Warming the IcePrincess Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
J-Stroke
J-Stroke
91 Followers

She gave me a odd but grateful smile, said an absent goodbye to Claire, and disappeared.

I looked over at Claire giggled tiredly and said, "That did not come out right, but I think she knows what I meant. Oh well, almost there now, only these left to do."

Before I could reach for the papers Sue had just delivered, Claire snatched them off my desk and said decisively, "That'll be enough for one day."

I protested weakly, "Come on Claire, stop fooling around, I'm almost done and then all that's left for tomorrow is a couple hours on the summary."

She stood still holding the purloined papers and said firmly, "You're right and I'm not fooling around. I'll take care of these in the morning while you start working on the summary and we'll be done with the whole bloody mess in no time."

"Alright," I said holding my hands up in a gesture of surrender, "You're the boss."

I sent my last page to the printer and logged off the system.

Standing and turning for the door she said, "C'mon it's after eight and neither of us has eaten since that bag of whatever the hell it was Steve picked up at noon, and I'm starving and I'm taking you to dinner."

Really feeling the fatigue wash over me now, I protested without much force as I rose to leave, "You don't have to do that Claire really; I'll just pick up something on my way home."

She turned around so quickly that I nearly crashed into her as slow as my reflexes were.

Though her voice was soft her tone commanded my complete attention, "You know Jane you really are a fine manager, you don't abuse your people, yet don't allow them to step all over you either. That's very rare in the corporate environment nowadays don't ever lose that ability. It was brilliant offering them Monday off for showing up here on the weekend as willing workers. You got more work out of those two than half a dozen people unhappily forced to do it."

The rush of adrenaline into my system stiffened my spine and legs the moment she began speaking. I couldn't have moved from that spot even though I wanted to bolt like a terrified rabbit out from under her intense scrutiny. Thankfully as she paused to collect her thoughts, I was able to calm down a little before she continued. Reaching up to push a stray strand of hair from my face as we stood in the doorway, her fingertips brushed my cheek, and sparks ignited throughout my whole body. My locked knees became so suddenly weak I could hardly stand upright. I only realized I had flinched when she placed her hand gently on my shoulder as though I needed the support, and when she did continue it was much more gently.

"As a good manager," she said with a soft sigh "You already know how important it is to treat your people with respect and occasionally even a little kindness, I've been watching you do it for years and it works. Your results are unquestionable."

She took a weary breath her mouth curled slightly at the corners before she continued, "but you, my dear have yet to learn that when a superior wants to do you a small kindness you should let them do it, and not argue."

I nodded silently knowing she was right. She turned along side of me slipping her arm over my shoulder, and said with finality, "Besides Jane, I wasn't making a suggestion. You are coming with me for some dinner, end of discussion."

She released me only long enough to dump the stack of papers on her desk and bend to retrieve her purse from the bottom drawer giving me one more chance to marvel at her lovely derrière. She threw her arm back over my shoulder, and I bravely slipped mine around her waist, we walked arm in arm to the elevators. I felt as happy as I could remember being for a very long time just being near her. I had to stop the doors at the last second jumping out when I realized neither of us had reset the security system. When the elevator doors opened next, I was completely disoriented having no clue where I was.

Claire answered my confused look with an absent wave, "Executive garage, we can pick up your car later there's no sense in driving two."

The only thing inside the hallowed space other than the sounds of our clicking heels was a gleaming Alabaster white Mercedes-Benz AMG roadster.

The closer we came to the incredible set of wheels the more incredulous I became, I finally couldn't take any more I blurted out, "Holy shit Claire, is this thing yours?"

She said with unapologetic pride, "Yup, she's my baby."

Amazed that she could afford such an outrageously expensive car I said, "Whoa I'll bet this beauty broke the bank."

With the remote in hand, she simultaneously disabled the security system, opened the door locks, the power windows began descending, and the hard convertible top began retracting into the trunk while the graphite colored leather interior was bathed in soft beckoning light.

At this point, my brain could only manage one-word phrases, I said in awestruck admiration, "Sweet."

Claire's warm laughter couldn't quite tear my attention away from the grand automobile when she said, "For a shade under $200 grand she better damn well be sweet."

I could only nod in agreement my gaze riveted on the unbelievable car.

Striding up to the drivers door Claire pulled it open and when I didn't follow, she said something that stopped my heart, "Jesus, Jane I haven't seen you stare at anything so hard since you where checking out my ass this morning."

I was so absorbed in my examination of the exotic car that the full impact of her glib remark took a moment to penetrate my consciousness. When it did, I was totally mortified. I couldn't move and just stood there my muscles rigid, I was dying inside by the second. I wished with all my might that I was anywhere in the world but there at that moment.

Claire was a little slow recognizing something was keeping me from following her. She couldn't know that I was only millimeters from turning toward the elevator and running away in total embarrassment. When it finally dawned on her that something was amiss, she rushed to my side and said with concern in her voice, "Oh Jane I'm so sorry honey its O. K. I was only teasing."

My insides were still trembling, my heartbeat thundering in my ears when she threw her arms around me pleading for forgiveness, "I am so, so sorry Jane I wasn't trying to upset you, honestly."

Oh, my god I was so completely embarrassed, I felt like the worlds biggest fool with my face flushed and burning. I couldn't even look at her when but when I finally got myself together a little bit I asked her sheepishly, "Was I really that obvious?"

She smiled broadly nodding and said, "Pretty much, yeah... you were."

She gave me an appraising look and a gently squeezed my shoulders grinning. With a small push to get me in motion, she returned to her door scolding me, "Let's get a move on I'm hungry."

The whole time we were driving, I brooded in silence. Claire happily prattled on about the about the car's interactive 5-speed transmission and the 600 plus horsepower 6.0-liter V12 multi-valve engine and some other expensive option called a Distronic Adaptive something or other with boundless enthusiasm. All I could muster was "cool," "neat," or "wow" while I stewed in my own juices. I was still furious with myself for being such a twit this morning and worse yet being caught at it. I hadn't felt this foolish and guilty since I was fifteen and our next-door neighbor caught Nicky Walker and me behind her potting shed. Old lady Emerson came out to water her prize roses and instead turned her hose on the two of us. You see Nick had his hand down my pants at the time, of course. She sent us home dripping wet and supremely embarrassed.

Even riding in the spectacular car with the top down and the cool evening air whipping through my hair as we sped through the city I couldn't relax enough to let myself enjoy the experience. I was so self-absorbed wallowing in my guilty conscience during the ride I never even asked where we were going. I didn't realize this until we were pulling up to the private garage at what appeared to be a very high tone condominium building.

"Claire where are we?" I asked my brow wrinkling in confusion as my head swiveled trying to re-establish my bearings.

She smiled sweetly and answered, "My place, Relax Jane it's alright."

We left the car after reversing the nearly magical process of returning it to its original configuration. Just like yesterday in the downtown skyways, I was left following Claire's ground eating strides and staring guiltily down at her shoes, (alright, alright, I did peek at her ass, maybe once.)

When we boarded the elevator, I was still brooding in silence. Claire must have decided she had just about enough of my taciturn change of mood and said so, "Jane I am genuinely sorry that I hurt your feelings back in the garage."

She took hold of my shoulders squaring my body up with hers forcing me to look her in the eye before continuing, "I didn't mean to upset you like that, honestly Jane, but if you are going to pout like this all evening, I won't make you stay. I'll take you back to your car now and you can go home alone...if that's what you really want."

The word slammed into my mind like a hammer blow, "alone."

Stunned again into stammering my panicked mind screamed "God no, not that."

I answered her, "N...no please I'd really rather stay," feeling once more like that chagrined teenaged girl and hating the sensation.

I did want to get something off my chest before anything else could happen and said, "Claire I need to apologize if I made you uncomfortable this morning. I shouldn't have done that it was pretty rude of me."

She burst into a hearty laugh and said loudly, "Uncomfortable? Jane, honey, I was flattered as hell. A girl does like to know she looks good occasionally and if no one ever looks...well... I start to get nervous, know what I mean?"

I gave her a quick nod and a contrite grin.

She quieted her volume in the tight space but the humor in her voice was undiminished she continued, "I happen to like it when I am looked at, it makes me feel pretty, sexy even, and the way you were looking at me this morning, well now, I was feeling downright beautiful."

I finally found my voice and asked her incredulously, "You're shitting me right? Good lord Claire you're drop-dead gorgeous you've got to know that."

Laughing even harder she said with a relaxed grin, "Ah... M'girl, you do my heart good, I think I just might have to keep you, c'mon lets go I'm hungry."

She threw her arm around my waist guiding me out of the elevator. While she was fiddling with her keys trying to fit it into the lock one handed, I felt her hand slide from my waist to my ass. I was shocked when she gave it a firm squeeze before trying to slip through the door ahead of me. I was surprised to say the least, but this time I recovered more quickly. What she didn't know yet but was soon to find out, I'm a pincher. Her yelps and giggles as she scooted into the kitchen to get away from my viselike digits were a tonic to my confused mind and uncertain heart. I stopped pursuing her and let my eyes dance around the obscenely tasteful appointments of her home and marvel at the quality of the décor. I had to stop and ask myself silently for what seemed the millionth time since I'd know her "was there anything this woman didn't do well?" I wandered a bit more looking in every direction astonished by almost everything I saw.

My nose told me where to find the kitchen and I no sooner stepped into the roomy space, and a head of fresh romaine was flying through the air in my direction. I had to catch and set it down just as quickly because Claire followed that with an even heavier head of Iceberg lettuce right behind it.

Pointing at a low cupboard, she said to me, "Be a dear and tear some of those into the colander down in there. I've started the pasta and the sauce has been in the slow cooker all day and is way ready."

Pointing with her knife at the vegetables already on the counter she added, "I'll just slice some of these to add to the salad and we'll be good to go."

I was slowly starting to feel less the petulant child and more my normally wiseass self and barked, "Aye, Aye captain," and snapped my best impression of a midshipman's salute at her before starting at my assignment.

Smiling over her shoulder at me, "That's more like it, I much prefer a happy Jane to that broody young woman who was riding in the car with me."

Chagrinned once more by the one woman on the planet I wanted to be with, I decided screw it, I was going to try to let go of my hang-ups and enjoy my time with her and to hell with whatever would come after.

With an impish smile I shrugged my shoulders and admitted, "Yeah, sorry about all that, I guess I have some issues."

"Don't we all," was her dry retort.

In that instant, without really understanding why, my mind was once again racing. I decided despite not knowing if she would ever be able or even interested in reciprocating my feelings for her, I had to tell her how I felt. I no longer cared about the complications and consequences of office romances and all the self-imposed garbage that goes with them. I asked myself if not now, when? I'd been waiting for the past four years for the perfect opportunity if this wasn't it then "It" was never going to be here. If the whole damn thing did blow up in my face, then so be it. I had already decided I was going to look for a different job anyway. What in hell was I waiting for? In a few seconds I rationalized that if things did go badly I would have a good long cry and move on, but something had to give. I just couldn't hold it in any longer I felt like my insides were going to burst.

Setting the lettuce down, I walked the few paces over to where she was working and said earnestly, "That's just it Claire," I swallowed my mouth suddenly going dry. "You don't, at least none that I can see, or know anything about. You're so together...so beautiful," I was starting to feel a bit choked up but managed to finish the thought, "You're so...so...Perfect."

Before she could interrupt me, I cleared my throat nervously and said to her in a bit of a rush, "Claire you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. When I think about everything a woman can be, and should be in this life or who I want to be like," my voice dropped suddenly, the words seemed to be sticking in my throat, "or be with, I think of you."

Slowly she set the knife aside and wiped her hands on a small towel, before turning to me with the most radiant look in her eyes. She cradled my face in her soft cool hands, and whispered, "Jane, that is the sweetest most wonderful thing anyone has ever said to me, thank you."

She leaned forward and ever so gently kissed me. My heart was pounding so hard I thought I might faint dead away right there in her kitchen. When I felt her mouth pressing against mine and her tongue caress my lips it was so soft and so fleeting I was certain I was dreaming the whole thing, this couldn't be happening. Never mind that her gentle touch shot through me like an electric pulse. I was almost completely overwhelmed, but in such a delightful way. It was almost as if her tongue was making a polite request to enter, it was so completely different from the probing invader technique most of my previous lovers had employed. I tenderly reciprocated the gesture and opened my lips a bit granting her my unqualified permission. Our tongues caressed and explored each other for several captivating, unhurried, glorious, minutes before we separated staring into each other's moist unblinking eyes.

I didn't want the moment to end or hopped at least for an immediate resumption. However, the noisily rumbling from my stomach broke the enchanting moment and we both burst into self-conscious giggles.

Claire recovered first and said, "Go on now and finish with that lettuce we need to eat, and fast."

As I turned away from her, I felt the same stinging smack on my tush as I had earlier in the day. (The other cheek this time!) Spinning back to face her I said over a waggling finger, "Oh no you don't, we have not closed the deal on that spanking... yet."

She shook her head and said, "Let the negotiations begin." Her soft laughter filled the room with a pleasant sound and my heart with a joyful lift.

After a relaxing delicious dinner, we collapsed together on her expansive leather sofa for what seemed forever, neither of us able to summon the necessary energy to move or even speak. We just lay there our hunger sated, looking and grinning at each other.

Claire finally stood and set the television remote on the low table next to me and said, "help yourself, relax, I'll be right back."

She disappeared into the dark hallway before I could protest. I had absolutely no interest in watching T.V. so I began wandering around her beautiful home. I soon discovered the glass doors to the balcony and stepped out side into the fresh chilly air. In the distance, I could see skyline of the city. The buildings formed a somewhat jagged mountain range of soft illumination reflected in the graceful curve of the river just beneath it. The water almost completely calm sparkled with a shimmering glow. There was an unbroken swath of thick forest between the distant river bend and where I stood watching. Although I was hundred or more feet above them I could hear the sounds of its night creatures going about the lives. I marveled at the view trying to imagine what the bill on a place like this looked like, and couldn't help thinking that an executive assistant's salary must be a shitload better than that of the accountants at C.C. & I.

Softly I said to myself, "Wow, now that's quite a view."

I heard Claire asking from inside, "Jane Hon, where did you go?"

I stepped back through the door, took one look at Claire, and wanted to repeat my comment from outside but softly said, "Over here," instead.

She was standing there waiting for me wearing a red silk kimono that descended to just above her ankles. It was finely embroidered throughout with the traditional Japanese figures and cherry blossoms. A golden sash secured it around her waist accentuating her incredible figure. The deep red cloth made her smooth lustrous skin glow beneath her flowing auburn mane. She was so incredibly beautiful I was stunned into breathless silence.

Before I could say anything, she sat on the sofa patting the seat next to her and said, "Come over here Jane I need to have a word with you."

I tried not to let my nerves freak out on me but my natural wariness switched into hyper-drive at her tone, as well as what she had said. Those words "I need to have a word with you" when strung together that way never brought anything but trouble to me, my heart sank. I sat next to her with every fiber in my being tense waiting for her to drop the whole world on top of me.

After taking a deep breath she said, "Jane, I want you to know that I have been very fond of you for a very long time I do hope you realized that."

Scared to death where this conversation was leading I answered her, "No, I didn't, really, but thank you for telling me now."

Taking another breath, she stopped and gently touched my arm then pulled away hesitantly. It was odd but it seemed as thought she didn't know what to do with her hands finally, she said, "I'm trying to tell you something very important, and this isn't as easy for me, as I hoped, so please hon let me do it."

I started getting the sense that she, the always cool, totally in control, Claire McAllister, the utterly unflappable "Ice Princess," the woman of my dreams was completely unnerved. Even though I was completely perplexed and amused by this unseen side of her, I nodded remaining obediently silent.

Without looking in my direction, she started again perhaps trying to find a different tack this time, "In the years we have worked together I didn't once suspect or ever dream, really, that you and I were so much the same."

J-Stroke
J-Stroke
91 Followers
1...34567...9