What We Yearn For Ch. 04

Story Info
Brielle.
2.6k words
4.47
2.3k
00

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 05/05/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ohheyjude
Ohheyjude
16 Followers

"For the sake of Monika not chewing you out for using her business as a scape goat, I won't repeat this story of your previous meeting with Brielle if she asks." Jenny shakes her head At Milan. "Not to mention I'm sure Monika would be livid if you weren't keeping your personal life separate from work. You know how she feels about that, Milan."

There was a deep frown across Jenny's round face after Milan and I tell her about our encounter at the photo studio.

Milan doesn't appear the least bit bothered, there's a smile on his face and a glimmer of something close to amusement in his bright green eyes. It's almost as if he's use to getting into shenanigans that he's well aware would send his aunts into a fit.

Me on the other hand, I can't help the sinking feeling that fills my chest knowing that I may of aided in Milan's careless behavior. Or at least co-signed it. Even if I didn't know who he was and whom he was linked too initially. It still concerned me since he was a bit younger...and the key component was him being my bosses nephew.

"You worry too much," he chuckles. "l was careful-ish. Don't worry about it. I didn't give Elle much trouble either, did I?" He turns his gaze to me for confirmation

"Not really," I say. "It was the last order for the night and it was along the way so it was no bother. I swear it wasn't an issue."

Jenny shoots a cautious look at Milan, before turning to me, her gaze softening "ok, if you're being honest I'll take your word for it. But Milan Please try to hold off the storm of chaos that tends to follow you wherever you are? As you can see, Brielle is pregnant and not to mention, she's Monika's favorite employee."

Whether Jenny was just being nice or not, her little comment had a smile tugging at the corner of my mouth.

Monika never outright said I was her favorite but I got the idea she at least didn't mind my presence. Obviously since she kept me around after the temporary period she usually gives people she newly hires.

"I promise," Milan mocks a crossing of his heart. "I'll keep the chaos to a minimum at least. Brielle won't be the least bit stressed."

The way Her deep brown eyes stare pointedly at Milan as if looking for tell/lie solidifies to me that Milan has a very long history of mischief. Yet knowing this, it doesn't really make me uncomfortable at the anticipation of working with him. Strangely enough, Quite opposite exact. And Jenny's words only increase my sureness.

"Brielle, I know you won't fall for any of his tricks. Feel free to put him in check if he tries to skip out and run on his duties."

+++++++

Jenny gave us a rundown of what she wanted done for the day. It mainly involved confirming orders through the website and touching up any arrangements to be picked up. The general task of in person customer service wasn't delegated toward me since I mainly arranged and tended to the bouquets. They had a girl in the front that were coming in to work the in person customer service when anyone came in. Milan... was honestly here to help when needed; and extra friendly hand for the original girl that called out.

"We mainly need him here just to do any heavy lifting and help out should it get busy in the morning. Honestly, Brielle you can use him as you see fit. Think of him as your personal assistant." Jenny had told me.

I didn't mind the idea but I honestly didn't have anything for him to do. I was so use to doing it all on my own that i just felt awkward offloading something on to him just because I didn't feel like doing it even though I had the time. So I just told Milan to help out in the front for a bit if he wanted. He wasn't gonna be here long anyway, so I felt the time would past quicker if he was out there talking with people.

I usually kept the door to the room I worked in cracked open a bit just so I could hear anyone if they needed me. Today was no exception. But what made today different from the others was the upbeat clamor of voices.

Monika's flower shop wasn't typically a tense environment but I didn't really have what many would call friends here. The girls here currently were a bit younger than me and I, more than usual didn't have anything to relate with as far as I knew. They usually spoke in their little groups when they were up front. Which included talking about the latest celeb gossip and general stuff that didn't interest me.

But today? The conversation seemed more lively from what I could hear down the hall.

I couldn't help but feel it had something to do with a particular photographer that was filling in today.

"Wait so you're only here on call but you mainly do photography work? That sounds cool! How do you like it?" I heard a girl ask. Her voice was high but not nails in chalk board high.

Madison, I think I heard her name was before.

"It's alright I guess. Can get a little overwhelming sometimes but I like how each job is a bit different." Milan answers. I can't even see his face but somehow I know he's sporting his signature boyish smile. It's all in his tone, how light but audible it is.

"What do you take photos of mainly?" She asks.

I pause mid arrangement myself, I was curious about this too. Although I saw Milan a bit ago in his natural element, he never did solidly mention what his main type of photography work was.

"it can depend on the event but it's usually people mainly."

"So like, models? Oh wait, do you know anyone famous? Like any influencers or celebs? Are you on any social media? How many followers do you have?"

I chuckle silently.

I wasn't against Social media but I was always amazed at how quickly it could draw in the interest of the younger and easily influenced crowds. and I understood why. In this age if you could go viral, make connections with those who were popular and could maintain it, you could make money and become an overnight sensation if managed properly.

While I didn't know Milan's status as a photographer I imagined he would take advantage of his position.

"Oh, I'm just starting out. I mean I've gotten a few things here and there but nothing too great"

At this I halt my movement.

That...didn't sound right. I recall jenny telling me Milan had been a photographer for a couple of years and had made some name of himself. I didn't know on what spectrum that name was or could of been but I vaguely remember the girl from yesterday mentioning that he was wanted; in more than one way.

So why didn't he gloat?

"Don't worry you'll get there some day. I'm sure of it. Just keep working at it and before you know it you'll have like a mega following and stuff." Madison added her voice still optimistic.

But Milan for the duration of their idle chatter, didn't give a lick or hint to her of his status. Eventually a couple of hours come to past and before I know it, it's my lunch time. I usually bring my own lunch but I hadn't been in the mood to make anything last night. Plus I was craving food from the diner a couple of blocks down. I Particularly wanted blueberry pancakes and a side fruit bowl with pineapples.

Ironically as soon as I start to clean up my work station Milan enters the room.

"You're not leaving yet, Are you?" He glances at his phone. "I was just coming to check on you."

My brow arches "Check on me?"

"Uh, yeah. '' he says slowly as if it's the most obvious and natural thing one should do. "You're carrying another human being inside of you. Isn't it natural to be concerned?"

Not...really. I want to say. But the look on Milan's face reads genuinely curious. And maybe a little concerned.

I don't want to worry him. Generally because I don't like to bother people and more importantly, I didn't want my bosses young nephew in the mess of my personal experiences.

Although I have to admit, through the entire time he was here...I did feel this small nagging feeling to open my mouth and speak to him. The fluidity of our aimless banter in his car the other day was actually kind of refreshing. It didn't feel forced and I didn't feel anxious during the moments of silence as if I had to think of a topic quickly or he'd get bored of me. Everything just flowed comfortable. Which was odd given it was our first meeting. But I suppose maybe it wasn't too odd. From the conversation I heard Milan have with Madison, he's very charismatic, and able to make whoever he's in a conversation feel seen and/or heard. He wasn't a braggart, I knew that now, given his status which all the more added to the appeal of conversing with him.

And perhaps even added some questions. But the more I went over it in my head the more it didn't really seem appropriate. And the fact rested heavy on my shoulders.

"I appreciate it, but I'm fine." I tell him as I gather some of my stuff.

The work room was clean and clear of the usual mess I tended to work in while I was in the zone. It was always difficult for me to leave unless I fully cleaned up behind myself otherwise I'd be obsessed about it later. Because of this I usually made it my mission to pick up behind myself, it made leaving with a peace of mind easier.

But for some reason I found myself rather sluggish in my movement as I got my bag and scarf. I didn't necessarily feel tired, but more so felt this lingering feeling within me that I was forgetting something.

But what? I didn't come with much today...

I shake my head slightly from the thoughts as I sling the bag on my shoulder. Just as I turn toward the exit, I notice Milan just as he's placing his keys in his pocket. By now he's free of his apron that we tended to wear when working or handling arrangements, and back into his casual long sleeve heather grey top and dark jeans.

"Are you...going somewhere?" I ask eyeing him curiously.

"I sure am." he smiles. "With you."

"With me." I repeat with a blink. "Why are you-"

"Remember what My aunt said? She basically told you to have me around as your see fit and make sure not to stress you out today? So I'm gonna tag along."

"Yes, while at work." I tell him. "I don't think she meant to be my sidekick."

"It's funny you mention that, because when she texted me not too long after she left, 'sidekick' was the exact word she used when she reiterated what I was supposed to do today" he smiles. "She said 'make yourself useful, like the sidekick she never knew she needed'."

Jesus Christ.

My shoulders sag.

I thought I'd been doing a good job with keeping myself together while at work. I mean, I must have done some type of good if Monika didn't notice my sour mood. But when I hear Milan, it tells me that I didn't exactly get through to Jenny.

For a moment I find myself in a whirlwind of thinking what could I have possibly done to even hint to her that I needed a 'sidekick' of any sort. And how I in the future could do a better job at not being so sloppy about it all.

But the sudden warm clasping around my wrist jolts me from it all. When I blink, I notice Milan now in front of me. He looks down at me, the boyish smile still on his face.

"Come on, you got to be hungry by now. Let's go get something to eat. its just for your break right? it'll be over before you know it if we wait too long."

Before I can outwardly object, hes pulling me forward.

A slight panic surges through me as he pulls me through the door, the thought passes me that he was going to guide me out through the front of the shop while holding my wrist.

It wasn't the most romantic gesture but if I knew anything about Madison or generally the girls that worked in the front is that they would likely be gossiping about the sight of the bosses nephew getting handsy with one of the workers.

But thankfully, instead of turning down the hallway toward the front, Milan guides us toward the backway exit.

"You plan on using me as a scapegoat again?" I ask once were outside.

Milan stops just a couple steps further into the vacant parking lot, to turn to me. By now his face is free from his usual smile. Instead, replaced with a brow furrowing quizzical look. "What do you mean a 'scapegoat'? When've I ever done that?"

"Really? You forgot that impromptu performance at your late night photoshoot a couple of days ago? I remember playing the role of your doting girlfriend remember?"

"Oh," He says flatly. " that was different."

My brow quirks, "Was it now?"

"Sure was" he nods enthusiastically. "That was a favor. Between friends."

His words stump me. Or more so his tone. I swear he said we were friends with such sureness that I was certain had a he'd been introducing me to a stranger, they'd of believed him without a doubt.

How could he even say that? Though I did find it easy to relax around him, I couldn't rightly say he and I were friends. I guess that just spoke to his naivety.

"I mean it," I hear him say. " you did me a solid. And even if my aunts hadn't told me to make sure you take it easy while they were away, I did tell you id have to pay you back one day."

"The daisies weren't enough?"

"Not by a long shot." he gives my wrist, which he hadn't let go of the entire time, a gentle tug. "You really gonna turn down free food? Let me treat you, Elle. what's the worse thing that could happen?"

Even though I was a bit cautious about hanging with him, my mind drew a blank as far as an answer to his question. It wasn't as if we were gonna do this frequently. Jenny told him to just watch out for me for the day. But my ears did prick at the sound of free food, and I felt my belly jolt.

Relenting, I nod

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it? I promise I'm not a terrible person to eat with. I'll keep the talking to a minimum this time-"

"This time is just the only time we're eating together. It's just this once," I pull my arm from his grasp and point a finger at him. "And if you do annoy me I'm gonna order a to-go box and take myself home. Are we clear?"

Despite my stern warning, that little look of amusement never leaves Milan's eyes nods, "yes ma'am, " He grins. "Crystal clear."