All Comments on 'Was It All Worth It'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 451 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Its not just a slip...a slip is doing it in a drunken moment with no forethought or any preplanning... and knowing u will never repeat it again! This was not one slip..it took planning..the tanning hair salon.. etc etc..this was premediated!..... and whats the ppoint of saying the loverboy was pathetic? is that an excuse.? what if he was a great lover in bed and gave her multiple orgasms? Would she have stopped then? So no...i agree with the actions of the MC... a good story! five!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Every choice, good or bad, has a cost.

And bad choices seldom get do-overs.

Some people never find that out until it's far too late to matter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know he had to screw the kid over. I absolutely do. I just don't like when someone is punished for something that's a lie. I would have started by telling his mother. I know that doesn't sound like much, but screwing up his family relationships would have been more appropriate. As things stand now he is free in his own mind to keep breaking up marriages, The TV thing doesn't seem to him to have anything to do with his own behavior, it's just something unfair that happened to him.

Il ne regrette rien. ( that's my Piaf reference)

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

Id still hire a hoker to fuck Katys dad just so you could tell her bitch mother it was only one time

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

WOW!!! A HUSBAND THAT DEFENDS HIMSELF !!! This is an absolutely fabulous Well written well crafted and a well-thought-out story. In so many of these types of stories the entire family gangs up against the husband.... And the reader gets frustrated because the husband never defends himself and never says anything to the people who are crapping on him.

.

But in this case the husband stands his ground and is able to fire back some effect of salvos against the extreme hateful attacks being waged against him.

.

Cheating on your husband on his birthday and on Father's Day Cannot be and never will be and should not be accepted as an act of love.

.

Anything else is just noise

saxman1947saxman1947almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story very much. There were very few typos and grammar errors to disrupt the flow.

However, you made a double redundancy. A very rare occurrence usually only encountered when someone is doing it on purpose for sarcasm or irony.

"...bantered back and forth with each other." Banter is defined as "talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way." It was unnecessary to add "back and forth". That was the first redundancy. Then you added "with each other". Also unnecessary and a second redundancy. It was clear from the context who was bantering. No further explanation was necessary.

I gave you five stars anyway. Finding that error gave me great pleasure.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed your story. Thanks for taking the time to share your writing.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

The writing was ok but this story has been done to death.

The insta replacement girlfriend was as always telegraphed and the rest of the story became irrelevant after the first time the Missy character appeared.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fuck'em, I can't understand why he would waste the energy calling them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 stars

Not a bad guy at all. One and done.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

It was a good story, but it ended really abruptly. Did he end up marrying Missy? Did they have more kids together? How did Katy react when her ex-husband started a new family with a woman 10 years younger than herself? I think all that would've been more relevant to the story than dwelling on his mother's death. If you'd finished this properly, it would've been great and scored significantly higher.

Regarding the funeral, I doubt Bill would ever forgive Katy for turning his mother against him. His mom died while they were still estranged, all due to his selfish slut wife cheating on him, then manipulating his family to force his forgiveness. He should've banned the evil bitch from the funeral for all the pain she caused him and his mother.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No need to stay with a cheater especially when you have a replacement ready. But why dress like she did and only have sex in a car? At least get a room.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It wasn't a 'one-time slip' though.

It was a full blown affair. Maybe....maaybbbbe the sex only happened once. But a lot of flirting and emotional cheating took place. And....she only got caught once. If she was so deep in the affair fog she forgets father's day AND his b-day....she's absolutely going to continue cheating until she gets caught.

Add to that...she was getting snippy with him and downright mean. She was withholding sex too. So no, it's not JUST the affair. She broke every other vow on the way to her young lover's room. Shit, the guy is 21. Is no one gonna call her out on being a predator? Just because it's technically legal doesn't make it less creepy.

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

A well used plot but sadly nothing new, in fact most of this version was frankly boring, far too much needless detail on unnecessary action, eg. Who gives a fuck where he goes for breakfast or what he orders, OK, sometimes little snippets like that can add to a story, flesh it out or allow a needed pause in the action, but the basic storyline and writing has to be at least a little interesting in the first place, I'm afraid this was just bland. In the end I didn't care one way or the other what happened to anybody concerned, not one charecter to relate to, in fact I was somewhat hoping something terribly bad might occur to any one of them to pique my interest, then when mom died I still couldn't care less.

Two glaring issues stood out for me: the wife's date. A frequently used scenario but does it actually ever really happen? Is any woman really that stupid to think she'll get away with it? I can only deduce that women in America somehow have most of their brain cells removed upon getting married. Secondly: how does our hero always have the perfect woman lined up immediately he gets divorced, at least he didn't suddenly become some sex god and find the cure for cancer.

Overall the writing was good but nothing original and quite a chore to keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Her cheating was bad enough but her behavior "to keep him" (intentional alienation of his family) was so absolutely wicked; THIS does not deserve forgiveness (IMO this is because of the chonology of the story the more malicious deed).

Writing itself is pretty good!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

How would this story have gone if Missy hadn’t been there?

The hotter, younger replacement is an LW standard, but everything in this story was set up for reconciliation other than the presence of Missy. Then he committed a felony by framing the kid.

What was the point of this story? Was it that a one time outside fuck is unforgivable if you a a real man? That’s what I came away with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Grading on the curve I give you a 5

I love a happy ending but the Katy character makes no sense. How can you live with someone got 18 years without figuring out that she's a sociopath? You describe a warm boring couple in the beginning. Out of the blue the wife starts up with an affair with a kid close in age with their daughters. When the sex fizzles she doesn't try to reconcile with her husband.

Katy tortures her husband on his Father's Day/birthday. She deprives him of any affection from his family that day. Why was she seen with the kid after that weekend? She successfully turns his family against him. His mother dies without a chance to reconcile but Katy comes out ok because he's got Missy.

It should have been a 4 but I gave you a 5 because you are surrounded by willing cuckold stories. Thanks for your work.

reasonable man

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Not bad. It has a lot of very common themes for this type of story but it's well written enough to probably be well received. My only problem is the "discovery" of the affair. The whole Friday night scene is rather unlikely for the circumstances of the story. I won't say it could never happen but the way you developed the wife to that point would more than likely result in a discrete affair. The changes in the home still happen but the sex would be planned for a time that is more easily defended. She woupd be working late, get dressed at work and put her old clothes on after. She showed way way too much disrespect and contempt for how it went down and that wasn't supported. And before anyone says it, no her actions during the divorce and after weren't contemptuous. It was desperation. I don't fault the divorce (though I believe counseling could have helped) you have to live with yourself and he felt he couldn't if he stayed. The wife was a 40 year old woman, with 2 kids almost off to college. She was at the right age and life circumstances for that exact type of affair. It doesn't excuse it at all but it is a big reason why. When the veil of her self justification and delusion was removed she realized just what she lost and did whatever she thought could to make him come back. That part of the story I believe. It's probably the most believable part. -ss77

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreeneralmost 3 years ago

It wasn't just a one time slip, she was very disrespectful and she did forget his birthday. She should have been more remorseful and he should have forgiven her. Tough call

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 3 years ago

Given the many advertisements for Fathers Day, it is just not possible to forget Father's Day.

Yes, Bill, you are an asshole. Cheating is bad, but it is childish to not give the wife a nd mother of your children the opportunity to at least talk and understand what had happened. Bill come across as judgmental, self-centered and incapable of having empathy. The wife was wrong, but his wrong does not make things right.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

It doesn't matter what kind of guy others think you to be, the best decision for you is the one that only you can decide. This was a very good story and you are a very good writer. I cried several times, especially when his mom passed. I know that some day I will face that loss, and I dread it. I didn't like the television fake theft thing however,

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Good story, good ending. Not a BTB or a RAAC. But a touch of realism l suspect.

Well worth 4/5

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"I was excited and thought I might get the ultra-rare anal sex on my upcoming special day." - BOTH parties either enjoy anal sex or they don't. If they do, then it shouldn't require a special day. If they don't, then they shouldn't do it at all.

\

He should go stay in a hotel Sunday night, let them come home to an empty house. What do their daughters think about blowing off his B'day AND Father's Day? Are they aware of their mother cheating and approve?

\

I would go for the divorce. His kids are old enough that child support isn't a big issue. Besides, it's not just the cheating, it's the disrespect - getting fucked Friday night was bad enough, but fucking him over on his big day was like pissing in his face.

\

I knew Missy was pissed at her mother because Missy's husband probably cheated on her.

\

I wouldn't be so easy on the daughters. Why didn't they tell their mother to wait for him?

\

"I was breaking my vows too by not staying with her in the worse times." - "For better or for worse" means when the "worst" happens TO you, not when YOU'RE the cause of the worst.

\

So she only fucked the kid once, but how about everything else? I don't care if it WAS because of her shame, if anything she should have made a BIGGER deal out of his big day, not blow it off.

\

Soon, the daughters will be looking for help with college and wedding expenses. Call me mean, but I'd tell them to ask their mother and grandmothers.

\

"They are afraid you won't pay for school." - Heh, as I said!

\

"Daddy, we're sorry too. Please forgive us for being bitches." - You'll have to stop being bitches first.

\

The girls came around too fast. It's one thing to realize they were wrong and apologize, but to be so thrilled and enthusiastic about their father's new girlfriend? Not so fast.

\

"Some would say I should've forgiven her for a one-time slip, but I just don't have it in me." - Again, MAYBE if it had ONLY been the one-time slip, but blowing off his b'day and Father's Day made it unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

i think there should be a part 2 to where missy moves away and bill and katy gets back together but do do not marry again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why is cheating a one time slip? That's bull shit. There were other cheating things that happened before the "one time slip". Just an excuse for a woman that wanted to be a slut. Then she lied to her family about the circumstances. No this woman is truly demented and will continue to cheat on the next guy.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Would have liked the story to end a little later in your timeline, but we’ll told. 5*

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

well done. very good story without BTB and without RAAC. 5⭐

a divorce, then each one rebuilds their life.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

If you wanted to make a sympathetic husband, you failed.

What a fucking whiner. No fucking wonder she cheated on him.

And this bullshit where she did everything wrong…really? She forgot his birthday AND Father’s Day despite mentioning it twice?

Come the fuck on.

As if she didn’t see any goddamn advertisements for Fathers Day.

Now then, fun fact. Courts don’t really care about adultery.

I know, I know, you’re the author and in your world they do: do you care about abuse? Spousal violence? I noticed that you didn’t mention how he assaults her on the daily.

Wait, what do you mean that’s not in your story? Sure it is, you just have to read between the lives. Or the fact that he molested his daughters. Wait, that’s not there either? Sure it is. Because it’s about as believable as the rest of the crap you’re selling.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 3 years ago

People aren't built the same.

In most instances, a person will forgive their spouse for adultery - it may shock some true hardliners here, but the majority of people simply do not want to deal with a divorce, and, frankly, I can understand where they're coming from. The thing is, though, I'm of the mindset that any relationship where one of the partners needs to find validation outside of it isn't much of a relationship to begin with. Like Bill, I'm an one-and-done kind of guy - don't see the point of trying to salvage any union where I've been so disrespected. And let's not deny that Katy, by an actions, completely disrespected her husband, and for a long time too. She may have slept with the kid once, but this was hardly a mistake - this was a planed betrayal that just didn't turn out her way, and ultimately blew up in her face.

Some people can forgive this... but the rest of us can't. This is why you should always really think about it before going ahead and becoming a cheat.

Bill is a truly solid guy for treating his wife, towards the end of it, like he did - sure, it was the right thing to do, but, given how she turned most of the women in his life against him, it would have been understandable if he didn't feel like being nice to her during his mom's funeral.

Finally, I found it strange that the author felt the need to still giving us a BTB towards Kate's AP. I mean, no sympathy for the kid - you go after someone else's wife, you best be ready for some retribution. It just felts like it came out of nowhere, especially given that the guy, as dumb as he seems to be, should have known that finding a job where his last paramour's ex happened to be running the show would turn out to be an extremely bad idea... But yeah - people can be that dumb. The whole of 2020 proved that without question...

Great story to counterbalance the usual dread we get everyday, around here. Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

2 stars because of how quickly the daughters changed and all was forgiven after his mom died. I also didn’t care for his bringing Kathy into the fold and trying to make her feel comfortable and a part of the family at the wake, funeral, and restaurant.

The rest of the story felt real to life even though the married for 18 years with an 18 year old daughter creates the question did they want to get married or have to get married.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

A valid point when he asked where the line is drawn - one, two, five. At least she didn't throw his ego into the mix. Hope he and Missy are happy.

Hblack00Hblack00almost 3 years ago

Who dresses up to make out in the car? As foreplay maybe, but not the main event. Something more went on.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Tropes! Memes! Cliches! Stereotypes! LW is like a huge behemoth that drives itself on tropes, memes, clichés and stereotypes! Yes, I'm guilty, too.

.

Emerging now, we see the strident, unbendable husband who eschews ALL contact relating to the cheating wife, even at the expense of sheer, human nature credibility. This is the corollary of the wife that is suddenly changed into a (usually large) cock-hungry, sex-machine by the Martian Slut Ray. Someone wrote "this guy" into a story, so now he's a cookie-cutter character for a LW Cheating Spouse BTB Story. He's the card-carrying not-a-cuck.

.

I'll wager that 99.9999999% of all normal people would at least listen to VM messages. Probably 95% of all spouses would at least sit down and talk it out, and I find it difficult to believe that any of those other 5% would still be in a marriage, because they've obviously got some deeper issues.

.

The story is good. My strong reaction is a testament to the story, the plot and your writing. You missed a hell of a good opportunity to focus on his inner conflict concerning working this out with his wife. Too conveniently, there was a younger, pretty woman to cushion his fall, so perhaps he was just "trading up" and used this as an excuse.

.

Good writing takes place in the gray; anyone can write a black/white story. I think a good rewrite of this piece - not necessarily with a different ending - would really improve it. Keep writing!!!

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Pretty good story and was well laid out. If there was a negative the Katy in the beginning just couldn't be the Katy in the end but that is the author's prerogative. I gave it 4* but felt it was a bit stronger like 4.25. Keep writing, I'll read your next one too.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 3 years ago

A second comment. One of the consequences of Bill refusing to talk to his wife meant that we were also denied an explanation of the cheating. For all we know, maybe a date-rape drug was involved; perhaps wife was having a legitimate problem with Bill. We will never know.

Thus, an unsatisfying story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story, really well done. 5* for me.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

5*****

That was an excellent story and so very real. People often say they should forgive a one-time slip, but when you think about the way she continued to blame him without remorse, it's hard to think he could get past that. Very well told!

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Some people can forgive infidelity, others can't. I believe you have to look at the circumstances. Was it deliberate and planned, or was it spontaneous? Was it done fully conscious and sober, or was their drugs or alcohol involved? Was their coercion? In this case although it was only a single time, it was deliberate and planned. That makes it very difficult to stay in a relationship and try to repair it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was okay but pretty much by the numbers. My biggest problem is everything happened so fast. The wife not only cheated with no foreplay, but she rubbed it in his face by dressing up and not even trying to hide anything. Then she won't speak to him for days, then all of a sudden she's bawling because she forgot his birthday. It didn't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Solid effort. No new ground, but trod it very effectively.

4****

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryalmost 3 years ago

This was great. Hope you keep writing. 5*

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Nice to see an author address the light switch allegiances and emotions of the family surrounding the troubled couple. Usually is just fades away like the bullshit script of a daytime soap

NathanGarrettNathanGarrettalmost 3 years ago

You wrote an excellent story...realistic. Good job. That being said when a cold calculating cheat doesn't really feel the pain it needs to be finished. BTB. Sorry, YOU DID AN EXCELLENT JOB OF EVOKING THIS READERS EMOTIONS. really good...It's like I need an offset for how u made me feel. Keep writing!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Some would say I should've forgiven her for a one-time slip, but I just don't have it in me."

Actually he did forgive her, he just didn't stay married to her. That is actually more than I would have done. The unforgivable was lying to the children to destroy their relationship. There is just no path back from the way this woman behaved.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

It is not my responsibility to evaluate your writing style. Just the plot of your story and the way you deal with your protagonists count for me. Even if others believe that your main character would not have acted everyday, I am of the opinion that such men also exist. They are at home in their moral values ​​and have oriented their lives accordingly. Loyalty is a value that is a break-point for many men, even today. For them, a cheater is a person who has violated the deepest beliefs and therefore forfeited all rights to somehow excuse his actions. Yes, unfortunately our society is more and more inclined to question why someone did something. Seldom does anyone ask how the person affected by this act is coping with it. We very often look for a justification for the perpetrator without admitting to the actual victim that he has every right to decide how he wants to deal with the perpetrator in the future. If he decides to break off all contact with him, then it is only his decision that no one has to comment. That's why I like your protagonist so much. He has decided and he lives with his decision! Well done!

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 3 years ago

Though I'm more of a reconciliation type, I have no problem with you out come...but, she cheated with a subordinate and then so did he. To get even with the guy, he hires him, sets him up and then fires him, all that proved nothing. Katy's attitude was what really did her in. The bullshit with Missy was just that bullshit, 'Stay the hell away from my man, bitch. You threw him away and I picked him up.' If nothing else, that was simple assault.

No matter what the future holds for this sorry bunch, they are all in for dismal futures.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

Well written story. None of the characters were superhuman without foibles. Thanks.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
It was not a one time mistake

The wife set it up to let the young kid get into her panties.

perrymichaelsperrymichaelsalmost 3 years ago

havent read all the comments, but for what it is worth a solid 5+ .All stories dont have to be torrid sex, some of the most intriguing are like this. I absolutely loved it , mostly for its believability .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed it. Not really new, but after reading a few thousand stories, that’s to be expected. I felt a kinship with the MC until he did the pissy thing with the young guy his wife fucked. He didn’t rape her, she went along willingly. Just walk into the interview room and let him know who your and watch him beat a hasty retreat. Maybe keep track of him and send a quick note to his future employers about him fucking married co-workers. As to forgiving the Ex for cheating, well you divorced her ass so let it go. As to forgiving her for what she did to your daughters and mother? NEVER!

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

AMEN. And they all had boring lives (aka. Not interesting lives) ever after.

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Would take a unique group of people or for the stars to align perfectly for the Katy-Missy-daughters-dad thing to work out so well, but I applaud the story.

5*

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 3 years ago

Ok. But the title has little to do with the story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 3 years ago

WOW!!!!!

A brand new Author that writes with morals and justice in mind instead of writing shit cuckold stories and emasculating a boyfriend or husband. I am very impressed. I am sure that the RAAC and CUCK folks will hate you.

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 3 years ago

She only fucked around once, but she was guilty of first-class marriage destruction with the way she treated hubby at the time. However, he was guilty of felonious actions with the sleazy way he treated her young lover. Neither one of them is a person to like, but he could go to jail for what he did, and she could not.

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I hated this story.

No one comes out of it well. His wife cheated. It happens. He criminally has an innocent man arrested for theft. His daughters can't hink for themselves. Missy is an opportunistic bitch, too.

Several people have commented that it is well written. It has errors, but is not as bad as many. However the writer can't do dialogue, at all. People simply don't talk the way he has them do. Listen to real people talking!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"What if it's not an affair? What if it was only once? Can't you forgive her for just one time?"

See, this is where cheaters try and convince you and others around them that they made a one-time mistake, like over drawing the checking account. When in actuality the cheater made a multitude of shitty decisions, ie "bad mistakes" that got them into a place and a mind set where they believed that they were entitled to having sex with someone else. People cheat because they give themselves permission to cheat. Cheating is a multi-step process of betrayal where one person in a relationship makes a series of unilateral decisions with no thought or regard to their spouse or how those decisions will impact the physical, emotional and psychological well being of their spouse. Cheating is much more than just a sex act that has no meaning in the rationalizing mind of the cheater. Which begs the questions if its so meaningless then why do it in the first place. Because they can.

Dlh143Dlh143almost 3 years ago

He’s a pussy. She should have been banned from the funeral because she alone is responsible for the rift with his mom. Katy is a lying slut who used his kids and family against him to cover up her cheating.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Sorry this was literally every damned story like this that came before. From the moment she walked down the stairs and he said "I must have forgot we were going out, Ill go get changed" right to the bottom of page 2, it was the usual, by the numbers tedious cliched story.

The kids turning on him, his mom turning on him...you did a great job of hitting on every tired trope there is out there. I made the end of page 2 and walked away. Nothing original, nothing new, just a tired and worn out xerox copy of others stories.

Sorry this is a 2 at best. I cant imagine how you padded this creature out to 4 pages but evidently lots of people dont mind wasting time.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 3 years ago

Well written, no seals, spys, private eyes, or terrorists, etc.. Just real life and a man of principals who lives by them(mostly?). A little cliche in his new women - meeting younger, hotter, in love forever wifely type so quick, but I can forgive that. The MC acted as we hope men would act. The only place he slips is his vengeance on the young man, that was not in keeping with his character and I didn't care for that part. True the young man deserved some vengeance, but framing him for a crime and seriously handicapping his life going forward - over kill.

Our society is building a culture where we are teaching kids "it's not your fault" or "you have not responsibility for your actions". The wife is totally at fault, no one forced her to bang the kid, then glossing over wanting him to forgive her, not willing to take responsibility for her failures by trying to force him to forgive her, pressure from the family, etc. Spending half a day and dressing up to bang the kid in the car, then coming home to shower with her hair up in pony, tell me more about that ocean front property in Arizona.

Then turning his mother against him, I would have to have dealt with the harshly for his mother and ex. Her dying, not able beg his forgiveness, that is the hope anyway, was her punishment. The daughters, hopefully they learn too.

This was a good story, well worth the 5* I gave it. Just a slice of life that is realistic.

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story! Will be looking for more great tales in the future

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 3 years ago

Good story! Yes he is self destructively rigid but I know people like him. The daughters were implausibly cruel to dad and it’s never a good idea, plot wise, to have the wronged husband immediately find Ms. Right but these are mere quibbles.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Slightly off topic:

A reader wrote me and asked:

"Reed Richards wrote "It Was Just The One Time", based on the comments no one liked the fact the cheating whore went unpunished. He wrote a sequel wherein the man she cheated with was punished, most liked it.

I did not like the fact the wife went unpunished still. Moreover, while I don’t mind when the cheater’s lover is punished (so long as the lover was aware they were engaging in cheating) it always bothers me when the SPOUSE escapes punishment. After all the cheaters lover did not violate any promises made in marriage. Why punish the cheater’s lover but not the cheater themselves?

I had just read a story about a really pathetic cuck, and had the notion that this guy deserved to be punished as well for not dropping the hammer on the cheating whore. And what better way to punish someone than to have their own revenge go sideways?"

I did not answer the e-mail, because I wanted to keep my real name anonymous, and my e-mail address reveals it. So, here it is: you know who you are, so in the famous words of Linda Ronstadt, "Hit me with your best shot, fire away!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was good . Sad . the cheater was left with just memories . I would have done the same thing - the idea that It was just one time is pathetic ! All of the excuses are just nonsense - " I just got caught up the passion " and " I felt awful right afterwords ." What the hell is wrong with these people . I was in a sexless marriage for 7 years but I never looked out side of my marriage . It was hard but I endured . When I told her I wanted a divorce she was shocked . That's when I mentioned the fact that we had had sex only 4 times in the past year and when we did she just would just lay there like a starfish . One time I asked her if she wanted to do her nails she just said no !

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Not bad the good guy won and the ex-wife didn't win. There will be those who say one slip can be forgiven. But the wife’s cheating was calculated and executed and then to try and hide it and then not confess. The husband in the story did the right thing.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

He wasn’t rich or anything…just a decent guy. Very easy to relate to. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5* Nice story! I kind of enjoy the ones that don't go nuclear, but also don't wimp out. I also appreciate a story that is not full of cuckolding and weird perversions! I only found one literary flaw: It seems unrealistic that both of his daughters would go from "scathing hate" to "loving daughters" within about three short sentences during the little vignette at the park-bench-on-the-lake.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 3 years ago

A pretty good, well told story for me. Nothing outlandish, even fairly realistic.

Some couples reconcile after a (discovered) one-time slip, some don't but there is pain in any case.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

She deliberately went on a date with a kid and had sex with him. Then turned the whole family against her husband. She deserves far worse.

jflindersjflindersalmost 3 years ago

I don't understand why people see him not forgiving his wife as a matter of right and wrong.

If a man marries to trust that his wife will love him, care for him and make him happy, one time screwing another man with no being subtle about what she's about to do will ruin his hopes of her being able to provide those feelings forever. If he can't ever trust and be happy again, then the marriage is over. Telling him he should forgive misses the point completely.

She's broken the marriage agreement. All he's doing is accepting that it is broken.

The daughters at their ages really didn't deserve his forgiveness, but he'd probably be happier having them in his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent in every way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There's something wrong with Whackdoodle..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This conversation must have been with the typical weak, needy, LW cuck: "She may have cheated on me, but I was too much of a pussy to forgive her at the time. It took seven years, but we got back together after I got my head out of my ass. We're happy now."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your protagonist was a first-class asshiole from the begining. I can only hope he slips sometime in a supposedly unforgiven way. Would love to see a follow story in which he "slips" and has to deal with it. As someone who's been married to my wife for 44 years, I would never act to her as he did to his. Giving this 1 for Jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Doesn't belong here.....

This is LITERATURE...and good literature, I liked the story....but it isn't EROTICA. What has happened to this site!?!?!?!?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bill committed a felony when he set up the unsuspecting boy friend and ruined his life with a lie, instead of confronting him face to face. Bill is the lowest of the low, spineless, dishonest, self-serving, surprised he kept a wife that long, he quickly took advantage of a single mother in his employ.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

Re: Blowing off Father's Day and his B'day. Much was made at the beginning about how diligent she was with dates, with her dry erase calendar and all, so she COULDN'T have simply forgotten, it HAD to have been a deliberate slap in the face, on top of her "in your face" cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Boring and predictable. Nothing new. Nothing interesting.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Garth Outd say, you have to Dan e the dance . Great story

BigJim48BigJim48almost 3 years ago

*4 but could have been a *5 with a little retribution on the daughters! I understand the close relationships of the SLUT wife and the daughters while growing but not when it came to the cheating and lack of respect of the wife to the MC. That would/should have led to some kind of punishment - payment for college courses but not for room & board. Let them see what consequences come from their actions - if nothing more than to reinforce his decision to divorce a slut wife. I'm not sure that I would have been so conciliatory to the EX at the wake & funeral! It WAS NOT her mother that passed away still holding a grudge against her flesh & blood! NOPE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He was worse than she was, scarring an innocent man by setting him up for a felony, and the record that will follow him the rest of his life.

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

After being married for almost two decades he needed to forgive her and go to counseling maybe with the pastor at the church. It was one time and was a stupid mistake but we all make mistakes at one time or another. I was more upset with the wife and daughters missing Father’s Day and his birthday that was worse in my opinion. Missy liked him but I think was looking for a stable income type that wouldn’t cheat and would be a father to her kid. He went way overboard in his vitriol toward his wife and getting the 21 yr. old kid arrested and destroying his life. with a record his chances diminish dramatically.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112almost 3 years ago

Mirrors my personal perspective: One and Done. And it wasn't just the once. She mistreated him the entire week leading up, so she was planning it. Premeditated. She should have been burned more, imho.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 3 years ago

That was good, I liked it.

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

****Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Marriage reconciliation is more a matter of options than compassion. First, the wife showed no remorse or guilt until her betrayal and abandonment was blatant and irrefutable. Then there was Missy, ready and anxious to replace the cheating slut. Add the wife's conniving and lying to manipulate their daughters, versus Missy being open honest and forth rightful about her intentions, and Katy comes up looking like a really stupid selfish unethical woman. Why stay married to C- when you have what looks like A+ laying herself at his feet? And why should he believe the lying whore fucked the kid just one time?

But mainly Missy became the better option so he took it. Might go to the crapper like his first marriage. But to reverse a cliche', the loving loyal woman who might become a whore is better than the woman who's proved she is a lying deceitful manipulative slut. And this is what his Mom wanted him to stay married to? That doesn't make sense.

But most of it did. Good job creating a believable and reasonable story.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wwhile not new, you did a good job of raising the question about who's to blame and what are consequences. Truly in this blame the reaction rather than the cause world, this scenario is common.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was not a one time slip, it was a premediated and blatant slap in his face as a man and husband and father . It was carried out with evil intent .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Nice story 5 stars

The meeting of his girls with Missy was a huge bust for me. Totally unrealistic crap. In fact the reconciliation scene was poorly written. Work on that Author. The rest great.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

I really liked this story. It revoked real emotions like in a real life marriage. All the characters were nicely written and were believable. She cheated, he found out, was condemned for not forgiving her one time discretion, stuck to his resolve no matter what the cost. As the story unfolds, he did what he set out to do, divorce, her but lost his family and friends. After the divorce and his mother's death, his heart turns and forgiveness is given.... Nice job, keep up the good work.

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
A LOT OF EMOTIONAL WORDS GET PASSED DURING BREAK-UPS

and a funeral only brings them together until the burial while the questions and answers only adds to the confusion. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Booo, he still wimp out

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

Well done.

In many ways this was a typical cheating with consequences story.

In some ways it was refresingly not.

No crying like a baby.

(Some cry faced with betrayal, but most don't)

No doubting your manhood.

No wasted kindness on a cheater.

(Kindness is for kind people.

A boot up the ass is for betrayers)

Refreshing.

Thanks for the story IABH.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A good first story. Yes, this touched a lot of familiar bases, but did so well. And I like happy endings for the MC.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Very good story, but I'm missing the reason why she cheated at all. Was she seduced?What was she thinking?

The other point is. I do like the revenge on the kid, but I would like the kid to know why that happened to him. The kid should know why his promising life went downhill.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

One more point:

When he saw her on Friday and how she reacted with fear in her face, there would be no chance to let her go out alone. I would either ask her where she'll go to catch up on her later or follow her secretly (find the phone).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

gREAT STORY BUT ALSO SAD

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 3 years ago

Thanks for your time. Good story !can't wait for your next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The male character was not very likable, his wife slipped 1time after a long marriage and 2 grown kids. Yet he thru it al away because his ego was damaged. Why not try and reconcile and see a marriage counselor . Sad ending and break up. His mother was right

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories