All Comments on 'Was It All Worth It'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 455 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The cheating by his wife may have been only once but she then trashed his birthday/Father’s Day weekend and finally turned every member of his family against him!

I think he should have not told anybody in his family about his mother dying, banned them from the funeral and finally disowned his daughters thus ensuring that they got nothing from him to pay for their further education - maybe then the ex, her family & his ex-daughters would actually then admit they were in the wrong!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If your MC is the biggest asshole on this site you really have done something. You win the prize with this guy, made him a criminal and all because he couldn’t hold his woman the 21 years old should have his life ruined by this cuck? Bad characters means bad story.

vanyevanye4 months ago

@previous poster. Just wait until you get to the stories where the jilted husband becomes a murderer and torturer.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Daughter's future husbands are doomed. Ruined by a coddling daddy.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

He made the right move in dumping the cheating bitch. Turning his mother and daughters against him was just too much.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A highly emotional roller coaster, very well written and a compelling read but once again we are left with more questions than answers. Simply, why if she loved her husband so much did she treat him so abominably for an extended period of time? Even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and buy her story about it being a "One time slip" that doesn't excuse her deliberately trashing his birthday/fathers day then poisoning their daughters against him. Nor does it explain why she was so off with him for so long before the brown stuff hit the blades.

His mother was a different matter in that she was old enough to know better but made a conscious decision to betray him by favouring his cheating wife. JR

MisterPGMisterPG4 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️

It's a heavy story. Build-up was good, however the ending didn't release that tension. Although story is complete, it left me feeling like there should be more. 🤷

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So I'm one of the guys who think her one time slip and disrespect should have been forgiven with a bit of retribution. I know many very insecure guys would lable her a horible slut and whore but with 20 years of marriage some counseling could have made a difference. Somehere around a half of married wives have had a brief affair during their marriage even though they were kept secret. It's a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This guy has huge balls to dump a woman he was married to for 20 years for a single affair. Most men dont have the balls to dump a wife that cheated on them once.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

At anonymous who thinks the slut should have been forgiven because of 20 years of marriage good luck with that. It's the equivalent if giving dogs a treat everytime they poo in the house. The fact that people cheat without getting found out cannot be helped. One can only respond to the known otherwise after 20 years of marriage every man should toss a coin and either divorce or not based on that outcome considering that half the wives out there havr cheated so law of averages means that 25% of those outcomes would have been justified...

silverthorne16silverthorne163 months ago

I read here that some say that he should have forgiven the wife for her one-time slip. The thing is, what if she's lying and it was more than once? We only have her word for it, and she'd already shown herself to be untrustworthy. If he did forgive her, I'd at least hope that he made her sign a post-nup! The other point I'd like to make is that, when the MC had her lover in the cross-hairs, he should have found a way to force the kid to verify whether it was indeed a one-time thing, or if it had been more. If it had been more, and he now had proof, he could have let all family and friends know that the wife had lied about it. That might have made many, if not all of the people switch sides in the battle.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don’t get this whole forgiving thing since she only cheated once. First of all, she claimed she only cheated once but I think we all know if someone is willing to cheat then they are also willing to lie. Secondly, why did she treat her husband so bad for all those weeks both before the cheating and the small amount of time after? What did he do that was so bad? She never bothered to say why she cheated not that it would make a difference but if it were me then I would want to know. Thirdly, if you let someone get away with cheating then a couple of things happen. She loses all respect for you since you have proven you aren’t man enough to live without her or at least that is what she believes as well as showing her she can cheat whenever she likes because you don’t have the balls to dump her ass. You children are taught that it is alright to cheat once they get married and that men are only good to use for your wants and needs but in return you can ignore them and cheat and they have no recourse but to take it. I found it disgusting the way that every woman involved in the family decided to gather around Katy and take her side. If I had a mother who pulled that shit then I would go there so she couldn’t ignore me and tell her face to face that she no longer has a son. If she can throw me to the curb when I am at my lowest and then pile on with everyone else blaming me then who the hell needs her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

4 pages too long for cuck Bill to end it with his cheating skank wife. Billy bitch the loser

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This man's wife Katy, daughters, his cunt mother and Missy's mother were all bitches This was like Skanks United. The bitch wife should not have cheated, period! Why the fuck should he forgive her!! Who the fuck cares if it's 20yrs 2yrs, cheating is cheating. He was too fucking lenient with the two bitch daughters

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Anyway good riddance his mother died as she chose a cheating skank over her son

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

2 stars. Both Jill and Jenny were little bitches like their mother. They both plus his dead mother got away for mental cruelty to him

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

Some stories I rot for the couple to reconcile, but never when the cheating wife smears her husband's face in it by dressing in front of him to go out knowing she is dressing up for the guy she is cheating with.

She deserved everything she got!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good deep story but the last paragraph is correct if you love someone you should be able to forgive a single screwup

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

While love and sex can be combined, they can also be separated not all human animals are the same

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

WAS A 5 TILL MOM DIED

irinmikeirinmike3 months ago

Why are all the men in these stories wimps? Rather than talk through the problem they share with a long term wife, they run away. Not to say they need to immediately forgive an indiscretion, but talk it out rather than run away.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Enjoyable and well-told story. Slipping and falling on another guy's dick is forgivable for some, but not for others. In most marriages, the response should not be a surprise.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's not the divorce of itself that bothers some here, but how the husband handled it. Much of the kerfuffle could or would have been avoided had he handled it better. And, yes, even an offended spouse has a responsibility to his family to address the infidelity in an responsible manner rather than just walk away. Hearing out his cheating wife, and reasoning to get her to accept responsibility, prior to forgiving her is being responsible. It doesn't mean you have to stay married, but just be thoughtful in how to end it without creating a nuclear winter for family. The soon to be Ex was that way with his kids out of desperation which he could have prevented by working through it and getting an agreement about ending the marriage. She learns from her mistakes to move on, the children get emotional relief, and he is free to move on too. That is how the best authors deal with this kind of plot. The author could have elaborated his mother's argument about his reactions further before or after her death to elaborate the story line a bit more, but otherwise well told.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I dunno. I could probably forgive a one time slip but I can’t fault the husband for his choices. Good stories are a pleasure to read. Great stories caused you to think.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ho hum. Another cut and paste from a million other of these stories. The guy is such a jerk no wonder the wife was through with him. DNF

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

I got the impression that his mom was going to apologize when she croaked, before continuing

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Bill is a vindictive asshole. Can't feel sympathy for him. He is full of self righteous anger at everybody bit can't look at himself.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

To irinmike: the answer to your question is because talking won't un-eff the guy.

Assuming the spouse was in their right mind and not in the middle of a nervous breakdown or something, in my opinion, there is simply nothing to talk about. She has a choice to stay faithful or not, and I have a choice to stay married to her based on her choice. HOW HARD is that for you to understand? Really?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

If they did it after a party and drunk, it maybe one time slip. Here, she flirted and planned it to cheat on him. And disrespected him for a while. If he accepts her back, she would repeat it again.

60022Mallard60022Mallard2 months ago

I really struggle to believe the premis that the wife forgot it was his birthday and Father's Day

phill1cphill1cabout 2 months ago

"She'd give me a nice blowjob with no expectation of her getting off in return on my birthday and Father's Day. I usually fingered her to orgasm as she did them though. I wasn't a complete tool about it.

I was excited and thought I might get the ultra-rare anal sex on my upcoming special day."

Kinda makes his wife seem like a whore: she gives out sexual favors as gifts. He seems like no big prize, beyond a paycheck and a roof.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The so called one time slip isn't though the buildup is a myriad of slips in this instance.

I'm very glad you didn't go the lonely old man is the only other option route.

If you do well with your life in general the options if anything become more numerous as you move through various age groups.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

His daughters are terrible human beings and he should be ashamed they share any DNA with him. His mom deserve to die alone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This man is unfortunate to have the worst women in his life, even his mother is a cunt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A 40something year old mother spends half a day primping at a tanning and hair salon only to get fucked in the backseat of a kid’s car? Now that’s classy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So a 40something wife and mother of two spends half a day primping at tanning and hair salons only to be fucked in the back seat of a kid’s car? Sounds classy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not one of the women in his life, prior to Missy maybe, was worthy of his notice, much less being related to them, by blood or marriage. Kind of a depressing life this guy led. Start to finish. And to 'reward' the ex-wife, at the funeral, sitting up front near the woman that took her side, over her own son? Fuck, no idea why he even attended the fucking funeral, much less sat next to the slut.

LarryCulpepperLarryCulpepperabout 1 month ago

A 40something year old spends half a day primping at tanning and hair salons only to get fucked in the backseat of a car? That’s classy!

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

A great story. Although I can’t see how anyone would side with the wife. This wasn’t a one time thing. It was weeks of flirting and primping for her boy toy. Her affair started much earlier than that Friday.

The fact that all the women in his life and even Missy’s mom sided with his wife was horrible.

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 month ago

This only hit okay for me. Even at a funeral, how does Bill come back from the alienation that Katy pushed his mother and the girls into? He's the wronged person, and everyone heaps shame upon him for not being okay with being cheated on? Including people in this comment section. Talk about victim blaming. FFS. 3*

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

You guys ever see "High Noon"? It was written about something stupid politically, since the movie ended up taking the wrong side even if the right side used the wrong methods. However, it made a great point: when a challenge arises, most people favor appeasement over asserting principles. It takes actual men to assert order with aggression, even if they do not use violence, and they will never be popular. No wonder everyone allies against them. In my view, this one could have been longer to flesh out details but it is about the perfect length for casual reading, with no fat, and I like the open ending. Hope without cinnamon sugar and rainbows.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Don't feel you have to be sorry For a "one and done". If you forgive some will be more careful when again cheating.

26thNC26thNC26 days ago

Great story. I’m like Bill in that I’m a one and done guy in marriage, friendship, kin, or any other relationship. Bill is a better man than I am to welcome the wife back at the funeral.

Ocker53Ocker5323 days ago

I found this very believable, very realistic which for me is always a must⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA22 days ago

Why does infidelity have a number of times? U see no good reason physical or psychological (empty nest etc.) for her to cheat on him. I just have to assure she cannot communicate with a guy she married 20 years ago.... She has sex with a kid in the back seat of his car. Not even a slick operator/predator, just some wet behind the ears kid. The only reason is ego,self absorbed woman who needed something strange to validate herself. The final act of getting the kids to disrespect him was a symptom of all of the above. Very well told story and all of her faults were well detailed in the story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

The whole family would be better off without Bill around. What a simp! Formula LW crap. Saint husband cheating whore wife. Blah, blah, blah.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

5 stars

Tired but mellow

Attitude should not be reflected in rating stories But I want to meet the person it doesn't.

I like stories where btb But the cheater finally comes to terms with her fuckup

StruckwrongStruckwrong19 days ago

Her lust meant more than her love obviously.

usaretusaret18 days ago

Second time and still rate the same, 4 stars. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Well written story but in my head he should have at least tried to forgive her

SmugglerjimSmugglerjim13 days ago

I didn't like the missy character....forgive forget. Get even ? Hard decision I would have tried to forgive. Ones feelings do not die that fast

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Both in the story, and in the commentary, the term “mistake” is used. Anyone who uses that word is making lite of gross betrayal. Forgetting to buy milk is a mistake. Adultery is deliberately putting your selfish desires above the interests of the person you committed yourself to.

/

If a spouse chooses to forgive this heinous sin, second only to murder, so be it. They should do so with both the perpetrator and the victim fully acknowledging the marital crimes, and not attempting to minimize the impact by calling it a mistake!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

The story is very well written and, to my mind, as realistic as can be expected for short, non-biographical fiction. 5s

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

"Some would say I should've forgiven her for a one-time slip." It wasn't just the 1-time slip, but 2 weeks of disrespect & being ignored, going out that Friday night. Not to mention being caught with a just beyond teen years kid in the backseat of his car having sex. Then the worse, forgetting all about Father's Day/ his BD after mentioning it (well, about 2wks prior). Who doesn't remember Father's or Mother's Day? And she gets the daughters to go to the beach without saying anything to her husband? No, it's more than a one-off. By far.

... The story was well written & emotional where it should be. Had me tearing in places that got too close to "home". 4 stars Bob

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories