All Comments on 'War Prize Ch. 03'

by BelleCanzuto

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Five stars.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
grrrr

Wow. This took a darker turn than I had expected. I hoped she would kill him and finally become free, not that she would also kill herself and reunite with Him in the afterlife, especially considering that He was a manipulative jerk, it is somewhat of a letdown, as she is not free in the end... I am still turned off by BDSM, but your writing is certainly impactful.

YandisaNgxabaneYandisaNgxabanealmost 4 years ago

Absolutely love the ending. Bravo!

FromTxFromTxalmost 4 years ago
Well written

Hated the ending but definitely glad you finished it.

FromTxFromTxalmost 4 years ago
Well written

Hated the ending. But I am so glad you finished the story. Absolutely well written.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 4 years ago
Superb

At last an ending to a kidnap story that does it justice. Six stars.

FromTxFromTxalmost 4 years ago
Loved the writing

I am very glad you finished the story that made it an enjoyable experience. But I did not like the ending—- the general started trusting her trio soon and that seemed out of character. Beautiful writing.

I thought I had left commemt before but went to edit and couldn’t find it.

savai2savai2almost 4 years ago
The Ending Tho...

I knew she was going to kill him and he deserved it. I just wanted her to get away. Very well written. You captured the total physical, psychological

and emotional devastation of what war does to the victors and the vanquished!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another Ending

Your stories are very descriptive and well written. I was surprised by the ending simply because I don't like death by suicide although it is a truth we face every day. Think you might have changed the story line by having her choose the other dress in which she would have been a strong free woman fending for herself while the General attempted to win her affection after he found her of course.

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 4 years ago
Interesting

I like that she killed the General before she killed herself. The bathroom fetish is a yuck for me, but I like that she was strong omg the end.

I think even if she picked the different dress, he would have said, “If you want to be a whore, you can be my whore.” I think she knew he would never let her go.

DapperlingDapperlingalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

Compelling story and I really appreciated you ending it in a way that was true to the characters rather than try find a happy ending. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ruined it

You are a really good writer.. And should write more so please don't take this badly but after chapter 2 I was thinking 1)Curran clearly took advantage of Elsepeth and 2)General might want to look after her.. Then you turn the hot alpha male into a gullible weakling (buzz kill on the sex scenes for chapter 3) and you flipped the storyline into a murder-suicide(feeling nauseated now). And could she really have held him down with her strength?!

I realise for some authors they write through their characters and can't help the way the story goes but this chapter really was disappointing for me. Just a wasted life for Curran, Ephraim and Elspeth. I would have liked more for at least one of them!

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 4 years ago
Perfect

It was a perfect ending. Love can not be taken.

Allanjim3Allanjim3over 3 years ago
Excellent.

I knew he could never break her spirit and take what can only be given!

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 3 years ago

Absolutely LOVE the ending.

MissedLifeMissedLifealmost 3 years ago

Excellent! Ten Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am so glad I opted to finish reading this. I had problems with the first chapter not due to your writing but getting my mind into the society this took place in. Your development of Elsepeth using her inner thoughts of her current situation and past memories helped define her strength. We come to recognize how smart she is at survival, from childhood to the final end. Some readers did not like the ending but it showed her desire to make her own decision on a future. The General was never going to be a hero/good guy. She was facing a future of being property or life in the streets with no identity or support. I would personally have made the same choice. Life is not HEA and maybe in death reunited with Him she will find peace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What can I say, she's strong and weak at the same time. She seemingly chose to be with Him but did she really? I felt that he used her love and manipulated her into a pet of his. I hated that she was "nothing" without him and that she felt life not worth living without him.

The general isn't that bad by comparison, similar to Him, holding her captive. True that she never gave in and chose to not let another man own her, so good on her for that. But ultimately, she was already owned, just a very loyal pet. So, yeah, not my kind of strong female character.

Good writing though. I just didn't like any of the characters.

JasmijnJasmijnover 2 years ago

Thanks. This is the first story i read where the captured woman does not fall in love with the person who captured her. This ending is more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are a good writer but I find the whole 3 chapters to have been soiled by this ending The ending was definitely hinting at an escape or something but I did not expect a murder suicide. I'm surprised she stayed true to Curan even when she'd caught on to his manipulations, looking over the span of 10 YEARS!!!! It puts a sickly feeling in my stomach to think she'd rather kill herself than to acknowledge that Ephraim was trying the same thing and use her charms and wit to get what she needs through his status. Why not go to his home, learn the Gallatian ways, go to school or learn a niche trade then strike out on her own. And maybe have him find her years out and have the dynamic turned? Elspeth's shitty ending really rankles me because her character did not deserve that. -Lilmeow

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow! The intensity of her situation was felt with every word you wrote. Best story I’ve read here by far. I dream of a love like this in my life, one that transcends any limitations and flows magically without a spoken word. You are a master of the written word my friend and I applaud your work. Please keep writing so I may lose myself feeling and breathing in your written world. A fan for life, RB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBelleCanzuto@BelleCanzuto
Thank you all for your comments and your constructive criticism. I've just passed my third anniversary as a published author here, and it's definitely been a learning experience. Well worth it, every day. I haven't submitted new stories in a while, but I'm working on several. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

War Prize Ch. 02 Previous Part
War Prize Series Info

SIMILAR Stories