All Comments on 'Wendigo'

by TamLin01

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Terrifying.

And so well done. That was a great story, though one I slightly regret reading late at night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful, wonderful story

This was a beautifully-written, wonderful story, some of the best writing I've seen on literotica, but I don't think it's an erotic horror story. It's a great horror story with some sex in it, which I think is a different thing.

dinkymacdinkymacover 11 years ago
Great story!!

Thanks for sharing!!

random_girl90random_girl90almost 9 years ago
awesome

I honestly think you could write a complete book about this, and that what is here could be the ending. You write beautifully and I have to agree that it was a horror story with a dash of sex.

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtalmost 8 years ago

Absolutely terrifying.. D: it's a very well made story though, but it makes me never want to go to the mountains. D:

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"Wendigo"

An absolutely awsume story and such an enjoyable read. You know how to tell an excellent story with a great plot and with excellent character development. You are one of the few writers who acutualy end their story the way a story is suppose to end. 80-90% of the writers on this site and other sites end their stories with a wide open ending with many unanswered questions that beg for another chapter to answer them. Retited Army NCO

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wendigo

I live in Northwest Wisconsin and I love Native American Mythology. Having said that there is nothing that terrifies me more than the Wendigo but no matter what I can't stop myself from reading and watching anything and everything I can about them. That's why I selected this story to read and even though it's late at night and now I'm scared I dont regret clicking on the tab.

Stillness1977Stillness1977over 2 years ago

Why this isn't rated as 4.9 I'll never know. One of my favorite stories -- brilliantly written.

From "The Jesuit Relations and Allied Documents: Travels and Explorations of the Jesuit Missionaries in New France 1610 – 1791 vol 46: Lower Canada, Ottawa, Canadian Interior 1659 – 1661" (https://tinyurl.com/y5uxx6vz):

The journal (probably written by Dablon) describes their route, and the dangers they encountered therein…. Upon entering Lake St. John, they hear of the deaths of some Indians belonging to their party; these men have been put to death by the other savages, because they were seized by a mental disease which rendered them ravenous for human flesh. It is a sort of werewolf tale, which the missionaries receive somewhat cautiously.

"What caused us greater concern was the intelligence that met us upon entering the Lake, namely, that the men deputed by our Conductor for the purpose of summoning the Nations to the North Sea, and assigning them a rendezvous, where they were to await our coming, had met their death the previous Winter in a very strange manner. Those poor men (according to the report given us) were seized with an ailment unknown to us, but not very unusual among the people we were seeking. They are afflicted with neither lunacy, hypochondria, nor frenzy; but have a combination of all these species of disease, which affects their imaginations and causes them a more than canine hunger. This makes them so ravenous for human flesh that they pounce upon women, children, and even upon men, like veritable werewolves, and devour them voraciously, without being able to appease or glut their appetite —ever seeking fresh prey, and the more greedily the more they eat. This ailment attacked our deputies; and, as death is the sole remedy among those simple people for checking such acts of murder, they were slain in order to stay the course of their madness. This news might well have arrested our journey if our belief in it had been as strong as the assurance we received of its truth."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damned chilling story, has ice shooting into my bones!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous