope you confessed up to mum, as I may have let it slip that we met you at the village pub?"

Brian immediately jerked upright in his lounging chair, shaking his head to whisper, "You did what? Did you not remember what I asked?"

Alex burst out laughing as Vicky slapped his leg.

"Ha ha, got you!... No, don't worry, she's none the wiser."

He lowered his voice. "You had a good ride back then?"

"Don't do that! Not even in jest..."

Brian checked Sophie wasn't listening at the doorway, to confirm, "Yeah, we went back up the gorge, then over the Mendips, to drop back to Steve's. I've only been back an hour or so and she's had me working."

He nodded at the dining table pulled out at the other end of the long lounge, which was fully laid for dinner with wine and water glasses.

"I was half expecting you to be already back by the time I returned. You must have gone on a marathon ride?"

Vicky squeezed Alex's leg as she thought the same as he. Their visit to Amanda's gave them a perfect alibi for staying out longer that was expected. They did not need to exaggerate the length of their ride to cover for their hopefully unseen but not unheard display of exhibitionism.

"We came the long way back and called into see Amanda."

Brian's eyes widened, and his eyebrows rose in shock.

"Oh, so that's why you took so long!"

He looked sympathetically at Vicky, "Was everything okay?"

Vicky smiled, understanding his concern.

"Yes, thanks for asking. I think having a weekend of Sophie talking her around has beaten her into submission and she was quite amenable."

Brian laughed, then realised she wasn't joking.

"Oh, well, that's good."

Although he didn't look convinced.

Vicky giggled, "Oh, Brian. You and Sophie did a sterling job at keeping her busy last night, which I appreciate and am truly grateful."

Brian reacted by pretending to be innocent.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean!"

As the pair of them chuckled, the doorbell rang.

"Brian, can you answer that I'm busy?" Sophie shouted from the kitchen.

As Brian lifted himself out of his comfortable chair, he sighed and made his way to the front door, closing the lounge door behind him.

"You okay?" Alex asked Vicky.

"Yeah, all dry down there now and a clean, dry pair of knickers. Thankfully, your mum's leather jeans are fine and I'm all nice and warm again now. Thanks."

Halfway through Vicky's talking, they heard muffled voices out in the hallway. Whilst they couldn't recognise individual words, the tone and cadence of Brian's voice was joyful as he invited the visitors in. Vicky looked at Alex, who'd gone quiet.

His eyes focussed on the closed lounge door, trying to guess who had entered the house. As he glanced at Vicky, unsure of his guess but then a second voice rang out, higher and clearly a woman's but not Sophie's.

Alex turned white and swore. "Fuck... Tanya."

He slouched back into the sofa, his shoulders dropped, and he looked at Vicky with resigned helplessness.

They heard Sophie's muffled voice, then a heavily pregnant brunette, with her hair tied up into a bun, burst through the door.

"So my baby brother has a girlfriend?" She mocked, as her eyes searched out Vicky.

"Now, now Tanya, give the girl a chance," Brian chided from the hallway.

Tanya removed her coat. Her short stature accentuated the size of her bump that stretched her jumper that hid her elasticated pregnancy jeans. Sophie and a meek, tall, blond-haired man entered the lounge. Brian closed the outside door and joined them. Tanya tossed her coat for her husband to catch.

Sophie protested. "Tanya, you can't just turn up without warning. I'm about to serve dinner, but don't have enough for two more."

"Oh, pish posh mum, you always make loads. You told me you had both a turkey and a pork joint in the oven, so there'd be more than enough to share around. Anyway, Alex doesn't eat veg, do you, baby brother?"

Brian joined them to take the coats from the blonde man who mumbled apologetically at him, looking uncomfortable with the situation. Brian attempted to soften the blow to Sophie.

"It's okay, I can lay two more places at the table and we have enough chairs."

"That's not the point Bri'. Tanya, we spoke barely an hour ago, and you never said a thing. In fact, you claimed the pregnancy was wearing you out, and you were going to have a quiet day on the sofa, not a single suggestion that you were coming. Not that you aren't welcome, but it would have been nice to know beforehand."

"Oh mum, I shouldn't need to warn you when I visit. But after you told me all about my baby brother having his first real girlfriend stay, from London no less, I thought I'd join you in welcoming her into the family."

Everyone glanced at each other, puzzled.

"Er, Tanya, we're not getting married. We're just going out," Alex explained.

Tanya strode across the lounge, leaning backwards to over emphasise the huge bump she carried, waddling from side to side. Vicky stood up to meet her, holding out her hand to shake, but Tanya ignored it and gave her a light hug.

"There, there. Any woman daft enough to go out with my brother needs some comforting."

Brian barked, "Tanya, behave. She's a guest in our house."

"Oh dad, I'm only joking." She turned back to Vicky, who returned to her seat alongside Alex.

"You know that, don't you?"

Vicky didn't look convinced and held onto Alex's hand for support. Not entirely comfortable at the change of atmosphere of the room now. Alex had a dark cloud over him, having suffered his sister's taunts all his life.

"Now, Tanya, if you're going to stay, you can help me in the kitchen."

After Sophie led Tanya out, they could hear stern words being exchanged, despite two doors separating them from the lounge.

"Sit down Phil, or help with these chairs." Brian suggested to the stunned tall blond, still standing like a rabbit caught in headlights in the middle of the room.

Phil, after Brian breaking the spell that had him rooted to the spot, came over to shake hands with Vicky.

"Hi, I'm Phil. It's okay. Once she calms down and you get to know her, she's adorable."

"No, she's bloody not." Alex retorted.

Phil went over to the other end of the lounge to hover around Brian as he placed another chair at the table.

"No, that's fine. You sit down, I'm nearly done."

The heated conversation in the kitchen had died down to a murmur as Phil sat down, looking very self-conscious.

"So, have you had a good weekend out here in the sticks, Vicky?" He asked.

Vicky looked at Alex, "Yes. Although, I grew up here. My mum and brother still live here. With Alex and Brian fixing their cars, I could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak."

Alex followed up with a grunted, "Humph, so far."

Brian slid the last chair under the table and offered, "Drinks anyone, as dinner won't be long. Tea, coffee, beer, or we've some dry white and a cheeky red Vicky, if you prefer? Phil?"

"I'd better have a tea, if you don't mind, driving mother and baby-to-be, thanks."

"Okay, I'll put the kettle on. Vicky, Alex?"

Vicky glanced around, unsure, "Er, a glass of white wine would be nice, thanks, Brian."

"I'll have the same. One won't hurt, as I only have to drive Vicky to the station later and we'll be eating in between."

"That's okay Alex, I'll book a taxi."

"No, it's no trouble,"

He leaned in to her and whispered, "Plus it will get me away from terrible Tanya. I can hang out in the car until she's gone."

"Ah. Ok, thanks. That'll be lovely."

Vicky squeezed Alex's hand and rest her head on his shoulder, snuggling into his neck.

Vicky sat upright as they heard the kitchen door open and the clatter of plates.

Tanya's voice rang out, "Phil, come and make yourself useful."

As Phil jumped up and scurried off, Alex laughed as he cracked an imaginary whip with one hand and gave an accompanying cracking noise, "Whitchaa." Brian glared at him, but smiled and chuckled to himself as he shook his head before returning to a magazine he was reading.

They heard Tanya fire a host of directions to Phil from within the kitchen, before he emerged back in the room. He looked sheepish, carrying a tray full of dishes that brought the aromas of a mixture of cooked meat and veg with him. Alex could almost hear his stomach growl as he smelled his dinner.

"Sophie is going to slice the turkey and joint in the kitchen to be sure there is enough to go around, so she assumes you all want a bit of both?" Phil asked as he placed the hot covered dishes on mats in the centre of the table.

Everyone chorused their approval. Phil nodded and returned to the Kitchen to convey the news. They heard Tanya's muffled voice through the kitchen door. Soon after a clatter of china, he emerged with a large dish full of roast potatoes to join the other vegetables.

He announced, "Tanya said to take your seats as they're ready."

Vicky got up, grabbed Alex's hand to pull him up out of the sofa.

"I thought that breakfast filled me up, but after our ride today, I'm starving."

"I bet you wish you had a bite of cake after all!"

Alex laughed as he followed her to sit along one side of the table, leaving the short ends for either Sophie or Brian.

At first, their seating choice seemed a good idea, but as Phil sat opposite them, he realised that meant Tanya would be directly opposite Vicky. Echoes of his older sister's taunts ran through him and he tried to remain calm, but he knew he couldn't trust his sister to be as sympathetic as his mother.

One of Alex's hands patted Vicky's thigh under the table, half hidden by the tablecloth. His other gripped his chair, as if gravity was going to fail and he'd float off to bounce around the ceiling. For the first time in years, he ground his teeth together.

Phil politely asked Vicky about London, but Alex couldn't hear, as his mind ran through the worst of any scenarios his imagination could muster. Brian appeared with a mug of tea for Phil and an open bottle. He poured some out for Vicky, Alex, and then into a glass at the end of the table nearest the lounge door for Sophie.

Sophie entered carrying several plates, with meat layered on them.

"I shared the wings and legs between you boys. I hope you're okay with breast, Vicky?"

Alex sniggered, grinning at Vicky, biting his lip to stop him from returning with the obvious answer.

"Behave." His mother scolded with a dagger'd look, as she continued to place the plates in front of the chosen diners.

"More than happy, thanks." Vicky answered, giving Alex a playful thump on his shoulder.

Once empty handed, Sophie exited, to be greeted by Tanya's voice, but Sophie's scolding replied. Alex looked across to Phil, who avoided eye contact, focussing on stirring his tea. Tanya swept back into the room, carrying a gravy boat, closely followed by Sophie with the last of the meat laden plates.

"There's a little left over. If anyone wants seconds or a doggy bag to take with you, Vicky?. Either that or it will be in Brian's sandwiches on Monday!" Sophie declared as she took her seat at the end of the table.

Tanya sat opposite Vicky, placing the gravy boat down as they all picked through the dishes. Each selecting their preferred mix of vegetables and potatoes on offer. As Tanya pointed Phil towards her selection for him to gather for her. As he did, she turned her attention to Vicky.

"So, Vicky. Mum tells me that whilst Alex met you in London, you used to go to College together?"

Vicky visibly cringed, and Tanya ignored Sophie glaring at her. Vicky continued to pick at her plate, nodding but unable to look or answer her directly. Alex's ears pricked up, wondering where this was leading. Knowing Tanya, he knew it would be some bitter remark aimed at him he'd best be quick to reply before she dealt them a second.

"Hmm, I can't quite place you and I knew everybody at college, including the kindergarteners in his year group."

Alex frowned. No one else seemed to pay attention to Vicky's concerned glance back at him, as they passed various dished between themselves.

Before Vicky could follow up, Sophie lifted her glass.

"Cheers everyone."

Even Phil raised his mug in unison with the glasses of wine and Brian's beer. An echo of "cheers" rang around the table before they tucked into the dinners. Tanya toyed with her food, like a vulture biding her time. It didn't take long before she returned her attention to Alex.

"Mum also told me she let you sleep together in my room. I hope you've kept it tidy and not stretched my clothes playing dress up, Alex?"

Both Sophie and Vicky stifled splutters with full mouths. Before Alex could muster a reply, Sophie swallowed and spoke up. "Alex, kindly put everything you left up in the attic when we made the bed yesterday. Which reminds me, before Tanya leaves; Alex, you and Phil can get them all down for them to take home with her."

"Not that you'll ever fit back into any of them again!" Alex guffawed, nodding down at her bump.

"Hey, as soon as Ophelia is born, I'll be back to a size eight."

"Ha ha, you sure it's just the one? And you were never an eight." Alex howled with laughter, looking at his dad for support, as Vicky gave him a scolding slap. Alex knew Vicky wasn't too upset, as her targeted landing spot barely stung.

"Alex, behave." Sophie scolded, but then quickly followed up with a fierce glare at Tanya.

"And this is how you tell me the sex of our grandchild? Or hadn't you planned on telling us?"

"No, we were going to keep it quiet until we could announce it to both you and Phil's parents together. It just came out."

Tanya waved her knife across the table, "thanks Alex for ruining it."

"I never said a thing. It's your big mouth that's got you into trouble, as always!"

"Alex, shush. Tanya, how long have you known?"

"Only a few days, as we had an ultrasound appointment at the hospital on Friday."

Phil blushed, dying to say something, but waited for Tanya's approval.

Sophie's demeanour relaxed, softening her tone, "Aw, you never said." She reached towards Tanya, "the baby is okay? You've got a photograph, of course?"

Tanya shrank back in her chair, glancing at Phil, "Er, yes, our she's healthy... But no. We left in such a rush and not having a plan to tell anyone, it's back at home on the kitchen table."

Anger flashed across Sophie's face. After a harrumph of disgust, she returned to her dinner.

"I'm sorry, mum. We hadn't planned to bring it, as we wanted to inform both sets of parents together."

Sophie shrugged as she lifted a fork full of food to her mouth. With the tense atmosphere in the room, the table focussed on their meals for a while.

Vicky finished first.

"That was lovely Sophie. You cooked everything to perfection."

"Mmm," echoed Alex, "The chicken just falls off the bone."

Phil nodded and hummed his agreement.

Brian started a second round of scooping up vegetables from the dishes now littering the table. "She's right. You've outdone yourself, Soph. I don't know whether to go for seconds in the kitchen or have them in my sandwiches in the morning."

Vicky laughed, "You may have a fight on your hands if Alex gets there first!"

Brian waved a potato that was speared on his fork, laughing.

"Luckily, I get up and leave long before he's even thinking of waking up."

Vicky chuckled, her light lingering laugh that Alex adored, pleased that she felt more relaxed now, with Tanya's focus off her. Although she had other ideas.

"I still can't quite place you at College, Vicky. But your laugh seems familiar. Did you ever go out with Steve Broadwell?"

Vicky shook her head, but gave Alex another nervous glance.

"Ah, I know, you're..." Tanya sat back, her eyes narrowing, looking directly at Vicky.

"Your name is on the tip of my tongue... Ah, you used to hang out with Rebecca and Julie Walters?"

"I knew Julie and Becs, but didn't really hang out with them."

Tanya scratched her head, thinking hard. "I may have to ask for clues, as I just can't place you. Were you on the hockey team?"

"No."

"Oh, don't tell me you were a rugby groupie, hanging around Alex's sweaty boyfriends?" She laughed, but caught Vicky blushing and her eyes avoiding her gaze.

"Aha, so you were."

"Well, sort of."

Vicky felt the blood rush to her face and Alex noticed her cheeks blush, preparing to step in. Vicky tucked her hair behind her ear but left her hand half covering her mouth. Alex saw the line of partially hidden freckles now exposed flowing down her neck.

"Oh, of course, now I know... You've bleached your hair, that's why I can't recognise you."

"No, I had it dyed properly in a salon. I'd never use bleach."

Vicky scratched her chin, in an old habit that Alex knew she only did when she felt anxious.

"Whatever... But looking at your roots, what colour was it at college?"

Alex sucked air in, wondering how to deflect this line of questioning, but it was too late. Tanya's utensils clattered onto her plate, splashing gravy around the white tablecloth.

"Holy shit, now I recognise you!" She pointed across at Vicky, "You're Max, his fucking gay friend, with tits and makeup!"

"Tanya, you've gone too far. Shut it now." Brian bellowed from the end of the table, making Phil jump.

"No dad, you must be able to see him."

Her hand strayed to point at Alex, her voice raised an octave, almost screaming, "That means you're gay too!"

Her finger wavered as she pushed her chair backwards to put distance between her and Vicky. She then pointing towards the ceiling as she screamed, "But, you... You've shared my bed. Holy shit, you've had gay sex in my bed?"

Unnoticed by everyone else, Brian quietly rose out of his chair and calmly walked around to Tanya's chair. Vicky's face glowed cherry red and Alex's flushed as he shouted back, "Shut up, you miserable cow, you don't understand."

Before anyone realised, Brian grabbed Tanya by her arms and in one move lifted her up onto her legs.

"Dad, but dad... He's gay!"

She protested, waving her accusing finger at Alex.

"For once in your life, Tanya, shut the fuck up." Brian cursed, as he frog marched her, protesting, out of the room with her feet barely touching the floor.

Brian slammed the lounge door closed behind them, leaving everyone else to hear him shush his daughter. As her protests died, his muffled, low, angry voice chastise her in the hall.