Visiting Sherie & Rick Ch. 01

Story Info
Visiting our long-time friends.
830 words
2.91
23.1k
16

Part 1 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 12/07/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How many times do I need to repeat myself? It's this coming weekend. We're driving there on Friday, and returning Sunday. Got it?"

"Yes dear."

"And try to be nice. Sherie is my best friend. And she's always been there for me, even when you weren't."

Need I say more? I'm not looking forward to going out of state, and perhaps particularly to be with the few friends we have who know all about my indiscretion(s). Thankfully, at least they're still friends, despite always siding with Jen, knowing what she's 'endured' from me.

"And btw, Sherie says they're not changing their menu, so you'll just have to learn to like coffee. Black coffee in particular. You know how Sherie feels about having sugar in the house. Or fat products like cream. So buck up, Bucko."

Can you imagine living with a constant tone in the house like this for a lifetime? I'm not making excuses for myself, but I suspect few guys would put up with it, and many might even seek love elsewhere. I digress.

Years ago, Sherie & Rick had lived next door to us. So they knew pretty much everything, and even had a few skirmishes of their own with Jen, but weathered them better than I did.

I mean, I love her; don't get me wrong. And I always have. But at the infamous mid-life point guys can be particularly susceptible to expecting more. And suddenly grass may appear much greener than it truly is. Again, I digress. But this to say, I failed. And I am trying to make up for lost time and be a better husband, albeit still experiencing some of the household 'tone' that I found untenable.

Anyway, maybe Sherie doesn't find Jen quite so abrasive in the same ways I do. Or maybe Sherie's a bit on the assertive side herself. Case in point, the coffee comment today. Sherie can shoot straight from the shoulder, as much as any marksman.

And I never know whether she's for real, or being a bit assertive in a flirting sort of way, or whether she's goading Jen to push me harder yet -- especially knowing of my failing.

At times, I almost feel like Sherie thinks I owe her some form of payback as well as my wife.

Or is that just a fantasy of mine that Sherie's slightly jealous too, like I cheated on her as well? Women are *hard* to figure out. One minute I think they're flirting, and the next minute, they embarrass you with a quick girly uppercut that drops you to the mat, dazed.

One unforgettable example comes to mind: On more than one occasion, Sherie drove from the back seat anytime we went out together as couples. Often, I thought she was toying with me. Slow down. Turn here. Where's the fire? " Jen, don't you know how to get him to drive as he ought? Girl, you need to give him some 'driving' lessons."

"ha ha"

"Harold, drive around the block again and find us a better place to park. You surely don't expect us to walk that far, do you? If you were mine, you wouldn't get by with that. You need to hang onto this girl - you're lucky to have someone who adores you and your crap."

But this time took the cake! Get this...

"Harold, hand me the keys for safekeeping while we're in the restaurant."

I can't believe she did that. And I can't believe I pacified her. Worse yet, afterward, she handed Rick the keys to drive us home. And then she kept the keys for a few days, making me ride the bus to drive home her point with Jen.

Dang.

And yet, somehow I was attracted to Sherie, even as a straight-laced, plain-looking, small-breasted girl next door with an attitude.

Jen had thrown it up to me one time, that Rick was rebuffed somewhat often by Sherie as he made frequent advances hoping for some 'afternoon delight'. I didn't know whether Jen was elevating Rick as some kind of stallion compared to me, or that Sherie was more conservative sexually than herself.

According to Jen, Sherie called him a horndog. And seldom let him have anything beyond a weekly missionary encounter.

So I can only imagine how she referred to me when my affair came to light. And I know she wasn't bashful about blurting out what she'd have done to me if she were Jen. I won't repeat it, but let me just say it's not legal in this state, without a man's written consent.

Oh, and btw, Sherie's a redhead. And freckled. Almost the stereotype coming out of the strawberry patch. No wonder Rick wanted to get her down in the middle of the afternoon. To be honest, it has crossed my mind more than once when I've had my pecker in hand. Don't tell anyone.

So it's complicated. And Friday was coming way too quickly.

***