All Comments on 'Vienna Story'

by daytonakrys

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
LioninWinter_vanLioninWinter_vanover 1 year ago

I loved this story. Let's put the erotica aside for a moment. The amount of work, research, you put into your story is really fantastic. This was a short story, almost pushing into a novella. The story itself is absorbing in and of itself. Your character descriptions of your major characters were wonderful - each character's personality really shone through. Now add the erotica. Wow. This was impressive. The best I have read on Literotica. Really well done. Thank you for this really great story.

daytonakrysdaytonakrysover 1 year agoAuthor

Lion — thank you. Your kind comments come at a pivotal time and make me want to produce and post more. I now have that odd, pulled-in-two directions condition, where I'm proud and humbled at the same time. For me, the relationship between the participants has to come first. The sex should come as a natural component of that relationship — that's what makes a scene erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I took 2 courses in western Civ this past year. I enjoyed very much reading about the history as well as the stories. You are a wonderful author and I had to admit, this was a "page turner." You have so much skill and I look forward to more of your work. - Lisa

daytonakrysdaytonakrysover 1 year agoAuthor

Lisa, thank you for the kind words. I will endeavor to hold up my end of the bargain and contribute more "page turners" in days to come.

willendorferwillendorferabout 1 year ago

Bravo, superb evocation of the vanished world of Wienerblud and Der Rosenkavalier. Kapellmeister, let the violas throb, my regiment leaves at dawn!

My only historical qualm is about these noblewomen going about by themselves without even a maidservant to wait on them. Countess Sophie actually prepares a meal for Eli at one point. Not plausible behaviour from a Viennese countess, I would guess.

As a fervent admirer of BBWs and SSBBWs, I was somewhat disappointed by Eli's initial reaction to Hilda and Maria, bordering on disgust. Yet by the end, he seemed to genuinely enjoy making love to them. What changed? His marriage to the young and conventionally beautiful Helena seemed inevitable, but still it was a bit of a let-down.

But these are minor criticisms. The important fact is that you've created a whopper of an entertaining Literotica story that, for once, isn't set in contemporary suburban America. Again I say bravo!

daytonakrysdaytonakrysabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you for your kind words, willendorfer. I've admired your work for a long time, so your comment means a great deal.

Your points are valid ones, to be sure. I did do some research on the propriety of noblewomen traveling, and the main concern I read about was the need for a chaperone to accompany an unmarried woman. Since this didn't apply in the travel scenes (except for Hilda, but she is a widow), and Eli and the railway personnel were there to provide protection and support, I kind of finessed it. Sophie's rooms in town are her sanctum sanctorum, a place where she didn't even want to risk having a servant. Not realistic, now that I reflect on it. I take your point gladly.

As Eli made love to his two very heavy lovers, he became accustomed to their preferences, used to their appearance, and proud to bring them enjoyment. That was one of the points I wanted to make, that his initial disgust, as you describe it, turned to genuine fondness, and even relish at their thrilling intimacy. I think you nailed Eli on the head, and he might deserve it.

Honestly, I feel like the ending is somewhat lame. I had a flagging imagination, felt I'd spent long enough on it, and Sophie's letter just kind of popped up and wrote itself. For a long time, I wanted wedding bells for Eli and Hilda, but couldn't bring myself to deny Eli a family. At 38, Hilda is not an obvious motherhood candidate at that moment in history.

Again, thank you for reading, and for offering your kind and constructive words.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous