All Comments on 'We Almost Made It Pt. 02'

by LT225

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

Call the boyfriend's wife and get it over with.... 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Can’t give you a ratting because the story isn’t finished, to be honest I had forgot all about it

ktbladektbladeabout 2 years ago

Keep going plesae ... maybe there's 3 or 4 more episodes in there ?

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

I hope he isn't going to go down the "ask Carol why we're getting divorced" route. Expecting a cheater to tell the truth is extremely naive and just asking for her to spin a narrative that he's the one at fault.

Mike needs to start singing like a canary and telling their friends, family, and Jeff's wife all the sordid details of her affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Waste of time.. if u have the capacity of writing only 500 words each time.. better stop posting till u get the complete story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice drama, can't wait

for the next chapter.

EZ8ltEZ8ltabout 2 years ago

Mike should blow it up for everyone, tell the wife, tell the kids, the parents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The author, IMHO, doesn't seem to have thought this story through entirely. Mike really doesn't seem to be acting like a veteran police detective would in trying to get the background and facts of who, when, where, how and why his wife decided to cheat. And he has made Carol out to be a complete reality denier. She doesn't appear to know her husband, Mike, very well. She doesn't seem to be taking Mike's reaction and divorce demands seriously. By flat out refusing one of Mike's main demands to confess their affair to Jeff's wife , (claiming that she doesn't want to hurt Jeff's kids), she certainly shows where her loyalty lies. In that case, Mike has Jeff's contact information and Mike should make the call.

Impo_64Impo_64about 2 years ago

You are stretching this too much...But I want to see where you take this...3* for now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The ONLY thing worse than a writer who won't FTDS is a writer who writes tiny, little bits and drip feeds them to the readers. 1* There is NOTHING new in your story that others haven't done. Not worth waiting for you to FTDS.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Hahahaha! Thanks for continuing.

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witchabout 2 years ago

Stupid women, good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Maybe you should try writing more than a few paragraphs and calling it a chapter? Or, do you have to read some more stories to find more cheating wife clichés to copy?

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

Yeah I hate when stories go unfinished, and I love that quip about lawyers and catfishes. No disrespect to the hardworking catfishes out there swimming around and trying to live there best life 😜😄

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why cant the husband just tell Jeff's wife? No way he should get off scott free.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

I'm liking this! Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So the fight is on. Now someones gonna tell Jeffs' wife Kathy. I may be mistaken, but I thought I read earlier that

they (she&he) bought the closer business. That being the case he has a vested interest in it. That would make for a very "sticky-wicket". LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Sorry everyone, I forgot to add to the bottom of the first part that there would be more parts. This is my first attempt. I also like the author to finish the story."

.

No, you couldn't be bothered to use a chapter number in the title to warn people it wasn't a complete story BEFORE opening the story. The only way not using one for Chapter 1 is it it was also the first story you ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hurry back .

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

🤣🤣 DAMN IT!!!! I was just going to jump you for not FTDS. Good follow up. Looking forward to the next chapter. Hope he keeps his balls and doesn't go soft on either one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have the same feeling as one of the other comments...why not tell the guy's wife, but also his own family's kids and families. It would definitely move the divorce along. She definitely saw it as weakness, that he hadn't done that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hope that the cheating wife will FINALLY realize the extent of damage she's done to her husband and properly apologize to him and that alone will be ENOUGH for the cuckolded hubby to forgive her and move back with her. That's what we have read so far in so many RAAC stories. It's just one addition to them.

LNRAstroLNRAstroabout 2 years ago

Meh! Pathetically short chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If its part 1 or chapter 1 it goes IN THE TITLE, not at the end of a miniscule one page wannabe chapter. 1*

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 years ago

These chapters are too short. Wrap it up in the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You have a damned good BTB story line going. Don't screw it up with RAAC!

Still have not seen a clean STD check. One thing you should have already considered is the MC setting a timeline for filing divorce. Either Carol comes clean to the wife about the affair or when Carol is served with divorce papers the wife gets all the evidence too. The setup is great and you have so many options for finishing it out. Oh and FINISH THE DAMNED STORY! :)

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

I am enjoying this story. I am looking forward to the next part.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

And why has the MC not burned Jeff by telling his wife? He takes his vacation time but to what end? Sit on his ass? Move away and start over? Is this a move to retirement? Or is he just trying to reduce the money his cheating wife will get? Seems like he is cutting off his nose to spite his face regardless how he feels about lawyers. For a decisive guy, he is pretty damn wishy washy.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

You throw in the kids at the end of this chapter. Can't believe they weren't brought up sooner. Not that wifey won't contact the other wife, why hasn't he? He has done nothing to him.

And the whole silliness about not wanting to use a lawyer. There was no way she wasn't fighting this. Being a cop he should have known that lawyers are a necessary evil. The operative word being necessary, when you have a cheating wife that doesn't want to get divorced.

LWLover60LWLover60about 2 years ago

Only complaint is the chapters are a bit short. Plot is great as is the writing. Look forward to the next installment and future stories.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

I like a BTB story ending but stories where the cheated on spouse moves on and gets their happy ending without the ex involved is probably even better. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a RAAC story.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Guess I'll just wait for the conclusion, though I'm betting where this will end up...

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

eh there are some very easy ways to get a woman to not want to stay married for these types of stories to work for me. but im bored and this does feel the void. at least u made the cop stupid enough to believe lol

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Since you're a noobie in LW, I want to take the opportunity in this section to thank you LT225 for sharing this story. What you have done I did enjoy reading so far. Looking forward to your FTDS on this series :).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It literally cannot end in a RAAC. She refused his EXTREMELY reasonable demands to have a chance at staying married. She is NOT sorry she cheated, she is sorry she got caught. She is still worrying about people judging her, and trying to FORCE her husband to minimize the pain he feels. That's a form of gaslighting.

He was only partially correct. She says she doesn't want to hurt/break up her lover's family. That's not even close to true. Yes, she IS picking her lover over her husband. That part is true. But her motivations are not morality based at all. She does not want to be seen as the 'bad guy'. Not by her lover's wife, not by her parents, not by her kids, not by anybody. She'll do anything to avoid looking like the shitty person she is currently. That tells me her image means more to her than fidelity, honesty, growing from mistakes, and her husband's feelings.

The truth is everyone comes second place to her ego.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

If this was "one mistake," why the burner phones? Does that mean that they intend to repeat the mistake? What about coming home late? Another "mistake?"

\

"I will do whatever it takes to make things right for you." - I'll do whatever it takes except do what you asked me to do.

\

" I don't want a divorce and I will take you to court to prevent it." - You can't "prevent" a divorce. You can slow it down, make it more expensive, but you can't force someone to stay married to you. Even if you somehow stop the divorce, your partner can still simply leave, as he did.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Nice recovery on the story promise - 5* (We'll see where you go with this...)

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 2 years ago

3/23/22 We almost made it by LT225

Since you asked for constructive criticism and suggestions I’ll give it a shot.

You’ve gotten a good number of comments, but very little help—I think that may be because you have a very good unfinished story; I don’t just mean it’s lacking the final chapters, but the chapters are just too short to get a reader really involved with the story. By the time I really suspend belief and get into the story I get a “coming soon to a site near you” sign. That turns many of us off. BTW, I think that approach works if the reader has two or three pages to get absorbed in the story.

Of course in any of these LW stories the question is always to either BTB or RAAC, and both sides have a lot of proponents—it’s just the BTB folks are louder and more determined. You can easily go either way from here.

My advice—if you decide to go BTB, don’t do it half way,; make it all out nuclear war or at least a scorched earth campaign. If RAAC is more to your liking don’t let her get off unscathed. Come up with some punishment—I’m somehow attracted to the post nuptial agreement where either party caught cheating is out the door minus the kids and almost all of the assets.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to see how you finish this. cd

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 more stars.

I really like your approach to convincing the EX-wife that 'YES, the marriage is over & NO there is nothing you can do or say to stop it'. However, it appears that she wants to drag it through the legal system and it is obvious she does not understand the severity of her actions YET. The MC needs to ramp up the pressure on his EX-wife by sharing the pictures & text messages with everyone - family, friends, PLUS the asshole's wife.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
Another 'story'

Where the main character looks in the bottom of a liquor bottle but needs to empty the liquor first.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Carol doesn't want a divorce & will do anything to keep the marriage alive--- except for what her husband wants. She had her affair, got caught, & wants things simply to go back to where they were, or at least stay married, but on her terms. If this was a short term thing, why the need of a burner phone? Yeah, to keep the spouses from finding out. She'll go to court to prevent the divorce; in no fault states, I'm not sure that's even on the table.

3 stars for nice story, but that's it. -- Bob

chytownchytownabout 2 years ago

****Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

woodwardwoodwardabout 2 years ago

Great story and it flowed very well.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Really good story,but I wish it was one long one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A reasonable good story. Can I make a suggestion? You start off telling the story in the first person in Jeff's voice. then the story continues in 3rd person with how Carol is going to respond. Then you have Carol speaking also in the first person. You don't say how Jeff heard this conversation but it is assumed that he is still narrating the story. You could go back and forth staying in the 1st person between them but just put their name a the top of each paragraph as to who is speaking. Thanks for the effort and I hope you keep writing.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

This is good. Chapters are a nice size, and to the point.

But why do they keep saying she made a mistake? Lunches, and sex at least twice, all carefully planned. That’s deliberate, not impulsive or spontaneous, and certainly not a mistake.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoying the build up in the story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why average. He had a lot of vacation time saved up. Any high stress job. Both spouses. As, if spouse loves the other,police, firemen,etc worried about hurt on job stressful. Need to spend as much time as possible away from the job together . I know a lot of people like that only thinking about themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dithering!!?

Just hire attorney

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Not a bad start. Let’s see how it develops.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Yep still good for a part 2

skruff101skruff1017 months ago

First line of defence “Are you going to throw away 29 years of marriage for one mistake?”

“Are these the same 29 years you ignored when you opened your legs”.

For every self-serving reason used to defend the indefensible and stay together there is an equally compelling argument for dissolving the marriage.

If you stay with a cheater be they husband or wife you are responsible for your own self-flagellation, just rip the band-aid off and find someone better. “Oh but I’ll never find anyone better”. Look harder.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous