What it Takes Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We all are. Guess that's just the human condition."

Carmen sat down to have them talk a bit more quietly. The air went out of the conversation.

"It is not. But I might need a long talk with Sophie after this."

"Cover for you on monday and tuesday? Bet Eva will want to help as well."

"Nice of you. I'll take a few days." Deep breath. "Sometimes I look around and wonder if I should pity people or admire them."

"One because they live here, the other because they manage to keep doing so? And not go insane."

"Plenty who do go off. At least it is a bit more understandable now. Barely."

"Pfah! Even with this, we're the example that going mad is not excusable." Beat. "Got word from Rob?"

"Got the message. Doing fine, everything alright... of course. Man keeps saying he wants to drop everything and come over. Told him to relax."

"Well, I do miss his jokes."

"You miss more than that." A smile as that implied accusation was fired by Jasmine. "And I do too. Not much you can get around here."

"Tell me about it. Feels like a lot of the men need therapy more than women. Some got so damn porn addicted they can barely find a woman sexy. And those seem like the best of these kinds."

"Still I like the mommy issues ones. Simple. Easy to please."

"Because you've got what they need." Carmen gave her friend a rather less friendly breast grope to show what men wanted. "Can't wait for me to have a pair like that one day."

"Oh, you will if you find someone to knock you up a couple of times. Or there is the easy way."

"They say it never feels as good as the ones you earn."

"Why you insist on keeping that body the hard way?" Once again a little jab at the younger girl.

"It feels nice at times. But I swear I feel like I'm barely welcome at gyms. Ugh."

"One step at a time. We'll deal with that later. You could even do something about it."

A confused expression as the girl thought about it and then had a revelation.

"Oh, I don't have to go to bars anymore! And I can get a good workout in it. Tomorrow's cardio."

"Looking forward to it already, mmm?"

"No idea how to get started, but... I'll think of something on the spot. But, back to the happy moment... maybe we can meet the new boyfriend. Get him over here for some hot coffee."

There was an accusatory grin in her choice of words. Not that Jasmine disagreed with the notion.

"Up to her. Hope I can catch him around."

"Don't worry about missing him. You relax as well."

Just then they had another customer which made the conversation pause. Not all were unpleasant. They did need an explanation on why there is a weekend tax and "demanding tax" but they took it in good form and actually laughed at it. The younger man said that he'd so want to be able to ask unpleasant customers to pay more. Some might argue that it was illegal, but the notice was there for them to see and calculate on their own. The choice was theirs on how much they owe for the service.

And with each one did such people get corrected.

*

They eventually did get bored of each other. Jack wondered if this might be the moment for his girl to split and seek something elsewhere, but his casually nude partner planted herself on his bed to go on the internet while he was outright encouraged to see to his usual activities.

It felt a bit like he was ignoring her, but Eva wanted a quiet moment as well without them having to be apart for it. He was vaguely aware of the sounds coming from her phone as she went through youtube recommendations. It was a far more understandable hobby, though it looked like every time she went online the woman got upset. Scathing comments were left ever so often.

From her side, the game he was playing seemed simple, yet complicated. From what the girl understood, he was playing some sort of colony manager, seeing to the life of some people in a sci-fi setting. It was apparently a very cruel game as things would constantly mess up the life of those virtual people, to say nothing of basic needs and weather. She tried to comprehend it, but every time there was something more and more. Eventually, the girl just stopped trying to internalize it and just listened.

As Jack was considering who should get this fine new bionic of general utility, he was drawn back to an earlier conversation and once again paused to turn around and speak to his girlfriend from across the room.

"You said you have an implant. Does it take a lot of space? Do you have more?"

"Oh, I have more. Barely any space. It's not a full replacement, just sort of a controller to send out nanites to do their job."

"Huh. What else do you have?"

"Well, I got a conception blocker, which is like being on constant protection against pregnancy. So you can raw me with no issue." A smirk. "Though I can turn it off."

"Well, go ahead. It would be nice to raise a baby together." He called her bluff.

"Maybe later. Also since you guys have all these damn STD's I have something to protect against THAT as well. And a bunch of other things. God damn, there are like a million things here! Okay, some they can't do... but those are like super specific."

"Some would argue that those would have come in handy. Still, it sounds like you're becoming half machine."

"Nah, I got more than the usual person... some boosts of all kinds around, adrenaline activator, stuff to protect me around here in case people decide to be unpleasant. Oh, and I have one that tunes my voice to sing."

"I heard your churches do some weird things. That one is the most famous. Similar idea?"

"Nah, that thing homes do is just straight outsider powers. This is more like... auto-tune on steroids. I still sound a bit off compared to a real singer, but I have more lung power and a more active control of my intonation."

"You mind showing that off a bit? I'm curious."

He actually lowered the volume of his PC as the girl stood up from the bed to come closer. A karaoke version of this one that impressed her looked up. The instrumental following made it sound better. The boy was quite eager to hear it.

The orchestral music came out from her phone as the girl started the almost operatic intro. Slow, high presentation that even her half-nude form did not disqualify.

"In one world we dream

Only in one we live

On this journey of wonders

Forever we'll live in one

One of two."

No jokes so far. That was pretty good, if just qualifying as really good karaoke. It was much more animated once the real song began. Eva sounded like an opera singer.

"Once we found a spark in us

Enough to let us survive

Rise up and illuminate

Gave way to journeys!

A bright future's history

Jules Verne and Tomorrowland

Sweet dreams shine so silvery

In our newfound glory"

They HAD to go to do some more karaoke. Though considering the man might utterly suck by comparison, it was not a good show for him. But he would love to hear her do it more. He was drawn silent by the message... and why she was impressed by it.

"How can all these dreams prevail

(It's such a fragile hope)

'Cause a spark can give such light but also burn it all."

She got the most passionate here.

"And forever on this journey

We were close to the wonders still awaiting us

And forever in this universe

We can only live in one of two worlds."

It was quite long, but she held her energy, her passion... it shined in such a moment. Not just speaking of hopes she had, but of her. It felt like her own song. Or one to all those who came to do this.

When it was done, the boy was stunned... so much that she might have confused it for a sign of her not being as good. Until he heartily clapped.

"That's very good! You got that from an implant?! Feels like you have been doing this for years."

"Thanks. And yeah..." Her normal voice came back as that was turned off. Speaking normally with it on was weird. "It leads to these moments. But the homes do a bit more. Makes it so we even remember every word. Perfect timing and such. I stumbled a bit."

"I didn't even notice." Beat. "Is it weird if I ask you to do that again?"

"No... but give me a bit of a break. Slightly tiring." Thumb pointed outside. "Wanna step out for one?"

A couple smokes to lighten the mood felt like a good idea as Jack might ask her about her other boosts. And what else one can do in the empire. He got sidetracked when she elaborated on biosculpting. The prospect of looking however he wanted with just an hour-long procedure he could walk after... was tempting. But after she said that nobody in the empire cares about appearance exactly because of that.

"When it came out everyone DID make themselves look like supermodels and hunks and such, but after a while people just got bored with that so they just... went back to normal. Still good to clean up some small issues here and there. But yeah... why we aren't all ultra beautiful or something."

"Could use something like that to get rid of some of these spots and such."

He did enjoy her talking about the place. Every time she did the girl brightened up. He could not help but prompt such moments. Though the girl paused a bit as her face got a bit worried.

"What?"

"Something that I'm not yet sure if it means anything. Don't worry."

Across from that empty lot there were some other houses with no fence. A figure leaned against one of those buildings, dressed in a dark blue shirt, smoking as Eva was quite sure he was looking right at them. Despite unassisted vision being unable to make out more than broad details. Her enhanced vision could look closer to see that they did seem familiar. And he would not be there again in a few minutes.

That would rattle through her skull a bit as the girl tried to think what it might mean. Distractions were best for now, especially as the two got hungry and some food delivery was in order. They did watch a movie later, a new release that had a trusted critic recommend it. Casually holding each other, they'd enjoy the developing plot mixed with supernatural elements. Eva did not comment on their impossibility.

It was impossible for them to not do it again before bed... sweet, slow and working towards release. This was a joy she needed, and the man was her source of light for now. Something to help with the darkness. World might be cruel, but he was a sure source of warmth. Jack could enjoy the knowledge that his girlfriend was clean and not going to get pregnant. Men everywhere would want one of those implants since it worked on them too.

The aliens have begun trading in tech, though it was quite expensive. They were clearly given at a huge discount with some added extra things.... Like contracts. The relays for wireless power made more sense to have those function. Implants have seen a massive protest to being distributed, mostly women against the idea of men having perfect control of who they impregnate. Same old story. But this time the astorians did not give a fuck about their whining.

But, to him... this was far away save for his alien girlfriend who would sleep in his bed again that night, promising to come back again later though enjoying some time apart... for a few days.

In the morning they could have a last conversation that related to life on ships, but Eva had never been on one with the exception of being a passenger being sent somewhere, and that was in no way reflective of the true experience. Second hand stories would be mentioned of the few people and tight quarters leading to a lot of open fun.

And they almost felt like a married couple when they wished each other a good day at work.

*

The much smaller apartment disappointed the girl now. Yes, she wanted it closer to such places... but Jack seemed to have a much better spot despite not having too much money. It was a bit of a drive over there, so it was understandable why he left it so rarely. There was nothing near it but other old houses while she had five stores in walking distance.

Being naked in here brought her comfort mostly because she could pretend a bit that she was back home. That she could take a shuttle and be at her parents' place in an hour, see her old friends for a drink to follow with fun. Obviously it was not the case. She could leave, but... now she had another reason not to want this.

Laying on her bed, the girl found herself thinking a lot about him and what this will lead to. Obviously the best solution was for them to go back to the Empire. Much better in every aspect. Eva had to be aware of all the reasons her casual sex assignment was so difficult. Men had it hard over here. She was not denying that women did not have difficulties, but the guys going around to offer them a fun time were much more easily accepted. There were a lot of protections for the feminine gender, disproportionately more. At times this was useful, but at most other times such inequality fuels conflict and mistrust.

There were worries in her that she did report to the head of family... specifically that someone was following her. Eva noticed the plaid shirt guy on the bus as she was making her way back to her apartment. Though trying to get footage of him seemed impossible. They did not have absolute vision here, but they had a healthy amount. Either way, that stuff was the least of her worries.

She found herself worrying more about her boyfriend rather than her own situation. He had every reason not to want a serious engagement. Men were being picked up and discarded. Whenever a woman proposed "friends with benefits" she really meant a side guy to be dedicated to her while she slept around with everything. It was like the female version of a harem. Sure, they sound reasonable at first, but then they get mad if even guys they reject go after others. Literally no better than those others who claim a bunch of women. Toxicity in a new form.

And worse off... marriage was now a weapon. It was supposed to be a contract of love. Instead, now divorce is being used to sap men for money because the woman has to get half their stuff if not more in the separation, doesn't matter if she was there only a year or five. And children go to the woman as well as a hefty paycheck. And on their say so... men could go to prison. It felt like some sort of matriarchal society where the guys were the slave class and women got to abuse them openly and without consequence. It felt like it but was not yet there. It could go there.

Despite all this, Jack risked basically his life to humor her. And so did some other guys... sort of. She could have used pregnancy against them to try and wrench child support even if it was not their child. It was even illegal around here to use paternity tests. No, she declared who the father was and that guy had to pay. Sleep with twenty guys, make the richest one pay. Repeat with another until they no longer want her and a woman in her thirties or forties starts screaming online about how no quality men exist to take up a real woman.

All of this just made her more angry. All the hypocrisy, the denial and stupidity. She knew what a real woman was. She had to support the guy and be his future. And she was doing that now... thinking about him rather than the earlier person. Sweet guy, Max... but clearly does not want to listen to the idea to stay just friends. Why does someone always have to ruin the idea of friends with benefits thing by taking it further? This is why people don't start relationships at work. They all just dive in fully with no concern then whine and scream when it wasn't everything they wanted. Everyone was to blame. But everyone seems so desperate as well.

All of the people on this planet, so desperate. Crying, suffering alone... even a lover isn't at times insurance of having someone. Friends can betray you, communities want you to conform to their way rather than wanting your goodwill and life partners see one as an easy dispenser for money or sex. The outsider was right... It is HELL. The Tan always did have that immense reverence of him. She heard the story from one on how they have something when one doubts him. Turns out there's this emotion stone that they use to store feelings like one would use a recording. And it has HIS emotions... from a deep dive by one of the Tan who got very good at her telepathic empathy. Apparently he is so fucked up inside that one wonders how he is keeping it straight. Pain so big it breaks your heart. None of them turn away after that.

Eva had a healthy respect for the outsider, but not reverence. The empire was a good enough place and his teachings brought them there, his support kept things standing and he was not abusing his power. Yeah, the scenes from one year ago were brutal to see, but it started to come out that every one of those fuckers was in so bad they should have been executed. So they were.

And now she was on the world that he lived on. It was increasingly understandable why he was like this. Problems all around. Politicians still trying to see to their own agendas rather than help people, police that were more concerned with maintaining control than actually giving security. She even understood why he was a pervert. Guys here had so little to go on that no wonder he wanted a world where everyone can fuck everyone with no issue. But also he managed to not just be another asshole to abuse power to get what he wanted. What he got for himself he gave to everyone. And now he wanted to give this world that same gift back. And they were rejecting it. Eva could see why he got pissed.

She got up from the bed to walk to her balcony since sleep was not arriving. Another smoke to pass the time. There was a temptation to call Sophie again. Or maybe visit. So many concerns. Eva had already suggested the man join their community and the two in charge would see to his vetting. The girl wanted to protect him from this world in thanks for the support he was giving. She was indeed feeling a lot better even in the small moments they sent some messages to each other. Fun little things to brighten her day, clips he found online that she'd enjoy or little compliments to help her along.

The cigarette could evaporate as she burned through it extremely quickly, lingering on her thoughts. It got complicated because now she had so much stuff to do. Things she had to do to earn her title. Couldn't claim she's the girlfriend while doing nothing for the guy. That would make her no better than the common sluts around her who expected the world and gave back just the occasional access to a used pussy while seeking out more options. No, she would not do that.

"Guh... fuck this place! How can people live here?!"

Her words found no one to hear them. Nobody to observe the naked girl in her apartment no matter how much some guys would like even to glimpse it. Those windows were frosted and one could barely tell she was even there from the other side.

She might have mentally paced for hours worrying about the other big dangers that her boyfriend faced, getting angrier and angrier... if her link did not chirp with a message on the work channel. As good a distraction as any and possibly someplace to vent her rage a bit.

The device gave the simple message. All clear to proceed. Investigation complete. Eva found herself almost excited for it. Just a visit tomorrow to the back room for that extra and she could make another step. The girl would TRY to stay within the boundaries, even if at times it was tempting to go further.

Wait... not tomorrow, she was going back to sleep at Jack's place. Not the day after either, they were going to that tabletop club again. Friday. She'd have to simmer a bit until then.

But maybe she could go just a bit beyond them.

*

Sometimes one has to spoil themselves. The nearby mall was the very occasional haunt of Jack, in the past he would come over here with a coworker to enjoy lunch. There were fewer options now as both his favorite sandwich shop had closed and that ramen stand was no longer here, the franchise now sticking to their main buildings which were further away. But there was still the odd thing to enjoy.

1...345678