All Comments on 'Was It All Worth It'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 455 Comments (Page 2)
Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Much as I hate being a cuck. But I am really leaning towards forgiving the wife if it was just a one time thing. BUT she will do all the heavy lifting to heal me.

Thanks author, even though the story is poignantly sad but it ended well. Beautifully done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dude, you have WAY too much time on your hands....no social life? Jeez...........

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

@sbrooks103x

"I was excited and thought I might get the ultra-rare anal sex on my upcoming special day." - BOTH parties either enjoy anal sex or they don't. If they do, then it shouldn't require a special day. If they don't, then they shouldn't do it at all.

Why do you think that your opinion is how everyone should run their life? Why can't ANYTHING be held for a special day, time, month, year?

"He should go stay in a hotel Sunday night, let them come home to an empty house. What do their daughters think about blowing off his B'day AND Father's Day?"

If you had READ the story you would know the answer to that question!

I knew Missy was pissed at her mother because Missy's husband probably cheated on her.

How could you possibly know anything about a fictitious character in a story unless told so by the author.

All of your comments are so full of holes it is unreal.

@sbrooks103x aka Captain Obvious

Re: Blowing off Father's Day and his B'day. Much was made at the beginning about how diligent she was with dates, with her dry erase calendar and all, so she COULDN'T have simply forgotten, it HAD to have been a deliberate slap in the face, on top of her "in your face" cheating.

No shit!

@mattenw

"It is not my responsibility to evaluate your writing style."

It is not your responsibility to comment at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why does Bill accept any responsibility for the cheating whores actions? No excufor her behavior or her treatment of him. She should have been happy to have been invited to his mother's funeral and kept her skank ass on the back pew. She instigated Bill's estrangement from his mother essentially with her cheating. No way does there exist a way back to civility from that level of betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was afraid that this was gonna be a raac after Bill met those guys in the bar so I completely skipped page 2 and so did not see his encounter with the cheating sluts boyfriend. I think I initially scored this a 2. After reading a few of the responses and went back for that, I'm upgrading my score to 5. Katy should have burned more thoroughly but a lifelong kick in the teeth for him was satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Re:reedrichards

By George, you got it!!

Disrespect, cheat, conspire and lie to me and dzmn right you've got to go!!!! Only a complete limp-dicked, closet homo would put up with that.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

ReedRichards -"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" Pat Benetar, not Linda Ronstadt :)

If your going to enact revenge on someone they've got to know why their suffering or its not really revenge. The kid only knows that somebody wronged him and has no idea bad things happened to him because of any specific actions. His actions were not only risky and illegal, they were completely useless.

Other than that, yes there are holes ( daughters 180° turnaround) but a good story anyway.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 3 years ago

Really liked the story. It used the standard thematic elements in slightly different ways while still hitting the notes most of us want to hear.

Ignore the anonymous ones who are making your MC out to be unlikable... methinks they would have easily done what Katy did and are upset at the story not condoning a "mistake" of many parts and much planning.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Calling it a one-time slip is underselling it quite a bit. It's not like it happened in a weak moment, but was in fact a premeditated move, where she lied to his face after being caught right before it happened. The fact that she skipped their time together to pull it off, and couldn't even be bothered to remember his big day shortly afterwards just compounded the issue. Sure, you could try hang around and repair all the damage, but I don't blame anyone who doesn't have the capacity for that.

If the protagonist is unlikable, the wife is written even more unsympathetically, considering how she manipulates the family to turn against him after the fact. The 180 after his mom's death feels a little too convenient, but overall a well-written story about a sad situation.

CDRLawCDRLawalmost 3 years ago

This guy is supposed to be a sympathetic character?

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Good overall story. Only problem I have is if you take revenge on someone it doesn't amount to anything if they don't know why and that you were responsible for their troubles.

JRandyJJRandyJalmost 3 years ago

This was a good read. this is what any real man would do. 5 *

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

@someoneother - Date rape drug? She got all dressed up before she left the house. They already had an intimate, if not physical, relationship before that.

\

@dmann, I don't believe he cheated with Missy. He had already filed for divorce, I think they even had their court date. They were simply waiting for the final date - that's hardly cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@tralan, sbrooks only gave, as you say his OPINION.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Same old, same old. She slips, one time and not an affair. He’s sorely injured and totally not forgiving despite 18 years and teenaged daughters. He divorces “the slut”, and I’ll be damned ends up with a younger wonderful woman. Who would have guessed? Then he ruins the life of a 21 year old kid who obviously wasn’t experienced enough to understand he was ruining a marriage. Gee, what a great guy! How original! At least he was for much of this crowd with a four star plus rating. As for me, it’s one star, even if they don’t count in the scores.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In the old days, if one the wives of the Patriarch slipped, she was set aside. There were no divorces, but one could put away a wife. The patriarch was also responsible for her upkeep. That exist because of the two lines. The direct line concerning the flesh and the Spiritual line. Once a female has sex with a male other than her husband, the spiritual side of it becomes corrupted. Only God himself can restore the purity of the spiritual line of the husband with her. The children could also be problematic as tiny pieces the male DNA stays inside her for years. It is possible for it to become part of the genetic of the child. That would explain why some children can never bond with their dad, even if he is a good father. It also makes it hard for the father to bond with his child. In all cases Patriarchs were forbidden from marrying a woman who was not a virgin. A Holy man today without the help of God, would have a big problem in finding someone compatible and pure. God would have to make such a woman for him. A lot of this stuff is not yet release by God for the general public. This site needs these type of teachings so we can start stopping calling all kind of perversions good. It is evil and there are always painful penalties for choosing to live outside the boundaries God set for us to keep us happy and save.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

Great story. The hero handled it well; the wife, not so much. 5 stars; The Bear approves. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Setting up the young man wasn't enough, but hat's just my opinion.

The BEAR

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightalmost 3 years ago

3 stars from me. I didn't dislike your tale, but it was also so unbelievable as to possibly belong in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category. You write that the man has an 18 year old daughter and a 17 year old daughter. On Father's Day AND their father's birthday, neither daughter remembers the significance of either date nor have either purchased a birthday present, a Father's Day present, and cards?? I'm sorry, but even if the bitch mother asked them to go to the beach on that special day, what child would not chastise the mother and remind her that it was their father's special day. That was just ludicrous! Then, following the father's departure, you have him calling his ungrateful spoiled brats every other day asking to be included in their lives, only to be ostracized by the two morons who think they are smart enough to go to college but who apparently do not own their own calendars AND who expect their father to pay for college? There is no duty for a parent to pay for a child's college, but assuming this man was the head manager over a large store, would the parents have not started a college fund for the two brats? Could you have had the two brats be smart enough to earn some type of scholarships so that they didn't come across as money-hungry spoiled bitches (although if they were dumb enough to not own their own calendars or remember their father's birthday, they probably were not smart enough to have the grades to make it into college). The wife is written as totally unbelievable as well--no one goes from being a loving spouse to a complete bitch overnight unless they has suffered some sort of psychotic break, but you didn't have her diagnosed with that, so the result is a character who is not believable. The entire episode of the revenge on the 21 year old stud is also ludicrous, and I'm sure any competent defense attorney could have gotten that kid off when the markings on the box indicated that it was purchased at another store, and it wouldn't have taken Perry Mason's investigator to track down the true purchaser, landing the hero into a whole heap of trouble. I also do not think you know the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony based upon the hero's expectation of time to be served in jail. The Missy character came on too strong, but was okay. I didn't see a whole lot of grammatical mistakes or misspelled words (but a 'polish' restaurant was mind-jarring), which was nice, and for that reason alone, I arrived at a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The wife was vanquished into the outer darkness, hubby gets a new and younger girl, and everyone admires hubby for being a man of principle. Well, except that principle about "for better or for worse". He was just kidding when he promised her that. In reality, men like him wind up bitter and alone. Wait until he sees his ex-wife on the arm of another man. Wait until he hears about her wedding. This is formulaic divorce porn. Reality is much different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A well told tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was with the MC until he decided to commit a crime and frame the dude his wife cheated with.

muncher354muncher354almost 3 years ago

I can see why this scored high. Lots of bitter men here.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars and no comment

bluepixiegurl316bluepixiegurl316almost 3 years ago

This reads like a incel fantasy. Horrible character development, if any. Just weird harem crap.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

Cheating, lies, and deceit... someone was pissed off the day they invented those things.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Two teenage daughters that didn't know their father's birthday? No way.

firedog451firedog451almost 3 years ago

Great read. Can't believe so many readers had problems with this story. They must not realize that this site is for fiction, not real life drama. I appreciate your efforts and the thick skin you must have to write in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

3/5 as your story is very average.

You wanted to create a dilemma about if he should forgive her or not, but you were very bad at it, everything was made in your story to disrespect the main character, this is even worse then february sucks.

If you wanted to create a real dilemma you could have made her cheat without humiliating or forgetting her husband, or she could have had a one time relation with some stranger, and with all of this she would have been a perfect wife that made an amazing anniversary for her husband, in that case there would have been a dilemma.

In this case she is just a full fledge slut that has no respect for her husband, where is the dilemma in your story.

i'm sorry it's average, and generic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A man has to know his own limitations, or so says one of Clint Eastwood's many characters. You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror, so if Bill felt he could not get past the lying and deceit, it was entirely up to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good and real feel. Some men like myself I believe could not get past it . I do think it helps that his kids were older. If they were six and seven he may have considered forgiveness to be with them but the marriage would be shot . She would always be trying to make it up to him and he would never trust her again . I know people who have reconciled but it would be hard for me especially if she ducked a kid close to her girls ages.

patilliepatilliealmost 3 years ago

Fantastic story! 5* all day long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well told story...guess the old gal couldn't quite choke out the "s" word.

LWlurker

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent

Forgiving a one time cheat is a hard thing to do. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's tough getting over something like that. It's extremely sad the mother passed away in the midst

but her last call might have been an apology. Can't say it was great revenge the man should had to do what he did. Is it wonderful that they are all one happy family? I don't know but who am I to judge. Well written tale.

Five Stars

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story, and I don’t understand all the calls for forgiving her cheating with a boy half her age even if it was only once. She got caught with him again, so what makes anyone think it was over? If the cheating wasn’t enough, the actions with the daughters and mother were also unforgivable. The lover boy got off relatively easy, most betrayed men would have taken physical revenge. Being friends with the ex means he’s a nicer guy than I am.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story with some weaknesses. The revenge plot against "Jeff" is juvenile and dangerous, stuff like that is not something intelligent person would consider and the writer portrayed the main character as intelligent. Another weakness is DNA test mention without any follow-up. And of course as all BTB authors this one is also going the route of "stupid female/moralizing male" cliche. It is not as bad as over the top nonsense from Vandemonium or Saddletramp, but it is a major weakness that BTB authors exhibit on a regular basis. Another thing I don't understand - how hard is to read your own stories to avoid silly mistakes? If you cannot do that, get an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FINALLY .

A character thats an actual man

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story and I was rooting for you all the way through but there were problems that stopped it from being great for me. Her strident defense of it was only one time wore very thin. There was no dialog between them about the cheating beyond I was enamored of his attention. The cheating really made absolutely no sense as you describe a great marriage in which they were having good sex several times a week. When there is no problem for the cheater to point to then you have to have them own up to their selfishness if they want any attempt at reconciliation. She kept insisting he had to forgive her yet you offered nothing to us, the reader, in terms of why he should. Maybe that was intentional but it did not feel like it.

