Victoria & Alex Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Phil made a move to stand, mumbling, "Maybe I should go out..." But his unconfident look said otherwise as he glanced around the table for support.

Alex raised the palm of his hand to stop him.

"I wouldn't if I were you. I've not seen dad as angry as that in years and despite his grey, receding hair, he could still knock your block off."

"Ahh." Phil groaned, giving up and relaxed back into his chair.

Sophie's face glowed as much as Vicky's, but it was anger, not shame.

"Vicky, I am terribly, terribly sorry. I'd purposely avoided telling her you were here until this morning. So we could explain your being a trans woman properly to her the next time we met. Her opinion does not reflect the way Brian and I feel about you and your relationship with Alex. This is our house, and you're our guest. You always were and will remain welcome here."

Sophie reached across towards Vicky, meeting Vicky's hand halfway, and gave her a comforting squeeze.

"That's okay Sophie. You've always understood me and this weekend you've been marvellous. Way beyond my wildest dreams. But honestly, don't worry about it. I've had similar before and far worse, believe me."

A tear broke across Vicky's cheek and Sophie jumped up to pull Vicky up out of her chair and hug her.

"Oh, you wonderful thing you. At this moment, I'd happily disown Tanya and adopt you. If it didn't create some incestuous complication between you two."

Sophie gave a nervous smile as she hugged Vicky tighter.

Vicky burst a giggle out that was half sob and half relief. They continued hugging, with Sophie giving Vicky motherly pats on the back.

As they separated to sit back down, Phil smiled.

"I'm sorry Vicky. Tan can be so bigoted. My cousin came out as a lesbian last yea and, whilst I fully understand, Tanya doesn't. Nor does she want or have empathy for anyone else's opinion."

Vicky sniffled a "Thankyou," to Phil.

Alex giggled and nodded at the closed door, "I think she's finally listening to dad's opinion, for once."

After a few stunted protests from Tanya, Brian's voice raised, allowing the lounge to hear parts of his scolding...

"And what about that Summer or Winter or whatever season he wanted to be called by? The one that claimed to be a new age romantic or something, wearing skirts and cloaks that, he argued, were kilts. Yet I've never seen a Scotsman wearing pink tartan or flower prints?"

"Just be more sympathetic, my girl..."

Sophie spoke up as Brian's voice calmed. "I'd suggest putting the kettle on or getting pudding, but I don't want to interrupt Brian. Would you like another glass, Vicky?"

Vicky nodded and raised her near empty glass to Sophie as she reached across with the bottle.

"Brian rarely loses his rag but when he does... It's what attracted me too him."

Brian's muffled, deep voice rose once more.

"Don't give me that girl. All those men you snuck upstairs and ran around with. Finally, you found someone who is decent and will stick with you, but you treat him like dirt. Change your ways, woman, or he'll leave you as well."

A few weak protests echoed from Tanya for Brian to chime back in. Quietly at first, but after a whimper from his daughter, Brian upped the temp once more.

"Look, Alex knows about all your little misdemeanours and never throws that in your face..."

Tanya made a poor defence, which brought Brian back with fervor.

"Well, for a start, there was that time we bailed you out of the police station at three O'clock in the morning... And then there was Brighton. I bet you want that forgotten? Ha, I thought so. So don't go throwing stones when you live in a greenhouse, my girl."

The voices in the hall calmed to mumbles of apology and contrite acceptance.

Sophie pulled a face.

"Oh, dear. Maybe he's going a little too far this time?"

She looked at Phil, who gave her a weak smile back.

Alex told Phil, "It would help if you grew some balls and stood up to her."

"Ah, that's not fair. You don't know her like I do."

Alex laughed, "Oh, I think we do."

The door opening halfway diverted their attention, and Brian finished in his more usual calm manner.

"Now, you can sit there on the naughty step as long as you like, but don't you dare return until you are prepared to apologise and behave like an adult?"

As Brian emerged into the lounge, they could hear Tanya's weak and tearful voice answer, "Sorry, dad."

Brian closed the door behind him.

"Sorry about that folks... Vicky, I don't know if I can apologise enough. She doesn't speak for Sophie or me. You're as accepted here as you ever were."

"Thanks Brian. Don't worry, your and Sophie's actions this weekend speak greater volumes than any apology. I've always felt welcome here and I'm ecstatic that it's not changed."

Alex grasped Vicky's hand and gave it a squeeze.

Brian calmly sat back down and finished his dinner. Phil looked at Alex and then glanced at the closed door to the hallway. Alex shook his head, wanting his sister to soak in her misery for a little longer. Phil raised his eyebrows and smiled, tilting his head, as if agreeing with Alex, who chuckled.

Sophie sat sipping at her wine, still looking concerned. She saw Vicky glance at her and tipped her glass at her in salute. She nodded at Brian, calmly resuming scoffing at his food, shaking her head and rolling her eyes, causing Vicky to chuckle. Alex finished and placed his utensils on the plate.

Vicky picked up his, Sophie's and Phil's plates to pile them up with hers, accumulating all the knives and forks together. She also glanced at the door, pondering on whether to offer to clear the table of the empty dishes.

Sophie saw her look and guessed. "No, let her stew. Are you still okay for time?"

Vicky looked at her small black watch and nodded. "Yeah, no rush, thanks."

They didn't have to wait long as the lounge door knob turned. A very red eyed, embarrassed Tanya re-entered the room. Her eyes traced over the carpet until they reached Phil.

"Come on, we're going home. We've overstayed our welcome."

Phil sat back in his chair, eyes wide open in shock.

Sophie turned in her chair, and in a sympathetic voice, tried to calm her daughter.

"There's no need to leave. Sit down and we can talk it through like adults."

"No mum, dads made it clear. Phil, come on, it's time to go."

Phil glanced around the table. His eyes rested on Alex for a second before returning to Tanya.

"No... Sorry, love. You need to apologise. Despite us calling unannounced, although you told me otherwise, and Sophie has been kind enough to share dinner. More importantly, I want to stay for pudding before the long drive home."

Tanya glared at him, unable to resist stamping her one foot as her temper rose again.

"Phil!"

Brian finished eating, but rather than say anything further, he shrugged and settled back in his chair to see how things played out.

Tanya's eyes now trawled around the room, seeing no easy way out. Her gaze fell on Vicky, who sat holding Alex's hand, who was looking everywhere else but at Tanya. She slapped her hands against her sides in frustration.

"Ah, okay."

She crossed the carpet to return to her seat, as if she were walking on hot stepping stones across shark-infested waters. She hesitated above her chair, but eventually lowered herself down onto it. Her eyes fought their way to rise from the table to look at Vicky.

"Max..."

"Vicky!" Both Phil and Alex chimed in together, to smile and nod in agreement at each other.

Tanya scowled at Phil, before coughing, "Vicky. I'm sorry. The shock of discovering my brother being gay, mixed with all the hormones of pregnancy, seems to have caused me to act inappropriately."

Brian gave a theatrical cough, glaring at Tanya, who pretended not to notice.

"I also insulted you without realising. I was unaware that you prefer to be known as Vicky and dad explained that you're a trans woman, rather than just a gay man."

Vicky smiled and looked up, fearful that Tanya's faltering voice could still hold venom.

"Mum said earlier that you're a successful career woman in London and it sounds as if Alex is lucky to have found you."

"Thanks." Vicky gasped, unsure of the leverage Brian had against Tanya behind the closed door.

"It seems you've grown a long way from that nerdy friend in college Alex used to know."

Alex remained transfixed at the change in his spiteful sister, knowing it wouldn't last long but enjoyed it while he could. Tempted to drive home any advantage he could find but held back, knowing that it would be a step too far for his parents and he'd be the worse off for it.

Tanya turned to Phil, "I'm sorry I've been such a cow. I'll try better in future."

She glanced around the room, as if to notify that was as far as she was prepared to go at this moment.

Sophie stood up.

"Come on, Vicky, help me tidy up and we'll sort puddings out."

Vicky and Sophie collected empty plates and dishes, ferrying them out in relays, whilst the rest of the room sat waiting for someone to break the silence. Sophie and Vicky returned carrying heavy dishes and another gravy boat, although this time filled with custard.

As they placed the selection around the centre of the table, Sophie pointed to the large dish.

"That's apple and rhubarb crumble. There's custard and I also some ice cream in the freezer if anyone wants it. As I hadn't planned on six for dinner I've added some French fancies, and Viennese whirls to help some supermarket chocolate cake I brought stretch around us all, with tea and coffees later. If you have any room left!"

As Vicky placed clean dishes, plates, forks and spoon down, everyone chorused a mixture of their desires, with Phil, Brian and Alex reaching for the crumble.

"I'll put the kettle on." Sophie declared to no one in particular.

"I'll help you, mum," Tanya offered.

"No, you stay here. If I need it, Vicky can help."

Tanya's shoulders drooped down, deflated. Alex grinned, beaming at Vicky as he dolloped a third portion of crumble into his dish.

Vicky took the prompt to ask, "So, who would like tea and who'd like coffee?"

She noted who shouted what and followed Sophie out into the kitchen.

Sophie was waiting for her as she arrived.

"Vicky, I can't apologise enough. I'm furious at Tanya, but after Brian's outburst, I daren't add to it. I don't want to push her away."

"That's okay. I've had far worse and, to be honest, based on her behaviour at college, I expected it."

"I really didn't want her here this weekend, as you've had enough to contend with."

"Oh, that's all right. To be honest, you've been fabulous and whilst we're being honest, if you wanted to adopt me, I'd be more than happy!"

The pair of them giggled, and Sophie reached out to give Vicky a light hug.

"Sometimes I just wish Tanya could lighten up. She's always been too, you know, uptight and influenced by all that rubbish on social media. If she could pump her bum and lips up like the Kardashians, she would. Any excuse for a tantrum or to create friction. I'm sure she revels in it."

"Oh, don't worry, I've met many like it. Most are harmless, but Tanya's always had a sharp tongue on her. Alex still gets uptight about her, dreading the worst."

"I just wish they could turn the clock back to when they were both younger. Tan went through a Tom boy stage, when she and Alex used to play well together. Whether sharing Alex's cars, riding bikes, or making sand castles at the beach. You couldn't get her into a frock or dress. All the other girls would dress up as the little mermaid or snow white and she'd want to be a teenage mutant turtle or something equally daft!"

"Aw, Sophie!" Vicky returned the hug as the kettle came to the boil.

"Right, Phil and Tanya wanted tea. Alex asked for one of those sachet frothy coffees and Brian a flat white coffee."

"And you?"

"Do you have any herbal or fruit teas? I'll buy a coffee at the station to take on the train when I go."

"Oh, we've the usual suspects, camomile, green and some fruits, they're all in here."

Sophie pulled a drawer open.

Vicky selected a fruit tea sachet and then helped Sophie with the selection of drinks, carrying them out to the lounge. Sophie followed her out, but as Vicky placed Alex's down he politely reminded her if she'd put sugar in his coffee.

Vicky grimaced apologetically and returned to the kitchen. As she grabbed a sweetener dispenser from the one counter, she turned to find a very contrite looking Tanya standing behind her.

"I wanted to explain how I feel, but not in front of everyone else," Tanya mumbled.

She shuffled from one foot to another, unable to look Vicky in the eye, her hands and eyes resting on her pregnant bump, playing the sympathy card.

"With all due respect Tanya, I think both today and historically, you make your feelings known at every opportunity, without a care for anyone else's."

Tanya winced, as if struck. "I had that coming. I'm truly sorry. It's my defence mechanism to be on the attack. To fend off any possible criticism against me. I know I'm not perfect, and I'd love to blame something, but I don't know what or who."

"So you end up being played and surrounded by sycophants, just like college. I bet you have no real friends?"

"I'll admit, overall, it may not have always benefited me. I've read a few self-help books during my pregnancy and I understand a little more now, although you'd have never guessed after this afternoon."

Vicky went to speak but held her breath at the last minute, sensing Tanya may have more to say.

"It was a shock to discover that my big, rugby playing younger brother is gay, or prefers a woman with a dick, or whatever your relationship is. I certainly wasn't expecting his geeky friend from college to turn up in a tight female body with gorgeous skin tone and wonderful hair. Let alone realise that they were having gay sex in my old bedroom. It was a lot to take on board. Not that this is an excuse, mind... I don't know what I wanted to say, just that I'm a little confused right now."

"You imagine how confused I was, in a man's body, wanting one like yours. To wear what you wore and behave like you and your peers did. Now I can and nobody cares in today's world, only bigots and charlatans. Maybe one day we'll be friends and I can tell you how I struggled with gender dysphoria and what it means."

Tanya nodded, blushing from the well-deserved insult, as her hands stroked her bump for comfort and her eyes searched for an answer.

"I'm sorry, Vicky, I'd like to understand. I'm trying, but it's a lot to take on board. Phil's cousin is a lesbian, and I struggle with that. How can a woman want sex with another woman?"

"It's not always about the sex. There is such a thing as having a relationship, finding your life partner, who you can share your innermost secrets and desires with. That's how it is with Alex... You may not like this, but I'll tell you, anyway. After meeting him, I knew I fancied him. In the same way, you would fancy any other handsome man. As our friendship grew, and that's what it was, I wanted more and more of his time and him. As I discovered more about myself and how I wanted to be, I felt more at ease around him. He made me feel safe, without strings attached, whilst people like you taunted and misunderstood me."

Tanya looked down at her feet as she dragged one around behind the other, with Vicky's words ringing home.

"Then, I realised, on a college trip, I'd fallen in love with him. I hung on his every word, wanting to spend every waking moment with him, whether on the rugby pitch or in the student canteen. At the end of college, I had to go, leaving him here. It broke my heart, but I had to grow to be the woman I wanted to be."

Tanya looked up at Vicky, her mouth open, "But you're lovely now, you've changed so much."

"I'm the same person. I just know what to wear, what makeup to use and how to look after my skin and hair. No nose or dental work, just lots of time in the gym, whilst being careful of my diet, and I have to admit, a small boob job."

Tanya nodded, her eyes looking at Vicky's chest, realising that they weren't tissues stuffed in a bra.

"But you've also..."

She made a scissoring action with her fingers of one hand, whilst glancing down to Vicky's crotch.

Vicky shook her head, "No, he's still there. In working order."

Tanya gasped, and her hand shot to cover her mouth as her eyes bulged. Vicky could almost see her imagination running wild.

"So you and Alex, you?"

"Yes, gay sex, if that's what you want to call it."

Tanya gasped through her hand, terrified she'd go too far as her eyes glanced from Vicky's smooth bonnet crotch to her small chest and back.

"Maybe this is the most difficult thing to understand. The procedure is way too expensive and I'm not sure if I'd want to lose him. AND for your information, Alex doesn't mind either."

Tanya's eyes nearly popped out of her head and her fingers dug into her cheeks. Vicky realised that she'd gone too far.

"I'm sorry Tanya, but I was half expecting you to ask. Most people do."

Tanya's hand dropped away from her mouth.

"No, I suppose I would have asked, eventually. It's just..."

"A lot to take on board at the moment?"

Tanya nodded.

"Is there anything else you'd like to ask about our sexuality... The sex parties, the rampant gay swinging orgies?"

Tanya's eyes burst at their sockets and her knees buckled, as Vicky burst out laughing, "I'm sorry Tanya, I couldn't stop myself. It was all too easy. I'm sorry, there are no sex parties or orgies."

"You've a cruel streak in you... I remember you as Max and I do like you as Vicky. Al seems happy. He wouldn't put up with crap. It's just I always imagined him with a little princess on a pedestal."

"Ha ha, oh, trust me, he has his princess in me!"

This time Tanya joined her in laughing. "Okay, I get that one."

"Come on, we'd best return to the lounge, as I want some chocolate cake." Vicky suggested.

"Yeah, I don't want dad coming to looking for me!"

As they re-entered the lounge, the room fell silent, and all eyes swung between them both. Everyone relaxed as they saw the calm smiles between the two women. Vicky sat back down next to Alex and Tanya with Phil.

Vicky ate her share of chocolate cake and soon after checked her watch, warning Alex she should put her gear in the car ready to get going. Alex gave her his keys, and she went up to his room to check her bags. It didn't take long to drop them in Alex's car and return to the Lounge.

"Sorry everyone, I'd better make a move, so I've got enough time to buy a latte before catching the train."

Brian reached Vicky first and gave her a polite hug. "You're welcome back, anytime."

"Thanks Brian, you've been great, thanks."

Phil shook her hand.

"It's been lovely to meet you. Maybe next time we'll have more of a chance to talk more."

"I hope so, thanks..."

Tanya arrived, hot on his heels, to give her a bone crushing bear hug, whispering in her ear, "Look after my little bro."

As they separated, Tanya held her hand.

"Hopefully, as Phil said, next time we'll get to know each other better. Get past that old geeky exterior of yours!"

They both giggled, and Vicky turned to Sophie, who stood in line waiting for her. The pair gave each other an enormous hug.

"I don't know what I'd have without you this weekend, Sophie."

"Oh, you'd have managed. If we don't see you beforehand, have a wonderful holiday."

"Yeah, thanks, we will and anytime you want to come to London shopping, let me know and I'll get the posse together."

"Oh god, how does that not sound good?"

Alex chimed in, "Ha ha, you may rue the day you meet Sarah, mum. I'm not sure dad's credit card could take a weekend of being with both Sarah and Vicky!"