Was it an Affair?

Story Info
She said No! He was sure! What's the truth?
31.5k words
4.08
23.6k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Can love conquer all? If what appears is not quite as it appears, can forgiveness follow if the love is deeper than previously known. As so many commented that I leave stories open ended, this one has a conclusion so no complaints about the extra pages please!. This is not a BTB nor in my opinion an RAAC.

As I thought about my marriage I realised the years have gone by quickly. In three weeks, it will be five years since we married. I had thought we had a good if not great marriage but the last couple of months had been difficult to say the least.

I'm Tom. I'm nothing special, 5'11, slim, brown hair, and eyes. I am fairly reserved if I don't know you. Workwise, I suppose I'm a geek. I work in a firm which creates state of the art electronic equipment, cybersecurity, and computer resources. I write code for the software which operates much of our equipment. Some of the stuff we do makes James Bond look obsolete. I mean truly obsolete!

My wife Harriet is beautiful, 5'7, lovely firm yet soft 38C breasts with missiles for nipples when she's aroused. I love lying with my head on them as she caresses my head, especially after lovemaking. This can cause me to rise from the dead. Her long blond hair comes to mid back and graces her lovely face. Her blue eyes are always full of fun (or were). She has a lovely pussy with lips that seemed to invite your tongue. She keeps her pubes trimmed as I like running my fingers through her hair. She loves sex and was highly adventurous until recently. I doubt we have had sex in the last couple of months.

For once she was home before it was time for bed and I thought I would take the opportunity to try - yet again - to find out what was going on.

I spoke firmly yet softly, "Harriet, we need to talk about where we are heading. You've ignored me for weeks when I've tried to raise this. Nothing I do is right. You're curt, almost abusive when you speak to me, if you do. All these late nights, are you seeing someone?"

She looked shocked. When she shouted, "I'm bloody working. Just cause you're not getting laid, you assume I am."

I assume she thought I would back off but her voice said I'd hit a nerve.

I retaliated, "You've been treating me like a piece of shit for the last two months. I've had enough. If you want a divorce just say so."

She looked down for a moment before raising her head, "You're fucking around on me and want me to be the baddie. I'm not fucking around, I'm bloody working!"

My whole-body language told her I didn't believe her. She was mad at me. It just disintegrated into a screaming tantrum from her. I couldn't get a word in edgeways to deny I was having an affair. Where did she get that idea? I went to the spare room. I spent an uncomfortable night with my thoughts.

The next morning being Saturday, I started on the usual weekend jobs, starting with cutting the grass. As I did I hoped the sound woke her. I washed and cleaned out my car. I normally did hers but I didn't bother. I finished by lunchtime.

When I entered the kitchen she was sat there reading the brochures I had found about a resort which I had thought we could visit for our anniversary.

She looked at me, daggers drawn, "Why have you these? For you and your slut!"

I laughed but there was no mirth in it, "I don't have a girlfriend, a slut or anything like that. I'm married to you though you seem to have forgotten that. I'm so far down your thought process, you don't recall a little thing like our wedding. In three weeks, it will be five years. I thought as things weren't good we could have a break to try and fix what is wrong. It appears I'm too late."

She looked at me as she spoke sharply, "Just because I'm working long hours at the moment doesn't mean I'm having an affair. I know our anniversary is coming up."

I looked at her, "Harriet, we've been together almost seven years. You don't think I can't tell when you're lying. I know your body language, when you need a hug, a shoulder to cry on. When to give you space and when to make you say what is wrong. You've cut me out of your life. I don't exist as far as you are concerned. You avoid any opportunity to speak with me. "Not now" has been your catchphrase for weeks. You use this house as a hotel, somewhere to sleep. Even when you're here, your mind is elsewhere.

"You need to decide what you want as I'm not going to put up any longer with what you're doing. You want a divorce say so. It will hurt but better that than this."

Harriet spoke slowly and angrily, "I'm not having an affair. I'm bloody working. If it's the lack of sex, come to bed and fuck me."

I did laugh, "I've got a headache!"

She was extremely pissed. The weekend went downhill after that.

On the Sunday as I was getting all the recycling and bins ready, I threw the resort brochures in. She saw and bit her lip.

On Monday at work, I borrowed a few devices and headed home. This gave me surveillance in all the main rooms and access areas. I ran a thorough check on our home computer. Due to the nature of my work, I have several highly advanced security programmes which dovetail well. It was clear. Harriet had changed her access code, another bad sign. I had a couple of devices for her handbag and car but I'd need to wait for her to come home. The one in the car would use her dashcam to record as well as transmit. It recorded what happened inside the car as well as all around the car. I suspected her phone code would be changed. I was right.

I stayed in the spare room. I didn't want sloppy seconds. Unfortunately, none of the devices or house ones produced anything other than she was at work and often very unhappy. Our interactions were the minimum we could have as we barely spoke.

So, it was a shock on the Wednesday before our anniversary, Harriet spoke directly to me. She had come home on time for once.

"Tom, have you arranged anything for the weekend?"

I looked at her, "No, I didn't see the point given how we are, there is nothing to celebrate."

She flinched, as she spoke quietly, "My firm is holding a party at the Palace estate to celebrate their founding, the same day their ancestor Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament. I've been invited. I want to go."

I shrugged my shoulders, "If you wish to go, go. I don't control you."

She was shocked, "Tom, I'm sorry. I meant we've been invited. I want you to come with me."

I smiled but it may have been a grimace, "Are you sure? I'm not the party type when I don't know anyone. They'll be drinking and I may learn what you've been up to. You want to take that chance?"

She flung her head back in annoyance causing her hair to fly as she stalked away. Her body language was off the scale mad.

The next day I picked up some extremely small bugs from the office. I could hide them on her dress or jewellery and she wouldn't know.

I was surprised when she walked into the house at a normal time that night.

She looked nervous, "Tom will you reconsider and come to this party. I want you there. You'll see I'm not having an affair."

Her body language was shouting, "I'm lying!" She didn't want me there and she's fucking someone else.

I spoke softly, "What do you call it if it's not an affair? A business arrangement, stress relief! You think I'll not watch you and them carefully, listen to what is being said and not said."

Harriet struggled to keep the anger out of her voice, "I'm sick of telling you I'm not having an affair. I know we haven't been good and it's my fault. I should have said book that resort, it looked lovely. We can have a night of fun together."

She put on the full court press until I agreed to go. It was a black-tie affair. The good part about that was the metal studs for my dress shirt can also be replaced with ones containing cameras.

Saturday evening did not start well and went downhill quickly.

I was still using the spare bedroom. I showered in the main bathroom. When I was dressing, I couldn't find my cufflinks. I was sure I'd put them through when I laid everything I needed out. I went into our bedroom and caught Harriet as she was dressing. She was wearing suspenders, stockings, and a bloody small thong. It was so small it exposed that her pubic hair was missing. She was taking a very exposing short dress off the hanger so obviously no intent to wear a bra. She'd never dressed like that for me!

I was happy I saw her jewellery on the dressing table. It was the set I suspected she'd wear so there were bugs attached to them. The earrings, necklace and bracelet all had either audio or camera bugs. I was breathing deeply as the meaning of what I was seeing became clear.

My face showed my thoughts. My words did not go down well.

My anger was highly noticeable as I spoke, "Are you not concerned that I'll embarrass you by beating the shit out of the guy or is the idea to humiliate me by fucking him in front of me? He'll need to have others restrain me or he'll end up in the morgue."

Harriet was mad, "Your fucking mind is only seeing that. I told you I'm not having an affair. This was a surprise for you. You've asked me to dress like this before and I thought as we've been so poor I'd make the effort for our anniversary. I shouldn't have bothered."

"Well, you've time to change into normal Harriet party mode," I barked.

I walked down the stairs. I really was not wanting to go. This was throwing it in my face. My mind was in turmoil until I resolved that I was being played, their intent was to humiliate me. I would ensure I got the recordings which would enable me to destroy all of those involved. My anger meant I wanted a drink but reason won out. I decided I would only have soft drinks. I would be wary of any I received in case they attempted to drug me.

Harriet came downstairs fifteen minutes later. She hadn't changed. She had on four-inch heels, again I'd never seen them. The mood was quiet anger on both our parts.

I gave her an out, "Well if you've dressed for me, we can go for a meal and a dance before coming home. If you're intent on going to the party, do you want to go alone?"

She swithered before saying quietly, "Tom, I want you to come. You'll see you have it all wrong."

Once in the car, Harriet said she'd forgotten her bag. I went for it as I didn't want her to trip on those heels. I slid a bug into the lining.

It was a twenty-minute drive to the Palace estate. We didn't speak. It's an old Georgian house which is open to the public to show off the family wealth. I've been a few times. It is quite grand to be honest and well worth a visit. I parked where I was unlikely to get blocked in as I may be tempted to leave abruptly.

Harriet showed the security our invite and we headed to the ballroom. It could host three hundred and fifty. I went to the bar for her wine and I had an apple juice. Harriet introduced me to some of her fellow workers. The conversation was simple but their body language said a lot. They were surprised I was there. As Harriet mingled, I stayed close and answered any questions put to me. No one said, "How do you feel about her fucking so and so?" There was nobody she met which gave the impression that he was the bastard she's fucking.

The room was brought to order and the Chief Operating Officer spoke for a few minutes on the company and its prospects. Harriet seemed in awe of him but there was no sexual connection if you follow me.

A band started and soon Harriet and I were dancing. We had two dances but when a slow one came on she left the floor. I went to the bar and ordered more drinks. I watched intently as my apple juice was poured. I wasn't taking chances. I held my palm over the glass as I did when at university as so many drinks were spiked.

We circulated as she introduced me to others. We had a couple of dances together but she always left the floor when a slow one came on. Harriet seemed to be distracted as though she was looking for someone. We did dance with others but I made sure I stayed nearby her. It was a couple of hours in when I sensed her mood change. It was a strange change. She noticed but was more sad than excited. A tall and I suppose handsome man in his mid-forties had come in. He seemed to be important as so many fawned over him. He did the rounds, danced with a few women. I had immediately formed the impression he's going to come for Harriet. I was not mistaken.

Harriet and I were dancing when he butted in. No preamble, may I? He just barged me out of the way. Harriet was in his arms, body to body, almost consumed by him, unlike when she had been dancing with me. She was smiling even if her eyes weren't. I was annoyed so just grabbed him away from her turning him until I was right in his face. I shouted at him, "Listen bastard. Learn some manners! Now fuck off!" My body language said I was looking for trouble.

He looked shocked, like who was I to speak to him. Some others nearby looked happy at him getting a blasting. I sensed many didn't like him. I wanted him to throw a punch so I could floor him but he just smirked as he walked away. Harriet was upset at me. Her eyes looked daggers at me. I faced her down, "I told you, I wouldn't put up with this shit. He's an arsehole used to getting what he wants. You won't dance with me close but for him instantaneous. So much for that outfit being for me. If he's who you're throwing your marriage away for I pity you. You'll just be a notch on his headboard."

We headed unhappily back towards the bar. As we did two security staff came up to me and told me to leave. I turned to Harriet and said, "We're being thrown out as I caused arsehole to lose face."

The security said, "She stays."

I smiled but my voice made it quite clear I was fucking angry, "No way. If you keep her here, I'll call the Police and report she's been kidnapped. She leaves with me. I'm not letting arsehole rape her."

The security recognised they had a problem. One stayed while the other went for instructions. They could have used their radios but I'd have heard it.

A man I presumed was the senior person came up to me, "You can stay if you don't harass Mr Bright again."

I laughed, "He's not very bright, is he? I won't do anything unless he tries to touch my wife again in an inappropriate manner. If he does, he'll leave in an ambulance."

Harriet was mortified. I suggested strongly, "Let's just leave. The atmosphere here is now toxic."

Harriet refused to leave so I headed to the bar for more drinks for us while she headed to the facilities. We stood by each other not speaking. Surprisingly, soon I had a few women ask me to dance. I tried to refuse but Harriet pushed me to accept, verbally and physically.

It seemed a concentrated effort as I wasn't left alone. I was kept on the dancefloor. As I was dancing I did check on Harriet as she had been dancing with a number of men but not arsehole. One woman was dancing very close when she felt an object against my chest. She asked what it was. I told her, "A recorder. I write computer software code. I use it to record my thoughts if something comes to me when I'm out the office."

She asked, "Is that like a smartphone catching everything?"

I laughed, "No. Smartphones leak data. This is an old-school first-generation type of recorder. No wi-fi, camera or anything like that. I can take it anywhere and use it as required. Some of my best thoughts come sitting on the loo. Difficult at times to understand what I'm saying if I've had a curry! It's important that my source code is not hacked and you can't hack this."

The explanation caused her eyes to open in shock, especially the curry, but seemed to settle her curiosity. I had several more women come up to me before I noticed Harriet was now missing. How long since I last saw her? Must have been twenty to thirty minutes. At the end of the dance, I made my excuses as another female came up for me to dance with her. I explained, "I need to find the facilities or there'll be a big puddle on the dancefloor."

As I made my way there I could sense I was being watched. The toilets had two entrances so I left by the other one which was not seen from the ballroom. I knew, from my previous visits, if people were playing around it would be in an area to the side. All my dance partners had made sure we never went close to that area. Several men had been indignant when I tried to dance my way there.

I went to the drawing room which overlooked the area. Harriet was on her back over a table with her dress down exposing her lovely tits. Mr Arsehole Bright was fucking her. He had very little to endear himself as a lover. Maybe 4.5-inches at most. I've seen thicker pencils. She certainly wasn't screaming in delight. Her nipples were still in their silos.

Standing to the side watching were the COO and another man. Both had their cocks out and were stroking them waiting for their turn. My bugs had recorded enough for me. The ones on Harriet would automatically be recording and transmitting to my computer and my cloud. I was being very careful so I had the evidence no matter what happened.

I set off down the rear where the event staff were coming and going from. I got to my car and drove home. My emotions were all over the place. I had known but had somehow hoped I was wrong. I loved her like life itself but adultery ended the marriage. There were tears behind my eyes which escaped from time to time.

For some reason, a sixth sense perhaps, I locked the door and even used the old deadbolt so if Harriet gave them her key they wouldn't get in. Well, she couldn't, I'd taken it out of her purse when I grabbed her bag before we left the house. I checked my computer and all the recordings were being made. I felt insecure so I looked out my old baseball bat and kept it beside me.

It was 2am when I received a call from Harriet. "Where are you?"

"I'm home whore! Did you even feel Arsehole when he was fucking you? Did the other two measure up? I'll get the divorce papers done today so I can put them into the Sheriff Clerk's office on Monday. Happy anniversary!"

From her scream as I rang off, she wasn't happy. I wondered if the security would call later. If they did, the home security would pick up everything they did. I sat in my office stunned. I had known but to actually she her betray me was something else. And for such a little prick!

It was just after three am when the door received one hell of a battering. It shook me from my memories. The security video showed it was the three security men. I called the Police reporting three men trying to break in. The operator said she could hear. I told her the reason behind it in case I wasn't able to later. One of them went to their car and came back with a battering ram. In five smashes, the door was wrecked and they came in.

I stood at the top of the stairs waving the bat. I hoped they would stay there until the Police arrived but the first one ran up the stairs at me. His head and the bat met and he went back down quicker than he came up.

The other two were mad now but wary. I had the high ground and was not afraid to hurt them. They came up the stairs slowly, the limited width making sure they were unable to be together. They were holding their arms up to fend off a blow. As the taller one came close, I faked swinging the bat, as he raised his arms, I instead rammed the bat end straight into his solar plexus and as I drew it back I rammed it into the knee of the other. There was a cracking sound as he went down.

The taller one was struggling to regain his breath so before he could, I swung and struck his knee with all the force I could muster. He went down as well. I so wanted to beat the fuck out of them but I knew the law, minimum force. One blow disabling them was all I was allowed. I hoped they had broken patellae at least.

The Police arrived a few minutes later. The officers were shouting at me to put down my weapon. I complied and said, "I have all this on my home security system. It was self-defence." The shattered front door may have given them clue.

123456...9