The whole plot of everyone being against him when he was the wronged party made the story feel off. There is no way that all those people would take her side against him, especially his own mother, no matter how hard you tried to argue for it during the story. It just felt... off.

There were a few missteps as well, like framing the AP. I can understand the desire but it was SO not worth the possible cost to him. You never gave Katy an opportunity to apologize in any meaningful way so she just came across as completely ignorant and such a shitty person when you really gave no supporting evidence for her to be that kind of person. Again, maybe you intended that as well but it felt like she was not real. Without giving us ANY reason for her betrayal it left a hole in the story. We can assume she was just a selfish bitch that wanted to have her cake and eat it too and her subsequent actions in the story certainly support that but you never put that out there by writing it or with dialog.

For me personally the best stories have what feels like genuine dialog between the main characters regarding the cheating event be it a BTB or RAAC. I vastly prefer BTB as I am completely against cheating just like Bill but if the dialog is well written with proper build up of plot I can get behind a good RAAC story. The weakness of this good story was that there was no revelation of why she chose to cheat, even if it was just because she wanted to.

And I need to add as I do on virtually all of these comments, that these cheating wives are beyond stupid. I cannot comprehend how they make the choice to destroy, in most cases. multiple families and a decades long relationship for a fuck. I love sex but how is it SO hot that you throw away a perfectly good 20+ years of marriage AND the rest of your life for it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Helluva ride. Stuck some landings I didn’t think could be stuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a sad little tale of a selfish and self centred guy who behaves like a 5 year old whose toy has been taken away. Difficult to find any sympathy for him.

greenman440greenman440almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, about a "normal" guy being crapped on, but doing the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Way to bend over backwards for the whore. One star!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"What a sad little tale of a selfish and self centred guy who behaves like a 5 year old whose toy has been taken away. Difficult to find any sympathy for him."

What a sad little comment from a selfish and self centered anonymous, who thinks like a 15 year old who takes the people they love for granted because they've never faced consequences. If your spouse brought you home a social disease or a child with another person, I'm willing to bet that you'd 'find some sympathy! The nice thing about this story is, Bill already came up with a perfect rebuttal for this attitude:

"I'm going to assume it wasn't some random guy she picked up in a bar. She had to have been flirting or accepting him flirting with her. There would be intimate touches, maybe some kissing and fondling, all leading up to the first time she had sex with him. All of those actions before the sex are betraying your spouse. You can't be in love with someone and show someone else intimate affection... One can't cheat on their spouse and love them. That's not an action of love, it's selfishness. Love is supposed to be selfless. When she became intimate with another man, she cast me aside.

GrowitGrowitalmost 3 years ago

Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

He should have pulled his head out out of his ass after the first mistake. He would have saved a twenty year marriage and a happy family.

Oh poor me... You hurt my feeling really bad. Let me make threats that will last the rest of your life.

I wouldn't a beer with that piece of work after he whined his story out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love how the comments are so polarized. That's what happens when a story loses its focus. The wife seduces a 21 year-old and makes sure the husband knows something is going on by showing a level of disrespect that can't be ignored. She not only poisons his relationship with his daughters, she also succeeds in getting his mother to refuse to talk to him to her dying day. So, we have a perfect BTB setup. But by the end, he's forgotten all that and wants her to be a part of his life. This makes one wonder why he couldn't have done that earlier.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

You should have found a way to forgive her for a one-time slip. It would have been abetter story. As written it is just a knock off 1000's of other stories. Boring and totally predictable.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Would have been a lot better as a reconciliation story. As written, it is no different than 1000's of other LW stories. Unoriginal, boring and predictable.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

It’s a good story. Katy cheated, the consequence was divorce. BTB at any point would justify Katy calling him cruel, worsening the rift with his daughters.

If he’d excluded her at the wake, funeral, and lunch, some in the family would call him heartless. Choosing to allow her into the family circle showed more compassion than Katy showed him.

In the end, Bill behaved with class, showing the strength of his character. Excluding Katy would not honor his mother’s memory.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

It's easy for others to tell you what to do or think when divorce comes along. All you can do is try to remain civil. There is no reason to BTB the ex. Our man handled all this well except for setting the kid up with framing him for stealing a TV but then again the kid deserved it, you don't mess with another mans wife,

A little advice on divorce, you don't need a lawyer if you are civil with your ex. If you agree to division of property and the kids divorce will only cost you around $100 for filing the papers. You buy a Do-It-Yourself Divorce book. The book has all the papers you need with instructions. Today that's probably all on line with software you can buy. My divorce was back in 1982 when personal computers were just starting. Just check the WEB search for doityourselfdivorce

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

@dgfergie

That is precisely the head on the proverbial nail! Everyone is an 'expert' when it comes to divorces and it is sooo easy for everyone to just say "do this" or "do that", but if there is one thing a divorce is NOT then it's easy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One slip? If so, given the facts presented, she deserved a least a shot with her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. She changed too many beliefs to take her back. Sad , but best to put that part of the old life away

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I gave it 5 stars. But I thought the husband was way too forgiving, for the way wifey the slut, turned the daughters against him! May she rot in hell!

WittonWittonalmost 3 years ago

Below average for Loving Wives - and that is a really low bar to get over.

The author must have gone through the LW author's checklist: long term stable marriage. No hint of trouble in the marriage. The wife begins to act differently. The husband remains clueless until all of a sudden the truth becomes obvious, whereupon he declares that the marriage is over and sets about (1) ending the marriage legally, and (2) making life as miserable as possible for the wife.

In this piece the author cheats and has the wife's guilty behavior occur all in one weekend; it was completely impossible. Character development was even more lacking than is usual in LW - another low bar

The author has his hero set up the guy his wife cheated with to take a fall for a crime that wasn't committed; the "punk" was accused of stealing a TV set our hero bought from a competitor. The first thing the defense attorney would ask (if the prosecutor didn't do his homework it preparing the case before the trial actually took place) is "How do you know this TV set came from your store? Where are the shipping records showing it was delivered to your place of business?" TV sets have serial numbers, and the shipping documents would show them. Our hero would find himself in a shitload of trouble - making a false police report is a crime, and swearing to false information amounts to perjury.

There are no "minor" felonies - it is a felony, or it isn't. And in many states a first offense can bring probation and a wiping of the record clean if successfully completed

And of course our hero finds true love at the end - this is one of the absolute certainties of an LW story. like I said above the author followed a checklist and his only excursion into originality (the phony TV theft) was complete nonsense

Two stars only because single star scores are discarded, or so I have been led to believe

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
It may have been one incidence of penetrative sex...

...but apparently it’d been weeks of subterfuge leading up to it. Late nights at work? Sounds like an out or so of kissing and cuddling in the backseat, certainly to 2nd base, and maybe even to 3rd. No, it wasn’t “simply” one night.

If the boyfriend was 21y.o. why would he even apply, let alone get a position as the night manager of a retail store. At the grocery he had been at he, at the most, MIGHT have been working their for 3 years and be in charge of a section of the store, like the cereal, and chips and crackers.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

Just read your latest upload and it was far superior to this.

The characters here were wooden and the insta replacement younger woman killed it stone dead.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

Just to add.

Revenge.

In real life it can work out differently than wishful stories.

In this case, the kid has his future ruined gets turned into a hardcase inside and puts one and one together.

The end result is a couple of years later the oh so smart cuckold getting jumped and crippled one dark night.

Authors too often operate in a delusional bubble where characters can do what they want with zero repercussions.

The most common is the btb extremes.

God forbid one of my daughters turns out to be a slut, I would be mortified.

But....BUT if the guy she married and cheated on would think that gave him a free hand to hurt he would be incredibly mistaken.

Too many writers and readers on this site loose sight of reality and the real consequences of extreme actions.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

I don’t like how the author extracts and summarizes the MC decision to divorce because of a One time slip; as it wasn’t a one night stand! It was 2 people over a protracted period of time that purposefully engaged each other in acts of seductions that lead up to the so called one time slip. That one time slip would have become multiple “slips” if the husband had not confronted his spouse. Would the reader feel better about the husband decision after several weeks, months of the wife’s affair. When he confronted her if she had owned up to it and had a painful conversation about what happened there would have been more to this relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Missy should run like all the hounds of hell are after her. This guy is a one hundred percent self obsessed loser...aw did mommy get a quickie out of the house, well he turns out to be pathologically jealous and a psychopath. Fitting up a young guy (pretty lame stuff as a plot as the serial number and inventories would not have matched, but hey it is a btb misogynist piece of crap anyway) is excusable is it?

And I thought maybe maybe this page it will get better and so read the whole sorry story ..one star

ctdansctdansalmost 3 years ago

After a second read I kind of like how he treated her at the end. He is showing her that he easily has moved on and she will see just how well off he is. Had he frozen her out it would look like he was really damaged and couldn't; get over her. This way he shows she can be near him and involved all she wants as it doesn't matter! He really doesn't care about her. She is done.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

forgiveness is not acceptance thinking this author or the MC doesnt know what that word actually means. ok story enjoyed it but fear that the new story is almost the same even has the same sentences in them

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

I just re-read your story. I'm not sure what I commented before, but setting the 'kid' up for a crime he did not commit was plain wrong. Especially for a man as principled as the main character was portrayed as being. I still gave you 5 stars.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

Know what you do when a slut's slut friends tell you its no big deal?

.

You believe them and hire their husbands a hooker

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

Same old same old, wife cheats is remorseful, hubby ego’s bruised so he finds “younger girlfriend” and the fact that it was one slip after decade or more of being together he divorces the wife. No counseling or therapy just get out. Never happens the other way around. Always the guy has to be forgiven. Can’t believe a guy, under these circumstances, would not fight for his family at least make an attempt to get past it. But then these type of stories are written by self righteous Neanderthals.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

So all these haters saying he should've forgave her well let's hope it happens to u and see how u feel about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

timmy - You speak of self righteous Neanderthals, the old saying 'it takes one to know one' seems to fit here. Besides, you need to really pick a point and stick with it. You say he should have fought for his family and didn't yet wouldn't a 'neanderthal ' do just that? Keeping in mind that this IS FICTION I can only assume that since the deed was already done there was little to fight for. I have only read two of his stories but have enjoyed both.

Thank you for your tales IABH. Bringing the ex up to sit with the family was what I did at my mothers funeral. They loved each other, she belonged there.

somewhere east of Omaha

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

page 1

"Forty year old guys don't get a second chance at love."

Bull fucking shit they don't. Decent looking forty year old guys with a steady job are a hot commodity. Forty year old women are the ones who should be worrying - unless they like sixty year old men without a big bank account.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Page 1

And the turd didn't immediately visit his hurt at work employee at the hospital. Dipshit.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

In his defense, I remember about a year or two ago Timriv said something manly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

It wasn’t a slip it was planned and deliberate and she was brazen about it, who would stay with that.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

A real life story except the tv.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Timriv sounds like a little wimpy cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The reason for divorcing is valid, but the main character is a little child in an adults body. Made it really hard to feel any sympathy for him…I think it was very telling that his wife cheated on him with a child as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Although her death prompted a reconciliation with his children for which he was grateful, I find it difficult to imagine Bill did not have great bitterness toward Katy because his mother was estranged from him at the time of her passing. So much was left unsaid between mother and son. Katy bears much of the responsibility for that sad and unalterable fact with which Bill must live for the rest of his days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

But did she cheat only once? No one knows. She lied and lied until caught. She only confessed what she had trouble denying. Then there is the disrespect and disregard for her husband. He was right, she ignored him. The opposite of love is indifference, and that's what she showed him during her affair.

Her campaign to lie to her children in order to manipulate him back to her? Unforgivable. She even employed his mother, or at least didn't stop her. I don't think I'd forgive the cheating, but if I did....and that's a big IF....the manipulation after the divorce would 100 percent kill that slim chance. She may or may not be a whore. But what she is for sure, is a cunning and evil woman that has no empathy for others if it benefits her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OK, sure, why not? Marriage is a daily evaluation of its quality and your options. Great marriage, no compelling alternative? Stay married. Destroyed marriage, manipulative unrepentant whore wife trying to destroy his fatherhood, and a younger virtuous devoted woman ready to take the whore's place? How long do you have to decide which is the better option? I'd say give Katy a second chance in a heart beat, following the divorce, with a prenup, extensive counseling, a lie detector test to discern how many men she fucked how many times, and if there's nothing better on the horizon. Then maybe, yeah.

But she threw him right into the arms of a better woman. Did she think she was married to a dumb ass? Apparently, yes, if she thought she could get away with so blatant disrespect and adultery. I give Katy's second marriage less than 5 years, and that's generous.

A decent story about a tragically selfish stupid woman. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Would have been better if Bill had just sent his daughters the link for his mom’s Obituary and informed of them of their college funds and not reconciled with them either. make the final arrangements and skip all of it since none of them wanted him around. After months of the daughters not responding he should have stopped reaching out as they had completely rejected him.

Since his mom never apologized, Bill should have kept his word and told Kathy’s new man about her cheating and turning his daughters and even his own mother against him. If you are going to forgive make sure the cheating ex does some penance first.

You are a good writer and the site needs more them, I just hope you write a story where the wronged husband walks away after the divorce and family make him out to be the bad guy.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Katy for what ever reason destroyed a 20 year marriage, tried to turn Bills daughters, his mother and inlaws against him in a effort to get him to reconcile. I guess no number of what ifs would have stopped her from breaking her wedding vow and destroying her marriage. It is funny, no sad that these cheating wife stories always find the wife regretting the cheating and think that that husband should just turn a blind eye and forgive her. Missy however saw the value in Bill that Katy apparently didn't and she got her prize. Katy now can live with her regrets and the thoughts of what she threw away, and for what, a cheap thrill. I like your stories, whether I agree with them on how they play out or not you are a good writer and I look forward to reading more of your stories. Well done 5 stars

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
Second reading and enjoyed the story even more

Your protagonist is a strong character and you refused to make him anything else.

Good for you Mr. Author

kiteareskitearesalmost 3 years ago

Ending felt rushed, like "I've had enough, I want to start my next project." I know that feeling :)

Other than that I enjoyed it.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One and done....that’s the only outcome. Once the trust is gone the love and respect follow. The relationship will never be the same. If you like living with less then go ahead and forgive and move on with your marriage light.

I for one would never be able to accept that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Timriv you need to pay attention. If your wife sees that your not watching her and her bull from your chair by the bed you are going to get spanking.

Just admit that you are a beta cuck move on.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

This story got a lot of comments, that usually means it hit a few nerves. Well done, IABH. While it may be true that wife was “sorry” for fucking the youngster, I can’t help but wonder if she’d continued to fuck him if he hadn’t been a dud? Timriv and others say you don’t throw away a 20+ years marriage over one slip. Well, that depends on the “slip.” A drunken “heat-of-the-moment” type of random encounter is a “slip.” If the spouse is truly remorseful and regretful and demonstrates those feelings, MAYBE, the marriage could be saved. However, Flirting for weeks and building up to a planned encounter with all the necessary lying and scheming is not a “slip!” She dolled herself up and bought new clothes for her planned Rendezvous. Then add to that, she lied and schemed to turn his family against him in an effort to crush his will and make him buckle under? No, there is no chance for redemption. Had he caved, she would have seen it as a victory and he would be just another hapless cuckold watching her fuck around again and again.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 3 years ago

Fell flat. You had a 5* and stumbled to a 3* with that ending. I get the reconciliation at the wake and funeral, but after what his daughters revealed about what the mom did and said that made them not contact him and hate him was EVIL. You don't just forgive and gloss over that. Plus, does anyone REALLY believe it was just one time? She was acting strangely for weeks. She would have had to have already done something to boldly dress up and go out with out him on a Friday night.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

People don't have to reconcile, but at least give the main character some damn therapy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

timriv, go back to your first wife you hypocrite

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! MC was a class A prick. What a stupid story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

One slip. No long term affair. Irrational behavior by the wife over guilt. Regrets by the wife. This is always a tough call after 18 years of marriage.

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

Premeditated marriage murder. There are those who say something dead can rise again but who would be satisfied with a decaying zombie husk of a resurrected relationship?

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

A 40-ish woman who gets all dolled up for an arranged date and walks past her husband to then fuck a 21 year-old in the Back Seat of His Car and come HOME to shower afterwards is either irretrievably stupid or just insane.

It is worth pointing that out to each person asking him to forgive her. Also, she showed NO remorse until 2 days later when she was reminded of Fathers Day and his birthday.

I don't think the urgers has thought that through -- this was not a 24-hour fugue state but a multi-week emotional affair, even if she only actually fucked him once.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - I really like this story.

If I were faced with a similar situation, it would have gone the same way the MC chose.

However, I would not have been so nice to the ex-wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There are good reasons folksy advise waiting for approval tike after a divorce or the death of of a spouse before one begins an other intimate relationship. Sooner or later, Bill and Missy will pay the price for ignoring this familiar maxim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It never ceases to amaze me.....

How women look at themselves or a friend cheating, vrs being cheated on. You would think after two decades fighting to get equal rights, woman would be able to look at their actions critically. But as my wife once told me” We only want to be liberated, when it benefits us!”

Ain’t it the truth! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

you are the biggest wimp on the planet, it seems to me you wanted everyone to feel sorry for you , most parents back the kids no mater what , they sure would not take the side of their daughter in law the cheating whore over her blood related son , his mother was a low life piece of shit . he get him a good woman and he wants the cheating whore ex wife to be a part of his new family, what a fucking wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She cheated divorce was inevitable really he couldn’t forgive her BUT that doesn’t give him the right to move on but demand she doesn’t as he will ruin every relationship she tries to start He wanted the divorce so has no say in her future. Yeh I know she did move on but almost only with his approval. I’m not a cheat I have too much respect for my partner esp after 18 years if we split an he tried to interfere in any future relationship he would regret it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anonymous below: you didn't pay attention. He only threatened to do that as long as she kept making everybody shut him off. He actually should have done it, she never set the record straight with his mother. Bitch.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Nice story, but I gave it just 3⭐s. While I am sure it felt good to have taint Jeff's life, any decent investigation will have uncovered that Bill is the divorced husband of the woman that had a fling with Jeff. Which, probably, have provided plenty of 'reasonable doubt' to avoid a conviction. Perhaps, even enough to have negative consequences fall upon Bill. Not only criminal, but civil as well. If that story bit was left out or written better, then this would have been 4 or 5⭐s story.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story and the hero is a real man. Bill are right about where the line for cheating. 1,2,5 or 10 times? Definitely a 5 star ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I will never agree that a real man abandons his children because he got his feeling hurt or was wronged in some way. MCs that throw temper tantrums and let their children suffer the fallout just because they are mad are NOT a real man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Only in America . Our children are so spoiled and crippled / The 16 y/o car issue alone is criminal Considered the " right of passage " Never mentioned at the Global warming accord . / It is never on the table as excessive , and a abuse of there necessary Parental based ego centered > co-2 foot print . There college , why are the parents so involved in there Life choices , We have destroyed Our trade schools that gave them options on , why they still exist in other nations around the world Gov. funded . Web have turned our children into lemmings , narcistic self absorbed / ego centered monsters .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked pretty much everything except the Jeff treatment. It just didn't seem to belong.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories